Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,618 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best (5281 Views)

UI Is At It Again: See The List Of Best Nigerian Universities According To NUC / Which Time Ui Is Going 2 Start Screening 4 Pgd / Ui Is Resuming On The 3rd Of Sept For New Student, How True Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by orelove4liff: 1:29pm On Feb 24, 2013
(1)40% of d current nigeria universities VCs had their 1st degree in UI (2)UI has d best economics and medicine dept in d country (3)d latest rankin of tertiary health institution by WHO shows dat UCH where ui medical students are trained is d best in west africa and d 3rd in all over africa (4)UI has over 350profs which makes it d largest in west africa while most nigeria unis hav none (5)abt 4profs can be lecturin u a course which makes it very difficult to bribe any1 for mark (6)UI has d highest numba of international students which includes students 4rm USA&Canada etc.d only disadvantage of ui is dat of d social life...very poor

3 Likes

Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Bolaji21(m): 1:46pm On Feb 24, 2013
orelove4liff: (1)40% of d current nigeria universities VCs had their 1st degree in UI (2)UI has d best economics and medicine dept in d country (3)d latest rankin of tertiary health institution by WHO shows dat UCH where ui medical students are trained is d best in west africa and d 3rd in all over africa (4)UI has over 350profs which makes it d largest in west africa while most nigeria unis hav none (5)abt 4profs can be lecturin u a course which makes it very difficult to bribe any1 for mark (6)UI has d highest numba of international students which includes students 4rm USA&Canada etc.d only disadvantage of ui is dat of d social life...very poor

And how does this affect d fact dat UI is living on past glory? Gradautes frm UI in d past few years are nothing to write home abt.

How does dis affect d fact dat they admit students who did runz to get high scores in WAEC and UTME, while they deny the true brilliant (not genius) admission.

Next thread pls!!!

1 Like

Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by orelove4liff: 2:09pm On Feb 24, 2013
Bolaji21:

And how does this affect d fact dat UI is living on past glory? Gradautes frm UI in d past few years are nothing to write home abt.

How does dis affect d fact dat they admit students who did runz to get high scores in WAEC and UTME, while they deny the true brilliant (not genius) admission.

Next thread pls!!!
u hav no idea of wot ui is all abt.ui graduates always show d stuff they are made of anywhere they are.ui admissn is d most fraud-free one in d country...if u hav d requirement,u are in without knwin anybody.u can neva manipulate anytin.score high in jamb and u'll be shortlisted
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Bolaji21(m): 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2013
orelove4liff: u hav no idea of wot ui is all abt.ui graduates always show d stuff they are made of anywhere they are.ui admissn is d most fraud-free one in d country...if u hav d requirement,u are in without knwin anybody.u can neva manipulate anytin.score high in jamb and u'll be shortlisted

And all those that score high in JAMB are d brilliant ones?
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by orelove4liff: 3:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
Bolaji21:

And all those that score high in JAMB are d brilliant ones?
are they not going to write post utme which comprises dsame subjects u wrote in jamb or wot are u talkin abt?
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Idacrux: 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2013
Ui is aint d only uni. dat has 350profs? Cum 2 d great den of d lions(UNN) where prof 'll be taking u very tough courses in ur field of study....guy UNN attracts and admit student morw than any other uni. In naija...proudly a student of the university of nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by orelove4liff: 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2013
Idacrux: Ui is aint d only uni. dat has 350profs? Cum 2 d great den of d lions(UNN) where prof 'll be taking u very tough courses in ur field of study....guy UNN attracts and admit student morw than any other uni. In naija...proudly a student of the university of nigeria.
it's gud to represent ur schl.no doubt abt d fact dat UNN is d best in eastern part of nigeria but i doubt if d numba of unn profs can be up to dat of its birthday mate which is oau nt to talk of UI

