Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

FIRST Time Car User - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FIRST Time Car User (2374 Views)

As A First Time Car Owner, Toyota Corolla 2010 Or Honda Civic 2011? / Top 50 Best Cars To Buy As A Nigerian First Time Car Buyer. / Help A First Time Car User Decide Between These Suvs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIRST Time Car User by rottenPussy: 7:43am On Sep 08, 2018
Hi Guys,

Please advise on a good cool car to buy for a first time car user between the range of 800 - and 1.4.

I wanted to buy Honda accord 2005 (EOD), but people are saying it is not good for a first time car user, what to do??
Re: FIRST Time Car User by Willexmania(m): 7:50am On Sep 08, 2018
FTC
Re: FIRST Time Car User by Willexmania(m): 7:50am On Sep 08, 2018
This Your moniker ehn @ op
Re: FIRST Time Car User by timifakay(m): 10:57am On Sep 08, 2018
Tokunboh or naija used?
Kia Rio
Hyundai Elantra
Toyota corolla
Toyota matrix
Pontiac vibe

Mainly between 2003 and 2009 production years
Re: FIRST Time Car User by rottenPussy: 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2018
Willexmania:
This Your moniker ehn @ op
don't mind me, lol grin
Re: FIRST Time Car User by rottenPussy: 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
timifakay:
Tokunboh or naija used?
Kia Rio
Hyundai Elantra
Toyota corolla
Toyota matrix
Pontiac vibe

Mainly between 2003 and 2009 production years
Tokunbo - Sayings have it that buying Nigeria used if not good for a first timer. Thinking of Toyota Camry (big daddy now).
Re: FIRST Time Car User by Thegamingorca(m): 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2018
rottenPussy:
Tokunbo - Sayings have it that buying Nigeria used if not good for a first timer. Thinking of Toyota Camry (big daddy now).

grin
Re: FIRST Time Car User by chibjohn(m): 2:59pm On Sep 08, 2018
rottenPussy:
Hi Guys,

Please advise on a good cool car to buy for a first time car user between the range of 800 - and 1.4.

I wanted to buy Honda accord 2005 (EOD), but people are saying it is not good for a first time car user, what to do??
I am using the same 2005 Honda accord as my first car and loving it. I couldn't have asked for a better car at the price I bought it. Don't mind those people that told you that its not good for a first car. The performance, AC and sound system of that car isn't comparable to that of Toyota of the same year.
Re: FIRST Time Car User by rottenPussy: 3:34pm On Sep 08, 2018
chibjohn:

I am using the same 2005 Honda accord as my first car and loving it. I couldn't have asked for a better car at the price I bought it. Don't mind those people that told you that its not good for a first car. The performance, AC and sound system of that car isn't comparable to that of Toyota of the same year.
Quite insight full. Did you buy yours as Nigeria used or Toks? And can you hint on the price so I can have an idea of what to expect.
Re: FIRST Time Car User by chibjohn(m): 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
rottenPussy:
Quite insight full. Did you buy yours as Nigeria used or Toks? And can you hint on the price so I can have an idea of what to expect.
It was used in naija for just 6 months before I bought it so its on tokumbo condition. I got it around 1mil.
Re: FIRST Time Car User by rottenPussy: 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
chibjohn:

It was used in naija for just 6 months before I bought it so its on tokumbo condition. I got it around 1mil.
I guess I will just stick to my option. Got an offer for straight tokunbo at 1.4m, still hoping to get something cheaper tho. Have you done any major repair since you bought the car?
Re: FIRST Time Car User by chibjohn(m): 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2018
I havent done any major repair on it. Its just periodic oil and filter change and few minor stuffs.
1.4 is a good price for the toks if its sound. Do a proper check on the car using a professional before paying. It most likely will be an accident car, most cars imported into naija are. Run a VIN check on it to know the maintenance history. Cosplay here can help with the accident pictures before it was shipped and repaired in naija
rottenPussy:
I guess I will just stick to my option. Got an offer for straight tokunbo at 1.4m, still hoping to get something cheaper tho. Have you done any major repair since you bought the car?
Re: FIRST Time Car User by CarGuideNG: 4:27pm On Sep 08, 2018
chibjohn:
Run a VIN check on it to know the maintenance history.

Very necessary Sir.

Contact CarGuideNG for your professional and accurate Comprehensive Vehicle History Reports / VIN Checks.

CARFAX

AutoCheck

History Report for vehicles from several EU Countries.

CarGuideNG Premium History Report (Innovative, features detailed history report with auction/airbag information, detailed vehicle pictures showing the damage prior to import with damage review, and more!)

Take advantage of our deep discounts for repeat clients and multiple reports!

Free Services:

-NMVTIS Report

-Flood Damage Verification

-Last Reported Mileage Verification

https:///send?phone=2347011116171

carguide.ng@gmail.com

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7580688_img20180816wa0006_jpeg57022917c7297baf70c5ec2f85b9d104

1 Like

Re: FIRST Time Car User by rottenPussy: 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2018
chibjohn:
I havent done any major repair on it. Its just periodic oil and filter change and few minor stuffs.
1.4 is a good price for the toks if its sound. Do a proper check on the car using a professional before paying. It most likely will be an accident car, most cars imported into naija are. Run a VIN check on it to know the maintenance history. Cosplay here can help with the accident pictures before it was shipped and repaired in naija
At bolded, surely! I will check a couple of them out soon.
Re: FIRST Time Car User by timifakay(m): 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2018
rottenPussy:

The engine in the camry is a 2.4l engine, which means higher fuel consumption than those I suggested.
Also, it's a big car, hope you know how to drive well already.
Re: FIRST Time Car User by rottenPussy: 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2018
timifakay:

The engine in the camry is a 2.4l engine, which means higher fuel consumption than those I suggested.
Oh, I taught fuel consumption is determined by whether it is a V4, V6, or V8. Are all Big daddy 2.4l? And by "Big Car" Do you mean it's large in size shocked ?
Re: FIRST Time Car User by timifakay(m): 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
rottenPussy:
Oh, I taught fuel consumption is determined by whether it is a V4, V6, or V8. Are all Big daddy 2.4l?

