Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Should I Continue With My Job And Keep On Failing ICAN? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Continue With My Job And Keep On Failing ICAN? (938 Views)

School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / Should I Migrate To Canada Or Continue With My Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Continue With My Job And Keep On Failing ICAN? by unanghope: 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2013
I started ICAN EXAM YEAR 2010.. During that period i had no job i was a full time ICAN STUDENT.. I wrote my FOUNDATION and I cleared all the 3 courses.. The nxt diet i wrote intermediate i also cleared all the 4 papers after dat exam In the year 2011 i got a job. Now, i hv no time 2 read. closed frm work 6pm some times 7.30pm depending on d workload.. I do go 2 work on saturday.. My salary per mouth is jst 45k.. Now, the problem is that since whn i started dis job am unable 2 pass jst one course in pe1 4 good three diets nw.. Please i need ur advice.. Should i resign frm d job and continue with ICAN?
Re: Should I Continue With My Job And Keep On Failing ICAN? by Mohjyh(f): 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2013
unanghope: I started ICAN EXAM YEAR 2010.. During that period i had no job i was a full time ICAN STUDENT.. I wrote my FOUNDATION and I cleared all the 3 courses.. The nxt diet i wrote intermediate i also cleared all the 4 papers after dat exam In the year 2011 i got a job. Now, i hv no time 2 read. closed frm work 6pm some times 7.30pm depending on d workload.. I do go 2 work on saturday.. My salary per mouth is jst 45k.. Now, the problem is that since whn i started dis job am unable 2 pass jst one course in pe1 4 good three diets nw.. Please i need ur advice.. Should i resign frm d job and continue with ICAN?

that actually depends on a number of factors such as are you married or single, if married do u have kids, if single do u have anyone depending on u for support, you cant just quit a job if ur answer to thesw questions is YES.. Even if the pay is just 45K.

But if NO, u need to consider what options are available for you as a chatered accountant. If you have bigger and better opportunities as a chatered acct, then quiting might be ur best option. Email me for further discussion.
Re: Should I Continue With My Job And Keep On Failing ICAN? by Topsitall: 7:58pm On Feb 24, 2013
getting chartered will enhance your career,if you have other means of sustaining your self then consider quitting the job.
Re: Should I Continue With My Job And Keep On Failing ICAN? by unanghope: 8:23pm On Feb 24, 2013
Mohjyh:

that actually depends on a number of factors such as are you married or single, if married do u have kids, if single do u have anyone depending on u for support, you cant just quit a job if ur answer to thesw questions is YES.. Even if the pay is just 45K.

But if NO, u need to consider what options are available for you as a chatered accountant. If you have bigger and better opportunities as a chatered acct, then quiting might be ur best option. Email me for further discussion.
,.yes! Am still single..
Re: Should I Continue With My Job And Keep On Failing ICAN? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 24, 2013
unanghope: ,.yes! Am still single..
Then what are you waiting for? Resign and face ICAN. You can be tied down with a 45k job forever. I'm sure you are already contemplating it but came here so that you can get the needed push and morale to resign. Oya you have our blessing - resign smiley
Assumption: I'm assuming you are single and still dependent on parents/guardian for upkeep.
Re: Should I Continue With My Job And Keep On Failing ICAN? by Mohjyh(f): 3:13am On Feb 25, 2013
unanghope: ,.yes! Am still single..

Ok. There are some things to consider for you to resign for instance like how woud you get enough finance to replace what your salary monthly till you finish your ican and get a better paying job. You need to consider this as you might be past the age of collecting money from home. If you are considering what else to do, send me a message, I can put u thru things to do to make money while you complete ur Ican.

(1) (Reply)

Ifrs / Lesson Of The Day : No Matter How Jobless U Are ; You Shouldn't Be Doing This / I Need Help With Dragnet Past Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.