Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,919 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood (22484 Views)

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary / Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Eileen111111: 1:12am On Mar 11, 2013
Here is more evidence that Jesus is God. "Why then, said Isaias, listen to me, you that are of David’s race. Cannot you be content with trying the patience of men? Must you try my God’s patience too? 14 Sign you ask none, but sign the Lord will give you. Maid shall be with child, and shall bear a son,[3] that shall be called Emmanuel." (Isaiah 7:13-14)

Emmanuel means "God with us."

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Eileen111111: 2:08am On Mar 11, 2013
You wrote, "Deluded agreement. I see why you guys sheepishly follow your priest on both true and false doctrine."

My response:
Aren't sheep what Jesus called His followers? I'm happy to be a sheep! No one can enter Heaven without the virtue of obedience. BECAUSE THE ANGEL LOCKED ADAM AND EVE OUT OF PARADISE AFTER THEY DISOBEYED GOD AND DID SO AS A RESULT OF THEIR SIN OF PRIDE (produced by self-love), THEN THE KEYS THAT UNLOCK THE GATE OF HEAVEN ARE THE OPPOSITE VIRTUES OF OBEDIENCE AND HUMILITY. Perfect obedience was found in Jesus who hastened to his humiliating death on the cross. No one can enter heaven without obedience - not only to God, but also to those God put in authority over us, such as teachers, parents, police officers, government leaders and even religious authorities (as long as they don't order us to commit sins).

To whom did Jesus give the keys that unlock the gates of Heaven? St. Peter! Jesus said to Peter (whose name means "rock"wink: "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hell will not overcome it."(Matthew 16:18) This passage would not make sense if Jesus meant that Peter's authority were to die with him. So Catholics believe that Jesus intended for Peter's successors - the popes who followed Peter - should replace him as Jesus' vicar.

That is why Catholics obey the pope and the bishops who are in union with him. We believe that before Jesus died, he left St. Peter (and by implication, his successors) as His vicar on earth and gave Him authority to lead the Church. We believe we are all obligated to obey the pope until death. That is why we submit to the Catholic Church's interpretation of the Bible, which is a Catholic book. It is the Church that put together the chapters of the Bible. Catholic bishops (the apostles) wrote the New Testament. Therefore, only the Church can interpret it.

By contrast, when Protestants rely on themselves interpret the Bible, you get as many interpretations as there are Protestants.

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Ubenedictus(m): 7:12am On Mar 11, 2013
Eileen111111: You said, "So you now agree that Jesus did not create Mary but just her son. Have you forgotten how you are busy quoting that Jesus created all things to support the defeated trinity doctrine."

My response
I did not say that "Jesus did not create Mary but just her son." God created Mary, as he created all creatures, the heavens and the earth. It is possible for Mary to give birth to her Creator. The Bible says, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:16) Nothing is an obstacle for God.

Also read the Angel Gabriel's words to Mary, "And behold, Elizabeth, your relative, has also conceived* a son in her old age, and this is the sixth month for her who was called barren; for nothing will be impossible for God." (Luke 1:36-37)
hi eileen11, i think repeating people's posts is a bit burdensome. Please use the quote botton after the post instead of repeating them.
Great answers though.
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Boomark(m): 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ubenedictus: u are reading what isnt there. mary gave birth to her creator is dat hard for u to understand?? as 4 spouse, i'll like to ask u a question, who is responsible for mary's pregnancy

God. Yes! God is responsible for Marys pregnancy. He chose to use mary and buy his Power(the holy spirit, the spirit of creation) mary got pregnant. Spouse means husband/wife. the holy spirit is not marys husband, JOSEPH is. Joseph is the person mary married to. Gods power acted in mary.

This is why an still saying that catholics are deciding for God what should be or what He has done. if i ask you for proof that the holy spirit is marys husband, you will start counting nairaland ceiling for me. the same holy spirit came upon the apostles. he was never their husband and wife.
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Boomark(m): 7:30pm On Mar 11, 2013
Trinity Debunked

@Eileen

Go there and learn about the true God. You focus on one thing at a time. thats how i do mine. if i learn one i move to another.
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Eileen111111: 11:25pm On Mar 12, 2013
Boomark:

God. Yes! God is responsible for Marys pregnancy. He chose to use mary and buy his Power(the holy spirit, the spirit of creation) mary got pregnant. Spouse means husband/wife. the holy spirit is not marys husband, JOSEPH is. Joseph is the person mary married to. Gods power acted in mary.

