Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,675 members, 7,865,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:56 AM

Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? (5463 Views)

Can Someone Pls Explain What Is Going On In Osun State / Who Do You Think Has Won This Fight (photo: (pls Give Ans With Reason) / Someone Pls Tell Niger Police How Ugly They Look On This New Camouflage Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by Kobojunkie: 2:56am On Mar 18, 2008
doyin13:

@KOBO

Who hire monkey.? Bloody gate crashers the lot of them angry angry angry

Frankly I think the man's brain is as slow as his speech.

IGODO MEGODO for President. At least we will get entertainment value

NOOO way. I don't think I want to watch that man hyponotize me with "GRAMMAR" , LMAO!!!!
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by debosky(m): 2:57am On Mar 18, 2008
you can really be insufferable kobo angry grin

isn't news that Geometric Power owned privately by Prof. Barth Nnaji is now in the installation stage of their 300MW IPP in Aba a recent development?

That is one example of how the IPP focus will lead to the achievement of the short term 6,000MW target.

I haven't convinced myself of anything, but it seems you have pre-decided the outcomes already, nothing I say will change that.

Things are happening, if news of turbine installation that began 2 weeks ago qualifies as old news and no progress, by all means seek your wisely thought out and simplistic solution.

All the best with the email address and your 'real time' updates.
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by Kobojunkie: 3:00am On Mar 18, 2008
debosky:

you can really be insufferable kobo angry grin

isn't news that Geometric Power owned privately by Prof. Barth Nnaji is now in the installation stage of their 300MW IPP in Aba a recent development?

That is one example of how the IPP focus will lead to the achievement of the short term 6,000MW target.

I haven't convinced myself of anything, but it seems you have pre-decided the outcomes already, nothing I say will change that.

Things are happening, if news of turbine installation that began 2 weeks ago qualifies as old news and no progress, by all means seek your wisely thought out and simplistic solution.

All the best with the email address and your 'real time' updates.

uumm,  dude,  read my questions to you. The Turbine sure is owned by private sector. Is that part of Yar adua's 7 point plan which you claim will START implementation AFTER budget is approved Are we to now consider all new developments in the country, in even the private sector to be a part of yar adua's 7 point plan??

Geometric Power Limited is working with International Owners' Engineers and Equipment Suppliers to construct the power plant and distribution facilities in Aba. GPL's power plant will have gas-fired turbines and will be built for very high reliability by using three Gas Turbines. Each of the three turbines has a capacity of 47 megawatts in simple cycle at the Aba ambient conditions. Shell Nigeria Gas Limited is the natural gas supplier.

The project is financed by international investors led by International Finance Corporation. It is strongly supported by several local and International organizations. These include amongst others, The World Bank; European Investment Bank; Shell Nigeria Gas Company; The Federal Ministry of Power and Steel in Nigeria; The Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) Nigeria; Owners of the major Industries in Aba and the Aba Community in general.

http://geometricpower.com/projects.htm
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by debosky(m): 3:03am On Mar 18, 2008
You asked me for a plan, I gave you one of the planks - supporting private investment in IPP's AND completing feasible portions of OBJ's NIPP project.

that was clearly stated in one of my previous posts if you cared to read through them.

creating a viable environment for Geometric to come in with their private funds and get integrated with the distribution infrastructure is a part of Yaradua's efforts through the NERC led by Ransome Owan.
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by Kobojunkie: 3:05am On Mar 18, 2008
debosky:

You asked me for a plan, I gave you one of the planks - supporting private investment in IPP's AND completing feasible portions of OBJ's NIPP project.

that was clearly stated in one of my previous posts if you cared to read through them.

creating a viable environment for Geometric to come in with their private funds and get integrated with the distribution infrastructure is a part of Yaradua's efforts through the NERC led by Ransome Owan.

I am sorry if the "Candy" answers you keep offering me are not good enough. Maybe you should consider that I have outgrown that stuff and need solid data and information to satisfy my hunger and need. So Geometric is Yar adua's achievement and not ObJ's achievement?? Now I am confuzzled!!!LMAO!!!

The very fact that you continually claim you have the right direction on things and I do not have information confirms that you have convinced yourself that you have a better idea of who Yar adua is and so I really would like you to dig into your fountain of knowledge on the man when it comes to answering my questions. Stop throwing me old bones and answer the questions as they are. I am sick and tired of the old news and want new stuff already. Simple!!

