Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,919 members, 7,952,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:15 PM

Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled (29588 Views)

CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms / Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs / What Differentiates Islamic Banking From Other Banks In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled by arbitrage: 11:15am On Feb 23, 2013
I just got the email below from GTBank:

Dear Valued Customer,

TRANSFER FROM SAVINGS ACCOUNT TO OTHER BANKS

We are pleased to inform you that you can now perform daily third party transfers up to a limit of N500, 000 (five hundred thousand naira) only, from your GTBank Savings Account to any bank in Nigeria.

This service called NIBSS [Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System] Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT) is available 24/7 and can be accessed from anywhere in the world. Simply log on to our Internet Banking Portal from www.gtbank.com, click on Transfers and then ‘NEFT Transfers to Other Banks’.

We take great care to ensure that your account is protected from unauthorized transfers and have therefore instituted a first-time beneficiary registration for third party transfers using your token device. This will further reduce the chances of a fraudulent transfer of your funds to unknown beneficiaries.

In other to avoid electronic fraud while conducting online transactions, kindly adhere to the following tips:
GTBank will NEVER ask you to provide your PIN, Token code, Internet Banking Password or other Security information via e-mail, phone calls or text messages.
Do not respond to emails or text messages asking you to update your account details online or informing you that your account has been suspended.
ONLYaccess our internet banking portal from www.gtbank.com and contact GTConnect if you suspect or notice any discrepancy on your online transactions.
For more information, please call GTConnect on 01-4480000, 08029002900 or 08039003900 or join our GTCommunity on facebook – www.facebook.com/gtbank and Twitter - @gtbank.
Thank you for choosing Guaranty Trust Bank plc.
Re: Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled by egoldman(m): 9:07am On Mar 02, 2013
This one na 100% lie , i tried it just now and the option is not enabled angry angry
Re: Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled by Youngzedd(m): 9:22am On Mar 02, 2013
Not working, I tried it when I saw the mail but it has not been enabled.

Maybe they are still working on it
Re: Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled by presegsADESIDA(m): 2:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
egoldman: This one na 100% lie , i tried it just now and the option is not enabled angry angry

It's been working for so long but the beneficiary will get the cash within some few hours if done during working hours and the following day if done out of service area.

You need to add the service your self by clicking on the self Service but you need your token device before you can do this.

Ok?

1 Like

Re: Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled by arbitrage: 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2013
egoldman: This one na 100% lie , i tried it just now and the option is not enabled angry angry

My own works anyway. Try again following their email instructions.
Re: Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled by egoldman(m): 7:32am On Mar 03, 2013
I have checked and observed what they did , it is not the instant transfer type , its the one that get credited within 24hrs and maximum 500,000 naira a day ,they would have made it clear anyway.
Re: Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled by Tiemo(m): 4:15pm On Jun 10, 2016
This is 2016 and I just did transfer of 1,100,000 naira. I used hard token with my Gtbank app. I did 900k first and then 200k later d same day.
Re: Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled by hormolajah(m): 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2016
i have not been able to send money to other banks with the mobile app... My account is GTCREATE eSavers Account tho. is there anything i can do?

(1) (Reply)

Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank / Saudi Arabia Shops Use Buharis Name To Attract Customers / CBN To Announce New Currency Policy Tomorrow (June15)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.