Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,299 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists (24004 Views)

Guy Insists That He Is The Carboncopy Of Wizkid On Instagram (photos) / Dele Momodu Tells His Side of The Story With Davido's Father, Dr Adeleke [PICS] / I Was In A Relationship With Him – Yul Edochie’s Gay Stalker Insists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Friedrich080(m): 2:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
Davido is a Bance and also a dullard.. He no sabi book ..u think say getting a degree na easy task like picking a pen and write Emi ni Omo Baba Olowo. I beg next topic

1 Like

Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Libkid(m): 2:44pm On Feb 27, 2013
Lolz.DAVIDO GOES TO SCHOOL BY ADELEKE

2 Likes

Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by MMM2(m): 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
Goodays: You tell me, how are you building this country for the best, when you keep on pushing corruption as an advise in practice. Mr man wakeup.

Sorry I don't think dis country will ever change 4 good undecided
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by vokalguy(m): 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
Afam4eva: Rubbish!!!

Why should Babcock allow davido's father to build a department just for his son. If he wants to show that he has money then he should homeschool him and pay lectureres to lecture him at home.

My Guy, money talks o...
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by peziz(f): 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
Lies! Lies! Lies! Mmmh.. .NET, when did davido's dad become a provost in babcock university talk more of creative art department. Creative art ko! Destructive art ni! I don't even know where people/media gain so much confidence in peddling false news. For their mind dm don write news. Mstcheww...
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by mosquitoNet(m): 2:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
*2face's voice* I say no be small tin oh!
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
dat boy needs a good education, that is what he needs right now. at least that should teach him to stop jumping up 'n down like a se.x-crazed hunched-back goat in his music videos angry grin grin grin (na beef)
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Sweetapple007(f): 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2013
Who no go want make him pikin get degree.
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by MadCow1: 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
Why dosent his father just home school him... angry

Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Emodeee: 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
sweet girl@rhymesteey
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by vega84(m): 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
Why nt? It is cos his music is selling? Abeg make him go university joor davido has no reason nt to hav a degree his dad is on point.
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by legacysystems2(f): 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
jackbauersballs:
Some of the greatest men in life made it without a degree bruv...
Nigerians place too much emphasis on certificates which is why the Nigerian job market is full of Graduates with Zero Skills in irrelevant fields.

20 Billionaire College Dropouts

Definition: A college dropout refers to a person who has dropped out from a college or university before completing his/her degree.

Some of the world’s most famous and richest billionaires (including the second richest man in the world, Bill Gates are college dropouts.) But don’t be deceived, just because the average net worth of the below billionaire dropouts is
$9.4 billion, doesn’t mean dropping out is a good idea. Especially when considering that the average net worth of billionaire dropouts is approximately triple that of billionaires with Ph.D.s, $3.2 billion …. err pretend I didn’t say anything.
Fun Fact: According to a recent report from Cambridge, Mass.-based Forrester Research, 20% of America’s millionaires never attended college.

Listed Below Are 20 Of The Most Successful Billionaire College Dropouts
1. Bill Gates

Bill gates mugshot 20 Billionaire College Dropouts
Gates is one of the best-known entrepreneurs of the personal computer revolution. Gates is the former CEO and current chairman of Microsoft.
Gates attended Harvard in the fall of 1973, only to drop out two years later to found Microsoft with childhood friend Paul Allen. In 2007, more than thirty years after he left Harvard, the co-founder of Microsoft would finally receive his degree (an honorary doctorate) from his alma mater. At the commencement, Gates said,

“I’m a bad influence. That’s why I was invited to speak at your graduation. If I had spoken at your orientation, fewer of you might be here today.”

University attended: Harvard
Net worth: US$ 61 billion (2012)

Major: Not Available

Company: Microsoft

2. Mark Zuckerburg

in 2005 zuckerberg had narrow vision for facebook i mean i just really want to see everyone focus on college and make a really cool college directory product he told the interviewer there doesnt necessarily have to be morepart of making a difference and doing something cool is doing focusing intensely 20 Billionaire College Dropouts

Mark is just your everyday average an American computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur. You might have heard of him… He invented Facebook. He is best known as one of four co-founders of the social networking site Facebook, of which he is chairman and chief executive.It was co-founded as a private company in 2004 by Zuckerberg and classmates Dustin Moskovitz, Eduardo Saverin, and Chris Hughes while they were students at Harvard University.

