Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,125 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. (23301 Views)

Pls Recomeng Affordable And Not Expendsive To Maintain Photocopy Machine For Me / The Cost Of Photocopy Machine / How Much Will Photocopy Mechine Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by kekakuz(m): 9:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
I needed to print my online materials so went to a cafe.the attendant told me a page is N50 and I need to print about 100 pages.to save money, I decided to photocopy my friends copy at N5 per page. the attendant used the same machine for printing to photocopy,same paper same ink. This situation is like that almost every where, why is printing more costlier than photocopy. Some even charge N60 if printed from the internet.
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by mavtrevor(m): 4:50am On Feb 24, 2013
While printing consumes ink, photocopy does not....
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by kekakuz(m): 1:35pm On Feb 24, 2013
mavtrevor: While printing consumes ink, photocopy does not....
big fat lie.its all the same.apart from those guys that mix water to ink to photocopy
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by moshoodn(m): 7:56am On Feb 25, 2013
Same amount of ink consumed...
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Maleeq(m): 9:13am On Feb 25, 2013
It bits me why they charge differently! The craziest is some charge differently for print jobs from a flash drive and those sourced from the internet!
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by oluwadare26(m): 9:16am On Feb 25, 2013
Go "Google" it...
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 25, 2013
kekakuz: I needed to print my online materials so went to a cafe.the attendant told me a page is N50 and I need to print about 100 pages.to save money, I decided to photocopy my friends copy at N5 per page. the attendant used the same machine for printing to photocopy,same paper same ink. This situation is like that almost every where, why is printing more costlier than photocopy. Some even charge N60 if printed from the internet.

1. Printing and photocopy does NOT use the same ink/toner, even when it's a Laserjet printer. You can compare the quality of both and then you'll notice the difference.
2. Some print with Inkjet Printer and of course the print cartridges is much more expensive than the toner used in Photocopiers.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by econome(m): 9:17am On Feb 25, 2013
...But why 9ice said PHOTOCOPY KO EASY?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by funshybam(m): 9:23am On Feb 25, 2013
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 25, 2013
@ op! Go and google the difference between ink and toner.
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Osama92(m): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2013
this na question sef......NEXT
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Exponental(m): 9:27am On Feb 25, 2013
In a simple language, I will
"printing is original n photocopy is not"...........compare both, there is quality difference (provided machines are in good form).
U can photocopy what has been printed but u cant printed what is photocopied.
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 25, 2013
Printing is cheaper than photocopy but most business owner lack the logic behind printing. Most cafe owner uses Desjek printer(black and colour ink printer) instead of Laser(toner-powder) becus printing directly from net may come with colour pages and cost more to replace the ink catridge. A photocopy toner is cheaper just as the laserjet toner printer. It cost 900naira to refile laser printer and photocopy machine toner and 2 to 3k to refile Desjek colour printer bt using laser printer for both printing and photocopy means the business owner just dnt knw the diffrence between these machine only interestd in disparity btw what soft and hard copy document.
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by onyengbu: 9:38am On Feb 25, 2013
I get where the op is going and also where some posters here are goin....

I OP's case, the cafe attendant photocopied with the same all-in-one printer(which uses ink) which also does the printing and not the regular copiers that use toners.

The attendant's pricing is quite strange cos ordinarily he/she shouldn't be photocopying large quantities with that all-in-one printer. Apart from the ink consumption, it overworks the machine cos it isnt built for massive photocopying.

All that said, if it were me, photocopying with all-in-one printer will cost the same as printing it THOUGH, 50 or 60 naira per page is outrageous in the part of country where I reside. One page of printing is maxed at 20 naira but it can even get cheaper.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 25, 2013
Dis na nonesense question nau@OP u nor dey even reason sef?
One na original while d other na fake
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by onyengbu: 9:43am On Feb 25, 2013
JudismphD: Printing is cheaper than photocopy but most business owner lack the logic behind printing. Most cafe owner uses Desjek printer(black and colour ink printer) instead of Laser(toner-powder) becus printing directly from net may come with colour pages and cost more to replace the ink catridge. A photocopy toner is cheaper just as the laserjet toner printer. It cost 900naira to refile laser printer and photocopy machine toner and 2 to 3k to refile Desjek colour printer bt using laser printer for both printing and photocopy means the business owner just dnt knw the diffrence between these machine only interestd in disparity btw what soft and hard copy document.

