Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead (33388 Views)

Mermaid Found Dead By Beach Side In Lagos(photo) / OLUWATOYIN AKANBI Is Missing - Please Help / Wale Akanbi Eviction From Gulder Ultimate Search (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by admiralmorrati: 11:50am On Feb 26, 2013
R.I.P brother ... It is well[color=#006600][/color] [quote][/quote]
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by Lilimax(f): 11:55am On Feb 26, 2013
This is a very sad news. It is nothing but household wickedness at work. They did not kill him when he was looking for job rather they waited and killed him when he has gotten a job and everything seems to be working. It shall never be well with them. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by CHANNELE: 11:56am On Feb 26, 2013
He was my age. So sad. May God comfort his widow and his dear son. Amen
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by FindOut(m): 12:01pm On Feb 26, 2013
May Almighty God grant his loved ones the fortitude to bear the loss. Its so sad.

This could very well have been a robbery. Likely Target: His TOYOTA Highlander possibly. & Its possible he was robbed around the Oko-Oba vicinity & then driven to Ifo, maybe the thieves kept him in d car in case of immobilizers & stuffs like that & maybe for whatever reason, they decided to snuff life out of him.

May God continue to protect us everywhere we go, BUT, until the security situation in d country improves, please, if you are the type who leaves home for work very early in the morning or leaves work late, & you know your neighbourhood isn't safe & could be sometimes deserted, think very carefully before buying any recent model TOYOTA especially the Camry, Corolla & the mid size SUVs like the Highlander & Rav4. Even old models (1999, 2000) of the camry are not spared. If you have these cars at home & you have another car (maybe a Mitsubishi or Mazda or VW), I suggest you make that your daily driver.

The love we have for Toyotas is begining to haunt us - thieves snatch Toyotas because its so easy to sell as demand is high. Other car brands too are bein snatched tho, but Toyota & Honda top d list far ahead of the rest.

Also guys, be very careful when buying Nigerian used cars, again, especially Toyotas & Hondas, coz you just might be buying a stolen car & you won't know it till your as.s lands in jail for what you know not about. Make sure you know and can confirm as much history of that vehicle as you can before purchase.

Of course, this may not have been a robbery, but rather a kidnapping or 'score-settling' or beef issue. Just approachin the matter from a possible robbery angle, that's all.

3 Likes

Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by creativemusic: 12:02pm On Feb 26, 2013
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry rip
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2013
kmcutez:

Nigeria is a dog eat dog world. You need to know how to code to survive. No flash, flash, bling, bling living unless you have serious protection.

If possible, nobody not even your mother should know how much you are worth.

Most kidnap cases are inside jobs.

It's easier said. Is it possible to live without some kind of 'flash' or 'bling' when you have achieved a certain level of relative success? Besides, even if your mother doesn't know how much you're worth, your bank account officer would know. Your driver would guess just by knowing how much you pay as school fees for your children in that expensive private school. Even a random, envious neigbour/passerby can estimate your supposed worth by looking at your nice house and making mental evaluations. Any of these people can set you up if they harbour sufficient ill-will or opportunistic greed.

In any case, "serious coding" is not enough to save you if you're unfortunate to be at the negative receiving end of time and chance. Even poor people get killed if they're unfortunate enough to board 'one chance' danfo buses used by ritualist kidnappers and all those.

At the end of the day, most of these things happen only because the victim finds himself or herself in the wrong place, wrong time, or wrong circumstances. Time and chance: It happens to us all, good or bad.

RIP to the young dude. Tragic and untimely death has become so banal these days. Smh. Life is a big joke if you think about it.

7 Likes

Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by TeemahFashion(f): 12:21pm On Feb 26, 2013
Jerrygotswagg: Now dat he is rich and famous na death and bad people come visit.....when he was still struggling them leave am to suffer , now is a made man , Death sha......GOD PLS DNT ALLOW ME and my fellow nairalanders TO LAbour in Vain......AMEN

Amen. May his soul rest in peace
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by Godmann(m): 12:34pm On Feb 26, 2013
Jerrygotswagg: Now dat he is rich and famous na death and bad people come visit.....when he was still struggling them leave am to suffer , now is a made man , Death sha......GOD PLS DNT ALLOW ME and my fellow nairalanders TO LAbour in Vain......AMEN

