Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World (30674 Views)

Nigerian Girl Chills, Places Her Feet On Obama’s Desk | PHOTOS / US Places $23m Reward For Boko Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by cyril83(m): 10:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
Abrantie GH:

I was actually looking forward to see Nigeria on the list. I'm sad.
Sad? Despite all these downgradings your country and most countries in africa stil depend on Nigeria.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by dokunbam(m): 11:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
Nigerians hate Nigeria so much sha.

If you want Nigeria on the list make your list and extend it to 21

i believe strongly that Nigeria cannot be compared with those counties
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by lonniaj: 11:09pm On Feb 23, 2013
London where are you on the list. Or do they still need to trick people to the farcade.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by ekwerendi(m): 11:13pm On Feb 23, 2013
Lilnikee: Nigeria is not Bad afterall..
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by yungsage100: 11:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
Nigeria is okay..Majority of Nigerians need to change their attitude towards each other..take a look @ this thread and you'd understand.It all starts with the man in d mirror
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by cyril83(m): 11:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
If you say Nigeria is poor remember Nigerians are not poor.

Only in Nigeria we have the richest Man *Dangote* in africa and the richest Woman *folorusho alakija* in africa.

Only in Nigeria we produced 5 richest pastors in the world namely
Oyedepo
Oyakhilome
T.B Joshua
Ashimonowo
Chris okotie.

Only in Nigeria an ordinary man could single handedly feed the whole ghana.
Only in Nigeria an ordinary police officer worth billions of naira
Nigerians dominate most of the foreign banks e.g BoA,swiss bank etc
Go to united states of America,Uk even African countries and see properties owned by nigerians

Without the help of Nigerians Most countries would have longed varnish away from the surface of earth, if not corruption The Country NIGERIA would have been the best country in the world.

2 Likes

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by razznaija(f): 11:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
Me: scrolling down.
Me: Mali, Namibia, Yemen,Liberia.
Me: I know that Nigeria will be on this list.
Me: end of post.
Me:Where is Nigeria??!!!!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Smhart1(f): 11:45pm On Feb 23, 2013
U are expectn Nigeria 2 be on d list and u are a Nigerian may God help u oooo.....it is in Nigeria u will see pple using d latest fonez, on person having 2 blackberry phones and 1 Iphone e.t.c if u think u are suffering in Nigeria den try dose listed countries out
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Smhart1(f): 11:45pm On Feb 23, 2013
U are expectn Nigeria 2 be on d list and u are a Nigerian may God help u oooo.....it is in Nigeria u will see pple using d latest fonez, on person having 2 blackberry fone and 1 Iphone e.t.c if u think u are suffering in Nigeria den try dose listed countries out

1 Like

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by SOUTHSOUTH1: 11:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
WHILE READING EACH TIME I MOVED DOWN, I WISHED NOT TO SEE NIGERIA ON THE DAME LIST..
YOU SHOULD SEE HOW RELIEF I WAS AT THE END SIMPLY BECAUSE 9JA NO JOIN THAT LIST..
I KNOW WE ARE NOT THAT BAD!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by LeOstrich: 11:50pm On Feb 23, 2013
Smhart1: U are expectn Nigeria 2 be on d list and u are a Nigerian may God help u oooo.....it is in Nigeria u will see pple using d latest fonez, on person having 2 blackberry and 1 Iphone e.t.c if u think u are suffering in Nigeria den try dose listed countries out

How can you equate Phone technology proliferation to standard of living knowing well that 80% of Nigerians who own smart phones in Nigeria consider them a status system and will divert their meager earnings and savings to acquire one?
It is like drawing a parallel with Fashola's wasteful hosting of that tart Kim and then attributing it as a direct correlation that Nigerians are wealthy?
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by cyril83(m): 12:04am On Feb 24, 2013
Le Ostrich:

How can you equate Phone technology proliferation to standard of living knowing well that 80% of Nigerians who own smart phones in Nigeria consider them a status system and will divert their meager earnings and savings to acquire one?
It is like drawing a parallel with Fashola's wasteful hosting of that tart Kim and then attributing it as a direct correlation that Nigerians are wealthy?
drop your country here and let's do it once and for all.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by LeOstrich: 12:07am On Feb 24, 2013
cyril83: Drop your country here and let's iron it once and for all.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by cyril83(m): 12:17am On Feb 24, 2013
[quote author=Le Ostrich][/quote]what's the meaning of this? Germany and nigeria? Whoz this Ape? Whts your father's country my friend?
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Yujin(m): 12:22am On Feb 24, 2013
shymexx:

Is the same thing not happening in Nigeria?? Political assassinations? Extra-judicial killings in the North and the bodies discovered in a river in eastern Nigeria this month Police killing people everywhere for no reason?? Terrorists and religious violence??

Don't even talk about armed robbers, kidnappers, andhigh poverty and unemployment rate... lipsrsealed

Obviously, you don't really know what a miserable place is like, to be honest..
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 12:30am On Feb 24, 2013
big head: That list is a furckking fake one, where tongue the furckk is Nigeria.
It should be 1st on the list. I'm sure the person who compiled
Was bias.
Bunch of faker angry

Lmao... Nigeria deserves its place on the list!!! grin

Nigeria, where art thou?? angry
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Yujin(m): 12:40am On Feb 24, 2013
shymexx:

Is the same thing not happening in Nigeria?? Political assassinations? Extra-judicial killings in the North and the bodies discovered in a river in eastern Nigeria this month Police killing people everywhere for no reason?? Terrorists and religious violence??

