Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia (14121 Views)

Nigeria Rental Car Operator Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia(photos) / 10-year-old Girl Rescued From A Sex Attacker In Ekiti / Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by Noraokon: 4:32pm On Feb 22, 2013
Officers of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) have saved a Nigerian studying in Malaysia from premature death.

The 31 year old suspect, Dike Chibuzor Vitalis, was caught in possession of 1.430kg of white crystalline powder that tested positive for methamphetamine on his way to Malaysia where drug trafficking attracts death penalty.

He was intercepted at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos during the screening of passengers on a Qatar Airline flight following the discovery of the drugs in his luggage.

Dike could have joined other Nigerians in death row in that country if not for the intervention of the anti-narcotic agency.

The suspect who hails from Orlu, Imo State said that he was promised $4,000 to deliver the drugs in Malaysia. In his words, “I was asked to take an empty bag to Malaysia for a fee of $4,000.

When I got to the airport, the drug was discovered. That was how I got involved”.

Speaking on the arrest, the NDLEA Airport commander, Mr Hamza Umar, explained that the drug was concealed inside the bag.
“The drug was industrially packed in a way that we have to cut the sides of the bag open with a knife to discover the drug. It will take a professional to detect the drugs” Hamza explained.

http://news.naij.com/25125.html
Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 22, 2013
Vitalis nwanne m, obu otu a ka ichoro ibi ndu gi? eweghi ihe ozo ibu n'obi i ga aru, obu iburu cocaine gaba obodo ozo? chukwu zoputara gi if not i ga bu onye nwuru anwu ugbu a.

29 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 22, 2013
I'm sensing that the guy is lying... Anyways, he may not be this lucky next time. Anything that is too good to be true, is extremely dangerous. Delivering an empty bag for that amount? The guy must be a mumu.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by Nocommentever: 5:14pm On Feb 22, 2013
This comment has been blocked by the moderator
Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 22, 2013
The punitive measure for drug offenses should be very harsh! Not the slap on the wrist they get when caught...the only reason this trade is appealing to Nigerian youths is because the rewards far out weight the consequences when caught here in Nigeria. I hope our legislators are aware of this facts.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 22, 2013
Thank God o, head for don dey chopping block.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by alkadriyar(m): 9:47pm On Feb 22, 2013
Why wont they rescue him whn his father is a member of d transformation team?
I just dey talk my own o.
Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by AustineE1: 6:38am On Feb 23, 2013
Vitalis...go and sin no more!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by ifyalways(f): 6:51am On Feb 23, 2013
He's lucky though he should be made to do his time here.
I wish the young boys who dream of making it fast without hardwork and diligence would learn.Nothing good comes easy.
Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by pwiz(m): 9:32am On Feb 23, 2013
Some people know the consequences of carrying drugs in Malaysia, still yet they keep carrying it. Anyway, God saved him
Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by OmichaelO: 9:35am On Feb 23, 2013
BLOODY LIAR!!! An empty bag for 4000dollars!! As if we have mark on our faces... God saved his bloody azz

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by Booty4me: 9:37am On Feb 23, 2013
The topic is misleadinq jur.. Tot they travel 2 malaysia to save his life

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by Skywalker5(m): 9:40am On Feb 23, 2013
Booty4me: The topic is misleadinq jur.. Tot they travel 2 malaysia to save his life

My thoughts exactly

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by namdo(m): 9:44am On Feb 23, 2013
so na illegal drug business you dey use support your education there...ehhhh chibuzor? go thank your God sharp sharp and stop. Dbanj sang if you are lucky you get a second life to live and you are one of such persons. Lucky you.
Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by Jlow2: 9:56am On Feb 23, 2013
Take d risk n join d billionaires,dis nation has left us wif no choice.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by RedLight1: 9:59am On Feb 23, 2013
mitwitdot: The punitive measure for drug offenses should be very harsh! Not the slap on the wrist they get when caught...the only reason this trade is appealing to Nigerian youths is because the rewards far out weight the consequences when caught here in Nigeria. I hope our legislators are aware of this facts.
we really dnt really need such harsh law on drugs in nigeria, atleast not yet, most of these drugs are taken abroad ... How many nigerian youths can afford crystals let alone cocaine... Let them have death penalty 4 our leaders first, when everytin starts fallin into place .. Then we should later be tinkin abt harsh punishment for any drug related offenses

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 23, 2013
He's a lucky guy to be alive...but he will still serve a jail term
Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by angeldaniels(f): 10:05am On Feb 23, 2013
I think the guy is lieing
Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by kinsab(f): 10:12am On Feb 23, 2013
hehehehe empty bag see your head lair na the trick he buy the bag and take it to a bag maker and they program the thing hahahah thank God say you get person
Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by freecocoa(f): 10:13am On Feb 23, 2013
What an hediot, he must think everyone is as f00lish as he is to believe he didn't know the content of the bag.

Risking death for just about 600k, If only life is that cheap.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 23, 2013
when will they ever learn ??
Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by HAH: 10:37am On Feb 23, 2013
The topic is misleading, For any by passer one will think that the guy was rescued from the malaysian death row.

Is it that Journalism has no professional ethics in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by wickedLion: 10:38am On Feb 23, 2013
Jlow2: Take d risk n join d billionaires,dis nation has left us wif no choice.

How can 4k US dollars makes u a billionaire? not even a millionaire
Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by gunpoint(m): 10:40am On Feb 23, 2013
angeldaniels: I think the guy is lieing
shocked WOW!!!!!!!!
You don't say? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by gunpoint(m): 10:41am On Feb 23, 2013
Jlow2: Take d risk n join d billionaires,dis nation has left us wif no choice.
Grand ODE angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by otokx(m): 10:52am On Feb 23, 2013
HAH: The topic is misleading, For any by passer one will think that the guy was rescued in the malaysian death row.

Is it that Journalism has no professional ethics in Nigeria.

no standards yet especially for social media.
Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by velo10: 11:17am On Feb 23, 2013
A friend who is from Enugu got broke last year. He was so desperate to get back to his feet that he started looking for contacts to be a drug courier. He finally found one who prepared travel documents for him to go to Singapore en-route Malaysia. I begged him for his life not to dare take that move that the slightest detection would end his life, the dude didn't listen. Well fortunately for him, he became unsually ill for 3 weeks and that was the period he was to take the flight. After the illness, his contact didn't want to deal with him any more. People just need to be careful. Drug-peddling is very risky. Destinations like Asia is suicidal. Well some people will still never listen.
Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by deols(f): 11:18am On Feb 23, 2013
at age 31, youvwant to carry an empty bag from one country to the other

this guy na liar
Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by Rayprofessor: 11:21am On Feb 23, 2013
Y nigerians my brother y oh may God help u
Re: Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia by mathskill: 11:27am On Feb 23, 2013
berem: Vitalis nwanne m, obu otu a ka ichoro ibi ndu gi? eweghi ihe ozo ibu n'obi i ga aru, obu iburu cocaine gaba obodo ozo? chukwu zoputara gi if not i ga bu onye nwuru anwu ugbu a.
Vitalis my brother,is this the way you want to live your life?There issnt anyother thing or idea u have in mind to do other than to carry cocaine and trade in another foriegn land? God saved u if not...u will carry a dead person now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Young Man In Zakibiam, Benue (Graphic Photos) / Man Kills Brother’s Wife Over Alleged Witchcraft In Abuja / 18-year Old Blessing John Sold Her Baby For N20,000 In Suleja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.