Notice how I am not even attacking the man directly or adding sentiments to this as you seem to be. You can see me as a Nigerian entrepreneur trying desperately to do my business the right and legal way. I have had to wait through past regimes, and at the end, NOTHING, the same OLD BLOCKS exist in my way. Does waiting even longer for someone to make up his mind on what is essentially OBVIOUS do me or my business good?? How?? What are the signs that it will?? or is this not just the old waiting game we are yet again playing here

About GPL
Company history
Vision
Mission Statement
Investor Relations

Geometric Power Limited is an indigenous, private-sector driven pioneer power provider in Nigeria , founded by Professor Bartholomew O. Nnaji.

Professor Nnaji is the Chairman and CEO of Geometric Power Limited. He is currently the William Kepler Whiteford Professor of Engineering and Director of the United States National Science Foundation (NSF) Center for e-Design: Information Technology enabled Design and Realization of Engineered Products and Systems at the University of Pittsburgh , Philadelphia , USA .

GPL is focused on generation, transmission and distribution of affordable and reliable power to industrial clusters and the general public in Nigeria and Sub -Saharan Africa.

An independent power plant targeted mainly at the industrial, commercial and residential customers is being built by GPL in Aba , a strategic industrial capital city of Abia State , located in the south eastern part of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. details»

History of GPL

Geometric Power Limited was incorporated in the year 2000 with its corporate office in Abuja , the Federal Capital of Nigeria. GPL and its partners built the first private and indigenously-owned power plant in Nigeria . The 15 Megawatt Abuja Emergency Power Station supplied uninterrupted power to the National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) of Nigeria to serve a dedicated distribution network within Abuja and its environs. Beneficiaries of this power include the International Conference Centre (ICC), Federal Secretariat and Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Headquarters.

Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by 4Play(m): 4:27am On Mar 18, 2008
Doesn't Geometric's power project in Abia predate Yar'Adua's ascension to power ?
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by chidichris(m): 8:05am On Mar 18, 2008
yar-adua@obj.com
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by SkyBlue1: 9:45am On Mar 18, 2008
@bawomolo Nigerians should have asked Yaradua for his proposals when campaigning? LOOL. Did he campaign? Someone who did not even plan to be the president. I hope people are now beginning to see some of the reasons the presidential election should have been annulled. When we are not even allowed to choose leaders because of all the rigging and electoral violence and non existent elections how on earth are we going to get leaders that are answerable to us? Wether he would have won or not is not the issue, but what is the issue is the ethos behind it. And yet when the election tribunal ruled in Yaradua's favour and hence telling us that the elections were perfect and not flawed some people came here to rejoice. Some of those same people are now coming to complain, hilarious. How on earth will parties practice policy based and debate based electoral campaigns? When they know they can just jrig elections, that is why even IBB could go and pick up a party ticket. Hence elections are no longer about which party can produce candidates with better and more intelligent policies. Look at America. Obama or Hilary or McCain will make good presidents and people in Nigeria were having to pick between lesser of evils. This thing goes back as far as the elections and now people who wanted to take short cuts, do you see were it has gotten us? The only thing now left to do is to find a way to change the system instead of making excuse for obvious inaction. What plans does this guy have? Have we all of a sudden woken up to find we have no power? So what is so complicated? In the decades we have not had power, books tailor made to our situations have been written about the problem in that period, and we still need to be looking at panels of people with questionable standings? No courage and Spinelessness has a lot to do with our current situation. Yaradua still worships the ground OBJ walks on and will not even see the man and others of his standings (the Iboris, Odillis, Alams, IBBs and co) in any bad light, people who joined to ruin the country, talk of instigating any real probe. The people on the panel inquiring about the power situation had no spine to actually ask the governor who came in for questioning any real questions, still sucking up to him with all that big man nonsense. No SPINE to stand for what is right and just. I only hope Yaradua is just being quiet but has plans of his own, and even if, he is the president and this is not the time for him to be "shy". Till i can see any better i will say spinelessness, there is no way i will praise or excuse lack of any visible progress because with the state of affairs of Nigeria, at this crucial point in time (it has been crucial for how long now?) lack of progress is actually equivalent to taking steps backwards.
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 18, 2008

Last time I checked it was 140MW. Plan was for 105MW and some spare capacity. Lets stick to the facts always. E.g you'd need 214 of such 140MW plants to generate 30,000MW. Assuming you initiate 4 similar sized projects simulteneously every year you might hit this target in 54 years. I am sure that by then even Zimbabwe and Sudan would have become industrialized.

Moral of this example - we have no time to waste and no need for a president in slow mo mode.

