Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,640 members, 7,851,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:06 PM

God Told Me To Go': Pope Speaks To Emotional Crowd Of 100,000 Gathered - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Told Me To Go': Pope Speaks To Emotional Crowd Of 100,000 Gathered (471 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / How Do You Know When God Speaks To You / A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1)

God Told Me To Go': Pope Speaks To Emotional Crowd Of 100,000 Gathered by roccio(m): 6:36pm On Feb 24, 2013
In an emotional goodbye to 100,000 supporters, the Pope revealed that he is stepping aside because God told him to.

In a voice raw with emotion, Benedict XVI told tens of thousands of pilgrims in St Peter's Square that he was resigning because God had called on him to devote himself to prayer. He said God had told him 'to climb the mountain'. See Images Below

Pilgrims filled the piazza to witness a historical moment and thank the Pope for his eight year Pontificate at the Angelus Prayer, his penultimate public appearance as the Pontiff.

Despite recently looking tired and frail, today he spoke in a clear, strong voice, repeatedly thanking the faithful for their closeness and affection as they interrupted him, again and again, with applause and cheers. Police estimated some 100,000 people turned out.

Benedict insisted he was 'not abandoning the church.' Instead, speaking in Italian, he said he'll serve the church with the same dedication he has until now, but will do so 'in a way more suitable to my age and my
strength'.
http://tundeola..com/2013/02/god-told-me-to-go-pope-speaks-to.html

Re: God Told Me To Go': Pope Speaks To Emotional Crowd Of 100,000 Gathered by semid4lyfe(m): 6:54pm On Feb 24, 2013

(1)

Prayer Warriors In Their Youth Days Now Apostate / Is It Possible That The Devil Has Already Made Peace With God And We Dont Know? / Papacy Greater Than Presidency?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.