Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,027 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau (8339 Views)

False Alarm: Family Of 6 Escape Death / Notorious Drug Dealer Arrested In Plateau / FCMB-Lekki Robbery: Family Of The Fish Hawker Mourns (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by gboyetade: 7:06pm On Feb 22, 2013
Unknown gunmen stormed Kogwom village in Vom district of Jos south local government area, Plateau State, killing 10 individuals and leaving two others fatally injured.

The gunmen attacked a family compound where 10 members of the family were killed in cold blood while two others sustained gunshot wounds after which the attackers routed their escape through surrounding environs.

The special task force in a press release signed by Lieutenant Kingsley Egbo confirmed the gruesome murder of the family stating that efforts by the force and police to gain access to the scene with a view to combing the area for possible trace of the attackers were foiled by the locals.

Two members of the family were fortunate to be alive and are receiving treatment at the Vom Christian hospital.

Meanwhile, angry youths continue to protest the incessant killings in the area.

Reports from the community indicates that the family lost a grandmother few days ago and gathered for the preparation of her funeral which informed the large presence of the members in the compound as the assailants attacked in the night after a family meeting.

Reacting to the attack, Special Adviser to governor Jonah Jang on media and Publicity Ayuba Pam who was at the scene described the incident as barbaric and inhuman stressing that government will not rest in the search for lasting peace in the state.

Source:Channels TV

Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by cherishgeorge(f): 1:37am On Feb 23, 2013
O.M.G diz is heartlezz ooo :oO.M.G diz is heartlezz ooo
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by Yvete(f): 9:16am On Feb 23, 2013
Wild Wild West ... oh dear Jos! sad

1 Like

Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by buoye1(m): 9:17am On Feb 23, 2013
RIP to d dead....God ll judge every1

1 Like

Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by Etumgbe(m): 9:18am On Feb 23, 2013
May God have mercy upon us.
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by GraceBestowed(f): 9:19am On Feb 23, 2013
Callous!!! Whatever anyone sows, they will reap, so whoever did this should be ready! God is patient, not slow!
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by donbazini: 9:19am On Feb 23, 2013
This tribal war stated from JOs,low level of security in dis our country is heartbreakin, if nor be GOD----
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 23, 2013
The unknown gunmen are likely to be Fulanis. These cattle rearers and also weapon weilders.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by moneyhungry(m): 9:22am On Feb 23, 2013
men are equal to the devil.
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by CeCeBillz(f): 9:22am On Feb 23, 2013
What goes around will surely come around n what goes up must come down! No two ways bout it
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by Bifam(m): 9:28am On Feb 23, 2013
How one wishes their spirits will torment their murderers! This so pathetic seems to be the norm in plateau state{truth be told}. Its almost like one week one trouble{tony one week sort of situation}. May their souls rest in peace!
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by dnawah(m): 9:29am On Feb 23, 2013
Yvete: Wild Wild West ... oh dear Jos! sad
jos na yoruba land?just asking make i no miss roadgrin

1 Like

Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by Bishop4bella(m): 9:30am On Feb 23, 2013
May God deliver us all from hands of gun men. Thank God south West is always peace and all Northern pple have their good living here.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by Nostradamu(m): 9:36am On Feb 23, 2013
okkkkkkk.....with all these killings since like FOREVER and "Jagajanga in the middle of all this -i.e. the supposedly no. 1 chief security officer of the state- ; dunno, i think the puzzle is sorta fitting together....! i mean why would people's live(s) be so negligible such as this height of madness happening in Unjost...! Maybe sumone needs to be impeached (or resign voluntarily)since no progress in security has been made since he's been bleeping in charge of the state....!
Awon oloshi......
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 23, 2013
man is the most cruel among all the animals.
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by Ambidexter(m): 9:42am On Feb 23, 2013
The most annoying part is that: if you try to find out what those people did that caused their untimely death, you'll never find anything. Some people dont see others as their fellow humans. SMH!
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by confusion247(m): 10:29am On Feb 23, 2013
Fulaniiiiiii poweraaaaaa......Gowon should go on with one Nigeria why the fulani herdsmen continue with the principles of one Nigeria. This is just the beginning.
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by yavo2: 10:35am On Feb 23, 2013
Speechless...
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by Psylas(m): 10:39am On Feb 23, 2013
Speechless
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by adorable29(f): 11:00am On Feb 23, 2013
Oh my naija! So you went on to reveal the hospital d 2 survivors/eye witness are?! So d public can come pay courtesy visits or so d killers can come finish wat dey started! How callous of our security agencies!

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by caesaraba(m): 11:15am On Feb 23, 2013
adorable29: Oh my naija! So you went on to reveal the hospital d 2 survivors/eye witness are?! So d public can come pay courtesy visits or so d killers can come finish wat dey started! How callous of our security agencies!

It's not like the killers are unknown. These Fulani guys have been attacking those villages for years now. The fact that the media (in the usual mien) keep saying "unknown gunmen" doesn't hide the truth from those who are conversant with the issues on the ground. Very sad situation.
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by gerrardomendes(m): 11:26am On Feb 23, 2013
j-town holucaust
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by Vivipop(f): 11:31am On Feb 23, 2013
Hmmmmm... There was a time when a murder of this sort is rare,a very big taboo and greatly mourned by almost everyone. Now,it's like an everyday news,it has become so common that one can even predict what sympatizers will say,nothing short of "RIP, the wicked notherners,God will judge the muderers,etc". At the end,everybody will go back to their daily routines as if nothing ever happenend, patiently waiting for another news of the sort. Someone once told me that d end is so near and now I wish the end had come long ago. This world is full of shit.
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by survival1(m): 11:42am On Feb 23, 2013
To tink i left vom day b4 yestaday. I rememba d security man in d site i worked tellin me not 2 stay till dusk. 4rm what he said, it is dangerous nd he knows what his are capable of doin. So i don't really beliv it has anytin 2 do wit d fulanis.
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
lacasa:

U were there wen it happened i can see.

F.ool undecided
God bless u.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2013
May their souls and the souls of d faithful departed thru d mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by newsmaster(m): 12:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
Enough is enough. Since govt. Cannot help, the people should help themselves by way of securing themselves. They should also acquire weapons for self defense. If u are in Jew u behave somehow like the Jewish.
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by LeJeun3: 12:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
survival1: To tink i left vom day b4 yestaday. I rememba d security man in d site i worked tellin me not 2 stay till dusk. 4rm what he said, it is dangerous nd he knows what his are capable of doin. So i don't really beliv it has anytin 2 do wit d fulanis.
Bro, don't show your ignorance.........the Security man gave you a tip, because you don't come from there, that is you are a stranger who from what I see can't defend himself. Fulanis have been raidin this villages for a long while. #Opensecret
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by juman(m): 1:00pm On Feb 23, 2013
Oh, another bad news.
Re: Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau by Temismith(f): 1:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
Again!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Raped By A Woman For 2 Days - True Story / Adventure Into Onitsha Sex Market•pregnant Women, Mothers & Daughters Involved / Man Stripped Unclad, Paraded, For Stealing A Ram (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.