I'll love to have the e-mail address too. All we got from OBJ administration was mega looting and sheer wickedness at all levels. What we have received from UMYA so far has been pure drivel.
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by bawomolo(m): 1:58pm On Mar 18, 2008
bawomolo Nigerians should have asked Yaradua for his proposals when campaigning? LOOL. Did he campaign?

he didn't need to campaign because nigerians allowed it to happen. if Nigerians refuse to speak up then nothing would change?? it's not my fault,that certain nigerians choose to sell their votes for a bag of rice and a crate of coca cola.

When we are not even allowed to choose leaders because of all the rigging and electoral violence and non existent elections how on earth are we going to get leaders that are answerable to us?

if nigerians aren't happy with the elections, why didn't they protest en masse rather than just grumbling. this is what makes europe different from africa. they speak up when they don't like something. look at the orange revolution in ukraine. change or progress won't fall on your lap. u have to fight for it.
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On Mar 18, 2008
Blackwind:

Last time I checked it was 140MW. Plan was for 105MW and some spare capacity. Lets stick to the facts always. E.g you'd need 214 of such 140MW plants to generate 30,000MW. Assuming you initiate 4 similar sized projects simulteneously every year you might hit this target in 54 years. I am sure that by then even Zimbabwe and Sudan would have become industrialized.

Moral of this example - we have no time to waste and no need for a president in slow mo mode.

I'll love to have the e-mail address too. All we got from OBJ administration was mega looting and sheer wickedness at all levels. What we have received from UMYA so far has been pure drivel.

Thank you for pointing out the bottomline. We have waited 47 years and now we have to wait some more for him to figure out what the OBVIOUS problem is while the world runs off and we continue to lag behind??
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by toshmann(m): 7:58pm On Mar 18, 2008
@kobo et al,
if yaradua is waiting for the national assembly to pass the budget b4 he does anything, it is a good start. simple.

that is the genesis of law and order. his predecessor implemented his own personal budget even after a budget has been passed. there is so much that is wrong with nigeria that if yaradua only succeeds in establishing law and order, I Toshmann will give him some credit.

@deboski
i've always loved the way you argue. striaght to the point and with sound judgement. though i dont always agree with you, the basic thing about your argument which make me like to read your posts is that you dont usually go into name calling. pls keep it that way sad even in the face of provocation
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Mar 18, 2008
toshmann:

@kobo et al,
if yaradua is waiting for the national assembly to pass the budget before he does anything, it is a good start. simple.
that is the genesis of law and order. his predecessor implemented his own personal budget even after a budget has been passed. there is so much that is wrong with nigeria that if yaradua only succeeds in establishing law and order, I Toshmann will give him some credit.

@deboski
i've always loved the way you argue. striaght to the point and with sound judgement. though i don't always agree with you, the basic thing about your argument which make me like to read your posts is that you don't usually go into name calling. please keep it that way sad even in the face of provocation

There we go again trying to give the man brownie points for doing exactly what he ought to do as a president. Toshman, so Yar adua should be applauded for waiting for budget to be approved, even though his predecessor did exactly the same thing?? If you so believe his predecessor did wrong, and it can be proved, why is his predecessor still walking around free and large?? Is that law and order you speak of under Yar adua then?? Or is he waiting for the budget to be passed before he decides to move to have the man tried?
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by DisGuy: 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2008
all this gra gra net politicians sef!! na wa o

lets just return to idiagbon (military)action mode, arrest everyone,
try everyone, force the NA to pass the budget undecided

@ Fraq

get the addy for you local councillor and local government chairman first
or even the office address of your representative at least those should
be your first contact
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by toshmann(m): 8:22pm On Mar 18, 2008
kobo
e no easy o undecided , be practical. it wont be easy to do some of these things even as commander-in-chief. but he can start something somewhere. as corrupt as OBJ was, he started EFCC. as bad as EFCC was, for the first time in the history of nigeria, a governor was locked up for corruption. a senate president was removed for corruption, another was removed for bribery, for the first time in our nations history, there is a conciousness in a governor that he may end up being locked up. meaning, something has started.

