Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,402 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden (33423 Views)

Ambode Lights Up M.K.O Abiola Garden And Many More Roads (photos) / World Most Hilarious Names / A 5-year-old Girl Is World's Youngest Mother. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by obynocj(m): 1:53am On Feb 23, 2013
Featuring over 45 million flowers in stunning designs and breathtaking shapes you’ve not seen anything like Dubai Miracle Garden.

The city authorities and entrepreneurs alike are doing well turning Dubai into the world’s best tourist city. They don’t just rely on nature’s blessing; they make conscious efforts to make the city beautiful and become cynosure of all eyes. A riot of colours as far as the eye can see. A long perimeter wall and four kilometres of pathways decked with bright flowers that glow in the midday sun and still stand out at twilight.

Welcome to Dubai Miracle Garden, the city’s latest outdoor recreational destination, located in Dubailand near the Arabian Ranches. The little-known park was launched on Valentine’s Day. 
Decked with flowers on the ground and hanging from arches, the garden contains up to 45 million flowers. It is currently batting for a Guinness Record for the world’s longest flower wall with a one-km circumference.

Visitors, overwhelmed by the beauty of the garden, have dubbed it a little “piece of Eden”, many admitting they discovered the destination by accident.
Kate Holbrooke, a Canadian who has been living in Dubai for nine years, said she was in awe of what she saw: “Why aren’t they telling people about this? I’ve never seen such a beautiful sight as this.”

A mother of two-and-half-year-old twins Layla and Siena and resident of Falcon City, Holbrooke said she never imagined a “piece of Eden” could be possible in the desert.
“I’ve been to so many cities but have never seen anything like this,” she said.
Besides the flower-decked perimeter wall, there are special vertical and horizontal landscaping designs for each area: arc-shaped walkways, a pathway covered with colourful mini-umbrellas, 10-metre-high flower pyramids, water bodies and flower-decked vintage or designer cars.
Flowers are in the shape of hearts, stars, layers and igloos too. A golf cart can be requested for special-needs or elderly visitors. There are public toilets, ablution and prayer rooms.

“It looks like a perfect pre-nuptial or wedding destination,” said Cathy, a British woman who also found the place by accident. 
There’s ample space for outdoor recreation and provision for retail outlets.
The Miracle Garden features flowers which have been planted for the first time in the Gulf region, said park developers.
Abdel Naser Y. Rahhal of Al Ain-based Akar Landscaping and Agriculture Co., said no two seasons will be the same at Miracle Garden as it will follow different themes each season. Akar is the same company that is behind Al Ain Paradise, the size of four football fields and home to approximately 10 million flowers in the garden city near the Omani border.

“We are currently concentrating on annual, seasonal flowers,” said Rahhal, adding they are also planting trees on the perimeter as windbreakers. He said they hope to attract one million visitors a year once fully operational.

“We have put this together with tourists in mind. We also want to demonstrate that it’s possible to green the desert through judicious re-use of waste water, through drip irrigation.”

Rahhal said there are at least 45 natural colours found in the Miracle Garden.
Retail outlets, restaurants, souvenir shops, plant nurseries and a multi-storey car park will form part of the destination in the second phase of its development. Work will start on site in mid-2013.

“In Europe, it’s dead in the winter and alive in spring and summer. We’re the total opposite. Here in the desert, winter is ideal for optimum growth of outdoor flowers. This is just how the world works,” said Rahhal.

GARDEN DETAILS
Timings: 9am to 9pm (open till late-May, reopens in October)
Planted area: 72,000 sq. metres
Pathways: 4km
Number of flowers: about 45 million
Entrance: Dh20 and free for kids below three (free entry for all until February 21)

Source: http://rankdchyson..com/2013/02/the-worlds-most-beautiful-garden-now-in.html

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by bunchyproject(m): 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
Awesome

2 Likes

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by touchmeder: 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
wow in the desert?
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by momodub: 6:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
ok very nice
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by MMM2(m): 6:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
Wonders

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by zubbainno123: 6:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
Beautiful
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by manny4life(m): 6:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
Dubai is just going place, unlike Nigeria, they do not depend on oil. Looks pretty, lovely and serene, that's where my wife and I are going for our next valentine... before I finally propose "will you marry me"? kiss

10 Likes

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by victorcurtis(m): 6:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
dis is super wonderful
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by camcor(m): 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2013
Lovely
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2013
Wow! It is beautiful
Most Beautiful sight. Really looks like a paradise. Hats off to the gardeners

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by kulboy(m): 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
Dubai...the jewel of the UAE
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
Absolute Masterpiece.
Nature @ its peak of beauty.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2013
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2013
. .
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
. . .
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
. . . .
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by gluv01(f): 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
God' awesome creation made more beautiful by man. I love this kiss
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by DJDOLA(m): 6:09pm On Feb 23, 2013
MTCHEWWW COME AND SEE MY FATHER GARDEN..MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN DUBAI GARDEN
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by mejai(m): 6:09pm On Feb 23, 2013
Am speechless! Chai!
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by alphaconde(m): 6:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
pulchritudinous and radiant
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by manny4life(m): 6:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
alpha conde: pulchritudinous and radiant

What, chai, oyibo agbaka m'isi shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by CeCeBillz(f): 6:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
Wow! Am in lovegrin
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by salt1: 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
manny4life: Dubai is just going place, unlike Nigeria, they do not depend on oil. Looks pretty, lovely and serene, that's where my wife and I are going for our next valentine... before I finally propose "will you marry me"? kiss

You will propose marriage to your wife? I thought her being a wife means you're already married.

@topic, I won't call this a work of nature but a work of nurture

6 Likes

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
Who has small pin charger for china phone abeg?

7 Likes

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by ayurdavid: 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2013
dubai wonder
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by CeCeBillz(f): 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2013
If I heargrin
DJDOLA: MTCHEWWW COME AND SEE MY FATHER GARDEN..MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN DUBAI GARDEN

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Sweetapple007(f): 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2013
I hav been there before ,the place is a beautiful heaven.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:14pm On Feb 23, 2013
Dubai! Oh, I love Dubai!
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 23, 2013
Nonsense, wots beautiful in dis. Come 2 my village nd see beauty at its peak.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by manny4life(m): 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
salt 1:

You will propose marriage to your wife? I thought her being a wife means you're already married.

@topic, I won't call this a work of nature but a work of nurture

Well, technically not married... so fret not, i used "my wife", because she's my "Obianuju"
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by dazzlingisha(f): 6:20pm On Feb 23, 2013
Awesome.....
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 23, 2013
Sweetapple007: I hav been there before ,the place is a beautiful heaven.

who dash monkey banana undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Driver Crashes Bus Into A Shop In Ahoada West, Rivers State (Photos) / Car Rams Into EndSARS Protesters In Ondo, Kills One, Three Injured / Apology For Unnecessary Downtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.