Are you talking about refil or completely changing the cartridge?

A refill pack for black ink is bw 300 - 400 naira and that of color is between 500-800 naira and depending on the frequency of your printing, these refills can last up to 5 months!
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by justineu(m): 9:50am On Feb 25, 2013
Go ask the cafe attender
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Beaf1: 9:55am On Feb 25, 2013
@Onye, you seems to know much about printers. Do u work in a business centre?

@Post
Printing/photocopying from an InkJet (all in one) printer will consume the same ink. The poster was very smart about the way he handled it. If the attendant had used a bigger copier instead that wouldn't have been a case.

Cheers
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Sibrah: 9:57am On Feb 25, 2013
The OP is 100 percent on point with this observation, printing and photocopy uses approximately the same volume of ink and same paper. Photocopy may consume slightly lesser ink or more ink depending on printer settings like quality and ink usage among other negligible factors. One major difference is the amount of power consumed, if the photocopier is such that it use laser beam to scan a copy of the original document and prints it immediately then it will consume more power (electricity) than when printing directly. However printing involves running full PC system for most small businesses while photocopying it is harder to produce a neat impression of your job - clarity.
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by executinal(m): 9:59am On Feb 25, 2013
Printing from Internet require Internet connection, so it should be more expensive.

Photocopy does not require Internet connection, so it should be more cheaper.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by kekakuz(m): 10:42am On Feb 25, 2013
executinal: Printing from Internet require Internet connection, so it should be more expensive.

Photocopy does not require Internet connection, so it should be more cheaper.
Dummy what if you were the one browsing and you just want to print a document on ur time.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by kekakuz(m): 10:44am On Feb 25, 2013
justineu: Go ask the cafe attender
Be vigilant. My friend and be concious of your environment
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by kekakuz(m): 10:46am On Feb 25, 2013
mikeyhernadez: Dis na nonesense question nau@OP u nor dey even reason sef?
Let me let you know something.original or fake. I can make a photocopy look clearer and finer than the original print out.it is you who glorify one from the other.
What makes a document original or fake is the stamp or signature.
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Morgan1092(m): 10:46am On Feb 25, 2013
Ask mama.com! Am sure she has d ans.
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by kekakuz(m): 10:47am On Feb 25, 2013
mikeyhernadez: Dis na nonesense question nau@OP u nor dey even reason sef?
Let me let you know something.original or fake. I can make a photocopy look clearer and finer than the original print out.it is you who glorify one from the other.
What makes a document original or fake is the stamp or signature.
Not the printing or photocopy
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by kekakuz(m): 10:49am On Feb 25, 2013
Exponental: In a simple language, I will
"printing is original n photocopy is not"...........compare both, there is quality difference (provided machines are in good form).
For your mind you don make sense.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by kekakuz(m): 10:56am On Feb 25, 2013
emmysenior: @ op! Go and google the difference between ink and toner.
O wise man. The op said the cafe attendant used same paper same printer same ink
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Temas: 11:07am On Feb 25, 2013
As a Trained Multifunction printer engineer, printing and copying consume same amount of toner for same coverage area.
Then why the quality difference?
this might be due to dirt on lens,glass or any irregularity regarding the scanning aspect of the copying.
the coy i worked for back then in nigeria uses kyocera machine . believe me if i print and make copy of same document i printed, you CAN'T distinguished between them.
regarding difference in price, sincerely i don't know . cos its not like that here in cyprus. price is same for both printing and copying but varies from on service provider to another

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by olumaxi(m): 11:56am On Feb 25, 2013
Now i realise dat nairaland is a nigerian site..c questions n answers o..OP,u shld av jst askd d guy u made ur printins n photocopies 4rm..
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 25, 2013
Exponental: In a simple language, I will

Now, how do you expect the OP to understand this your 'KINGS' english?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Share Your "I Can't Do Without" PC Softwares / Unlock Any Data Card Modem And Make It Useable On Any Network / Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.