Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,678 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations - Politics (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations (53528 Views)

PDP Wins Ife Central (osun State) House Of Assembly By-election / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Niger East Senatorial By-election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 4:10am On Feb 27, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]The Ijele of which I know is a kind of mask or masquerade. Mmonwu Ijele.[/size]

Don't mind him, I asked him to use Google, he knows but pretentiously asking...

My sister, how u dey?

The voting is still on for tomorrow right?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 4:11am On Feb 27, 2013
[size=13pt]I'm glad to see that things have been running smoothly (for the most part). An election thread will be erected in a few hours.

The election begins at 9am 27/2/2013 and will end at 6pm on 29/2/2013.

I don't see any problem in the friendly discussion continuing here throughout the election. So, till then smiley[/size]
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 4:13am On Feb 27, 2013
manny4life: Don't mind him, I asked him to use Google, he knows but pretentiously asking...

My sister, how u dey?

The voting is still on for tomorrow right?

[size=13pt]Lmao. I'm doing good. How are you?

I know PointB wants it ending Friday evening. It'll start at 9am... so less than five hours from now.[/size]
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by odumchi: 4:16am On Feb 27, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]The Ijele of which I know is a popular masquerade. Mmonwu Ijele.[/size]

Nne, I fulu ozi gi?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 4:17am On Feb 27, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I'm glad to see that things have been running smoothly (for the most part). An election thread will be erected in a few hours.

The election begins at 9am 27/2/2013 and will end at 6pm on 29/2/2013.

I don't see any problem in the friendly discussion continuing here throughout the election. So, till then smiley[/size]

Nsogbu adiro, it will continue... Just that I had a lil headache pounding headache today, then had a minor accident this evening due to bad inclement weather and rain... Reason why I was not available when they had their showdown.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by ODUANEGRO: 4:18am On Feb 27, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]The Ijele of which I know is a popular masquerade. Mmonwu Ijele.[/size]

thank you nwanyi. so why would sycan say "our ijele"? "our masquerade".....biafra rep is a masquerade?

reason i asked about ijele is because it is close to ajele in yoruba. ajele in my language is tax collector. i can see biafra rep being a tax collector, but a masquerade? .....tufiakwa! who born am?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 4:18am On Feb 27, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Lmao. I'm doing good. How are you?

I know PointB wants it ending Friday evening. It'll start at 9am... so less than five hours from now.[/size]

Ookie dokie, no problem...
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 4:21am On Feb 27, 2013
odumchi: Nne, I fulu ozi gi?

[size=13pt]A fu gom ya. I'll reply you shortly smiley[/size]

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 4:21am On Feb 27, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO:

thank you nwanyi. so why would sycan say "our ijele"? "our masquerade".....biafra rep is a masquerade?

reason i asked about ijele is because it is close to ajele in yoruba. ajele in my language is tax collector. i can see biafra rep being a tax collector, but a masquerade? .....tufiakwa! who born am?

Bia nwokem, he used it as a figure of speech. Like I learned, the Ijele is known as the KING of all masquerades in Anambra and known for three virtues - Strength, Peaceful (don't know the third). So he's not necessarily saying he's a masquerade but the defining qualities of Ijele... Who are you to say whether Biafra Rep can or not have the qualities or be King?

Ok Syncan can help kowarshiate.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 4:22am On Feb 27, 2013
manny4life: Nsogbu adiro, it will continue... Just that I had a lil headache pounding headache today, then had a minor accident this evening due to bad inclement weather and rain... Reason why I was not available when they had their showdown.

[size=13pt]Geez, I hope you're okay undecided And it's fine. Life calls often. As long as you're well.[/size]
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 4:27am On Feb 27, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Geez, I hope you're okay undecided And it's fine. Life calls often. As long as you're well.[/size]

Yeah I'm fine, thank you. It's my eyes o, they are getting worse by the day, my visibility at night and in bad weather is less than 50ft. If I could get a replacement, I will. Anyway, I'm fine.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Yeske2(m): 4:27am On Feb 27, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO:

Very funny, please stop trolling.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by ODUANEGRO: 4:28am On Feb 27, 2013
manny4life:

Bia nwokem, he used it as a figure of speech. Like I learned, the Ijele is known as the KING of all masquerades in Anambra and known for three virtues - Strength, Peaceful (don't know the third). So he's not necessarily saying he's a masquerade but the defining qualities of Ijele... Who are you to say whether Biafra Rep can or not have the qualities or be King?

Ok Syncan can help kowarshiate.

now that clarifies it even better. google ciuld not have given me what you guys can regarding your language.

but anyway, gotta go.... kachi foo !
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Onlytruth(m): 6:02am On Feb 27, 2013
alfaman1: Here goes.