1 Like

Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by orelove4liff: 4:49pm On Feb 24, 2013
Idacrux: Ui is aint d only uni. dat has 350profs? Cum 2 d great den of d lions(UNN) where prof 'll be taking u very tough courses in ur field of study....guy UNN attracts and admit student morw than any other uni. In naija...proudly a student of the university of nigeria.
it's gud to represent ur schl.no doubt abt d fact dat UNN is d best schl in d east buh i doubt if d numba of profs in unn can be up to its birthday mates which are unilag and oau nt to talk of their fada "ui".dont u knw dat most of d 1st generatn of igbo profs attended ui if nt abroad?
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Tolexander: 8:24pm On Feb 24, 2013
orelove4liff: (1)40% of d current nigeria universities VCs had their 1st degree in UI
how did you gat your statistics? There seems to be over 110 universities in nigeria now. Better if you can mention at least 30 to prove yourself right.
orelove4liff: (2)UI has d best economics and medicine dept in d country
UI of recent have been underperfoming in every organised quiz in nigeria though they used to have the best medicine but economics, i don't know.
orelove4liff: (3)d latest rankin of tertiary health institution by WHO shows dat UCH where ui medical students are trained is d best in west africa and d 3rd in all over africa
that is the hospital ranking which may not properly and directly impart the students under learning in the teaching hospital.
orelove4liff: (4)UI has over 350profs which makes it d largest in west africa while most nigeria unis hav none
fallacy! Mention the nigerian university with no prof. Not even the V.C!
orelove4liff: (5)abt 4profs can be lecturin u a course which makes it very difficult to bribe any1 for mark
it happens also in oau and some schools like ABU and NSUKKA
orelove4liff: (6)UI has d highest numba of international students which includes students 4rm USA&Canada etc.
still agree with this cos of the courses they offer which other universities in nigeria doesn't like the foreign languages and the world standard zoo.
orelove4liff: d only disadvantage of ui is dat of d social life...very poor
still better than some schools in the south west.
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Idacrux: 7:37am On Feb 25, 2013
No,prof. Bartho okolo(UNN VC) bagged his first degree in microbiology from oau and not UI.
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 25, 2013
Please I want to know if UI is on the same level with john hopkins university UI is not even among the best I west africa in the world its ranked 6040 and in africa 36 when I see all these rubbish gibberish about nigerian unis I dey vex na only among una selfs una dey rank tufiakwa rubbish that bullshit of a school.
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Bolaji21(m): 11:37am On Feb 25, 2013
tensazangetsu: Please I want to know if UI is on the same level with john hopkins university UI is not even among the best I west africa in the world its ranked 6040 and in africa 36 when I see all these rubbish gibberish about nigerian unis I dey vex na only among una selfs una dey rank tufiakwa rubbish that bullshit of a school.

Who is dis dat wanna be comparing a uni dat's less dan 100yrs old to a sch dat's over 300yrs old!!!

No Nigerian uinversity can beat MIT, no, not in dis century at least.

And u dat u're talking, what do u graduated with in whatever sch u camne frm?

Some pple will just come here and be formin guru as if they're up to anything. . . . .*my_1kobo*
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Bolaji21(m): 11:43am On Feb 25, 2013
orelove4liff: it's gud to represent ur schl.no doubt abt d fact dat UNN is d best in eastern part of nigeria but i doubt if d numba of unn profs can be up to dat of its birthday mate which is oau nt to talk of UI

I still maintain my stand dat UI is living on past Glories. The number of UTME applicants they get per year provesd it. In 2011, around 60,000 applicants filled in for UI. In 2012, 40,000 applied and I can assure u dat the number is still gonna reduce this year while the number of applicants in some schools keep increasing. Ask urself why.

All the things u listed above are past tense. Who do u expect of a sch dat was founded in 1948. Some schs were founded just 20yrs ago and they're already competing with UI. *just saying*
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 25, 2013
am not talking as a unilorite, am talking as a Nigeria student. if we are to rank Nigerian universities based on their academic performance at present, I tell u, no one beat Unilorin.
Its not a matter of old professors or mediocre international students. its about how valuable ur students are in the labour market.
Mr. Bakare graduated with 2.1 in unilorin only for him to turn out the over all best student in UI amidst their first class students after his masters.
Just last year unilorin emerge winner amidst other African universities during a law and engineering competition.
Infact, I don't av time for counting.
If u are not a student of unilorin, pls get one as a friend !
University of ilorin............... Better by far.
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2013
Based on the lay down facts UI is still the Best anytime. Sentiment apart u know what I mean First and The Best.......

1 Like

Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Tobbie9(m): 3:22pm On Feb 25, 2013
Based on the performances of U.I in both local & international competitions I can safely say they no longer have the best college of medicine, even OOU med students dey flog them
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by phtemie(m): 3:40pm On Feb 25, 2013
Tobbie9: Based on the performances of U.I in both local & international competitions I can safely say they no longer have the best college of medicine, even OOU med students dey flog them
Haaa bros..it can't b as worse as dat nw....hw come OOU med go better U.I...u no even compare am with OAU,ilorin,unilag,unn and d rest na OOU u come metion....lol
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Idacrux: 6:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
abiodunalasa: am not talking as a unilorite, am talking as a Nigeria student. if we are to rank Nigerian universities based on their academic performance at present, I tell u, no one beat Unilorin.
Its not a matter of old professors or mediocre international students. its about how valuable ur students are in the labour market.
Mr. Bakare graduated with 2.1 in unilorin only for him to turn out the over all best student in UI amidst their first class students after his masters.
Just last year unilorin emerge winner amidst other African universities during a law and engineering competition.
@op keep mute if u don't know what to post here.unilorin my foot did i here say better by far? a unilorin engineering graduate that failed 2 write down d & prove the law of limits.first year course in mth 121.........abegi make we here word.
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Tobbie9(m): 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
phtemie:
Haaa bros..it can't b as worse as dat nw....hw come OOU med go better U.I...u no even compare am with OAU,ilorin,unilag,unn and d rest na OOU u come metion....lol
I'm not being sentimental it's a fact, what some people don't understand is that there's more to medical training than the teaching hospital
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Tolexander: 10:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
abiodunalasa: am not talking as a unilorite, am talking as a Nigeria student. if we are to rank Nigerian universities based on their academic performance at present, I tell u, no one beat Unilorin.
what about our own MUSIWA, an electricity engineer graduate of unilorin.
The guy dey represent wella!
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by ishowdotgmail(m): 12:35am On Feb 26, 2013
Bolaji21:

I still maintain my stand dat UI is living on past Glories. The number of UTME applicants they get per year provesd it. In 2011, around 60,000 applicants filled in for UI. In 2012, 40,000 applied and I can assure u dat the number is still gonna reduce this year while the number of applicants in some schools keep increasing. Ask urself why.

