Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA (2391 Views)

In Cameroon, Two Boys Killed By Boko Haram Suicide Bombers (Graphic Pic) / Cameroon Fires Two Army Officers After Boko Haram raids! / The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
THE KRIBI DEEP-WATER PORT
The Cameroonian Government is eager to kick-off this project because of the country's economic context, marked by the launch of industrial and mining projects (aluminium, bauxite, iron, etc.) which would greatly need a deep-water port for their evacuation. The need to strengthen the capacity to evacuate mining and industrial products called for the design of a port complex architecture with a port comprising various specialized terminals. Its construction will help address the shortcomings of the Douala Port, whose capacity is still limited to vessels of 15 000 tons with a draught of 6 to 7 meters and whose channel should be regularly dredged.
The Kribi port will accommodate huge commercial vessels with a capacity of up to 100 000 tons and a draught of 15 to 16 meters. There are plans to build an ore tanker pier thirty km away from there, in the Lolabé locality. The said pier, through which the iron ore export traffic will transit (35 million tons per annum) will accommodate mineral-transport vessels of 300 000 tons and a draught of 24 meters.
The project also concerns the industrial and tourist areas as well as road and railway, energy and telecommunications infrastructure. These facilities will be deployed on four sites. The State is responsible for the construction of basic infrastructure and the terminals for private investors who will take advantage of the flexible provisions of public-private partnership, to operate these terminals under BOT arrangements.
http://www.businessincameroon.com/real-estate-and-constructions/2701-2958-the-kribi-deep-water-port

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4npp9yHaUa4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTUn9Lgfb7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4STARoEFrkQ
Re: CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 27, 2013
cool cool
EMERGENGE 2035 cool cool

Re: CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA by onila(f): 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2013
2035 grin grin grin grin
Re: CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 27, 2013
onila: 2035 grin grin grin grin

ediat not the port the port will b done in 2014 did you bother read/watch the videos
emergence 2035 is a political slogan by then we will b like south korea cool cool cheesy kiss kiss kiss
Re: CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
I wish Cameroon all the best. hope the revenue goes into development. I also hope that intensive mining doesnt lead to deforestation. The Gods Bless. cool

1 Like

Re: CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 28, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I wish Cameroon all the best. hope the revenue goes into development. I also hope that intensive mining doesnt lead to deforestation. The Gods Bless. cool
THANK YOU MY BROTHER

1 Like

Re: CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA by EkoAtlantic: 9:58pm On Feb 28, 2013
Cameroon oni baje o

3 Likes

Re: CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
Eko Atlantic: Cameroon oni baje o
cheesy grin thank u

1 Like

Re: CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA by EkoAtlantic: 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: cheesy grin thank u

You're welcome.
Seriously! You know the meaning of that?
Re: CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

You're welcome.
Seriously! You know the meaning of that?
nope ,I guess it means something like Cameroon is moving forward, I have seen u posting that on Lagos threads, I know It's Yoruba and has to do with development undecided
Re: CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA by andrewza: 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2013
you do know the larget port in Africa is Durban in SA,the largest ships to have entered Durban harbor are in the region of 230,000 dwt. The port has a total of 59 effective berths excluding those used by fishing vessels and ship repair. A single buoy mooring at Isipingo caters for very large crude carriers (VLCC) that are too large to enter the port.The port of Durban handles the greatest volume of sea-going traffic of any port in southern Africa. For the 2005/06 financial year the port handled a total of 4551 sea-going ships with a gross tonnage of 94,543,236, which was equal to almost 36% of all ports combined.Total tonnage handled by the port (including the calculation for containers) constituted 43,584,358 tonnes of imports, 25,206,730 tonnes of exports and 283,371 tonnes of transhipment cargo.

Last year the combined Durban container terminals handled 1,955,803 TEUs. Containers handled at Durban represented 63% of the total number of containers handled at South African ports.

Extensive ship repair facilities consist of a graving dock divided by two compartments with a total length of 352.04m and a width of 33.52m at the top, split into an inner dock of 138.68m and an outer dock of 206.9m and serviced by up to five electric cranes from 50t to 10t. Bayhead has two general repair quays in addition to several privately operated and fully equipped repair facilities. The port also boasts two floating docks - one operated by the NPA with an overall length of 109m, a width of 23.34m and a displaced lifting capacity of 4500 tonnes, serviced by two 5-tonne capacity cranes. The second floating dock has a lifting capacity of 8500 tonnes.

Richards bay(all so in SA) is the largest coal terminal in the world

so please don't lie. Sa has 3 of the top 10 African ports with Saldanha joining the other two.

http://www.arabiansupplychain.com/article-1064-top-10-africa-ports/1/#.UTDV2zCmjTA
Re: CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 01, 2013
Oya my hater is here, the original title was in the west Africa coast. And It's well explained in the videos. The title tho I don't know who edited it is just an attention getter. Don't b daft. By the way I need u here----> https://www.nairaland.com/1211240/handwriting-contest/4#14551524
Re: CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA by andrewza: 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Oya my hater is here, the original title was in the west Africa coast. And It's well explained in the videos. The title tho I don't know who edited it is just an attention getter. Don't b daft. By the way I need u here----> https://www.nairaland.com/1211240/handwriting-contest/4#14551524

Ok i will give you that it is the biggest in west africa
Re: CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
^ ours will b bigger than yours anyway. We rock angry angry
Re: CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA by andrewza: 5:36pm On Mar 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ^ ours will b bigger than yours anyway. We rock angry angry

nope look at number of berths.

(1) (Reply)

(video) Russia destroys Nato Jet Fighter & Helicopter sent To Help Ukraine / Their God Changes The Path Of Our Rockets In Mid-air" - A Palestinian Soldier .. / Russia Vs Israel, Who Will Win In An All Out War?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.