Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists (23990 Views)

Guy Insists That He Is The Carboncopy Of Wizkid On Instagram (photos) / Dele Momodu Tells His Side of The Story With Davido's Father, Dr Adeleke [PICS] / I Was In A Relationship With Him – Yul Edochie’s Gay Stalker Insists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 27, 2013
They say the biggest legacy a parent can leave for his-her children is education.

Every parent no matter the circumstances strives hard to live up to that statement and so is Nigerian billionaire businessman Deji Adeleke who seems hell bent on seeing one of his sons David ‘Davido’ Adeleke attending and graduating from University like every other child.

The last two years have been a handful for Davido – he didn’t just make a very successful debut in the Nigerian music scene but accelerated to the A-list spot, something that has taken other A-listers years to achieve. He’s released a debut album with chart topping singles, won international awards and performed in and out of the country, what else could he ask for?

Well, Davido isn’t doing the asking, his father is; more like demanding. NET sources say Mr Adeleke wants his son to enrol in a University and graduate with a degree.

And to make that happen, he has reportedly built an entire department at Babcock University (where he is currently a provost) for Creative Arts which will have Davido and his manager Kamal as the only students for now.

We’re told he has also bought a dedicated car which take the boys to and from school as they work to combine academic commitments with show business.

Davido and Kamal (who had to go back to school because of Davido’s father’s insistence) are using the opportunity to bond, a source tells us.

It is also likely his celebrity cousins Bayo ‘B.Red’ and Sina ‘Sinarambo’ Adeleke will be joining them soon.

‘Davido’s dad believes a lot in his music and HKN. He thinks David can take it to the next level but he also feels education is compulsory foundation for his son’, a source to the family tells us.

We learn he has been helping to put up necessary structures that’ll ensure the boys don’t mess things up. For starters, Mr Adeleke insists on meeting with everyone working with his son.

And the young pop star has so far been co-operative.

Davido’s mother Vera, an educationist herself was until her death in 2003, a lecturer at Babcock University.

http://thenetng.com/2013/02/you-must-get-a-degree-davidos-father-insists/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Goodays(m): 2:23pm On Feb 27, 2013
what!!!!!
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by alex406(m): 2:23pm On Feb 27, 2013
Is he that dull that he doesn't see anything right in getting a degree without been told? In between, how come is his father a provost in Babcock Uni? thought they said he is a multimillionaire. hmmm shocked
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Goodays(m): 2:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
Lets see how that will turn out to be made
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by yuzedo: 2:25pm On Feb 27, 2013
E easy to go school, pass?? grin cheesy

Abeg Davido, tell ya papa "Ema dami duro!" cheesy tongue

10 Likes

Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Afam4eva(m): 2:26pm On Feb 27, 2013
Rubbish!!!

Why should Babcock allow davido's father to build a department just for his son. If he wants to show that he has money then he should homeschool him and pay lectureres to lecture him at home.
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 27, 2013
alex406: Is he that dull that he doesn't see anything right in getting a degree without been told?

Some of the greatest men in life made it without a degree bruv...

Nigerians place too much emphasis on certificates which is why the Nigerian job market is full of Graduates with Zero Skills in irrelevant fields.

13 Likes

Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by executinal(m): 2:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
R2bees:

And to make that happen, he has reportedly built an entire department at Babcock University (where he is currently a provost) for Creative Arts which will have Davido and his manager Kamal as the only students for now.

We’re told he has also bought a dedicated car which take the boys to and from school as they work to combine academic commitments with show business.

http://thenetng.com/2013/02/you-must-get-a-degree-davidos-father-insists/

Why not buid full university for your son?? too much money abi
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by creativemusic: 2:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
executinal:

loool... Guy u dey vex?

1 Like

Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by MMM2(m): 2:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
Davido should just buy certificate from any university in 9ja undecided

Money talks wink

2 Likes

Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by ebamma(m): 2:30pm On Feb 27, 2013
Reminds me of the book Eze goes to school
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 27, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Some of the greatest men in life made it without a degree bruv...