Net worth: US$ 17.5 billion (2012)

Major: psychology and computer science

Company: Facebook

3. Lawrence Ellison

Larry is the co-founder and CEO of Oracle Corporation, one of the world’s leading enterprise software companies. Larry was a bright but inattentive student (sounds like plenty of my friends). He left the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign at the end of his second year, after not taking his final exams because his adoptive mother had just died.

After spending a summer in Northern California, where he lived with his friend Chuck Weiss, Ellison attended the University of Chicago for one term, where he first encountered computer design. In 1964, at 20 years of age, he moved to Northern California permanently. Like a boss.

University attended: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of Chicago

Net worth: US$ 36 billion (2012)

Company: Oracle

4. Michael Dell
[img]http://3.bp..com/_HyyDHyAwI6k/TCIMeIRSHII/AAAAAAAAJk4/gAUNIz1flfY/s400/micahel+dell+1989.jpg[/img]
While a freshman pre-med student at the University of Texas at Austin, Dell started an informal business in his dorm room putting together and selling upgrade kits for personal computers. He then applied for a vendor license to bid on contracts for the State of Texas, winning bids by not having the overhead of a computer store.

Michael Dell actually just called me and asked “What we are all doing with our lives?”

University attended: University of Texas at Austin

Net worth: US$15 billion (2011)

Major: Not available

Company: Dell

5. Marc Rich
[img]http://www.bilanz.ch/sites/bilanz.ch/files/imagecache/content-leadimage/lead_image/marc_rich_28_07.jpg[/img]
Marc Rich attended New York University, in Manhattan, but dropped out after one semester to go work for Philipp Brothers.

He later founded Glencore, the world’s largest commodities trading company that you probably never heard of. (Hipster smirk)

University attended: New York University

Net worth: US$1 billion (2011)

Company: Glencore

6. Ty Warner
Warner attended St. John’s Military Academy in Delafield, WI. Warner attended Kalamazoo College in Michigan but dropped out after a year and moved to Hollywood to commence a career in acting. He had little success as an actor and returned to Chicago. There he began working for plush toy maker Dakin. After nearly two decades at Dakin and a long sabbatical in Italy, Warner returned to Chicago.

In 1986, Warner mortgaged his home and invested his life savings into founding Ty Inc.

In 1993, Ty Inc. launched Beanie Babies.

At the peak of the Beanie craze, the privately owned Ty Inc. is believed to have earned over $700 million in profits in a year. All because you hhaaaaaddd to have those beanie babies.

University attended: Kalamazoo College

Net worth: US$2.9 billion (2010)

Company: Ty Inc. (best known for Beanie Babies)

7. Sheldon Adelson
Adelson went to college at the City College of New York, but dropped out. He later went on to do hoodrat things with his friends. He also became a billionaire. No big deal.

University attended: City College of New York

Net worth: US$24.9 billion (2012)

Company: Las Vegas Sands

8. Kirk Kerkorian
Kirk is what many of us would call a bad ass.

Dropping out of school in 8th grade, he proceeded to become an amateur boxer, business man, pilot, milk maid, cattle herder and eventually a billionaire. Swag.

University attended: Never attended

Company: Tracinda Corporation

9. Donald Newhouse
Not much is known about this mysterious man who attended Syracuse, only that he is rich as hell and dropped out.

University attended: Syracuse University

Net worth: US$4 billion (2012)

Company: Advance Publications

10. Micky Arison
Carnival Corporation, the world’s largest cruise operator, and owner of the NBA’s Miami Heat once went to a college in Miami. But he decided you know what would be cool? Becoming a billionaire. So, he dropped out and chased his dreams.

University attended: University of Miami

Net worth: US$5.9 billion (2012)

Company: Owner of the NBA‘s Miami Heat, Carnival Corporation

11. David Geffen
Geffen was born in Brooklyn, New York. He graduated from New Utrecht High School in Brooklyn, then attended Santa Monica College, but soon left. He then attended night school at Brooklyn College for 3 semesters before again dropping out. He also briefly attended the University of Texas at Austin.