yaradua can start with law and order. he wont be perfect but he can show examples. he may not correct the ills of the past but he can start a new era of orderliness. that, will be a good thing. knowing what nigeria was just b4 i left______a lawless country where anything goes, a country heading in the wrong direction to demise at a tremendous speed. if a leader stops or even slows down the speed with which we were rushing in the wrong and destructive direction, i can say. . . 'you no do too badly' .
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Mar 18, 2008
toshmann:

kobo
e no easy o undecided , be practical. it wont be easy to do some of these things even as commander-in-chief. but he can start something somewhere. as corrupt as OBJ was, he started EFCC. as bad as EFCC was, for the first time in the history of nigeria, a governor was locked up for corruption. a senate president was removed for corruption, another was removed for bribery, for the first time in our nations history, there is a conciousness in a governor that he may end up being locked up. meaning, something has started.

yaradua can start with law and order. he wont be perfect but he can show examples. he may not correct the ills of the past but he can start a new era of orderliness. that, will be a good thing. knowing what nigeria was just before i left______a lawless country where anything goes, a country heading in the wrong direction to demise at a tremendous speed. if a leader stops or even slows down the speed with which we were rushing in the wrong and destructive direction, i can say. . . 'you no do too badly' .

Toshmann,  please open your mind and eyes to this

He is a president with a 4 year contract. His first year on the contract is almost over. That is a Whole year of not much accomplished. He has 3 years to go. EFCC is NOT yar adua's project. Infact, I suspect he may have BLOCKED some of EFCC's investigations for some reason (still investigating that myself to understand the reason behind some of his blocks).

Yar Adua can Start with law and Order but so far, he is almost a whole year into his term in office and has he started?? We are not asking for MY PERFECT PRESIDENT. Not a single person in here has alluded to that being the reason we continue to cry for action. Nigeria was a lawless country last year and still is lawless to this day. And From what debosky has revealed of his knowledge of Yar adua, you almost get this idea that he believers we hired a complete novice to do the job; someone who had no plans or ideas in place before he was given the possition and that scares me even more. I mean to think that this same man was a former governor, makes me wonder if he really did much in his state or even learnt anything in his time as governor that he is applying in his new position. We are speaking of a former governor here who has now been in office as president for almost a year now.

I happen to know for sure cause I am right now fighting to get past corrupt people in government offices who continue to rip me off as we speak. I have tried fighting through companies from here but ran into walls over and over and now I am left waiting for yar adua and what he will do next(been that way for a while now). His slow approach is not actually stopping anything. The country continues to fall even with his inaction so please perish the thought that his inaction is good for the country. Inaction is for a period but dude,  it is almost a year now. When do we EXPECT to see some action?? I don't know about you but I have been hearing "e no easy o" since before babangida. When will I stop hearing that
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by toshmann(m): 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2008
i appreciate your concerns kobo, i really do. i appreciate the frustrations and indeed the expectations of nigerians. but if we must have real democracy then we should understand that the budget has to be passed b4 our money is spent. then we may as well ask the national assembly to hurry up with the budget. yaradua has done his part by sending the bill to the national assembly. now the national assembly must pass the bill and return to him. then we can face him and say . . hey, what's going on?
for now i'm afraid he has to wait for the national assembly to pass the bill. why dont you get the e-mail of your senator or MP in the national assembly and hold him at his/her balls to get his friends to pass the bill? that could be a good start.

the EFCC analogy was an attempt to say that some things may take time but if given a chance they could work somehow. it wasn't a praise for yaradua. let's encourage yaradua to keep his distance from influencing the national assembly so we may have a strong and independent legislature. it will be good in the long run.
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Mar 18, 2008
toshmann:

i appreciate your concerns kobo, i really do. i appreciate the frustrations and indeed the expectations of nigerians. but if we must have real democracy then we should understand that the budget has to be passed before our money is spent. then we may as well ask the national assembly to hurry up with the budget. yaradua has done his part by sending the bill to the national assembly. now the national assembly must pass the bill and return to him. then we can face him and say . . hey, what's going on?
for now i'm afraid he has to wait for the national assembly to pass the bill. why don't you get the e-mail of your senator or MP in the national assembly and hold him at his/her balls to get his friends to pass the bill? that could be a good start.

the EFCC analogy was an attempt to say that some things may take time but if given a chance they could work somehow. it wasn't a praise for yaradua. let's encourage yaradua to keep his distance from influencing the national assembly so we may have a strong and independent legislature. it will be good in the long run.

