Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Fastest Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Car (2349 Views)

The Fastest Car Of Every Decade (1880-present) / Photo: Meet The Fastest Car In The World / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fastest Car by majinice07: 11:26am On Feb 23, 2013
Which car is the fastest car in nigeria (product and model should be specified.
Re: Fastest Car by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
majinice07: Which car is the fastest car in nigeria (product and model should be specified.

Not an easy question to answer bro.

Are you referring to the fastest automobile available in Nigeria, as in a model readily available, that you can purchase from any Nigerian showroom? Or are you including personal imports?
Re: Fastest Car by majinice07: 4:53pm On Feb 24, 2013
Yes bro! I mean in Nigeria
Re: Fastest Car by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 24, 2013
The Bugatti Veyron that I saw a picture of it in Abuja. If the picture is correct then you have your answer.
Re: Fastest Car by majinice07: 3:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
Post the picture here now
Re: Fastest Car by lonelydora: 8:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
Convectional cars are not for speed tests. Fastness depends on your engine size. But, the fastest car in the world is the Bugatti Veyron with W16 engine which delivers a torque of 1100. It's top speed is faster than the take off speed of an airplane.
Re: Fastest Car by majinice07: 9:09pm On Feb 27, 2013
Waw! Love this car but can it be found in nigeria?
Re: Fastest Car by optimusprime2(m): 2:18pm On Feb 28, 2013
Though BMW M5's are one of the worlds fastest cars, and we do see them around in Nigeria.
but the Fastest Car "I have seen in Nigeria" is the Aston Martin DBS, I saw that a couple ago in Abuja... Why do I fink so? (well, its not as if I'v seen a Bugatti Veyron around) these are its Stats;
5.9liter 48 Valve V12 engine- guess what? The DBS boasts of 4Valve's per Cylinder!
Whoops out 510hp for Charity-
max speed is 307km/h-
and interestingly it burns from 0-60 in 4.1secs.
I was forced to research on this car because of my experience.
I was driving a V6 2011 Honda Accord @the time, when I saw this Bionic beauty by the traffic lights @Ministry of Finance Abuja, it was a sunday by 5pm, so the road was wide N clear- gradually rolling up to the waiting Aston Martin I looked admiringly at the car, gave a cheeky smirk and wink at the White Guy in the Aston Martin.
He Got the Jerk... I really wanted to test that car against mine practically, cuz I felt it was overhyped due to its appearances in James Bond movies & its reputation for being a Bond car (I did'nt know that car true true na winch) as soon as the lights flashed Green, I floored it... for a second it sounded like a Symphony of mechanical notes, there was this simultaneous roar of Engines though the Aston Martin's was most obviously menacing(I wished I was behind the wheel) then it happened....

The car took off like a ghost, I was virtually left trailing behind despite the fact, that was the most aggressive takeoff I'v ever made with that Honda- I chased hard, as I picked up speed I felt I'd catchup but each second seemed to push the car further away... At 160km/h I gaveup the chase, it was no use... (I could Imagine the white guy snickering to himself "thot he could challenge me with a Bloody Honda"wink I concluded the DBS was no car, but a Prescision instrument of speed & aerodynamics. Made my prized Honda look like a Tractor.

That my dear Nairalanders, was my Aston Martin experience...

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Car by Nobody: 5:02am On Mar 01, 2013
majinice07: Post the picture here now

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=abuja+bugatti+veyron
Re: Fastest Car by ziccoit: 5:26am On Mar 01, 2013
optimus-prime1:
Though BMW M5's are one of the worlds fastest cars, and we do see them around in Nigeria.
but the Fastest Car "I have seen in Nigeria" is the Aston Martin DBS, I saw that a couple ago in Abuja... Why do I fink so? (well, its not as if I'v seen a Bugatti Veyron around) these are its Stats;
5.9liter 48 Valve V12 engine- guess what? The DBS boasts of 4Valve's per Cylinder!
Whoops out 510hp for Charity-
max speed is 307km/h-
and interestingly it burns from 0-60 in 4.1secs.
I was forced to research on this car because of my experience.
I was driving a V6 2011 Honda Accord @the time, when I saw this Bionic beauty by the traffic lights @Ministry of Finance Abuja, it was a sunday by 5pm, so the road was wide N clear- gradually rolling up to the waiting Aston Martin I looked admiringly at the car, gave a cheeky smirk and wink at the White Guy in the Aston Martin.
He Got the Jerk... I really wanted to test that car against mine practically, cuz I felt it was overhyped due to its appearances in James Bond movies & its reputation for being a Bond car (I did'nt know that car true true na winch) as soon as the lights flashed Green, I floored it... for a second it sounded like a Symphony of mechanical notes, there was this simultaneous roar of Engines though the Aston Martin's was most obviously menacing(I wished I was behind the wheel) then it happened....

The car took off like a ghost, I was virtually left trailing behind despite the fact, that was the most aggressive takeoff I'v ever made with that Honda- I chased hard, as I picked up speed I felt I'd catchup but each second seemed to push the car further away... At 160km/h I gaveup the chase, it was no use... (I could Imagine the white guy snickering to himself "thot he could challenge me with a Bloody Honda"wink I concluded the DBS was no car, but a Prescision instrument of speed & aerodynamics. Made my prized Honda look like a Tractor.

That my dear Nairalanders, was my Aston Martin experience...

U get liver o. Interessant.

(1) (Reply)

HELP: How Many Miles Per Litre???? / 4LO Sign On Lexus Lx460 / FIRST Time Car User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.