Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image (4403 Views)

Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. / God Did "NOT" Create "ONLY" Adam But Many People - Obadiah777 Vs Goshen360 / The Purpose of Life (why were we created?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman(m): 1:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
and its true

Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by munmight(f): 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2013
You dn't know what you are saying. $ may the good GOD have mercy on you. Amen.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman(m): 3:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
munmight: You dn't know what you are saying. $ may the good GOD have mercy on you. Amen.

OH, I KNOW WHAT AM SAYING QUITE WELL.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by achinaboy(m): 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
confuse as hell undecided
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2013
achina boy: confuse as hell undecided

who?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by manmustwac(m): 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2013
what the poster said is simple straightforward common sense

1 Like

Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
Actually the meme up there says something that christians here have been saying for SO long... that it is demonstrably untrue that atheists believe in nothing... they DO believe in something. Now what it is they believe in is up for debate... the fact that the meme also states that "it does not take more faith to be an atheist" is a sly attempt to head off the burgeoning argument that atheists arent really any more reasonable... its funny how atheists mock the faith-based nature of religion while placing far more faith in the pseudo-scientific hubris that is their own explanation of the earth's creation.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 23, 2013
manmustwac: what the poster said is simple straightforward common sense

not if you take the time to think about it. Actually it portrays the nairaland atheists as confused. Only a few threads ago they were telling us that the definition of atheism is a lack of belief. The meme above says that it is NOT true that atheists dont "BELIEVE" anything. Now is that belief anchored in empirical evidence or is it just another form of blind faith in confused science?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 8:29pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

not if you take the time to think about it. Actually it portrays the nairaland atheists as confused. Only a few threads ago they were telling us that the definition of atheism is a lack of belief. The meme above says that it is NOT true that atheists dont "BELIEVE" anything. Now is that belief anchored in empirical evidence or is it just another form of blind faith in confused science?

You are confused. You need to learn more about what atheism really means. DONT BE SILLY. NOT BELIEVING IN A GOD DOES NOT MEAN NOT BELIEVING IN ANYTHING
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 8:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan: Actually the meme up there says something that christians here have been saying for SO long... that it is demonstrably untrue that atheists believe in nothing... they DO believe in something. Now what it is they believe in is up for debate... the fact that the meme also states that "it does not take more faith to be an atheist" is a sly attempt to head off the burgeoning argument that atheists arent really any more reasonable... its funny how atheists mock the faith-based nature of religion while placing far more faith in the pseudo-scientific hubris that is their own explanation of the earth's creation.

Oh davidylan, you never stop to advertise your lack of common sense. Just because you find it hard to drop your religious dogmas inculcated into you from childhood doesn't mean others will not drop it.

6 days creation makes perfect sense to u.?

I dont even know what you believe in, you never speak for any theory of first causes, you only bash available ideas.

Perhaps you are an empty barrel worth ignoring.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman4:

You are confused. You need to learn more about what atheism really means. DONT BE SILLY. NOT BELIEVING IN A GOD DOES NOT MEAN NOT BELIEVING IN ANYTHING

obviously it is your atheist brothers who are confused. They were the ones arguing that atheists dont believe in anything.

Lets not dwell in irrelevancies. So what exactly do atheists believe? Is that belief grounded in empirical FACTS or blind faith?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman4:

Oh davidylan, you never stop to advertise your lack of common sense. Just because you find it hard to drop your religious dogmas inculcated into you from childhood doesn't mean others will not drop it.

I dont even know what you believe in, you never speak for any theory of first causes, you only bash available ideas.

Does the big b.ang make more sense to you?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by chukkynwob(m): 8:37pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman4:

why do you enjoy insulting people? it beats my imagination.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

obviously it is your atheist brothers who are confused. They were the ones arguing that atheists dont believe in anything.

Lets not dwell in irrelevancies. So what exactly do atheists believe? Is that belief grounded in empirical FACTS or blind faith?

Atheism has always been grounded on empirical facts and religion on faith, do we have to go over that again?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman4:

Atheism has always been grounded on empirical facts and religion on faith, do we have to go over that again?

what are the empirical facts on the big b.ang?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 8:43pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

Does the big b.ang make more sense to you?

The big b.ang was postulated by a dumb xtian. Never really believe it. But uses it at times when forced to brink, since most creationist cosmologists believe its the perfect answer.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2013
chukkynwob:

why do you enjoy insulting people? it beats my imagination.

Now I get to ignore the big elephant back angry
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 8:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

I dont believe in the big ba.ng so much. Ok?