Always your thought. I do not wish any person dead, but the way Nigerians live their lives in frauds and cheating; so many deserve to die. It is always the bad people and never what we are reaping what we sowed. Only God will judge
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by patostation(m): 12:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
Do you drive a jeep or do you own own one? Then you need to be extra vigilant because there is a jeep-snatching syndicate on the prowl. Their decision to leave you alive will depend on many circumstances - thier state of mind, your co-operation, the type of security installed etc. They will usually get you totally naked, ask you if there is a security tracker and drive you at gun-point to an unfamilier area and propably waste you or fling you out while the car is in motion. In your unclothedness, you will not have the time to call for help. You will preoccupy your mind with how to cover your unclothedness. Ofcourse anyone you call will assume that you are a mad man. You will then beg for a boxer short, beg to make call (if you still remember any number), and of course beg for transport if you are alive. All these happened to my friend at a vulcanizer joint in Egbeda area. The robbers were two in number and the jeep has not been recovered

2 Likes

Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by ayandee: 12:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
I was shocked when i saw this thread on fp. I was expecting the usual 'kidnap for ransom' story. This is really pathetic. May God give his family the strenght to bear this loss. RIP
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by ayandee: 12:50pm On Feb 26, 2013
Learn to read properly b4 commenting. The late Akanbi was an engineer in an oil firm and could afford some luxury. Ur insinuations are uncalled for. Save them for some other day. Toyin akanbi Rip
Godman_n:

Always your thought. I do not wish any person dead, but the way Nigerians live their lives in frauds and cheating; so many deserve to die. It is always the bad people and never what we are reaping what we sowed. Only God will judge
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 26, 2013
This is so painful! Oh my God
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by sayso: 12:53pm On Feb 26, 2013
RIP brother.
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by mokshaq7: 1:01pm On Feb 26, 2013
Too bad to hear this at last,may your soul rest in peace,and my prayer to everybody here on nairaland,may God's Armour and protection never cease to be on us.
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by airmark(m): 1:04pm On Feb 26, 2013
Imagine making money in Nigeria and you will still be fearful to enjoy the fruit of your hardwork. A rich man living amidst poor men is a dead man poor man.
RIP bro

1 Like

Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by saintneo(m): 1:06pm On Feb 26, 2013
RIP Toyin
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by stupor(m): 1:10pm On Feb 26, 2013
Nigeria will continue to experience these pathetic issues if they fail to resolve going into DNA criminal forensics ! Deoxyribonucleicacid Investigations.

The crime rate is rapidly growing at alarming rate but the crime preventive measures have remained static and archaic ! How can you solve a crime as these in a country like ours without the deployment of state of the art investigative techniques like Forensics.

If you murder,kidnap,rape,rob or commit any other treacherous crime,you can run away but with the DNA samples found,your identity can never be hidden,one day the investigators will catch up on you !

Lastly,I heard the senate is approving for capital punishment which inapparently will make the crime rate worsened as the dare-devil criminals will have no other choice than to kill their victims if they did not get their monetary ransom !

I pity this country and its citizens big-time !

Government must urgently go the way of DNA investigative techniques !

May his soul found peaceful rest and may his captors who killed him never find peace !
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by Godmann(m): 1:10pm On Feb 26, 2013
ayandee: Learn to read properly b4 commenting. The late Akanbi was an engineer in an oil firm and could afford some luxury. Ur insinuations are uncalled for. Save them for some other day. Toyin akanbi Rip

Engineer my foot; as if the Topmost people are that clean. I am not suggesting anything b/c I do not know. But I am sure many Nigerians deserve worse death for what we do. All Criminals deserve worse death. We should repent of our evil ways.
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by sportfeva(m): 1:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
Stealing is taking a new twist especially in Lagos. How many times has bank robbery happen in last 6 months compared to previous years like 2 or 3 yrs ago. There is improvement in that area. So kidnapping is the new thing. My own preventive dose.
*be wary of so called friends and colleague especially what you divulge.
*careful of words @ pub.
*don't drive in a lonely place @ nite.
*when face or double crossed, be brave and smart to drive crazy and flew away even if it involve hitting the intended kidnappers.
*lastly, always pray before entering or upon driving. Just a solemn words to honour and praise your creator to guide you.
Not all might be quite okay but just a hint.