1 - How old are you?

2 - Which part of igboland are you from? Describe your area very well to show you are a real nwafor Igbo.

3 - Do you agree that "One Nigeria" is better than an independent Igboland and that Igbos are murderers and kidnappers who should emulate Boko Haram and answer questions in the International Court of Justice about committing treason for trying to secede from Nigeria? Would you accept that someone who holds such views work in your cabinet or as your second in command?

Q: 1 - How old are you?

A: Nna which kain question be this? Should I also tell you my drivers license number, bank account number, passport number, and all other self identifying things, just because I want to be Eze of a faceless forum? shocked cheesy Nna biko get serious. cool

Q:2 - Which part of igboland are you from? Describe your area very well to show you are a real nwafor Igbo.

A: I'm from Nnewi. Any one who knows Nnewi well would swear that I am from there. Apart from Biafra_rep, I think most Igbo forumers know myself and Alex_101. You may have asked this question because you are new here

Q:3 - Do you agree that "One Nigeria" is better than an independent Igboland and that Igbos are murderers and kidnappers who should emulate Boko Haram and answer questions in the International Court of Justice about committing treason for trying to secede from Nigeria? Would you accept that someone who holds such views work in your cabinet or as your second in command?

A: A fully functional "One Nigeria" is better for Ndigbo; BUT a permanently DYSFUNCTIONAL "One Nigeria" is the prime enemy of Igbo survival, and we must leave it by all means. Every Nigerian has a right to believe in anything provided his belief does not lead to murder of innocent people. As long as the final say lies with the Eze, his cabinet member can't say or do things contrary to collective Igbo interest. Such would not be allowed in my "government".
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Onlytruth(m): 6:15am On Feb 27, 2013
From JackBauerBalls

My question is simple:

What is your conviction that an Ezeship on Nairaland is relevant to Igbo people in the real world?

Thank you for a sound question.

Well, the simple answer is that as of today, Nairaland is the top Nigerian forum, and is visited by a lot of people. A proper Igbo voice here can even project our voice beyond even the capacity of a physical newspaper. It is time for us to start telling our own stories to the world. If I ever get to implement half of what I plan to do with my business, I hope to one day own a website that will unseat Nairaland.
All things are possible to those who believe. cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Onlytruth(m): 6:22am On Feb 27, 2013
From Saintohia

Questions:

1. In one sentence, why do you want to be Eze Ndi Igbo of NL?

2. What are you going to do differently to better position Igbos?

3. Do you believe in the Biafra Project? Please give reasons to support your answer.

Q: 1. In one sentence, why do you want to be Eze Ndi Igbo of NL?

A: Because I believe I have the experience to move us to the next level here

Q: 2. What are you going to do differently to better position Igbos?

A: I am already doing it, whether as Eze or not; and that is to agitate for more unity among Ndigbo, and to hold our governors accountable more, and also demand our fair share in Nigeria, or be allowed to secede. I have been a powerful voice of Ndigbo in this forum for over 3 years now, and I shall continue doing so whether I win or not.

Q 3. Do you believe in the Biafra Project? Please give reasons to support your answer.

A: I believe in a Biafran project of last resort. I have outlined my beliefs in my manifesto. Please revisit it. Thanks.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by ACM10: 6:27am On Feb 27, 2013
Ojiofor:

You are very correct my brother,Fajuyi was a marked man just like Ironsi,BTW,which Yorubaman will die for his son talkless of giving his life for an Igboman.Ironsi ADC Captain Nwankwo narrated how they were both arrested and killed and how he managed to escape there was no resistance from Fajuyi neither did he shoot one bulet in defense of his guest.
Exactly!
Lt. Walbe who was part of the hit squad that assassinated Ironsi clearly said that both Fajuyi and Ironsi were targeted. He went further to refer to the storyline from the revisionists who are bent on elevating Fajuyi to hero status as "lie".
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by ACM10: 6:30am On Feb 27, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO:

the same authors whose accounts of biafra you dismissed as lies. look at you!
Which author are u talking about? Pls don't disturb my eardrum with that accursed author named Nowa Omoigui.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Onlytruth(m): 6:42am On Feb 27, 2013
From Ngwakwe

Please, if any Honourable Contestant is ready. Here are your questions.

Can you briefly outline your manifesto and describe your vision for Ndigbo and how you intend integrating and using Igbos diversity as a source of strength in achieving our collective objectives as against what will divide us and bring shame to our future generation?

How do you intend forming your cabinet?

What will you do to reject "Defeat" as an answer when it's glaringly clear you are falling of the cliff?