Nigerians place too much emphasis on certificates which is why the Nigerian job market is full of Graduates with Zero Skills in irrelevant fields.

why u come go school nah... U 4 stay on road side dey work fulknizer...na talent nah
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 27, 2013
Papa Davido, cheesy you can take a camel to a stream but cannot force it to drink water undecided

1 Like

Very easy, just send him to your university and he will sort all his courses from yr 1 to final year without attending class for even a day undecided
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by ebamma(m): 2:31pm On Feb 27, 2013
executinal:

so half university dey also oh?
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by free2ryhme: 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
na only dem get papa wey dey unifesity .. abeg make we heard word jare ... if dem like make dem turn junkie na dem no .. how on earth did dis rubbish made front page
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
R2bees: why u come go school nah... U 4 stay on road side dey work fulknizer...na talent nah

And who told you I went to University?

I can bet my left testicle that if we were to expose ourselves to the public right now, I'm in a far better position than you can hope to attain in life.

Miscreant!

3 Likes

Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Emodeee: 2:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
Learning made easy...other billionaire parent should imbibe dis idea.
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Goodays(m): 2:34pm On Feb 27, 2013
M M M: Davido should just buy certificate from any university in 9ja undecided

Money talks wink
You tell me, how are you building this country for the best, when you keep on pushing corruption as an advise in practice. Mr man wakeup.
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Scarpon(m): 2:34pm On Feb 27, 2013
school is not every thing the young richest musician(Justin bieber)is not even in college
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by trustone(m): 2:34pm On Feb 27, 2013
O yes, Education is the best Legacy, no matter what DAVIDO has achieve in his life, he's still need education to back it up

Wish him success in his education
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Burger01(m): 2:35pm On Feb 27, 2013
Baba olowo and 'omo baba olowo'...
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by colombiana: 2:38pm On Feb 27, 2013
He should first of all insist his son gets manners, cuz degree witout propers upbringing is worthless.

1 Like

Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by tony1980: 2:38pm On Feb 27, 2013
That's a nice one coming from a good father because,education will always be the key in everything he does.
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by dasdexter(m): 2:38pm On Feb 27, 2013
seriously dis is bafflin & cute, wish my dad could build a separate toilet for me in d hostel, talk less of a department, money screamin in dia pocket* GOES BACK TO READ SO I CAN BUILD MY SON AN ENGINEERING LAB*

1 Like

Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Rastamann: 2:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
...And to make that happen, he has reportedly built an entire department at Babcock University (where he is currently a provost) for Creative Arts which will have Davido and his manager Kamal as the only students for now.

We’re told he has also bought a dedicated car which take the boys to and from school as they work to combine academic commitments with show business...

This one na arrangee degree o! Na to use money settle the lecturers and school bacause as I dey see the boy, he no fit pass and examination for school o! Even if he sabi book, distractions go too much! Make the papa allow am do online degree o!
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2013
Education requires a lot of commitment. I doubt david can commit to studying. We're now in a world were formal education as we have known it is becoming less and less important especially in the arts, creative and world of inventions. How many university professors can tutor a young person to mainstream stardom. Did David Guetta go to school? Did Michael Jackson go to school? Did Britney Spears go to school. Did Bill Gates or Steve Jobs complete their programs even tho they were most definitely smart enuff to finish with first class. Rather than waste money on building a faculty in a formal system, encourage the guy to get trained in MUSON centre, or a dance school etc. Or be tutored by notable producers.
PS: I'm an academic and I believe formal education still has its uses in some setting but not too much in arts and talents.

5 Likes

Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by sanklose: 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2013
wel dats a 9ice legacy a promisin dad wuld give, ...jst 2 students in a uni? Nw dat all his crews want 2 join him wuld dat be lectures anymore ...hmmn davido d stuborn boy beta go buy jamb b4 e due tongue

1 Like

Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by rhymesteey(f): 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hum dat rude boy!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kanye West Announces 30 Day "Verbal Fast": No Speaking & No Sex / I'll Beat Any Director Who Disagrees With Me On Copying Nigerians - Shatta Wale / Genevieve Nnaji With Stephanie Linus And Son, Maxwell At His 1st Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.