Most 4 cylinder cars are I4s and not V4s. The letter signifies the shape of the engine block.
Fuel consumption is dependent on a lot of things, starting from engine size

And by "Big Car" Do you mean it's large in size shocked ?

Yea, large in size.
Re: FIRST Time Car User by rottenPussy: 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
timifakay:

Most 4 cylinder cars are I4s and not V4s. The letter signifies the shape of the engine block.
Fuel consumption is dependent on a lot of things, starting from engine size

Yea, large in size.
I know it's quite large. Just concerned about the fuel issue now. What's your opinion about EOD 2005?
Re: FIRST Time Car User by Readonee35L(m): 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
timifakay:

As an automobile enthusiast you regard a modern k24 i4 as non economical. Na until you use 5liter drive lagos to ilorin abi. Smh angry

If anyone thinks Camry4cyl or accord 4cyl is not economical. They have no reason owning a car.

2 Likes

Re: FIRST Time Car User by timifakay(m): 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2018
Readonee35L:

As an automobile enthusiast you regard a modern k24 i4 as non economical. Na until you use 5liter drive lagos to ilorin abi. Smh angry

If anyone thinks Camry4cyl or accord 4cyl is not economical. They have no reason owning a car.

grin or less... Going green.

2 Likes

Re: FIRST Time Car User by timifakay(m): 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2018
rottenPussy:
I know it's quite large. Just concerned about the fuel issue now. What's your opinion about EOD 2005?

The fuel issue is nothing serious, just that smaller 1.6 and 1.8l engines consume lesser amount of fuel.

2005 Accord is a God car, about the same body size as camry of same year, the 4 cylinder engine is better, and ensure to change ball joints before they give way.
Overall, it's better than a Toyota Camry of the same year.
Re: FIRST Time Car User by thebigkendo(m): 6:43pm On Sep 08, 2018
Readonee35L:

You deserve some accolades!!!!
Re: FIRST Time Car User by Readonee35L(m): 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2018
timifakay:

grin or less... Going green.
No green vehicle will use 5l to cover 175miles.
Even an electric vehicle will use more than 70liter gasoline equivalent of electricity
Re: FIRST Time Car User by Readonee35L(m): 7:00pm On Sep 08, 2018
thebigkendo:

You deserve some accolades!!!!
You deserve more accolades smiley
Re: FIRST Time Car User by rottenPussy: 7:44pm On Sep 08, 2018
timifakay:

The fuel issue is nothing serious, just that smaller 1.6 and 1.8l engines consume lesser amount of fuel.

2005 Accord is a God car, about the same body size as camry of same year, the 4 cylinder engine is better, and ensure to change ball joints before they give way.
Overall, it's better than a Toyota Camry of the same year.
NOTED!

1 Like

Re: FIRST Time Car User by timifakay(m): 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2018
Readonee35L:

Even an electric vehicle will use more than 70liter gasoline equivalent of electricity

70liters for 175miles?

I've driven a petrol engine vehicle that used less than 70liters for 500km before. (Ibadan to Abuja)

That you haven't seen something being done doesn't mean it can't be done.
Re: FIRST Time Car User by Readonee35L(m): 8:19pm On Sep 08, 2018
timifakay:

70liters for 175miles?

I've driven a petrol engine vehicle that used less than 70liters for 500km before. (Ibadan to Abuja)

That you haven't seen something being done doesn't mean it can't be done.
You need to be patient and understand grammer properly.

I never said a gasoline engine cant achieve that. I said an electric vehicle will use energy the size of 70liter in gasoline measures.
Re: FIRST Time Car User by timifakay(m): 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2018
Readonee35L:

You need to be patient and understand grammer properly.

I never said a gasoline engine cant achieve that. I said an electric vehicle will use energy the size of 70liter in gasoline measures.

I totally got you, but I was telling you that fossil fuels which when burnt are less efficient to RE achieve MPG better than what you said.
Re: FIRST Time Car User by computerglobal(m): 12:19am On Sep 09, 2018
chibjohn:
Run a VIN check on it to know the maintenance history.

Knowing the history of a used car before you decide to buy one can save you a lot of money down the road. By ordering a vehicle history report (VHR), you can remove most of the guesswork to determine if a used car has been involved in accidents or had major repairs
Computerglobal provides comprehensive vehicle history report for any used and tokunbo vehicles

Contact us today

CARFAX
AUTOCHECK
NMVTIS
BVIP
EUROPEAN VEHICLE HISTORY
FLOOD CHECK & MORE...........

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

https:///send?phone=2348060365068

1 Share

Re: FIRST Time Car User by sultaan(m): 11:59pm On Sep 10, 2018
Readonee35L:

Toyota Prius is rated 50mpg which is 11 liters to cover 175 miles. A Chevy Bolt will do 230 miles on a single charge

2 Likes

Re: FIRST Time Car User by opomulero(m): 6:31am On Sep 11, 2018
Re: FIRST Time Car User by sultaan(m): 7:44am On Sep 11, 2018
rottenPussy:
Hi Guys,

Your best bet is a Honda Civic

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Unmatching Beauty Of MITSUBISHI PAJERO 2017 MODEL / I Need A Seven Seater Mini Bus(a.k.a Kowope Or Small Doctor) For Higher / Which Vehicle Should Go First?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.