Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture (11605 Views)

Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) / Pictures Of Obj In Senegal / "leave Our Country", Protesters Tell Obj In Senegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by aljharem3: 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2011
Atiku Skips Obasanjo In Protocols

THE lingering feud between former President Olusegun Obasanjo and his vice president for eight years, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, yesterday, reverberated as Atiku chose the occasion of the 1st Shehu Musa Yar’Adua memorial lecture to display his contempt for his former boss as he skipped him (Obasanjo) in his protocol list.

The former vice president had recognised all the dignitaries at the occasion including the visiting South African President, Mr Jacob Zuma, who was the special guest of honour, but left out Obasanjo.

Atiku, however, was quick to apologise when his attention was drawn to it by an aide of former National Security Adviser, General Aliyu Gusau Mohammed. The former vice president then said: “Before I continue, let me apologize for skipping my boss, President Obasanjo, I apologise”.

Obasanjo is the chairman of the Yar’Adua Foundation while Atiku is the vice chairman.

As if the omission was deliberate, the former vice president went further to relay his persecution under his former boss, telling his audience that like Zuma, he (Atiku Abubakar) was persecuted in office while serving as vice president.

He told the audience which included Vice President Namadi Sambo, who stood in for President Goodluck Jonathan, and former president of Mali, Alfa Konare, that, in the cause of duty and interaction with Zuma, who was then serving as vice to Dr. Thabo Mbeki, ex-South African president, he discovered that he shared many things in common with Zuma, ranging, among others, as coming from a very humble background and rose to become vice president and was persecuted while in office, the same way Zuma was persecuted and kicked out of office.

”Zuma was persecuted and later removed from office. I was also persecuted while in office, but the constitution of Nigeria blocked them from removing me from office. Ever since we became friends when we established the common things about us, in fact when I visited South Africa as Vice President, President Zuma took me to his village where I was warmly welcomed and I saw beautiful Zulu maidens. When he also visited Nigeria, I took him to my village in Adamawa”, he said.

Obasasnjo, however, did not have the opportunity to respond, having spoken first while delivering his welcome address.

Welcoming the guest, Obasanjo said that the Yar’Adua Centre features social responsibility programmes and public policy projects supporting 25 academically talented students from less privileged families and two community libraries.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/atiku-skips-obasanjo-in-protocols/

Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by obowunmi(m): 2:36pm On Dec 11, 2011
These fools, they can all rot in hell.
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by Afam4eva(m): 2:43pm On Dec 11, 2011
When two elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers. It's Nigerians that are fooolish if you ask me.
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by juman(m): 3:56pm On Dec 11, 2011
obowunmi:

Abi ooo
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by aljharem3: 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2011
obowunmi:

+

Imagine, fighting for power when both messed the country up

Just imagine, NO WAY ATIKU would be president

No way
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by Ndkings1(m): 5:59pm On Dec 11, 2011
Let them kil theirselves 4 all care .
Useles pple!
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by Funkymallam(m): 6:15pm On Dec 11, 2011
After putting this country in a state of disarray, these men still v d gut to talk and hold offices. Smh

BTW Atiku went to SA to watch beautiful zulu maidens, WTF. That means Zuma also went to see beautiful Adamawa babes, kai! See what our adults v turned into, not suprised cus their taste for women is insatiable.
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by jamace(m): 6:28pm On Dec 11, 2011
OBJ dey laugh o. grin grin
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by Basics007: 6:30pm On Dec 11, 2011
Trust Atiku,for him everything is always about beautiful maiden
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by olajide8(m): 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2011
Its is very funny when irrelevances like this are noted are these people so called ex's. In tandem with reality Atiku brought a 500million naira mansion in Asokoro area of abuja demolished it and built a 900million structure on it and handed it over to a woman jennifer whom he nicknamed jemila, complete rubbish OBJ would ask you what is your fathers name before he counted you worth of any position in his cabinent the man that felt he knew it all and only he had the solution to nigeria's challenges does deserve respect because he didn't give us respect as fellow citizens well because my cultural background does allow me to insult elders I wouldn't comment any more on this
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by Naledi14(f): 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2011
Lol jacob zuma took him to his village and showed him zulu maidens!!! OMG! Fellow niaralanders zulu maidens are young women/girls whom are virgins and ready and ripe for the taking they are usually as you all know how traditional wear is down south almost naked they are a sight to behold. Why would a vice president show another zulu maidens? ? ? Lol why not zulu traditional dancers if he wanted to showcase his culture? ? ? Maidens are not so easy to summon up usually they appear in thr thousands and throughly checked that they are indeed virgins i guess when your vice president you can pull off miracles for your fellow african brother. If i was him i would also strike up a friendship with our dear old JZ.
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by deols(f): 6:53pm On Dec 11, 2011
Atiku should move on now. .Immaturity at play!!!! hehehehhhhhhhh
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by Nicaty: 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2011
Nigerians don't need such stories. Move on Mr. man, its all in the past.
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2011
Nicaty:

Nigerians don't need such stories. Move on Mr. man, its all in the past.
deols:

Atiku should move on now. .Immaturity at play!!!! hehehehhhhhhhh
No be hin fault,the thing still dey pain ni o.
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2011
atiku can never be President angry
because this is the kind of things we will be seeing shocked
Thank God for revealing this Armajiri on time smiley
Thank God cool cool
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 11, 2011
Naledi14:

Lol jacob zuma took him to his village and showed him zulu maidens!!! OMG! Fellow niaralanders zulu maidens are young women/girls whom are virgins and ready and ripe for the taking they are usually as you all know how traditional wear is down south almost Unclad they are a sight to behold. Why would a vice president show another zulu maidens? ? ? Lol why not zulu traditional dancers if he wanted to showcase his culture? ? ? Maidens are not so easy to summon up usually they appear in thr thousands and throughly checked that they are indeed virgins i guess when your vice president you can pull off miracles for your fellow african brother. If i was him i would also strike up a friendship with our dear old JZ.

guy, leave those old fools. let us talk about those maidens. you de south Africa? abeg give me your number. you know. .
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by agabaI23(m): 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2011
Atiku is a  cheat. He went to SA to see beautiful maidens. When Zuma came to Adamawa, he showed him an inscription that read Ba shiga.
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by babsmii(m): 7:53pm On Dec 11, 2011
now watch out for part 2!!!
first no dey pain when you ridicule baba in d public

can't wait for obasanjo to reply smiley smiley this is 2012 series released early by Atiku grin grin
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by utch(m): 7:55pm On Dec 11, 2011
Zuma took me to his village where I was warmly welcomed and I saw beautiful Zulu maidens. Lol
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by Funkymallam(m): 7:58pm On Dec 11, 2011
Look @ wot a Former Vice President went to watch, and he is very proud of it.

http://pilato./2007/10/01/53/

smh
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by muyoto: 8:11pm On Dec 11, 2011
He he!

Atiku went to South Africa to see MAIDENS. . .at least that's what he remembers seeing! grin
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by tlops(m): 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2011
Nna mehn!!
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by sovpounds(m): 8:56pm On Dec 11, 2011
These fellows aint likely to ever forgive each other cos each denied the other of his ultimate life ambition. OBJ denied Atiku the Presidency because power intoxicated him and he wanted a third term in office. Atiku deprived OBJ of his ambition of a third term by blowing the whistle and embarrassing OBJ when OBJ felt it was convenient to be quiet.
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by Ndomambo: 8:59pm On Dec 11, 2011
Hv a guday
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by elcalipso: 9:07pm On Dec 11, 2011
ATIKU IS BIG FOOL FOR ACTING THAT WAY,SKIPING OBJ FOR WHAT EVER RESON THOSE NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE HE SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT BABA NA BABA
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by IYANGBALI: 9:27pm On Dec 11, 2011
na every nonsense wey no get meaning una go dey post for here?na wetin come concern us with dis yeye news?abeg make i hear word jo
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by Tinyemeka(m): 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2011
Once a park or port tout, always a tout.
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by Bright2(m): 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2011
He learned not to forgive from Baba & Baba cant forgive him so the fight continue.
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by Tinyemeka(m): 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2011
Once a park or port tout, always a tout.
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by yuboy: 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2011
I will b sayin dis and keep saying, dey are fools@70, i wonder wat jacob zuma is doin wit dos riff ragg political thugs,
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by agabaI23(m): 10:31pm On Dec 11, 2011
yuboy:

I will b sayin dis and keep saying, dey are fools@70, i wonder wat jacob zuma is doin wit dos riff ragg political thugs,
I am sure you do not know who he is otherwise you would not have said that. Among his many sins is saying that having a bath after having a bath after an unprotected sex with a HIV+ babe is enough to prevent transmission.
Re: Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture by clip: 10:49pm On Dec 11, 2011
i DO NOT THINK THESE MEN NEED THE MEDIA IDENTIFICATION WILL GIVE THEM. ATIKU IS HISTORY

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar On Child Marriage / Interrogating The Budget Of Buharinomics, By Femi Aribisala - Premium Times / 2019 Elections: Daura Youth To Purchase Nomination Forms For Buhari, Masari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.