Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club (11072 Views)

Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / Dalung, Lalong And Others At WestAfrica Golf Tour Tee-off At IBB Intl Golf Club / Golf Club Van Plunged Into Lagos River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by yuzedo: 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2013
Moukafoam:

Ashawo kobo kobo angry
Sweerie, be nice.. i have money. wink
So wuz yo numba? kiss
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by lozanni(m): 2:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
Oloye and his ilk should take care o angry

Golf is life; 'a stroke a day will keep away a stroke'- NIFOR Benin City cheesy
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by Anvaller: 2:55pm On Feb 25, 2013
Cool it guys, Oloye got it all wrong. As far as I know, the law only prohibits movements within the city and gathering in public places during the period. This is just to encourage ppl to stay at home and clean up their properties. What anyone is doing privately in a private property is not an issue. I grew up in a G.R.A in Ibadan and as far as I can remember, we really did not use that period for cleaning as it was not necessary. We moved about from street to street within our neighborhood (tho only walking, not driving) without any harassment by any authority. I remember we used this sanitation period in our neighborhood for landlord meetings. It would have been a big time drama if one Oloye came to our compound and arrested all the landlords because they were having a kind of meeting and not cleaning their properties. We need to be more sane about how we define our laws and how we implement them. If the golf course is a confined private property without any over flow of activities, I don't think Oloye had any business harassing those ppl. I see it as mere oppression. My opinion!

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by JimmyBoy1: 3:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
the whole thing sounds primitive.
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by Balkan(m): 3:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
The Next thing you will see is shoprite springing up from there.
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by eaglechild: 3:48pm On Feb 25, 2013
Anvaller: Cool it guys, Oloye got it all wrong. As far as I know, the law only prohibits movements within the city and gathering in public places during the period. This is just to encourage ppl to stay at home and clean up their properties. What anyone is doing privately in a private property is not an issue. I grew up in a G.R.A in Ibadan and as far as I can remember, we really did not use that period for cleaning as it was not necessary. We moved about from street to street within our neighborhood (tho only walking, not driving) without any harassment by any authority. I remember we used this sanitation period in our neighborhood for landlord meetings. It would have been a big time drama if one Oloye came to our compound and arrested all the landlords because they were having a kind of meeting and not cleaning their properties. We need to be more sane about how we define our laws and how we implement them. If the golf course is a confined private property without any over flow of activities, I don't think Oloye had any business harassing those ppl. I see it as mere oppression. My opinion!
You really didnt make any point besides telling us that your father owns a house in Ibadan G.R.A.
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by tonididdy(m): 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
Korrection: A drama ensued today when the PS to oshiomhole Gen. Oloye stormed the benin golf club to close it down at about 2 p.m claiming they were playing golf during enviromental.. I smell politics with the Gov. trying to take over the club land with a statement that Major Oloye made and i quote.. This club house supposed to be temporary and not permanent.I ask is it wrong to take over the golf club which is the home of golf by Pa Enahoro??
anything my governor does is the best...i support his move.that golf club is useless,just a large piece of land for grooming snakes and diseases...even politicians dont go there(na their bigbelle dem wan take strike balls)na those guiness and cocacola retirees dey go there dey compete for 100k prices,sometimes dey even fight.i wont be suprised if oshiomole transforms it to a relaxation park...Edo is working..,#Edoboy4life
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by ayduamah: 4:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
Backwardness.wth do u have an environmental sanitation day for?can Edsg kindly contract state cleaning to private firms who will handleit all day everyday,do u know hod much the state at large loses to a 3hr business shut down?very illitrate and backward exercise
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by Korrection(m): 7:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
I play handicap 12 and the youngest nigeria pro was trained there.. Tiger woods started at the age of 6 so shut up cos u dnt know what u r saying
tonididdy: anything my governor does is the best...i support his move.that golf club is useless,just a large piece of land for grooming snakes and diseases...even politicians dont go there(na their bigbelle dem wan take strike balls)na those guiness and cocacola retirees dey go there dey compete for 100k prices,sometimes dey even fight.i wont be suprised if oshiomole transforms it to a relaxation park...Edo is working..,#Edoboy4life
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by OmoTier1(m): 8:10pm On Feb 25, 2013
mapet: @Omo_Tier1,

1. I don't know if it is plain ignorance of endemic Nairaland flu that you've caught.
2. I'm tempted to believe you don't even know how a club system operates or what is the rubbish arguement you're putting up here? comparing a church to a golf club is plain ridiculous. I wonder how I can even explain
3. Let me tell you some facts. The only reason Oloye could barge into Benin golf club is because the perimenter fence is barb-wired, hence you can see through. It is a private property and what goes on INSIDE the club is nobody's business.
4. Have you heard any governor's officer barge into Ikeja, Ikoyi, Dolphin, Abeokuta, Asaba, ShellClub in Warri, Ewekoro golf, IBB clubs and put them under lock and key because of environmental Sanitation exercises? Have anybody gone to Ibom, Ada, Nike lakes etc which are Hotels and Golf Clubs and put them under lock and key because it is environmental sanitation?
5. You practically lost me with your dumb "Igbo-trader" argument and there is no way you can comprehend the issues here......not worth it.