University attended: New Utrecht High School, Santa Monica College, Brooklyn College, University of Texas at Austin.

Net worth: US$7.4 billion (2012)

Company: Asylum Records, Geffen Records, DGC Records, DreamWorks SKG

12.Ralph Lifshitz aka “Ralph Lauren”
He went to Baruch College where he studied business, although he dropped out after two years. From 1962 to 1964 he served in the United States Army. He did not attend fashion school, but worked for Brooks Brothers as a salesman.

In 1967, with the financial backing of Manhattan clothing manufacturer Norman Hilton, Lauren opened a necktie store where he also sold ties of his own design, under the label “Polo.”

He later received the rights to use the trademark Polo from Brooks Brothers.

University attended: Baruch College

Net worth: US$ 7.5 billion (2012)

Major: Business

Company: Polo Ralph Lauren

Fun Fact: Apparently Ralph was teased about it in school.“My given name has the word shit in it,” he told Oprah Winfrey. “When I was a kid, the other kids would make a lot of fun of me. It was a tough name. That’s why I decided to change it.

13. Ted Turner

Turner attended Brown University and was vice-president of the Brown Debating Union and captain of the sailing team. He became a member of Kappa Sigma.

Turner initially majored in Classics. Turner’s father wrote saying that his choice made him “appalled, even horrified,” and that he “almost puked.”Turner later changed his major to Economics,

but before receiving a diploma, he was expelled for having a female student in his dormitory room.Turner’s media empire began with his father’s billboard business, which he took over at 24 after his father’s suicide.

University attended: Brown University

Net worth: US$2 billion (2012

Major: Classics but switched to Economics

Company: founder of TBS and CNN, former owner of Atlanta Braves owner, WCW, and creator of animated series Captain Planet and the Planeteers.

13-14. Sergey Brin and Larry Page
Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page didn’t drop out undergrad. However they are still technically college dropouts, as they dropped out of their PhD programs.

Sergey Brin earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Maryland, following in his father’s and grandfather’s footsteps by studying mathematics, as well as computer science.

Larry Page holds a Bachelor of Science in computer engineering from the University of Michigan with honors and a Master of Science in computer science from Stanford University.While at the University of Michigan, “Page created an inkjet printer made of Lego bricks” (actually a line plotter),served as the president of the Eta Kappa Nu in Fall 1994,and was a member of the 1993 “Maize & Blue” University of Michigan Solar Car team.

Both Larry and Sergey attend Stanford University to acquire their Ph.D in computer science. This is where they met and became friends. They crammed their dormitory room with inexpensive computers and applied Brin’s data mining system to build a superior search engine. The program became popular at Stanford and they suspended their PhD studies to start up Google in a rented garage.

University attended: University of Maryland & University of Michigan

Net worth: US$ 16.7 billion (2011), US$ 16.7 billion (2011)

Major: (Brin) Mathematics, Computer science & computer engineering

Company: Google

15. Jack Taylor
With an estimated current net worth of around $7.4 billion, he is ranked by Forbes as the 18th-richest American and the 40th-richest person in the world. But at some point his life he attended lectures with boring ass professors. He didn’t stick around but if he had he probably would have rocked out in college as well.

Jack Taylor understood what many people fail to. It isn’t about investing in a company, a job or a college but instead its about investing in yourself.

University attended: Washington University in St. Louis

Company: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Company

deceased 20 Billionaire College Dropouts

16. David Murdock (Deceased)
Murdock grew up in Montgomery Township, Ohio and dropped out of high school in the 9th grade. He was drafted by the U.S. Army in 1943 during World War II.

After relocating to Detroit after the war, Murdock was homeless and destitute. He never gave up though and eventually balled out of control.

In 1978, he acquired control of International Mining. In early 1980s, he became the largest shareholder in Occidental Petroleum.

University attended: Never Attended

Net worth: US$3 billion (2011)

Company: Castle & Cooke and the Dole Food Company.

17. Steve Jobs (Deceased)
Jobs was an American businessman, designer and inventor. He is best known as the co-founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Apple Inc. Following high school graduation in 1972, Jobs enrolled at Reed College in Portland, Oregon. Reed was an expensive college which Paul and Clara could ill afford. They were spending much of their life savings on their son’s higher education.