2 Likes

Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by otokx(m): 1:23pm On Feb 26, 2013
should serve as a lesson to us all.
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by ochukoccna: 1:23pm On Feb 26, 2013
RIP
Wish Toyin&your famiky the fortitude to bear this
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by Chynx(m): 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
Godman_n:

Engineer my foot; as if the Topmost people are that clean. I am not suggesting anything b/c I do not know. But I am sure many Nigerians deserve worse death for what we do. All Criminals deserve worse death. We should repent of our evil ways.
Wrong timing bruv. This is the wrong time and place for these utterances of urs. Life just got snuffed out of a man here...please.
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by ochukoccna: 2:16pm On Feb 26, 2013
RIP
Wish Toyin&your family the fortitude to bear this

airmark: Imagine making money in Nigeria and you will still be fearful to enjoy the fruit of your hardwork. A rich man living amidst poor men is a dead man poor man.
So true
Its scary
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by ochukoccna: 2:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
sportfeva: Stealing is taking a new twist especially in Lagos. How many times has bank robbery happen in last 6 months compared to previous years like 2 or 3 yrs ago. There is improvement in that area. So kidnapping is the new thing. My own preventive dose.
*be wary of so called friends and colleague especially what you divulge.
*careful of words @ pub.
*don't drive in a lonely place @ nite.
*when face or double crossed, be brave and smart to drive crazy and flew away even if it involve hitting the intended kidnappers.
*lastly, always pray before entering or upon driving. Just a solemn words to honour and praise your creator to guide you.
Not all might be quite okay but just a hint.
True that
Kidnapping is truely the new gold rush for criminal minded elements
Nearly happened to me too by someone by mama once trusted
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by juman(m): 2:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
Unfortunate and very sad news.

One nigeria is the problem.
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by benity: 2:23pm On Feb 26, 2013
R.I.P I KNEW ONE OF THE SISTERS WHO JUST GRADUATED I PRAY GOD WILL NOT AFFLICTIONS RISE AGAIN
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by Rastamann: 2:27pm On Feb 26, 2013
2. We should stop taking unnecessary risks (and we are all a little guilty of this). Eg. Why would a lady enter a bus at Obalende at 11pm at night to save cab money?

Are the cabs even save? Nowadays, where and what is save in Nigeria?
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by BeraBera(f): 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2013
RIP
The family really needs to insist on an investigation of his disappearance and his death. Everybody has to be questioned- his office colleagues, friends, associates, etc. The family really needs to seek the services of security agencies in this matter.
This is really unfortunate.
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by EiE1(f): 3:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
Same here oh! Hmmm
binger: Kai! I had hope that it won't end this way,but it did. May his soul R.I.P.
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by Dipwater(m): 3:24pm On Feb 26, 2013
Godman_n:

Why nau? U have personal beaf with the dude ,niggah pls. I know what u are trying to prove ,but this is not the right time and space to spill it. Let's respect the dead .

Security in this cuntry is so loose,anything can happen to u and the perpetrators wuld surely disappear into thin air.its not about killing criminals .it doesn't work cuz we have been killing them right the days of anini and crime has not reduced instead it has escalated to an unbearable level .

Let's grab the bull by the head and fight it to surrender with the last pint of our blood. Its simple
1)Tackle corruption at all levels

2)Proper upbringing matters a lot.kids try to copy what they see

3) African mothers shuld always question their children when they start spending ill gotten , to know the source of their wealth

4)Youths shuld stop all this get rich or die trying syndrome

5)Govt shuld provide security and jobs to it citizens

6)We all shuld shun greed and selfishness

Rip to the dead. to those that takes pleasure in killing their fellow human being what goes around comes around . Thank u

2 Likes

Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by ylaa(f): 3:46pm On Feb 26, 2013
THESE KILLINGS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND. LAST MONTH IT WAS A MEDICAL DOCTOR, THIS MONTH IS AN ENGINEER. I WONDER NEXT MONTH WHO IT WILL BE. GOD HELP US IN THIS LAWLESS COUNTRY OF OUR. MAY HIS SOUL RIP.
Re: Missing Oluwatoyin Akanbi Found Dead by EagleNest(m): 3:46pm On Feb 26, 2013
Just like that...
Just can't believe how cheap life is in my country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Housemaid Bites Mother of 3 To Death / Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden / Driver Crashes Bus Into A Shop In Ahoada West, Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.