Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

What Happened To Those Who Mocked God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happened To Those Who Mocked God (1360 Views)

Famous People Who Mocked God & What Happened To Them! A Must Read / Examples Of What Happened When Famous People Challenged And Mocked God / Beware: Men Who Mocked God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by Madawaki01(m): 1:15pm On Feb 25, 2013
Hav u ever think of mocking God?
U mustn't..
This are things that happened to those who mocked God
TRUE DOCUMENTED
STORY
WHO mocked God :
John Lennon (Singer):
Some years before,
during his interview with
an
American Magazine, he
said:
'Christianity will end, it will
disappear.
I do not have to argue
about
that.. I am certain.
Jesus was ok, but his
subjects were too simple,
today we are more
famous than Him' (1966).
Lennon, after saying that
the Beatles were more
famous than Jesus Christ,
was shot six times.
Tancredo Neves (President
of Brazil ):
During the Presidential
campaign, he said if he
got
500,000 votes from his
party, not even God
would
remove him from
Presidency.
Sure he got the votes, but
he got sick a day before
being made President,
then he died.
Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian
composer, singer and
poet):
During A show in Canecio
( Rio de Janeiro ),
while smoking his
cigarette, he puffed out
some
smoke into the air and
said:'God, that's for you.'
He died at the age of 32 of
LUNG CANCER in a
horrible manner.
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by Madawaki01(m): 1:17pm On Feb 25, 2013
The man who built the
Titanic
After the construction of
Titanic, a reporter asked
him how safe the Titanic
would be.
With an ironic tone he
said:
'Not even God can sink it'
The result: I think you all
know what happened to
the Titanic
Marilyn Monroe (Actress)
She was visited by Billy
Graham during a
presentation of a show.
He said the Spirit of God
had sent him to preach to
her.
After hearing what the
Preacher had to say, she
said:
'I don't need your Jesus'.
A week later, she was
found dead in her
apartment
Bon Scott (Singer)
The ex-vocalist of the AC/
DC. On one of his 1979
songs he sang:
'Don't stop me; I'm going
down all the way, down
the highway to hell'.
On the 19th of February
1980, Bon Scott was
found
dead, he had been choked
by his own vomit.
Campinas (IN 2005)
In Campinas , Brazil a
group of friends, drunk,
went to pick up a
friend.....
The mother accompanied
her to the car and was so
worried about the
drunkenness of her
friends and
she said to the daughter
holding her hand, who
was already seated in the
car:
'My Daughter, Go With
God And May He Protect
You.'
She responded: 'Only If He
(God) Travels In The
Trunk, Cause Inside
Here.....It's Already Full '
Hours later, news came
by that they had been
involved in a fatal accident,
everyone had died,
the car could not be
recognized what type of
car it
had been, but
surprisingly, the trunk
was intact.
The police said there was
no way the trunk could
have remained intact. To
their surprise, inside the
trunk was a crate of eggs,
none was broken
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by Madawaki01(m): 1:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
And who said there's No GOD
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
Madawaki01: And who said there's No GOD

Richard Dawkins said so...he is still alive walking the streets,bragging about it and even confronting clergy men and religious people to prove him otherwise.
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by akorlade(m): 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2013
^^^
Who be richard dawkins. Is he a musician or magician
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by Areaboy2(m): 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2013
Ermmm.. one question, which god is responsible for punishing these people?
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by ooman4: 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
Area_boy: Ermmm.. one question, which god is responsible for punishing these people?

dont ask twice, have you not read the bible, how the xtian god committed multiple genocide and racism and rap.e and misjudgment.

the xtian and the muslim god are two cruel satanists, only lucifer can defeat them.
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by Areaboy2(m): 3:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
ooman4:

dont ask twice, have you not read the bible, how the xtian god committed multiple genocide and racism and rap.e and misjudgment.

the xtian and the muslim god are two cruel satanists, only lucifer can defeat them.

