Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World (30655 Views)

Nigerian Girl Chills, Places Her Feet On Obama’s Desk | PHOTOS / US Places $23m Reward For Boko Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by ayd91(m): 10:39am On Feb 24, 2013
jammyng: For those thinking Nigeria should be on that list, think again. Nigeria is a super rich nation! tongue
lol plus we won the African Nations Cup.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by ayd91(m): 10:42am On Feb 24, 2013
Tund£:
let me help,
unemployable graduate, high level of corruption, inadequate development plan.
unemployable graduates? Please speak for yourself.
Its okay to condemn yourself but you don't have the right to condemn the entire products of Nigerian Universities.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2013
Toluwarni:
Chai! some Nigerians sha! Una no get sense? a wheelbarrow pusher a minimum of $5 a day... 80% Nigerians eat 3 square meal a day... Nigeria is rich, the people are rich! so i don't know where you got your info from... do some research! and stop misleading people..

Bro, you're letting your emotions cloud your judgement. Nigeria as a country may well be rich, but the same can't be said for her citizens. The divide between the rich and the poor is massive, with barely any middle ground.

The wealth in Nigeria is in the wrong hands, and until that fact can be acknowledged, things will never improve. There are citizens in Nigeria who have too much money, and live lavishly with lots of automobile and more fixed assets than they know what to do with. Then the corrupt politicians with half the country's reserves in their foreign accounts. Then the average Joe, to whom staying alive is a daily battle.

There are poorer countries than Nigeria whose citizens are better off, because they have a lower population, and wealth is distributed much more evenly.

Looking at things this way, it's a marvel Nigeria's not on that list.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by darenxy732: 11:18am On Feb 24, 2013
i dont believe in this list :-Xi dont believe in this list
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by LeOstrich: 11:21am On Feb 24, 2013
ayd91:
Its okay to condemn yourself but you don't have the right to condemn the entire products of Nigerian Universities.

He doesn't fully understand what the term unemployable graduate means.

@Tunde: For your info, to be unemployable your initial skills and qualification are either not relevant or are not competent enough to fill the current labor market demands and does not mean stagnant or declining employment levels within a society. The average Nigerian graduate does not have the skill required to gain employment in the first place.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by kolamilan(m): 11:22am On Feb 24, 2013
chemberlin: How come Ajegule, mushin, bariga, oshodi, and warri is not on the list....NIgerians like to dey do ojoro to much
who tell you say all the places you mentioned are countries.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Ebestsmscom: 11:26am On Feb 24, 2013
manny4life: That Nigeria isn't on the list the people aren't miserable... anyway, still good for naija. oto dili nu jesu, n'andu ebe be... Amen

Nwa afo Igbo.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Ebestsmscom: 11:27am On Feb 24, 2013
M M M: 26. Northen part of Nigeria cry angry

Yes ooooh
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by TundE8: 11:27am On Feb 24, 2013
Why deceive yourself, we all know the truth. Is the truth too bitter to swallow
ayd91:
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by TundE8: 11:33am On Feb 24, 2013
according to your definition of unemployable, what is the ratio of available work to the graduate being produced. Does the certificate really show the capability of the individual, why is there discrimination between HND and BSC.
Le Ostrich:

@Tunde: For your info, to be unemployable your initial skills and qualification are either not relevant or are not competent enough to fill the current labor market demands and does not mean stagnant or declining employment levels within a society. The average Nigerian graduate does not have the skill required to gain employment in the first place.