Don't even talk about armed robbers, kidnappers, andhigh poverty and unemployment rate... lipsrsealed

Obviously, you don't really know what a miserable place is like, to be honest..
With this post you have won the debate. Nigeria rightly ought to be in that list. A place where the masses are hopelessly waiting for divine intervention because they don't seem to know any other way out of their predicament. A place where no suspect in any assasination case have been punished. A place where if one is not killed by terrorists an accidental discharge from a cops gun will or armed robbers will sink bullets into him after dispossesing of his meager money. A religious or political crisis will ensure he doesn't live should he escape all the aforementioned death traps. Who is 51% sure of seeing a peaceful day tomorrow in Nigeria? Nigeria ought to be in that list.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by mizzochocinco: 12:42am On Feb 24, 2013
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by hamzakyana(m): 12:48am On Feb 24, 2013
Iran and kenya made the list and somalia, Nger, North korea!yes North korea, and chad are not on the list.smh.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by hamzakyana(m): 12:50am On Feb 24, 2013
Iran and kenya made the list and somalia, Niger, North korea!yes North korea, and chad are not on the list.smh.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 1:00am On Feb 24, 2013
Crude oil from the south has kept us away from the list, at least for now......

I can't imagine what Nigeria would rely on when crude oil finishes....... We just too short-sighted, and greed won't make us diversify......
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 24, 2013
Namibia on the list... undecided
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by BankuTilapia: 1:43am On Feb 24, 2013
cyril83: If you say Nigeria is poor remember Nigerians are not poor.

Only in Nigeria we have the richest Man *Dangote* in africa and the richest Woman *folorusho alakija* in africa.

Only in Nigeria we produced 5 richest pastors in the world namely
Oyedepo
Oyakhilome
T.B Joshua
Ashimonowo
Chris okotie.

Only in Nigeria an ordinary man could single handedly feed the whole ghana.
Only in Nigeria an ordinary police officer worth billions of naira
Nigerians dominate most of the foreign banks e.g BoA,swiss bank etc
Go to united states of America,Uk even African countries and see properties owned by nigerians

Without the help of Nigerians Most countries would have longed varnish away from the surface of earth, if not corruption The Country NIGERIA would have been the best country in the world.
Illiteracy is a disease, ders no connection b/n da pile of shiiiit u hv written n da topic. U ape
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 1:58am On Feb 24, 2013
shymexx:

You mean the same Iran that the yanks call an intellectual property, no??

The same Iran with a GDP twice that of Nigeria with half our population, no??

The same Iran that has the 2nd largest proven crude oil reserve in the world, no??

The same Iran that produces its own military hardware, no??

The same Iran that exports 10 times the megawatts of electricity Nigeria generates, no??

You must be having a laugh, mate!! Iran is 50years ahead of Nigeria in everything despite back breaking sanctions - quote me!!

Iran is miserable on human rights.

Iran is miserable by nosing around with other countries for religion influence.

Iran is miserable by acting as if the technology for the nuclear plants belong to them. Flaunting the power it doesn't possess.

Iran is miserable by forcing it religion laws on the people.

Iran is miserable that Ayatollah has to dictate everything in that country.

Iran is miserable for killing people who are gays.

So, it is not all about high GDP and natural resources. Quote me!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by djteewhy: 3:36am On Feb 24, 2013
rakumiii: I have to say I was really shocked when I didnt see Nigeria on thie list. I wonder if someone payed someone to remove Nigeria from the list.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by djteewhy: 3:40am On Feb 24, 2013
Nigerians are immigrating to theses so called miserable countries, that makes Nigeria te defination of Miserable
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 3:59am On Feb 24, 2013
rakumiii:
GDP

Nigeria - $244 Billion (2011)
Angola - $104 Billion (2011)
Libya - $62 Billion (2009)

Living conditions is 100 times better in Libya than in Nigeria
Go to Libya now
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Humphreydis(m): 5:21am On Feb 24, 2013
chemberlin: How come Ajegule, mushin, bariga, oshodi, and warri is not on the list....NIgerians like to dey do ojoro to much
.....guy wetin dey worry u nah....hv u bn 2 warri before?...oil city!..u wan die!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by rakumiii(m): 5:56am On Feb 24, 2013
ITbomb:
10 million people sharing 104 billion and 170 million people sharing 244 .
They should be better off

My guy are you still falling for that propaganda that there are 170 million people in Nigeria? grin

Where are these people? Do they reside in the bush or jungle somewhere? or off the express way driving from Lagos to Ibadan or to Edo State?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lessons From The Recent Coup In Niger, By Jideofor Adibe (Pictures) / ADF Rebels Attack Private School In Uganda. 42 Dead, Many Injured (graphic) / Inflation Forces Turkey’s Central Bank Chief To Move In With Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.