Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

The DELIVERER - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The DELIVERER (894 Views)

Daily Grace Capsule | Wed.20th.may.2015 | Thou Father, My Deliverer! (wordfare) / The Great Deliverer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The DELIVERER by tmamuda(m): 10:21am On Jan 05, 2014
An article by a well known newspaper columist writes, I don't claim to be a christian, but I'm not an agnostic or an atheist. An atheist says there is no God, I believe there is One. The agnostic says there may be a God, he doesn't know, I believe there is.
"I don't believe everything just happened into being, I believe some supreme Being created everything, but what hinder me from being a christian is what I hear preachers saying, I'm confused because they say God is running everything. And if He is, He sure has things in a mess."
Then the man alluded to wars, children being killed, poverty, sickness and disease. "I believe that there is a supreme Being somewhere and that everything He made was beautiful and good. I just can't believe those things are work of God."

People accuse God of accidents, sickness, and death of loved ones. People also blame God for the storms, catastrophes, earthquakes and flood that occur. Even insurance polices called these "Acts of God." Is God the author of these things? No, they are not acts of God. They are acts of the devil. Their author is satan.
It is difficult for people to understand that most of the laws governing this earth today came into being through the fall of man. When Adam sinned and the cursed came upon the earth and satan became the god of this world. (Genesis 3)
The book of Genesis chapter One tells how God created the earth and God saw that it was good(Genesis 1:1-25). God made the world and the fullness therefore(Psalm 89:11)
Then the creation of Man(Genesis 1:26) Adam was originally the god of this world. He(God) said to Adam, "I give you the authority to rule this earth, You are the one who dominates it." (Genesis 1:28)
Adam committed a high treason and sold us out to the devil when he sinned. He didn't have the moral right to do it, but he had the legal right, because the earth was His- God put it into his hands. And the Bible tell us that now satan is the god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4). When did satan became the god of this world? After Adam sinned. The devil also confined the world is his during the temptation of Jesus (Matthew 4:8-9). We also read in Job, how the devil display his power on earth (Job chapter 1 & 2). When satan is finally eliminated from the earth, there will be nothing that will hurt or destroy.

Acts 10:38
38. How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with Holy Ghost and with power; who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil ...

Jesus healed all that were oppressed of the devil. A L L. That means everyone who was healed under Jesus ministry was oppressed of the devil. In other words, the devil had something to do with their sickness since the earth is his. That doesn't mean an evil spirit was always present but the devil was behind the whole situation. They were oppressed of the devil everyone of them.

Luke 13:16
16. And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham whom satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bound on the sabbath day?

To be cntinued
Re: The DELIVERER by Finland(m): 10:26am On Jan 05, 2014
What's the bottom line of this thread?
Re: The DELIVERER by tmamuda(m): 11:46am On Jan 05, 2014
This woman had a spirit of infirmity (Luke 13:11-16). Where did the spirit of infirmity come from? "... Whom SATAN HATH BOUND ..." It comes from the devil. One reason Jesus declared this woman should be loosed from this infirmity is that satan hath bound her. We know that sickness and diseases are boundage. Praise the Lord! Jesus already paid the price for our redemption in the new covenant. Satan is the oppressor, Jesus is the Delieverer.
Jesus is the healer, He was anointed by God with Holy Ghost and with healing power. Jesus went about doing good. What was the good He did? Healing. So God was healing when Jesus healed. God is in the healing business. God is in the delivering business. And Jesus said,"...the Father that dwelleth in me doeth the works." (John 14:10) Jesus also give the disciples power to do the work which His Father gives.

Mark 16:15,17,18
15. And he(Jesus) said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
17. And these signs shall follow them that believes, in my Name shall they cast out devils ...
18. ...they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Well, if God is the author of sickness, if He did put sickness and disease on people, and if it is His will for some to be sick. Then this statement would be confusing - because Jesus authorized us to lay hands on ALL the sick and said they would recover. Satan is the author of sickness. It's God will to heal his people because healing is in God's redemptive plan. Matthew 8:17, Isaiah 53:4-5, 1 Peter 2:24.

Unless our minds are renewed with the word of God (Bible). We won't understand that satan is the author of everything that destroy, Our thinking will be all wrong. But once our minds are renewed with the word of God (Bible), we will be able to see that Jesus came to redeem us from satan's power and to give us life more abundantly.

John 10:10
10. The thief (devil) cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy; I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

According to John 10:10, anything which kills or destroy is from the enemy (devil). Now, we can plainly say that the accidents, sickness and diseases, storms, flood, and earthquakes that destroy us are from the devil.
A storm had risen on the sea of Galilee and Jesus was in the back of the ship asleep on a pillow. The disciple awoke Him and said, "master, carest thou not that we perish?" they thought they were going down at sea. But Jesus arose and rebuked the wind. He wasn't rebuking something God. He was rebuking something the devil had stirred up. The Bible also tell us that when satan is finally eliminated from the earth, there will be nothing that will hurt or destroy (Isaiah 65:25). That's an Assurance, because the word of God (Bible) is the will of God.
Shalom.

(1) (Reply)

You Are Egiptians, You Are Gods / T B Joshua Proposes ‘anointing Water’ As Cure For Ebola / Christians We Have To Start Praying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.