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 24, 2013
Approximately, Nigeria's unemployment rate is 23% and inflation is 11%, according to official records. That puts us just outside the list.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by olagamalin(m): 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2013
chebeoc: if iran is there, then nigeria suppose to be include
re.tard, classic example of wasted youth
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by olagamalin(m): 12:20pm On Feb 24, 2013
Mrhod: c europen con3 on d list o, 1st world con3 i dont beleive dis
who left your cage open?? Cretin on d loose
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by frankells(m): 12:29pm On Feb 24, 2013
9ja i d hail oooooooooooooo
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Jaftee(m): 1:01pm On Feb 24, 2013
I no fit shout, Iranians are too loud but have nothing. Dem showing us a fake picture of drone brought down in their contery, hahahahaha Nigeria would have brought 50 before them
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2013
Smhart1: U are expectn Nigeria 2 be on d list and u are a Nigerian may God help u oooo.....it is in Nigeria u will see pple using d latest fonez, on person having 2 blackberry phones and 1 Iphone e.t.c if u think u are suffering in Nigeria den try dose listed countries out

If you measure the wealth of a country by the number of her citizens using the "latest" phones, then there's no point engaging you in any sort of sane debate. The use of a BlackBerry or iPhone does not alleviate the issues with unemployment, poverty and general well-being.

Get real!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Desdola(m): 1:14pm On Feb 24, 2013
Scrolling anxiously to see the position of Nigeria but was quite surprised it was not there. At least Naija is trying in some aspect of life.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2013
delors:
Bros, open u gaddamn eyes n brain...Nigeria cannot be ranked alongside Iran, Sudan, Mali...etc How many Malians have access to the internet you are using to post this yeye comment on Nairaland right now? dull brains!!!!

All he's trying to say is don't take everything that comes from or based on CIA data "hook, line & sinker". . .you also might want to check the GDP per capita figures of Iran and the Maldives for greater insight.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Bumpad: 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2013
@ shymex if u dey vex se u knw go comot for nigeria
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by cutina: 2:19pm On Feb 24, 2013
How can Iran and Yemen be poorer than Somali, chad , Rwanda. That does not make sence .
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by cutina: 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2013
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by sammirano: 4:05pm On Feb 24, 2013
IRAN shouldn't be on that list
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2013
osinachii: I concur absolutely

You mean the same Iran that the yanks call an intellectual property, no??

The same Iran with a GDP twice that of Nigeria with half our population, no??

The same Iran that has the 2nd largest proven crude oil reserve in the world, no??

The same Iran that produces its own military hardware, no??

The same Iran that exports 10 times the megawatts of electricity Nigeria generates, no??

You must be having a laugh, mate!! Iran is 50years ahead of Nigeria in everything despite back breaking sanctions - quote me!!
Most Iranians aren't happy despite the affluence you are talking about. It is clear you don't know what miserable mean.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Mresewhite: 5:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
rakumiii: I have to say I was really shocked when I didnt see Nigeria on thie list. I wonder if someone payed someone to remove Nigeria from the list.
I'm rilli surprise bro
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Tinyemeka(m): 6:17pm On Feb 24, 2013
rokiatu: Yea right I sure as hell ain't shock to see Liberia there.

Lord what happen to our country? cry cry cry cry cry

Rokia, is u a Librarianese?!

@OP, I'm shocked that Nigeria is not on the list. I can't breathe properly. sad
Is it a good thing?
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Deiok(m): 8:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
Red-Light:
1 question for u... Are u jobless? If u are jobless i cn employ u.. Ok?
you are hopeless, i wont blame you, cause it might be the ashness of nigeria on you.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Deiok(m): 8:54pm On Feb 24, 2013
CFCfan:

Exactly; I've always wondered how the 160/170 million figure came about. I think Naija's population should be around 100 million.
Are you sure you have ever left your house since you were given birth to. How can you say that about nigeria population.do you know if you travel 1mile away from your local govt. Area, there will be 1% chance of you seeing someone you have seen before.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by otokx(m): 9:26pm On Feb 24, 2013
This is a fake list.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
Stupid pple ''misrable'' doesnt mean ''poor'', no matter d problems Nigerians face, we still remain happy
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Truwaves: 10:24pm On Feb 24, 2013
True
rakumiii: I have to say I was really shocked when I didnt see Nigeria on thie list. I wonder if someone payed someone to remove Nigeria from the list.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Goes Unclad To Celebrate Zambian President's Election Victory.PICS / Raila Odinga Swears Himself In As Kenya 'President' / ADF Rebels Attack Private School In Uganda. 42 Dead, Many Injured (graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.