Jobs dropped out of college after six months and spent the next 18 months dropping in on creative classes, including a course on calligraphy.

He continued auditing classes at Reed while sleeping on the floor in friends’ dorm rooms, returning Coke bottles for food money, and getting weekly free meals at the local Hare Krishna temple.

Fun Fact: Jobs said, “If I had never dropped in on that single calligraphy course in college, the Mac would have never had multiple typefaces or proportionally spaced fonts.

University attended: Reed College

Net worth: US$7 billion (2012)

Company: Apple Inc & Pixar

18. John D. Rockefeller (Deceased)
Rockefeller attended Cleveland’s Central High School and then took a ten week business course at Folsom’s Commercial College where he studied bookkeeping.

He then made butt loads of money sucking black gold from the ground using a really long bendy straw. True story.

University attended: Folsom’s Commercial College

Net worth: US$392-663.4 billion at the time of his death (adjusted for inflation)

Company: Film maker and Business Man

20. Howard Hughes (Deceased)
Howard was an American business magnate, investor, aviator, engineer, film producer, director, and philanthropist. He was one of the wealthiest people in the world. He gained prominence from the late 1920s as a maverick film producer, making big-budget and often controversial films like The Racket (1928), Hell’s Angels (1930), Scarface (1932), and The Outlaw (1943) Hughes dropped out of shortly after his father’s death.

University attended: Rice University

Net worth: US$1.5 billion at the time of his death (adjusted for inflation)

This is not an all inclusive list. There are plenty of other billionaire college dropouts.

Source http://www.brightfutura.com/20-billionaire-college-dropouts/
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2013
R2bees: why u come go school nah... U 4 stay on road side dey work fulknizer...na talent nah
if na by certificate I suppose get money pass bill gate because bill gate do not have a university degree.oya talk
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2013
12 inches!:
Education requires a lot of commitment. I doubt david can commit to studying. We're now in a world were formal education as we have known it is becoming less and less important especially in the arts, creative and world of inventions. How many university professors can tutor a young person to mainstream stardom. Did David Guetta go to school? Did Michael Jackson go to school? Did Britney Spears go to school. Did Bill Gates or Steve Jobs complete their programs even tho they were most definitely smart enuff to finish with first class. Rather than waste money on building a faculty in a formal system, encourage the guy to get trained in MUSON centre, or a dance school etc. Or be tutored by notable producers.
PS: I'm an academic and I believe formal education still has its uses in some setting but not too much in arts and talents.

Exactly what i thought! The first question should be a degree in what? Nowadays secondary education is about enough. Science is advancing speedily and replacing a lot of abilities. Medicine,office jobs,bank jobs etc are going to fade away and replaced by computers in the next 10 to 20 years. Even our cars will be driven by computers,food cooked by computers and less human labor/efforts will be required.

Creativity and I.T knowledge is all that matters now!
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 27, 2013
12 inches!:
Education requires a lot of commitment. I doubt david can commit to studying. We're now in a world were formal education as we have known it is becoming less and less important especially in the arts, creative and world of inventions. How many university professors can tutor a young person to mainstream stardom. Did David Guetta go to school? Did Michael Jackson go to school? Did Britney Spears go to school. Did Bill Gates or Steve Jobs complete their programs even tho they were most definitely smart enuff to finish with first class. Rather than waste money on building a faculty in a formal system, encourage the guy to get trained in MUSON centre, or a dance school etc. Or be tutored by notable producers.
PS: I'm an academic and I believe formal education still has its uses in some setting but not too much in arts and talents.

Exactly what i thought! The first question should be a degree in what? Nowadays secondary education is about enough. Science is advancing speedily and replacing a lot of abilities. Medicine,office jobs,bank jobs etc are going to fade away and replaced by computers in the next 10 to 20 years. Even our cars will be driven by computers,food cooked by computers and less human labor/efforts will be required.

Creativity and I.T knowledge is all that matters now!
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by CHukwudiKe2: 3:07pm On Feb 27, 2013
[quote
author=Afam4eva]Rubbish!!!