Too much from a man whom we dont know what he believes in angry
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by chukkynwob(m): 8:52pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman4:

Now I get to ignore the big elephant back angry

hahahahaha but you decided to seperate chemical evolution and abiogenesis naaa

you were ignoring the elephant in the room

sorry if the statement hurt you.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman4:

The big b.ang was postulated by a dumb xtian. Never really believe it. But uses it at times when forced to brink, since most creationist cosmologists believe its the perfect answer.

ok so the huge "evidence" that atheists cling to was actually postulated by a christian whom you now call "dumb"? since you dont believe in it? What exactly do you believe accounts for the creation of life as it exists?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman4:

I dont believe in the big ba.ng so much. Ok?

Too much from a man whom we dont know what he believes in angry

well, going by your own meme... the atheist BELIEVES in something. So what do you believe created the earth?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by wirinet(m): 8:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

the empirical fact is that the universe is inflating (expanding like an inflating balloon), so it is empirically reasonable to assume that the expansion must have started at a point in space and time.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
wirinet:

the empirical fact is that the universe is inflating (expanding like an inflating balloon), so it is empirically reasonable to assume that the expansion must have started at a point in space and time.

Ok it seems you dont even understand the terms you use so let me help you... Miriam Webster defines "empirical" as "relying on experience or observation alone often without due regard for system and theory <an empirical basis for the theory>"

Empirical evidence and an assumption is an oxymoron.

thanks but try again.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 9:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

well, going by your own meme... the atheist BELIEVES in something. So what do you believe created the earth?

hey davidylan, the universe is so vast to be summarized in one comment of nairaland thread. Nobody knows so much about the origin of the universe, but the little we know about it is enough to show that an intelligent being is not behind its origin.

just an analogy

Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman4:

hey davidylan, the universe is so vast to be summarized in one comment of nairaland thread. Nobody knows so much about the origin of the universe, but the little we know about it is enough to show that an intelligent being is not behind its origin.

just an analogy

did you understand the meaning of the term "empirical" or did it just fly over your head?

Before the galaxies started to "expand", how did they appear in the first place?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

did you understand the meaning of the term "empirical" or did it just fly over your head?

Before the galaxies started to "expand", how did they appear in the first place?

DONT JUST ASK QUESTIONS, GIVE LOGICAL REASONABLE ANSWERS.

[size=15pt]READ A UNIVERSE FROM NOTHING BY KRAUSS AND THEN WE CAN TALK.[/size]
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman4:

DONT JUST ASK QUESTIONS, GIVE LOGICAL REASONABLE ANSWERS.

[size=15pt]READ A UNIVERSE FROM NOTHING BY KRAUSS AND THEN WE CAN TALK.[/size]

rather than ask me to read from another of your white masters... is it too hard to ask that you provide us just some brief excerpts of the empirical evidence you claim exists for your own beliefs?
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by chukkynwob(m): 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2013
Ooman you have the right to not believe in God but saying science disproved God is simply ludicrous!!!!

I have basically followed your arguments and none is scientific in anyway,you even said that the difference between chemical evolution and abiogenesis is philosophical,when I probed further you gave me the F word.

i find this your attitude in negation to any civil discourse, but nevertheless consistent to modus operandi of MOST atheists on NL.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by ooman4: 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

rather than ask me to read from another of your white masters... is it too hard to ask that you provide us just some brief excerpts of the empirical evidence you claim exists for your own beliefs?

Do you have problem with reading?

Yes I believe my white masters's science because it offers logics and proofs unlike you who believe your illiterate white masters mysticism without logic or proves but inference and conclusion based on faith
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Enigma(m): 9:38pm On Feb 23, 2013
davidylan:

^^^ Look at your friend's image with the ballooons. One says 'as you blow the balloon, the galaxies move further apart'.

Meanwhile two gigantic elephants in the room:

1. someone is blowing the balloon; the balloon is not blowing itself and the galaxies are not moving further apart on their own

2. look at the size of the person blowing --- compared to the balloon he is blowing.

Those who will get this will get it. wink

1 Like

Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 23, 2013
chukkynwob: Ooman you have the right to not believe in God but saying science disproved God is simply ludicrous!!!!

I have basically followed your arguments and none is scientific in anyway,you even said that the difference between chemical evolution and abiogenesis is philosophical,when I probed further you gave me the F word.

i had to shake my head at that one.
Re: God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman4:

Do you have problem with reading?

Yes I believe my white masters's science because it offers logics and proofs unlike you who believe your illiterate white masters mysticism without logic or proves but inference and conclusion based on faith

but you are yet to provide this "logics" and "proofs" to support what you believe sparked our very existence. Why is that so difficult?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy / Spirit Coins: Become Filthy Rich & Wealthy [FREE] / God's Biblical Wonders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.