a) Was there a budget before this present one available for him to have worked with??
b) What did he use that one for??
c) Are there teams out there working on some planning phase for the projects he expects to use the new bugdet for once approved ??
d) how do we know this?? Is there a place we can obtain information on this??
e) Do you know of any senators who actually answer their emails?? Even Nigerian customs and Nigerian Postal service still have not gotten back to me by email,  LMAO!!! Come to think of it, I wonder if any of them actually know how to use a computer. LMAO!!
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by toshmann(m): 8:55pm On Mar 18, 2008
lol. grin grin grin

i like ya zeal sha, but the reality is that we have very poor leadership quality in nigeria that we have to make the best of the least which was forced on us by PDPocracy

so while it may feel good to score yaradua 20% we should appreciate the possibility that he could perform 1% and successfully rig a re-election to another 4 yr term of 0.05% performance and nigerians would swallow it. the guy is underperforming. i know that. what did i expect from that kind of election. what good is there in PDP? but i do realise that what we have is not good leadership but the lesser of many evils sad
OBJ once said nigerians were ungrateful. that's how these leaders feel. we need to let this guy know that we can appreciate a good thing if we see one and that we can excue imperfections and somehow try to encourage him to give the best in all honesty. at least we have a president that apparently wants to do something good for nigeria. will you be surprised if i tell you we have had leaders that do not give a damn about nigeria?
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2008
toshmann:

lol. grin grin grin

i like ya zeal sha, but the reality is that we have very poor leadership quality in nigeria that we have to make the best of the least which was forced on us by PDPocracy

so while it may feel good to score yaradua 20% we should appreciate the possibility that he could perform 1% and successfully rig a re-election to another 4 yr term of 0.05% performance and nigerians would swallow it. the guy is underperforming. i know that. what did i expect from that kind of election. what good is there in PDP? but i do realise that what we have is not good leadership but the lesser of many evils sad
OBJ once said nigerians were ungrateful. that's how these leaders feel. we need to let this guy know that we can appreciate a good thing if we see one and that we can excue imperfections and somehow try to encourage him to give the best in all honesty. at least we have a president that apparently wants to do something good for nigeria. will you be surprised if i tell you we have had leaders that do not give a damn about nigeria?

, and you have to understand, we heard that line too when Obasanjo came into power over 8 years ago. LMAO!!!
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by TCUBE(m): 8:01am On Mar 19, 2008
huh
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by SkyBlue1: 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2008
It is in the news that Yaradua has for the second time, returned the budget which the house of assembly passed because he did not agree with some things. The first time the budget was returned was because the house of assembly adjusted the budget to take into account the fact crude oil has been selling for a much higher price (about double) than what the original budget factored in. The budget was to a much higher figure for different projects as well as revealing lots of apparently hidden accounts which were discontinued. The budget was returned to Yaradua to pass but he said it was too large and might cause inflation and sent it back to the house. The budget was adjusted and reduced quite significantly by the house and returned to Yaradua and now he has returned it again because he does not agree with it. It is amicable to see a president who seems concerned with the implications of budgeting and seems to take budgeting serious. However, it would have remained amicable only if this budget being passed was for his four year term. It is not. It won't be such a big deal if this to and fro passing of the budget between president and the house took shorter sessions, perhaps days to resolve. However when you actually realise that the time period between the budget being presented to the house by Yaradua and then returned to Yaradua returned back to the house and reutrned back to Yaradua and now again returned back to the house has taken a period of no less than 6 months, one begins to wonder. In that time period, federal roads remain a disgrace and a death trap, the education sector remains a much distorted shadow of what an education system should be, power supply, a much credited factor in building of industry and expansion of the economy remains a pipe dream etc, basically insert any other promises being made for the past year. And this is the budget for one year? So when are all these projects going to be executed then? It is understandable when people say we should give the man time to move and build. However let us not be so quick to assume that real progress has to take a decade per step. Are we then going to be subjected to a third term bid by the PDP in order for Yaradua to complete a year's worth of solid work? He hasn't got eternity to move at the pace he is moving at, the factor being the urgency in our situation. Yes, our situation is urgent, power supply needed for us to compete and excel on an international scale, good infrastructure needed for development, etc. Our situation is urgent, so can we keep on at this snail pace as a response to such urgency?
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by Jids(m): 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2008
Try the e-mail address below, his secetary reads the mail first

ecxcellency.yaradua@presidency.ng
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by worldman(m): 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2008
that is not is mail i d this is yara'dua's mail id (yara'dua' @ hotmail.presidency .com)
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by AKO1(m): 10:14pm On Mar 21, 2008
POSTER HOW FAR, JUST CHECKING TO SEE IF YOU HAVE MADE ANY PROGRESS. ANYWAYS I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GATHER THAT THIS THREAD HAS BEEN TURNED INTO A WHOLE DIFFERENT THING ENTIRELY. I DISCOURAGED YOU BUT YOU WON'T LISTEN.