Why should Babcock allow davido's father to build a department just for
his son. If he wants to show that he has money then he should homeschool
him and pay lectureres to lecture him at home.[/quote]
if eh dey pain u,go hug transformer...its not Davido's fault dat he is 4rm a rich family unlike you
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by muktarmtt(m): 3:07pm On Feb 27, 2013
So u mean dat pis of shit didn't have a degree watt a shame is he a real yuruba guy wat a shame, he dnts even knw hw make a vedio him dey over do evryting lyk crazee
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by folahann(m): 3:09pm On Feb 27, 2013
legacy_systems:

Definition: A college dropout refers to a person who has dropped out from a college or university before completing his/her degree.

According to a recent report from Cambridge, Mass.-based Forrester Research, 20% of America’s millionaires never attended college.

1. Bill Gates

Gates is one of the best-known entrepreneurs of the personal computer revolution. Gates is the former CEO and current chairman of Microsoft.
Gates attended Harvard in the fall of 1973, only to drop out two years later to found Microsoft with childhood friend Paul Allen.

2. Mark Zuckerburg
in 2005 zuckerberg had narrow vision for facebook i mean i just really want to see everyone focus on college and make a really cool college directory product he told the interviewer there doesnt necessarily have to be morepart of making a difference and doing something cool is doing focusing intensely 20 Billionaire College Dropouts

Mark is just your everyday average an American computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur. You might have heard of him… He invented Facebook. He is best known as one of four co-founders of the social networking site Facebook, of which he is chairman and chief executive.It was co-founded as a private company in 2004 by Zuckerberg and classmates Dustin Moskovitz, Eduardo Saverin, and Chris Hughes while they were students at Harvard University.

3. Lawrence Ellison
Larry is the co-founder and CEO of Oracle Corporation, one of the world’s leading enterprise software companies.
University attended: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of Chicago

4. Michael Dell
While a freshman pre-med student at the University of Texas at Austin, Dell started an informal business in his dorm room putting together and selling upgrade kits for personal computers.

5. Marc Rich
Marc Rich attended New York University, in Manhattan, but dropped out after one semester to go work for Philipp Brothers.

6. Ty Warner
Warner attended St. John’s Military Academy in Delafield, WI. Warner attended Kalamazoo College in Michigan but dropped out after a year and moved to Hollywood to commence a career in acting.

7. Sheldon Adelson
Adelson went to college at the City College of New York, but dropped out.

8. Kirk Kerkorian

9. Donald Newhouse
Not much is known about this mysterious man who attended Syracuse, only that he is rich as hell and dropped out.

10. Micky Arison
Carnival Corporation, the world’s largest cruise operator, and owner of the NBA’s Miami Heat once went to a college in Miami. But he decided you know what would be cool? Becoming a billionaire. So, he dropped out and chased his dreams.

11. David Geffen
Geffen was born in Brooklyn, New York. He graduated from New Utrecht High School in Brooklyn, then attended Santa Monica College, but soon left. He then attended night school at Brooklyn College for 3 semesters before again dropping out

He went to Baruch College where he studied business, although he dropped out after two years. From 1962 to 1964 he served in the United States Army.

13. Ted Turner
Turner attended Brown University and was vice-president of the Brown Debating Union and captain of the sailing team. He became a member of Kappa Sigma.

Company: founder of TBS and CNN, former owner of Atlanta Braves owner, WCW, and creator of animated series Captain Planet and the Planeteers.

Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page didn’t drop out undergrad. However they are still technically college dropouts, as they dropped out of their PhD programs.

Jobs was an American businessman, designer and inventor. He is best known as the co-founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Apple Inc. Following high school graduation in 1972,

Fun Fact: Jobs said, “If I had never dropped in on that single calligraphy course in college, the Mac would have never had multiple typefaces or proportionally spaced fonts.

Rockefeller attended Cleveland’s Central High School and then took a ten week business course at Folsom’s Commercial College where he studied bookkeeping.

This is not an all inclusive list. There are plenty of other billionaire college dropouts.