LOL!! indeed.. when one thinks of a vengeful, genocidal, misogynistic dictator god, Yaweh comes to mind first.. not surprising since he is the god of war tongue

That hombre is a badass grin grin grin
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by GooseBaba: 8:37pm On Feb 25, 2013
LMAO!!' Op you funny no be small... How every bad thing that happens to people who disagree with your god is purnishment from your god. But when the same fate befalls those that worship your god it's either they were not true to him or he giveth and taketh or he knows best or no one can question him. But you always get one direct answer for non-believers... Na wa oo!
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by Kay17: 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
I like Cazuza, he is a very good musician
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by dekung(m): 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
@OP,
Do you know that the man who wrote the hymn 'it is well with my soul', Horatio Spafford, lost all his four children in a tempest. He was a christian and a friend to the famous D.L. Moody. So for your information, not only those who mock you God face his wrath, even those who praise are not immune to his blood thirsty ways.

Truth is I took a turn from Christianity to Atheism after I read this story in one of these daily devotionals, my question then was 'How come this God never shows up to help anyone, even those truly devoted to HIM/HER/IT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horatio_Spafford
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Is_Well_with_My_Soul
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by clean2: 8:29am On Feb 26, 2013
all these abnormal people who after eating and shitting dirty smelly shit and then looks at themselves with so much pride and feel they can challenge God should beware that maggots food like them will be severely punished when their time is due.its sure but a short time.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by GooseBaba: 2:59pm On Feb 26, 2013
clean2: all these abnormal people who after eating and shitting dirty smelly shit and then looks at themselves with so much pride and feel they can challenge God should beware that maggots food like them will be severely punished when their time is due.its sure but a short time.

Guy you get wahala oo...so your shi.t no dey smell..abi you dey chop iron shi.t bone? Check your self...you sef be maggot food....hehehehe...
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by Madawaki01(m): 11:44pm On Feb 26, 2013
Stupid guys dey form atheists here.....buh in real life..they dare not..y dnt u go to a radio station nd start to do wat ur bleeping hawkins did nd see wat wil befall u
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by GooseBaba: 4:04am On Feb 27, 2013
Madawaki01: Stupid guys dey form atheists here.....buh in real life..they dare not..y dnt u go to a radio station nd start to do wat ur bleeping hawkins did nd see wat wil befall u

Simpleton!!!
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by Nobody: 6:05am On Feb 27, 2013
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by Heatblast(m): 4:09pm On Feb 27, 2013
Madawaki01: Stupid guys dey form atheists here.....buh in real life..they dare not..y dnt u go to a radio station nd start to do wat ur bleeping hawkins did nd see wat wil befall u

Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2013
dekung: @OP,
Do you know that the man who wrote the hymn 'it is well with my soul', Horatio Spafford, lost all his four children in a tempest. He was a christian and a friend to the famous D.L. Moody. So for your information, not only those who mock you God face his wrath, even those who praise are not immune to his blood thirsty ways.

Truth is I took a turn from Christianity to Atheism after I read this story in one of these daily devotionals, my question then was 'How come this God never shows up to help anyone, even those truly devoted to HIM/HER/IT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horatio_Spafford
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Is_Well_with_My_Soul

How do you suppose with your limited wisdom, you can understand why how when things happened? Fact is, you chose atheism because you'v always wanted it.
A christian is Christ-like. Were you Christ like before you chose atheism? If the answer is no, then I believe its rather inappropriate to have claimed being a Christian.
You choose to believe every thing ,including you, came to being without a design?
Well everyman has a right to choose what he wants....
And why did you anchore the blame on the so called Christian God?
I lo<3e that song-"It is well". Heck I can even play the solfa tonics..
Or is it that,being an Atheist is more convinient and easier to you?
My friend, there is a God, He is real........ He loves and created all and I sure do lo<3e to Worship Him.....
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by Delafruita(m): 5:52pm On Feb 27, 2013
brosss:

How do you suppose with your limited wisdom, you can understand why how when things happened? Fact is, you chose atheism because you'v always wanted it.
A christian is Christ-like. Were you Christ like before you chose atheism? If the answer is no, then I believe its rather inappropriate to have claimed being a Christian.
You choose to believe every thing ,including you, came to being without a design?
My friend, there is a God, He is real........ He loves and created all and I sure do lo<3e to Worship Him.....
are you christlike?if yes,pray you get knocked down by a car so you can join him to sing kumbaya to jehovah
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by dekung(m): 8:07pm On Feb 27, 2013
brosss:

Thanks for the compliment, I know I have limited wisdom but it was enough for me to know that the Jewish God that you worship has Temper problems(that is if he exists). Now when he throws his temper tantrums no one is immune, even five-year-olds do not throw as much tantrums as this your God.
And as for you Oh wisdomful brosss, tell us why God had to allow Horatio's Four daughters die in one fell swoop.
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 07, 2013
Delafruita:
are you christlike?if yes,pray you get knocked down by a car so you can join him to sing kumbaya to jehovah

Honestly, it was a colossal task having to reply your juvinile post. But to lay matters to rest, what's the moral of advising some persons to jump in front of a moving vehichle? All because you have difficulties correlating to their system of belief. Anyways, its not gonna happen. I think I rather relate logics with people who are matured enough for reasoning...
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
dekung:
Thanks for the compliment, I know I have limited wisdom but it was enough for me to know that the Jewish God that you worship has Temper problems(that is if he exists). Now when he throws his temper tantrums no one is immune, even five-year-olds do not throw as much tantrums as this your God.
And as for you Oh wisdomful brosss, tell us why God had to allow Horatio's Four daughters die in one fell swoop.

I percieve that you are offended by my statement-limited wisdom. However true it is, I honestly didn't intend to strike an already strained tendon. I only meant to explain that we as humans are not epitoms of knowledge, at least not by ourselves. I am afraid I can't tell you why those kids died, at least not until you explain, or proove( I believe that's the word) that God killed them. Also I am sure ( and stand to be corrected) that all knowledge you gathered from the matter at hand, trickled down from written materials or some form of documented materials. And for the anger, yes, God gets angry I will be factual, but His mercies is far greater.. One comparism always used in the scriptures(that's the Bible) is : His anger is for a while but his mercies endures for ever) every single person who sincerely seeks His mercies always find sanctuary from his anger. This is a far inconguity from what you call anger trautrums. I suppose from trautrums you mean uncontrolled anger based on no reasons. His anger usually has reasons,and He always provides an escape and good time to plead for mercy.
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by dekung(m): 11:19pm On Mar 07, 2013
brosss:

I percieve that you are offended by my statement-limited wisdom. However true it is, I honestly didn't intend to strike an already strained tendon. I only meant to explain that we as humans are not epitoms of knowledge, at least not by ourselves. I am afraid I can't tell you why those kids died, at least not until you explain, or proove( I believe that's the word) that God killed them. Also I am sure ( and stand to be corrected) that all knowledge you gathered from the matter at hand, trickled down from written materials or some form of documented materials. And for the anger, yes, God gets angry I will be factual, but His mercies is far greater.. One comparism always used in the scriptures(that's the Bible) is : His anger is for a while but his mercies endures for ever) every single person who sincerely seeks His mercies always find sanctuary from his anger. This is a far inconguity from what you call anger trautrums. I suppose from trautrums you mean uncontrolled anger based on no reasons. His anger usually has reasons,and He always provides an escape and good time to plead for mercy.
Me angry? You will need to be a real douche bag to make me angry and only one person on this forum has that honour because he is so stewpid, he deserve a golden globe award for stewpidity. Now back to your god. I dont believe he exists, at least not in the sense that you guys go about him, her or it. Saying he throws temper tantrums is just to make some fun out of the God idea. What I was trying to say wether you worship or follow, you are exposed to all theills that any average man is exposed to. Horatio's daughters xied because they were caught in a violent tempest on the high seas. These things are natural occurencies and they are not caused by any god, be it Posiedon or Yahweh. Neither of them exist so why would I attribute tempests to them. I also cannot blame an Iimaginary entity for the problems of this world, I only tell apologists that if their God trully exists why did he do his job as a God ans save those who are innocent victims. If God exists and he is as powerful and loving as you people claim, why cant he save victims of rape? Dont you tell me zome brought it on themselves because I have heard stories of people raping two year old, five year olds etc.
You claim your God gets angry. Do you know it is impossible for an omniscient being to get angry? Why? People get angry when someone does something they dont like unexpectedly. If know that tommorow my four year old boy would loose my car key and I have the power to control events, all I have to do is take the key away from where he would have access or better still allow him to misplace the key and go look for it. Now if I know he would misplace the key, I keep the key where he would have access, he misplaces it, I get angry and I punish him severely, does that make me a good father?
Re: What Happened To Those Who Mocked God by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 08, 2013
dekung:
Saying he throws temper tantrums is just to make some fun out of the God idea. What I was trying to say wether you worship or follow, you are exposed to all theills that any average man is exposed to. Horatio's daughters xied because they were caught in a violent tempest on the high seas. These things are natural occurencies and they are not caused by any god, be it Posiedon or Yahweh. Neither of them exist so why would I attribute tempests to them. I also cannot blame an Iimaginary entity for the problems of this world, I only tell apologists that if their God trully exists why did he do his job as a God ans save those who are innocent victims. If God exists and he is as powerful and loving as you people claim, why cant he save victims of rape? Dont you tell me zome brought it on themselves because I have heard stories of people raping two year old, five year olds etc.
You claim your God gets angry. Do you know it is impossible for an omniscient being to get angry? Why? People get angry when someone does something they dont like unexpectedly. If know that tommorow my four year old boy would loose my car key and I have the power to control events, all I have to do is take the key away from where he would have access or better still allow him to misplace the key and go look for it. Now if I know he would misplace the key, I keep the key where he would have access, he misplaces it, I get angry and I punish him severely, does that make me a good father?

Its a delight to know I am not been percieved as a douche bag(brings to mind kanye's song-raise a toast to the douche bag)
I must say your arguement is quite logical. I'ld like to take on your closing point first. I might quickly say, taking those keys away from your 4 years old might mean cutting short his childhood experience, but I'ld rather tell you the characteristics of My God on issues likt these.fact is, my God clearly stated that He is a God that permits free will, He prodds you to do right, such that it benefits you. He however doesn't force you. Truth is, its at most times very difficult comprehending His ways especially with minds as flawed as man's.
Omniscient is actually being all knowing. It actually doesn't mean been devoid of anger. Let's visit the case of your 4yrs old. You lo<3e this guy as is expected, and in one of your heart to heart chats, you promised him, "son, I allow you be who you want to be, I will never force you decisions or bend you to ultimately follow my decisions except if at anytime you let(permit) me." And on this day you knew he'll fiddle with your keys, but true to your promise,you watch him take the decision he chooses. You'll definitely be angry that he chose a wrong decision even when you knew all along.
Touching the delicate matter of His existience, Oh, He really does exist. Why,you ask, its all really around us. Seee, as a kid I got really facinated by the cosmic,constellations and all. I read varociously any material that had anything to offer on them. In no time, I understood that earth was in an approximate distance that helped balance the forces of attractions and repulsions between it, the sun and other planetry bodies. I knew intantly that, this had to be planned and designed( I am an engineer by profession). Now, comming to the delicate issue of our world's formation, the much acclaimed bigbang/soup theory really holds no water. As we have all come to accept. Otherwise, by now, and even from carbondated remains, we ought to have evolved from what we currently are.
Thing is, Science has a system that works with facts and experiments(I percieve you are a person of science by your logics). But God works more on a system of Belief and faith, He can't be prooved by science as that would mean Him been subjected to primitive tests and experiments. For one to get the proofs he/she seeks, such person. must work and test with a belief system.
Thus been unable to explain factually the world and its formations, science chose a big bang theory. I and you know no known specie can survive such high powered supernova explosions. SomeBeing had to have planned these, set rules like gravity,floatations,densities. And that supremebeing is whom I call My God.

(1) (Reply)

Disaster / Real Life Testimony: Hell Is A Paradise / Please,who Knows Bishop Solomon Koleayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.