Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

The Funniest Scam In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Funniest Scam In Nigeria (492 Views)

I Found The Term "Nigerian Scam" In My Dictionary / What Is the Funniest Comment You've Ever Read On Nairaland...? / Post The Funniest Memes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Funniest Scam In Nigeria by Zinosalexander(m): 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2013
First of all, I don’t want to seem shallow or anything but I really find this stupid. What do I find stupid you might ask. I am about to give you my thought on the funniest kind of scam in Nigeria.
Its one thing to fool me over the internet or over the phone and it’s another thing to rob me in broad daylight with my brain still in my head. What are you thinking? Are you a learner? Truth be told, these things do happen.

When I was in the university, I get to see these guys that come to announce to the class that every fresher should apply for a certain scholarship and if you apply for the scholarship, you could get as much as 500,000 naira. As if that is not enough, they go ahead to tell you that they are collecting about 750,000 naira in year from scholarship. Would you give me a break? If I was receiving 100,000 to the money I was already receiving from my parents you would know, I won’t have to tell you. Trust me.

Now I am serving and I get to see all these guys coming over to talk me into enrolling for a course that qualifies me to become a member of a professional body and the certificate I get from such an institute would give me an edge over my colleagues in the labor market. The most annoying statement he made was when he said, “we don’t need your money, and we just want to give you an edge over your colleagues”. You don’t need my money why don’t you train me for free.

I am not saying that such a certificate would do me no good but we both know that this guy is obviously lying to me, and why would I give my money to a liar?

Another variation to this lie is when I see a dirty, poor and beggarly looking man selling a book titled “Become a Millionaire in 5 seconds”. Like really?

We see this kind of thing every day, a poor guy promising you wealth. What were you thinking when you were giving him your money? Like seriously. If you want to scam me, at least put on a show and let me believe you don’t need my money.

Once again I am not generalizing that your car, phone, house or material wealth has anything to do with how much you are worth or even how much money you own. But truth is told, you material wealth does say something about how much money you have, who we are kidding.

You might bring up stories about how this rich man has just one car or how that rich man has just one house. My dear don’t kid yourself and let one sharp guy pour sand for your eye.

(1) (Reply)

Account Hacked / How Many Times Did You Write Before Making Front Page? / Ptdf Latest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.