Please, count how many Nigerians are in that list. Let me also know the number of Africans in it
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by colombiana: 3:15pm On Feb 27, 2013
legacy_systems:

Some of the world’s most famous and richest billionaires (including the second richest man in the world, Bill Gates are college dropouts.) But don’t be deceived, just because the average net worth of the below billionaire dropouts is
$9.4 billion, doesn’t mean dropping out is a good idea. Especially when considering that the average net worth of billionaire dropouts is approximately triple that of billionaires with Ph.D.s, $3.2 billion …. err pretend I didn’t say anything.
Fun Fact: According to a recent report from Cambridge, Mass.-based Forrester Research, 20% of America’s millionaires never attended colle
1. Bill Gates

Gates attended Harvard in the fall of 1973, only to drop out two years later to found Microsoft with childhood friend Paul Allen. In 2007, more than thirty years after he left Harvard, the co-founder of Microsoft would finally receive his degree (an honorary doctorate) from his alma mater. At the commencement, Gates said,

“I’m a bad influence. That’s why I was invited to speak at your graduation. If I had spoken at your orientation, fewer of you might be here today.”

2. Mark Zuckerburg

3. Lawrence Ellison
Larry is the co-founder and CEO of Oracle Corporation, one of the world’s leading enterprise software companies. Larry was a bright but inattentive student (sounds like plenty of my friends). He left the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign at the end of his second year, after not taking his final exams because his adoptive mother had just died.

After spending a summer in Northern California, where he lived with his friend Chuck Weiss, Ellison attended the University of Chicago for one term, where he first encountered computer design. In 1964, at 20 years of age, he moved to Northern California permanently. Like a boss.

4. Michael Dell
While a freshman pre-med student at the University of Texas at Austin, Dell started an informal business in his dorm room putting together and selling upgrade kits for personal computers. He then applied for a vendor license to bid on contracts for the State of Texas, winning bids by not having the overhead of a computer store.

Michael Dell actually just called me and asked “What we are all doing with our lives?”

5. Marc Rich

He later founded Glencore, the world’s largest commodities trading company that you probably never heard of. (Hipster smirk)

6. Ty Warner
Warner attended St. John’s Military Academy in Delafield, WI. Warner attended Kalamazoo College in Michigan but dropped out after a year and moved to Hollywood to commence a career in acting. He had little success as an actor and returned to Chicago. There he began working for plush toy maker Dakin. After nearly two decades at Dakin and a long sabbatical in Italy, Warner returned to Chicago.

In 1986, Warner mortgaged his home and invested his life savings into founding Ty Inc.

At the peak of the Beanie craze, the privately owned Ty Inc. is believed to have earned over $700 million in profits in a year. All because you hhaaaaaddd to have those beanie babies.

7. Sheldon Adelson
Adelson went to college at the City College of New York, but dropped out. He later went on to do hoodrat things with his friends. He also became a billionaire. No big deal.

8. Kirk Kerkorian

Dropping out of school in 8th grade, he proceeded to become an amateur boxer, business man, pilot, milk maid, cattle herder and eventually a billionaire. Swag.

9. Donald Newhouse

10. Micky Arison

11. David Geffen
Geffen was born in Brooklyn, New York. He graduated from New Utrecht High School in Brooklyn, then attended Santa Monica College, but soon left. He then attended night school at Brooklyn College for 3 semesters before again dropping out. He also briefly attended the University of Texas at Austin.

University attended: New Utrecht High School, Santa Monica College, Brooklyn College, University of Texas at Austin.

He went to Baruch College where he studied business, although he dropped out after two years. From 1962 to 1964 he served in the United States Army. He did not attend fashion school, but worked for Brooks Brothers as a salesman.

In 1967, with the financial backing of Manhattan clothing manufacturer Norman Hilton, Lauren opened a necktie store where he also sold ties of his own design, under the label “Polo.”

Fun Fact: Apparently Ralph was teased about it in school.“My given name has the word shit in it,” he told Oprah Winfrey. “When I was a kid, the other kids would make a lot of fun of me. It was a tough name. That’s why I decided to change it.

13. Ted Turner

Turner initially majored in Classics. Turner’s father wrote saying that his choice made him “appalled, even horrified,” and that he “almost puked.”Turner later changed his major to Economics,

but before receiving a diploma, he was expelled for having a female student in his dormitory room.Turner’s media empire began with his father’s billboard business, which he took over at 24 after his father’s suicide.

Sergey Brin earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Maryland, following in his father’s and grandfather’s footsteps by studying mathematics, as well as computer science.