When you do think, our collective effort is needed to intervene beyond the inputs of the members of your cabinet.

Biafra Rep, over to you.

Q: Can you briefly outline your manifesto and describe your vision for Ndigbo and how you intend integrating and using Igbos diversity as a source of strength in achieving our collective objectives as against what will divide us and bring shame to our future generation?

A: I hope to use a strategy that will make all of us accountable for whatever fortune befalls us here and in Nigeria. Refer to my Igwe bu ike motto. I live it daily, and it shall reflect in the cabinet I will form if I win.

Q: How do you intend forming your cabinet?

A: I intend to form " a resilient cabinet" that would ensure that our voice is NEVER again suppressed here.

Q: What will you do to reject "Defeat" as an answer when it's glaringly clear you are falling of the cliff?

A: If I understand your question, I don't believe in rejecting the popular wishes of electorates.

Q: When you do think, our collective effort is needed to intervene beyond the inputs of the members of your cabinet.

A: Always
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Onlytruth(m): 6:46am On Feb 27, 2013
@ACM10:

I also share your views on Fajuyi. The "counter-coupers" of July 1966 always believed he was privy to the January coup. He was a marked man.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Onlytruth(m): 6:53am On Feb 27, 2013
berem: To the nominees, what are your plans towards the right of igbo women on this forum?

We have already implemented a deliberate program to give them a stronger voice here by instituting the Eze Nwanyi Ndigbo here. She is an epitome of Igbo elegance, class, grace and intelligence, and she has a program to make sure that our women are heard loud and clear here, always.
I shall always defer to her whenever issues of women arise. Her words would be final (subject to Oha na eze Ndigbo of course). cool

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Onlytruth(m): 7:15am On Feb 27, 2013
NRI PRIEST: This is an economic related question strictly for Nwanedo,Onlytruth.... I am very glad that you accepted your nomination,even though i didnt nominate you but your fellow Anaedo and the Agukwu clown,for the fear you might pull out but that is by the way. Now to my question proper: If you becomes the EZE-IGBO Nl for the second time how would you work to influence the IGBO,especially the Omanbalas to pull their finances togethet to give them more financial muscles to compete in the Nigerian economic platform,which is currently dominated by the sw and north???

This question is perhaps one of the main reasons I want us to start holding our governors to account more. They appropriate BILLIONS on our behalfs and have very little to show in the direction of your question. Imagine what would happen if they all pull their resources together to plan an economic revival for Igboland. Most of the key infrastructure needed for such economic plan can only be implemented on a regional or sub-regional level. The fact that SE lacks a direct international access (via international airports for example) costs the economy of Igboland BILLIONS in dollars. We need visionary governors. We can ensure that future governors of our states are visionaries by tasking them with these questions and holding their feets to the fire.
Thanks for the question.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by ifyalways(f): 7:22am On Feb 27, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

And who and who were there when you broke that kola? Ifuro aka iji awa oji...smh
Na so e dey always start.
Jumping like a mad dog into a conversation that has nothing to do with your e-existence.
If you sooooo wanno know,make your self my unpaid,un-sought for claviger.
Saying it nicely now. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Onlytruth(m): 7:22am On Feb 27, 2013
I believe I have answered all the questions posed to me. I await new ones and shall answer them as well.

My name is Onlytruth; vote for me; I am "ukwa achi n'aka o na agba". What you see is what you get. cool

I rest for now.

Signing off,

Yours truly,

Onlytruth. cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 27, 2013
Onlytruth: I believe I have answered all the questions posed to me. I await new ones and shall answer them as well.

My name is Onlytruth; vote for me; I am "ukwa achi n'aka o na agba". What you see is what you get. cool

I rest for now.

Signing off,

Yours truly,

Onlytruth. cool

Carry on my brother don't mind the efulefus in our midst.Onye igbo bu onye alakuba na akpo isi na ani oburo onye efulefu ka obu?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Syncan(m): 8:06am On Feb 27, 2013
Chukwu Eze Ebube nara ekene!Onye ndu di n'aka; a chinielu m gi aka enu o! Chi ozo a boona ta. Ihe anyi cholu ta bu isi awelle.
God King of Glory recieve our praise! He that Giveth life;i worship you! A new day has dawn. All we want is your blessings.

Igbo ndi oma nine e kenee m unu!Onye tatu ya nye nwanne ya.O nulu akwa nwanne agbana oso o, maka na ozu dolu na-esi isi, nwanne a naghi agbapu oso.
Good people of Igboland I greet you all!lets be our brothers keepers. Lend a helping hand, for the brother never abandons his brother's corpse no matter how immense the putrefaction.