@BOLD, what sort of stupid reasoning is this? Does the sanitation law prevent private enterprise from not observing sanitation? You excuses are so lame to say the least! Instead of you to be ashamed that you are glorifying law breakers you are still here spewing rubbish.

Is Benin club bigger than Edo State? Why can't they observe the sanitation hours of just 6am to 10am? Is it too much of a ask? Some of you just care for your own myopic and self centered interest and barely think of the wider consequences. Those folks playing golf at the club don't they have homes to keep tidy? Big man my foot
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by Stallion84(m): 1:09am On Feb 26, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

@BOLD, what sort of stupid reasoning is this? Does the sanitation law prevent private enterprise from not observing sanitation? You excuses are so lame to say the least! Instead of you to be ashamed that you are glorifying law breakers you are still here spewing rubbish.

Is Benin club bigger than Edo State? Why can't they observe the sanitation hours of just 6am to 10am? Is it too much of a ask? Some of you just care for your own myopic and self centered interest and barely think of the wider consequences. Those folks playing golf at the club don't they have homes to keep tidy? Big man my foot
@Bold and Omo_Tier,
I work in the port of lagos and we have never stopped work for a minute because of the environmental issue. This goes for 90% (if not 100%)of the other industries in apapa. Private or public, work goes on and they don't shut down for no reason. Just like someone rightly said, the law prohibits human and vehicular movements so as to encourage the exercise. If the club does not interact with the public by shutting its gate within the stipulated time, i don't think there should be a reason for its closure.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by mapet: 7:54am On Feb 26, 2013
1. STFU retard
2. When was it ever in doubt or an argument that sporting activity supercedes a state? or whatever you meant.
3. So every issue that happened to you is the case of rich against the poor?
4. No wonder you're mentally poor....
~Bluetooth:

It's only on NL that everybody claims to be a big boy. . . . .how does a sporting activity supercedes a state ? Simple question and you started tripping about nonsense ! Fuckingmoron
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by mapet: 8:08am On Feb 26, 2013
Madam,

Real golfers know each other........

but I am also addicted to wgt.com
Moukafoam:

Boys! Enjoying how you guys have decided to ignor some nonetity here cheesy

Are you guys real golfers or you play internet golf? grin undecided

Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by mapet: 8:23am On Feb 26, 2013
@ Melahou,

1. I doubt your story and I think it's a blatant lie that Ikoyi club is shut because environmental sanitation. I doubt you're even a member of Ikoyi club else you'll not be posting false information
2. I am a member of Ikeja Golf Club (Benin Golf Club as well as Ibadan Golf clubs are sister clubs to us).
3. On environmental sanitation days we get into the club b4 7.00am. some of us are already "teeing" off by 6.20am.
4. NOBODY has ever come to harrass us in the club for not participating in environmental sanitation\
5. My office runs 24/7. some of us are on essential duties on weekends nobody has ever come to inquire why are we not participating in environmental sanitation
6. It is even more absurd that someone was asking that BGC should participate in cleaning of Osadebe avenue. Golf clubs as a private business have adminstrative staffs what work within (cleaners, managers, security etc), the internal and external environment of the club is maintained regularly.

Melahou:

what are you talking about here, so because its a private club or property, go to ikoyi club lagos and see if they dont observe sanitation.
whether the Govt have issues with them is another thing. But they violated law.
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by homerac7: 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2013
Moukafoam:

Boys! Enjoying how you guys have decided to ignor some nonetity here cheesy

Are you guys real golfers or you play internet golf? grin undecided

Bros, na for real o! "Jew-men"no go know the neighbouring clubs as Mapet did a roll-call of them. Then, its only true golfers that know that threat to close BGC na IGG (Initial Gra-Gra), when shove comes to push, Oshiomhole himself will run down to apologize at the club himself. FACT!!!

mapet: @ Melahou,

1. I doubt your story and I think it's a blatant lie that Ikoyi club is shut because environmental sanitation. I doubt you're even a member of Ikoyi club else you'll not be posting false information
2. I am a member of Ikeja Golf Club (Benin Golf Club as well as Ibadan Golf clubs are sister clubs to us).
3. On environmental sanitation days we get into the club b4 7.00am. some of us are already "teeing" off by 6.20am.
4. NOBODY has ever come to harrass us in the club for not participating in environmental sanitation\
5. My office runs 24/7. some of us are on essential duties on weekends nobody has ever come to inquire why are we not participating in environmental sanitation
6. It is even more absurd that someone was asking that BGC should participate in cleaning of Osadebe avenue. Golf clubs as a private business have adminstrative staffs what work within (cleaners, managers, security etc), the internal and external environment of the club is maintained regularly.

Why u dey waste time dey explain how the "system" runs to those who don't care to know? BTW, i hope to take u up on that challenge someday soon when i have the time. Cheers bro! cool cool cool cool
Re: Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club by seguno2: 3:37pm On Feb 26, 2013
When will the poor citizens wake up from our mugu sleep?
How can you pay someone to do a job and the person FORCES you to do the same job that you already paid for?
What is the LGAs for if they cannot keep public spaces clean and oblige people to stay indoors till 10am once a month i.e. 12 times in a year. Waste of productive hours!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Dankwambo Should Be The Preferred Candidate Of PDP / Busy Fayemi Pushes For Medical Castration As Punishment For Rape / Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.