Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,294 members, 7,867,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

Effects Of Technologies On Christendom. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Effects Of Technologies On Christendom. (477 Views)

Ogboni Clergy:What Is The Relationship Between Christendom And Confraternity / Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome / Why Is Polygamy Not Allowed In Christendom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Effects Of Technologies On Christendom. by SEEMESEEMEO(m): 10:18am On Feb 24, 2013
Has the invention of technologies,such as t.v's,radio's,satelite's,plane's,jets et.c done more good to christendom than harm? Pls share your views...
Re: Effects Of Technologies On Christendom. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 24, 2013
SEEMESEEMEO: Has the invention of technologies,such as t.v's,radio's,satelite's,plane's,jets et.c done more good to christendom than harm? Pls share your views...

Good afternoon Seeme,

I am of the opinion that technology and science have done a whole lot of good to our very 'small' world and indeed Christianity in particular. Some people tend to blame science and technology for some of the ills in our society today but I don't think this is appropriate.

In itself there is absolutely nothing wrong with the gadgets and means of transportation you mentioned above but like every other thing else, what makes something bad or good has a lot to do with the way we choose to use it.

Our actions and intents make some of their use wrong. For instance, if I choose to use an aircraft as a means of transport, this is a good use but if I choose to use the same aircraft as a means to carry out a suicide attack similar to 9/11 then that action is wrong even though having an aircraft in itself is not wrong.

Thank you!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When I Say I Am A Christian / Fraudster Steals N3.1m From Redeemed Church / N5m Largesse: Bishop Sacks Vicar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.