Maka ndi obia n'etiti anyi.Anyu mialu m;mialu nwunye di m o! Oke a makwana uma taa akpa dibia ka dibia ghalu ima uma buo oke onu. Udo!

For the guests in our midst. May our blessings also be your portion! Do let a sleeping dog lie, that you may not be a victim of surprise attack. Peace!

Bifra Rep campaign Organisation
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by bandb: 8:08am On Feb 27, 2013
Do you belive that the Eze is not the supreme authority in the igbo polity

Onlytruth:

We have already implemented a deliberate program to give them a stronger voice here by instituting the Eze Nwanyi Ndigbo here. She is an epitome of Igbo elegance, class, grace and intelligence, and she has a program to make sure that our women are heard loud and clear here, always.
I shall always defer to her whenever issues of women arise. Her words would be final (subject to Oha na eze Ndigbo of course). cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by saintohia: 8:08am On Feb 27, 2013
Onlytruth:

Q: 1. In one sentence, why do you want to be Eze Ndi Igbo of NL?

A: Because I believe I have the experience to move us to the next level here

Q: 2. What are you going to do differently to better position Igbos?

A: I am already doing it, whether as Eze or not; and that is to agitate for more unity among Ndigbo, and to hold our governors accountable more, and also demand our fair share in Nigeria, or be allowed to secede. I have been a powerful voice of Ndigbo in this forum for over 3 years now, and I shall continue doing so whether I win or not.

Q 3. Do you believe in the Biafra Project? Please give reasons to support your answer.

A: I believe in a Biafran project of last resort. I have outlined my beliefs in my manifesto. Please revisit it. Thanks.

^^^^^^^

So far, only you responded to the three questions.

I'm ok with your answers.

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by saintohia: 8:11am On Feb 27, 2013
saintohia: @ Alex101 ,

What are you going to do differently to ensure that you'll not bring us back to Odumchi's scenario?

I'm not comfortable with your response time frame, it's too early to start apologizing.

Please convince me that you sincerely made up your mind to run, that nobody is pulling string for you from somewhere.

@ Alex101, you are yet to respond to this question and the earlier three.

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by ugojamali(m): 8:13am On Feb 27, 2013
I spent half my night reading this. Nice. Entertaining. But I have to say that all men vying for the ezeship are not competent enough. They are old with outdated ideas. So aga m eji oghere ah were muvuo motion to postpone this election, disband d electoral committee (they have been bought over), form a new committee and order fresh nominations. The current aspirants shud be banned from contesting the ezeship and new, more vibrant young men with brighter ideas should come on board. Ekwugo Ka ora m n'onu!!!!!!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 8:15am On Feb 27, 2013
ugojamali: I spent half my night reading this. Nice. Entertaining. But I have to say that all men vying for the ezeship are not competent enough. They are old with outdated ideas. So aga m eji oghere ah were muvuo motion to postpone this election, disband d electoral committee (they have been bought over), form a new committee and order fresh nominations. The current aspirants shud be banned from contesting the ezeship and new, more vibrant young men with brighter ideas should come on board. Ekwugo Ka ora m n'onu!!!!!!

Huh?

Please bro, stay away from CHAOS, don't bring that on here because it was very calm today..

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by saintohia: 8:16am On Feb 27, 2013
Syncan: Chukwu Eze Ebube nara ekene!Onye ndu di n'aka; a chinielu m gi aka enu o! Chi ozo a boona ta. Ihe anyi cholu ta bu isi awelle.
God King of Glory recieve our praise! He that Giveth life;i worship you! A new day has dawn. All we want is your blessings.

Igbo ndi oma nine e kenee m unu!Onye tatu ya nye nwanne ya.O nulu akwa nwanne agbana oso o, maka na ozu dolu na-esi isi, nwanne a naghi agbapu oso.
Good people of Igboland I greet you all!lets be our brothers keepers. Lend a helping hand, for the brother never abandons his brother's corpse no matter how immense the putrefaction.

Maka ndi obia n'etiti anyi.Anyu mialu m;mialu nwunye di m o! Oke a makwana uma taa akpa dibia ka dibia ghalu ima uma buo oke onu. Udo!

For the guests in our midst. May our blessings also be your portion! Do let a sleeping dog lie, that you may not be a victim of surprise attack. Peace!

Bifra Rep campaign Organisation

^^^^^^^

Syncan, ututu oma nwanne nmadu.

Odikwaka Biafra-rep azaghi ajuju ato M juru ndi na azo Eze, kedu ihe I chere maka nkea?

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (59) (Reply)

Was Hadiza Bala Usman Suspended Because Of This Tweet? / Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari / Kaduna Lawmakers Fight, Exchange Blows As Hazo, Deputy Speaker Is Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.