By the way you ever heard of something called Pro-to-col?
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 21, 2008
a chinese proverb says 'in battle, one hears of foolish haste, but not of wise delay'

yar'adua's inactivity is costing us, seriously too. a year is enough to make major progress in electricity, yet despite his promise to declare a 'state of emergency' in the power sector, he has still not woken up to the fact that it's worsening by the week. with the increase in the price of crude oil, and the slump in the dollar, more alert economies would take advantage of this to strengthen their currency, but not nigeria. we have a 'president' who sees governance as a lecture room - talk for as many hours as required and leave.

i'm sick of the man. there is so much in nigeria that needs work. and methinks that it would possibly take a simple peasant who isnt afraid to roll up his sleeves and actually get something done. and if i was convinced of his willingness and determination to make things work, i would gladly vote him in.

i concur that we have allowed the PDP impose puppets and stooges on us. but it is a difficult front to present with evidence of their willingness to shed blood to stay in power. an all out revolution would mean another civil war, and those who tasted the bitter fruits of the biafran war know better than to stir up such pain. no matter our tribal skirmishes, we are actually a peace-loving people.

what to do? hope that the opposition will sit up to their duties and make those greedy/ comatose old men do their jobs. same for the courts, the senate and the african community.

under yar'adua we have no definition of who we are as a nation, or where we are going. very worrisome
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by Kobojunkie: 11:24pm On Mar 21, 2008
iceblue:

a chinese proverb says 'in battle, one hears of foolish haste, but not of wise delay'

yar'adua's inactivity is costing us, seriously too. a year is enough to make major progress in electricity, yet despite his promise to declare a 'state of emergency' in the power sector, he has still not woken up to the fact that it's worsening by the week. with the increase in the price of crude oil, and the slump in the dollar, more alert economies would take advantage of this to strengthen their currency, but not nigeria. we have a 'president' who sees governance as a lecture room - talk for as many hours as required and leave.

i'm sick of the man. there is so much in nigeria that needs work. and methinks that it would possibly take a simple peasant who isnt afraid to roll up his sleeves and actually get something done. and if i was convinced of his willingness and determination to make things work, i would gladly vote him in.

i concur that we have allowed the PDP impose puppets and stooges on us. but it is a difficult front to present with evidence of their willingness to shed blood to stay in power. an all out revolution would mean another civil war, and those who tasted the bitter fruits of the biafran war know better than to stir up such pain. no matter our tribal skirmishes, we are actually a peace-loving people.

what to do? hope that the opposition will sit up to their duties and make those greedy/ comatose old men do their jobs. same for the courts, the senate and the african community.

under yar'adua we have no definition of who we are as a nation, or where we are going. very worrisome

That is my reasoning as well. Other economies are seriously taken advantage of this slump in the dollar to their benefit, why not us?? We do not know how long this wonderful period ( in my opinion) will last, why the delay?? This is the best time to take advantage of the fall to acquire all we can with the profits at the reduced cost. I don't get it. What is happening How much longer??
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by DisGuy: 11:55pm On Mar 21, 2008
what  are the procedures in a 'state of emergency'
will the national assembly be forced to pass every law to release money quickly?
will gas companies provide gas to the turbines or will the pipes appear in months?

Other economies are seriously taken advantage of this slump in the dollar to their benefit
how?

the main earner i can think of is exporting oil and at the moment production has been scaled back no thanks to the militants
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by frag(m): 9:05pm On Mar 22, 2008
I have said once before that the reason for this post is not to actually get yaradua's email but to expose the fact that he doesn't have one.I will assume i have gotten to the end of this discussion having left the post on for more than a week.A big thank you to everyone who has participated in the post. Thanks and good luck to us all in this God forsaken country.
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 26, 2008
oh i bet he has an email address, it might just take him four years to get to read any of them
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by Topsido(m): 2:33pm On Mar 26, 2008
yaradull@yahoo.com
I swear you won't believe me, it was given to him by a cynical friend in 2001 or so. and he still uses it till 2day.
Re: Can Someone Pls Give Me Yara'dua's Email Addresss? by kufreabasi(m): 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2008
Is itwe easy like that? why not ask of your governors own.well tell me if you know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son / EXPOSED | Abubakar Audu’s N1.8 Billion Lokoja Mansion - PICS / Yoruba-hausa Clash At Dangote Cement Factory In Ogun State, 30 Vehicles Burnt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.