Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,359 members, 7,860,959 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:52 PM

"Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." (902 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Illuminati Died In 1785. I Am Suprised Some People Still Believe It Exists Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." by Rhymeyjohn: 4:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
From Ray: I have a question for you Melissa. Please take a moment to carefully think of the implications before you answer. You said that you "used to be a Christian." So are you therefore saying that you knew the Lord. Is that correct?—because that’s the biblical definition of a Christian—to know the Lord. The answer creates a dilemma for someone who believes that she is an atheist. If you answer "Yes," then you are admitting, as a professing atheist, that God does exist. So you are forced to default to "I thought I did, But I didn't." So you didn't know the Lord. You were never a Christian. You had a false conversion. You are not alone. Millions have had false conversions and they sit in churches faking it. The Bible calls them goats among the sheep (goats in Israel can’t be easily distinguished from sheep). You, however, like many other false converts didn't stay among Christians and fake it for too long. You left the church, and became inoculated against the Christianity that you believe didn’t deliver its promises. Almost all in this category are the tragic result of a false gospel and they, like you, have been immunized against the truth.... you fell into deception,
ray comfort's response to an atheist. It reveals the delusion and hypocrisy of any one who says,'he/she was a christian and later became an athiest because "he/she can think out of the box."

1 Like

Re: "Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 27, 2013
I think you n ray comfort are the deluded ones here.So,if a very true,fervent christian you knew later becomes an atheist or something other than christian,your most 'reasonable' explanation is to say he never was a christian,even though you were so sure as he was that he was a child of god before he seceded from christianity? What hypocritical irrationality! This is some real crude BS!
Re: "Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." by Kay17: 8:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
Yea, an atheist "knew" the Lord, that doesn't imply an acknowledgement of God's existence rather an understanding of the concept God/Lord.
Re: "Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." by Rhymeyjohn: 9:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
To know and to acknowledge, any difference? you need to be cautious before making some assertions, do you understand the meaning of the word 'knew?' can you 'know' some one and later claim the person dosent exist? Its delusion to answer 'yea.'
Re: "Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." by Kay17: 5:10am On Feb 28, 2013
"Know" is interchangeable with "understand". You can understand concepts like Zero, and abstracts like Perfect Good, COntradictions, etc.
Re: "Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." by Rhymeyjohn: 10:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
Atheism is a mirage at its best, mental and philosophical delusion at its worse. An atheist is some one who wants to escape the reality of being held accountable for his actions. Its a state of mental ease from the guilt of a God who would hold them for their actions. No wonder the bible says,'the fool has said in his heart there is no God,they are corrupt, they have done abominable, there, there is none that doeth good God, they are corrupt, they have done abominable, there, there is none that doeth good

1 Like

Re: "Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." by Kay17: 10:49pm On Feb 28, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: Atheism is a mirage at its best, mental and philosophical delusion at its worse. An atheist is some one who wants to escape the reality of being held accountable for his actions. Its a state of mental ease from the guilt of a God who would hold them for their actions. No wonder the bible says,'the fool has said in his heart there is no God,they are corrupt, they have done abominable, there, there is none that doeth good God, they are corrupt, they have done abominable, there, there is none that doeth good

Ok.

BUT for the meantime, Ray Comfort's definition if well thought of, does cover atheists who were formerly christians.
Re: "Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." by engrtee(f): 11:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
Atheist are confused entity
Re: "Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." by Kay17: 11:35pm On Feb 28, 2013
^^

The atheist is a big threat to the faithful, it reminds him of the frailty of his faith, reminds the faithful that some men live beyond a Christian's necessity to be saved.

My Question to you if God is incomprehensible, who are thou worshipping?
Re: "Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." by wirinet(m): 11:45pm On Feb 28, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: Atheism is a mirage at its best, mental and philosophical delusion at its worse. An atheist is some one who wants to escape the reality of being held accountable for his actions. Its a state of mental ease from the guilt of a God who would hold them for their actions. No wonder the bible says,'the fool has said in his heart there is no God,they are corrupt, they have done abominable, there, there is none that doeth good God, they are corrupt, they have done abominable, there, there is none that doeth good

Your post above is an excellent description, but not of atheist but of fundamentalist religious Christians and Muslims. In fact it is opposite of atheist characteristics.

It is the religious that is mentally and philosophically deluded, they live in an alternative universe, where reason and logic breaks down. In fact the fundamentalist borders on schrizomania, as they speak, talk to and hear from God, demon, devil, Jesus, Mary and a host of other imaginary friends.

It is the religious that refused to be held accountable for their action, they blame the devil, demons, witches, etc, for their transgressions. Then they wipe their conscience clean by asking Jesus for forgiveness (not the person the transgressed against) and are free to continue to sin and ask for forgiveness once again. The atheist on the other hand takes responsibility for his/her failing and attempts to make amends.

So just by dis-believing in your God, the atheist is corrupt (more than born again corrupt politicians), done abominable things (more abominable than child abusing priests) and is not capable of charity works. So since atheist are so vile and disgusting to you, what do you recommend be done to them; kill them all or imprison them, so they cannot continue to commit corrupt and abominable things.
Re: "Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." by Nobody: 3:53am On Mar 01, 2013
^^^
This should do, but sadly I'm reminded of a quote from the House series: "if you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people"
Re: "Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." by Rhymeyjohn: 8:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
@wirinet,my post wasnt against the personality of an atheist,but a characteristics of a group, sorry if i sounded derogatory, very sorry.Back to topic, your reponse faces the christian more than the general theist,Jesus,mary,e.t.c. If christianity is philosopical delusion as you asserted, why not become an 'antichristian'. The topic reveals the folly of some one who claimed to be a christian and suddenly reverts to say the God he knew never existed. Its an higher degree of what ever mental delusion you attach to the christian faith.
Re: "Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." by Rhymeyjohn: 8:37pm On Mar 01, 2013
To add, theres nothing like 'born again corrupt politicians'. An atheist is a bonafide citizen of his secular country, why should he be killed or imprisoned for his lifes choices. I would not agree with that. The purpose of this post is to debunk the idea that atheism is 'thinking outside the box' hence synonymous with intellectual excellence. Rather its an opium of the religiously derange fellow, who got tired of 'the God thing' because religion (not righteousness) did not deliver on its supposed promises.
Re: "Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." by Rhymeyjohn: 2:36pm On Jul 11, 2013
Atheism and christianity are two sides of a divide. Just like a young adult, after growing to know his/her freedom as a adult suddenly proclaims, I HAVE NO PARENTS, I DROPPED FROM THE SKY AND I CAN PROVE IT such is the claim of one who says i used to be a christian, but not an atheist

(1) (Reply)

Users Of Chelsea Club Uniform (free Ticket To Hell) / The DELIVERER / UK-based Nigerian Tackles Church Over Marriage Breakdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.