This is why an still saying that catholics are deciding for God what should be or what He has done. if i ask you for proof that the holy spirit is marys husband, you will start counting nairaland ceiling for me. the same holy spirit came upon the apostles. he was never their husband and wife.

My response: It is true the same Holy Spirit came upon the apostles that overshadowed Mary. But the purpose was obviously different. It would be absurd to argue the purpose of Holy Spirit's descent on the apostles was to cause those men to conceive children! (I will discuss the Holy Spirit's purposes further below.)

Remember that the angel Gabriel told Mary, “The holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God." (Luke 1:35) In saying this, the angel was declaring to Mary that God would enter into a marital relationship with her, causing her to conceive His Son in her womb, For "to lay one's power over a woman" was a euphemism for "to have a marital relationship with her." Likewise "to overshadow" (Lk 1:35) by spreading the "wing" or "cloak" over a woman was another euphemism for marital relations. Did not the Lord say to His bride Israel: "I am married to you" (Jr 3:14) and "your Maker is your husband"? (Is 54-5:5; Jr 31:32)? And what is more intimate than what the Lord said to His bride: "You developed, you grew, you came to full womanhood; your breasts became firm and your hair grew... you were naked... and I saw that you were now old enough for love so I spread my cloak over you... I gave you My oath, I entered into a covenant with you and you became Mine, says the Lord God" (Ezk 16:7, cool.

St. Joseph legally married Mary, but tradition witnessed by old works of art retain the belief that he was a very old man at the time of his marriage to her. The marriage was never consummated. A marriage is not fully a marriage unless it is consummated. Mary conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit. They had a mystical marriage, a mystical bond. Mary made it clear she was a virgin and had no intention of ever "knowing man." She revealed this when she said, “How can this be, since I have no relations with a man?” (Luke 1:34)

St. Joseph was the foster father of Jesus, not His biological father.

One reason the Holy Spirit came upon them was to give the apostles teaching authority. The apostles were Catholic bishops. They were the authors of the New Testament.

A 2nd reason for sending them the Holy Spirit was to give the apostles the Spirit of Truth so they could lead His Church. Jesus said, "When He, the Spirit of Truth comes, He will lead you into all truth." Jesus promised St. Peter, the first pope, to whom He gave the keys that unlock the gates of heaven: "And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it." (Matthew 16:18) So Catholics have God's promise that Satan and his demons will never prevail against the Catholic Church. GOD, THEREFORE PRESERVES HIS POPE FROM ERROR WHEN HE SPEAKS ON MATTERS OF FAITH AND MORALS ONLY. Not science, engineering, mathematics, architecture, etc.

Jesus said to Peter and the Twelve, especially in the words recorded in Matthew 16:19:to Peter alone: "Whatever you shall bind on earth, shall be bound also in heaven, and whatever you shall loose on earth, shall be loosed also in Heaven. For those words, binding and loosing, were well known in the teaching of the rabbis of the time. Their usual meaning was to impose or
remove an obligation by an authoritative decision or teaching. These words of Mt 16:19 were repeated to all what seems to be the twelve in Matthew 18:18. That they were not meant for all disciples but just for the Apostles is confirmed by Mt 28:16-29, explicitly to the Twelve. Earlier, at the Last Supper, in John 13:20 Jesus said to the Twelve: "Amen, amen I say to you, he who receives the one I send, receives me; he who receives me, receives the One who sent me."

A third purpose was to give His apostles authority to forgive sins. "[Jesus] said to them again, 'Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.' And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, 'Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained.'” (John 20:22-23)

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Ubenedictus(m): 12:33am On Mar 13, 2013
Boomark:

interesting, by the working of the holyspirit a young lady became pregnant. I believe i'm justified to call him her spouse.
I rest my case.
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Ubenedictus(m): 12:40am On Mar 13, 2013
Eileen111111:
My response: It is true the same Holy Spirit came upon the apostles that overshadowed Mary. But the purpose was obviously different. It would be absurd to argue the purpose of Holy Spirit's descent on the apostles was to cause those men to conceive children! (I will discuss the Holy Spirit's purposes further below.)

