Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

How Much Should Recruitment Agencies Charge For Job Search? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Should Recruitment Agencies Charge For Job Search? (3303 Views)

Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience / Top 10 Recruitment Agencies In Nigeria? / Does Anybody Know Any Recruitment Agencies In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Much Should Recruitment Agencies Charge For Job Search? by imoh4king(m): 7:23pm On Feb 21, 2013
Well, we all know that some recruitment agencies charge stipulated amounts in order to add ur Resume to their database. How much do you think whether as a graduate or SSCE holder can you conveniently pay to these agencies for your job search. I paid N3,000 last time to QERA as a graduate applicant which I think is on the high side. Nairalanders, what's ur take on this?
Re: How Much Should Recruitment Agencies Charge For Job Search? by DorcasKaruana: 2:53pm On Feb 26, 2013
I think recruitment agencies should only charge a person after they have gotten you a job. However, some will charge you for just having your CV in the database yet they take months without even calling you for interviews.

I recommend charging once you are placed in a company and the charges should be an equivalent of one months salary payable in 3 or 4 monthly installments.

In addition, recruitment companies can liaise with the client to pay half the amount(50%) and the candidate pays the other half. However, other clients will opt to pay for a 100% of the candidates salary.

www.careerpointkenya.com

1 Like

Re: How Much Should Recruitment Agencies Charge For Job Search? by imoh4king(m): 9:36am On Feb 27, 2013
Dorcas Karuana: I think recruitment agencies should only charge a person after they have gotten you a job. However, some will charge you for just having your CV in the database yet they take months without even calling you for interviews.

I recommend charging once you are placed in a company and the charges should be an equivalent of one months salary payable in 3 or 4 monthly installments.

In addition, recruitment companies can liaise with the client to pay half the amount(50%) and the candidate pays the other half. However, other clients will opt to pay for a 100% of the candidates salary.

www.careerpointkenya.com
Well, I find ur points very key and factual. I am planning to start up a recruitment agency. Do you have any idea abt what is required to start up one.

(1) (Reply)

What Follows After Interview At Mutual Benefit Assurance Plc. / Shoprite Staff Wages / Cover Letter Or Motivation Letter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.