Larry Page holds a Bachelor of Science in computer engineering from the University of Michigan with honors and a Master of Science in computer science from Stanford University.While at the University of Michigan, “Page created an inkjet printer made of Lego bricks” (actually a line plotter),served as the president of the Eta Kappa Nu in Fall 1994,and was a member of the 1993 “Maize & Blue” University of Michigan Solar Car team.

Both Larry and Sergey attend Stanford University to acquire their Ph.D in computer science. This is where they met and became friends. They crammed their dormitory room with inexpensive computers and applied Brin’s data mining system to build a superior search engine. The program became popular at Stanford and they suspended their PhD studies to start up Google in a rented garage.

15. Jack Taylor
With an estimated current net worth of around $7.4 billion, he is ranked by Forbes as the 18th-richest American and the 40th-richest person in the world. But at some point his life he attended lectures with boring ass professors. He didn’t stick around but if he had he probably would have rocked out in college as well.

Jack Taylor understood what many people fail to. It isn’t about investing in a company, a job or a college but instead its about investing in yourself.

Murdock grew up in Montgomery Township, Ohio and dropped out of high school in the 9th grade. He was drafted by the U.S. Army in 1943 during World War II.

After relocating to Detroit after the war, Murdock was homeless and destitute. He never gave up though and eventually balled out of control.

In 1978, he acquired control of International Mining. In early 1980s, he became the largest shareholder in Occidental Petroleum.

Jobs was an American businessman, designer and inventor. He is best known as the co-founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Apple Inc. Following high school graduation in 1972, Jobs enrolled at Reed College in Portland, Oregon. Reed was an expensive college which Paul and Clara could ill afford. They were spending much of their life savings on their son’s higher education.

Jobs dropped out of college after six months and spent the next 18 months dropping in on creative classes, including a course on calligraphy.

He continued auditing classes at Reed while sleeping on the floor in friends’ dorm rooms, returning Coke bottles for food money, and getting weekly free meals at the local Hare Krishna temple.

He then made butt loads of money sucking black gold from the ground using a really long bendy straw. True story.

Net worth: US$392-663.4 billion at the time of his death (adjusted for inflation)

Howard was an American business magnate, investor, aviator, engineer, film producer, director, and philanthropist. He was one of the wealthiest people in the world. He gained prominence from the late 1920s as a maverick film producer, making big-budget and often controversial films like The Racket (1928), Hell’s Angels (1930), Scarface (1932), and The Outlaw (1943) Hughes dropped out of shortly after his father’s death.

Who ask u ovasabi. Na me knw pass are u tryin to compare these guys na to davido. Pls dnt fill this place with ur irrelevant research. Mtchewwwwwwwww. Dem dey talk about davido u dey talk about ple wen fit buy davido papa
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by colombiana: 3:16pm On Feb 27, 2013
legacy_systems:

Fun Fact: According to a recent report from Cambridge, Mass.-based Forrester Research, 20% of America’s millionaires never attended colle
1. Bill Gates

2. Mark Zuckerburg

3. Lawrence Ellison

4. Michael Dell

5. Marc Rich

6. Ty Warner

7. Sheldon Adelson

8. Kirk Kerkorian

9. Donald Newhouse

10. Micky Arison

11. David Geffen

13. Ted Turner

15. Jack Taylor

Who ask u ovasabi. Na me knw pass are u tryin to compare these guys na to davido. Pls dnt fill this place with ur irrelevant research. Mtchewwwwwwwww. Dem dey talk about davido u dey talk about ple wen fit buy the whole of naija entertainment industry. Aproko
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Bryancrox(m): 3:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hu nor qet money qo dey pray make dis world end.See as dis kids dey enjoy,ni make i dey hustle so dat my children qo bubble for future...Na double double o,Davido nor mis dis opportunity oo
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by legacysystems2(f): 3:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
folahann:

Please, count how many Nigerians are in that list. Let me also know the number of Africans in it

Michael Ibru
Michael Ibru (1931) is a prominent Nigerian businessman from Agbarha-Otor, Delta State. He is the head of the Ibru Organization, one of the largest conglomerates in Nigeria. (Sheraton, Guardian Newspapers, Aero Contractors, etc ...