All the things u listed above are past tense. Who do u expect of a sch dat was founded in 1948. Some schs were founded just 20yrs ago and they're already competing with UI. *just saying*
guy u r jus yawning dust,wat concern us wit a past glory,pple lik u kip on hating coz u r denied of admssion
as for me dy stil retain dat logo 'first and the best'
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Husteen(m): 5:45am On Feb 26, 2013
#FACT#
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by phtemie(m): 6:46am On Feb 26, 2013
Tobbie9: I'm not being sentimental it's a fact, what some people don't understand is that there's more to medical training than the teaching hospital
Lol..okay o..
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Idacrux: 7:14am On Feb 26, 2013
Naija university is nothing but failure to dis generation.OK, tell me hw many naija versity's was among d first 10 in africa let alone first 1000 in d world.....u're here breaking bottles abt i'm unilorite. no is ui,is a lie mine is oau,nooo mine is maulag BULLSHIT pple.
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by ayodeji752: 8:59am On Feb 26, 2013
Bolaji21:

do u nid a prophet to tel u dat most students are afraid of d name "university of ibadan"?most students told me they cant apply to ui because they heard d schl was very strict wit alot of saddist profs.some even told me dat ui is for extra ordinary brillant students and i needed to tel dem it wasnt lik dat so most students hav phobia for ui

1 Like

Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by ayodeji752: 9:05am On Feb 26, 2013
unilorin my foot! D fact stil remains dat d best brains in nigeria international secondary schls would firstly think of ui,oau,unn,unilag and maybe uniben b4 considerin unilorin.hav u 4gotten dat d best engineerin student in africa and 3rd in d world in d year 2010 was 4rm ui?do u want to compare any engineerin in unilorin wit dat of ui,oau,futa and unilag?write sumtin more sensible
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by ayodeji752: 9:10am On Feb 26, 2013
Tobbie9: Based on the performances of U.I in both local & international competitions I can safely say they no longer have the best college of medicine, even OOU med students dey flog them
which competition?ui has d best medicine dept in naija and ui medical students no de carry last cos ui stil attracts d best brains in nigeria
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by ayodeji752: 9:13am On Feb 26, 2013
senseless post
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by ayodeji752: 9:22am On Feb 26, 2013
Tobbie9: I'm not being sentimental it's a fact, what some people don't understand is that there's more to medical training than the teaching hospital
wot else do u want ui to hav after possessin d lecturer of lecturers and d best teachin hospital in d country?am sure unilorin medicine graduates havnt seen most of d equipments in uch ibadan and dats y uch is always d last destinatn for any form of incurable sicknez in nigeria.any sickness dat cant be cure in any hospital in nigeria is always reffered to uch,and after uch,it's german,usa,indian or chinan hospital
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by Bolaji21(m): 10:15am On Feb 26, 2013
ishowdot@gmail.:

guy u r jus yawning dust,wat concern us wit a past glory,pple lik u kip on hating coz u r denied of admssion
as for me dy stil retain dat logo 'first and the best'
hating *laughs in sudanese* UI is nothing worthwhile to me. UI "was" the best, and not the best. BTW, what am I even arguing for?

Even if UI is d world best, what does it change?

Abeg, nxt thread pls!!!
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by teadrake(m): 9:44am On Feb 27, 2013
@All,In my own terminology,i think the premier university is still very much active though not all ramificatn,they're known reputation is what i consider as d only leverage they have bt not all fields.@Dude at berated O.o.u,I think u should be fair in dispensing such unproven theory of urs.You cant possibly get the best out of everybody.shalom everyone!
Re: Some Of D Reasons Why UI Is Truly D 1st&d Best by dlight1(m): 2:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
orelove4liff: (1)40% of d current nigeria universities VCs had their 1st degree in UI (2)UI has d best economics and medicine dept in d country (3)d latest rankin of tertiary health institution by WHO shows dat UCH where ui medical students are trained is d best in west africa and d 3rd in all over africa (4)UI has over 350profs which makes it d largest in west africa while most nigeria unis hav none (5)abt 4profs can be lecturin u a course which makes it very difficult to bribe any1 for mark (6)UI has d highest numba of international students which includes students 4rm USA&Canada etc.d only disadvantage of ui is dat of d social life...very poor
I quite agree with you as regards medicine because the best teaching hospital but having 350 professors is no point to consider them the best. Things are quite easier in U.I compared to OAU and so the conferment of the title of Professor on lecturers is quite cheaper. Quite a lot of doctors in OAU who could have qualified for professor in U.I.

(1) (Reply)

As Cheap As Studying In Nigeria, But Better And Well Equipped Universities / Agbami Special Medical And Engineering Professional Scholarship / 2013/2014 Jamb Result Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.