Michael Ibru attended Igbobi College, and acquired a school certificate in 1951.

Hope this answers your question

[size=18pt]Here is more[/size]
David Plouffe

Plouffe left the University of Delaware in 1989 to pursue a full-time career in politics. He later went back and completed his full undergraduate degree in May 2010. He is known today as the senior advisor to President Barack Obama.

Tiger Woods

Woods dropped out of Stanford University after two years to start a sports career as a professional golfer.

Natasha Bedingfield

Bedingfield dropped out of the University of Greenwich after one year to focus on singing and songwriting. Her album, Unwritten, debuted at #1 in England.

Madonna

Madonna dropped out of University of Michigan to pursue a career in dance. Today she is one of the world's top-selling female recording artists of all time according to The Guinness Book of World Records.

Kanye West

West dropped out of Chicago State University to focus on his music career. He is now a famous rapper (and Kim Kardashian's boyfriend) and runs his own label, GOOD Music. Never one to shy away from his past or to dodge controversy, West owned his decision, calling his debut album

Oprah Winfrey

Winfrey dropped out of Tennessee State University in 1972. Then she became anchor of WTFV-TV and focused on her career. She finished her degree in 1987. She is known for her successful self-titled talk show, her magazine, her own television channel and a leading global philanthropist.

Lady Gaga

Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta (her legal name) dropped out of New York University's Tisch School of the Arts after her freshman year to shock the world and grow her legion of monsters
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Soso990240(m): 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2013
Afam4eva: Rubbish!!!

Why should Babcock allow davido's father to build a department just for his son. If he wants to show that he has money then he should homeschool him and pay lectureres to lecture him at home.
u ar nt a lecturer in babcock uni.,so wots ur stress,abi u de jealous?
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
jackbauersballs:

And who told you I went to University?

I can bet my left testicle that if we were to expose ourselves to the public right now, I'm in a far better position than you can hope to attain in life.

Miscreant!
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 27, 2013
ufotuko: if na by certificate I suppose get money pass bill gate because bill gate do not have a university degree.oya talk
na by force?
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by seunajia: 3:45pm On Feb 27, 2013
colombiana:
Who ask u ovasabi. Na me knw pass are u tryin to compare these guys na to davido. Pls dnt fill this place with ur irrelevant research. Mtchewwwwwwwww. Dem dey talk about davido u dey talk about ple wen fit buy the whole of naija entertainment industry. Aproko

You need to be shot! You had to quote that long arze article twice because?

cry
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 27, 2013
R2bees: na by force?
lol
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by moshoodn(m): 3:52pm On Feb 27, 2013
Let him go to school...
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Ogegod87: 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2013
[quote
author=Afam4eva]Rubbish!!!

Why should Babcock allow davido's father to build a department just for
his son. If he wants to show that he has money then he should homeschool
him and pay lectureres to lecture him at home.[/quote]

or beta stil, send abraod 2 study.
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
I know the lazies will come here and say school is a waste of time and not necessary. No, it's not. Maybe certificates are a waste of time. But how will companies know the individual's capability without a certificate? Note a common trend among all these IT geniuses like Gates, Jobs, Dell, Larry Page, Zuckerberg etc. They were all enrolled in Ivy league schools and were mostly involved in technology research from their junior years. They didn't follow the regular curriculum. They learnt wat they needed, dropped out of school and put what the learnt into action. They also all made network with other intelligent IT geniuses that help them actualize their ideas. Finally, they also were attending Ivy league schools (which means they were not dull). So anytime you want to speak against formal education, also remember that these people drew a lot out from the quality of the professors in the schools they attended, the research facilities available and networking with the other students there.
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by Symphony007: 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
Sadly this is the presedence being set by artiste today and kids are watching. Education now plays second fiddle to music!!!
Re: You Must Get A Degree"- Davido's Father Insists by deviduff(m): 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2013
seunajia:

You need to be shot! You had to quote that long arze article twice because?

cry
Shot? He should be beaten to death and burnt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tekno Gifts A Twitter User N500k / Kanye West Announces 30 Day "Verbal Fast": No Speaking & No Sex / Professional Opera Singer Kimmy Skota Of SA Gets Delivered In The SCOAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.