Remember that the angel Gabriel told Mary, “The holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God." (Luke 1:35) In saying this, the angel was declaring to Mary that God would enter into a marital relationship with her, causing her to conceive His Son in her womb, For "to lay one's power over a woman" was a euphemism for "to have a marital relationship with her." Likewise "to overshadow" (Lk 1:35) by spreading the "wing" or "cloak" over a woman was another euphemism for marital relations. Did not the Lord say to His bride Israel: "I am married to you" (Jr 3:14) and "your Maker is your husband"? (Is 54-5:5; Jr 31:32)? And what is more intimate than what the Lord said to His bride: "You developed, you grew, you came to full womanhood; your breasts became firm and your hair grew... you were naked... and I saw that you were now old enough for love so I spread my cloak over you... I gave you My oath, I entered into a covenant with you and you became Mine, says the Lord God" (Ezk 16:7, cool.
a very solid response. I'm just surprised it seems have never read ezekiel 16 before. Really interesting.

St. Joseph legally married Mary, but tradition witnessed by old works of art retain the belief that he was a very old man at the time of his marriage to her. The marriage was never consummated. A marriage is not fully a marriage unless it is consummated. Mary conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit. They had a mystical marriage, a mystical bond. Mary made it clear she was a virgin and had no intention of ever "knowing man." She revealed this when she said, “How can this be, since I have no relations with a man?” (Luke 1:34)

St. Joseph was the foster father of Jesus, not His biological father.

One reason the Holy Spirit came upon them was to give the apostles teaching authority. The apostles were Catholic bishops. They were the authors of the New Testament.

A 2nd reason for sending them the Holy Spirit was to give the apostles the Spirit of Truth so they could lead His Church. Jesus said, "When He, the Spirit of Truth comes, He will lead you into all truth." Jesus promised St. Peter, the first pope, to whom He gave the keys that unlock the gates of heaven: "And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it." (Matthew 16:18) So Catholics have God's promise that Satan and his demons will never prevail against the Catholic Church. GOD, THEREFORE PRESERVES HIS POPE FROM ERROR WHEN HE SPEAKS ON MATTERS OF FAITH AND MORALS ONLY. Not science, engineering, mathematics, architecture, etc.

Jesus said to Peter and the Twelve, especially in the words recorded in Matthew 16:19:to Peter alone: "Whatever you shall bind on earth, shall be bound also in heaven, and whatever you shall loose on earth, shall be loosed also in Heaven. For those words, binding and loosing, were well known in the teaching of the rabbis of the time. Their usual meaning was to impose or
remove an obligation by an authoritative decision or teaching. These words of Mt 16:19 were repeated to all what seems to be the twelve in Matthew 18:18. That they were not meant for all disciples but just for the Apostles is confirmed by Mt 28:16-29, explicitly to the Twelve. Earlier, at the Last Supper, in John 13:20 Jesus said to the Twelve: "Amen, amen I say to you, he who receives the one I send, receives me; he who receives me, receives the One who sent me."

A third purpose was to give His apostles authority to forgive sins. "[Jesus] said to them again, 'Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.' And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, 'Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained.'” (John 20:22-23)
amen!

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Ikechukwu5: 11:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
That reminds me,about the year of our Lord 1966AD,an apparition took place at Assumpta Cathedral Owerri.At the thick of sermon the virgin mary statue outside the dome shed tears.The weeping was ceaseless such that the reverend priest in-charge in the company of the congregation wiped the tears with the help of handkerchief.At the same moment seven moons appeared on the sky.The reverend father became helpless. He announced to the faithful that there was an impending catastrophe.unfortunately this turned out to be the Nigerian civil war. May God Almighty help us.I just hope this latest speculation shall not spell doom

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Vansnickers: 11:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
What is happening to Africa?! What dumb@ss will believe this Crap?
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by MiloRambaldi(m): 11:57am On Jul 23, 2013
winzy: At a village in nkwo nike,Enugu, the statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the grotto cried out blood after a child that She always appear to went to her and asked for proof that it is real(Her apparations),the boy fainted after. He saw that....its true oo, pictures of the weeping Mother coming soon

"A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah." Jesus then left them and went away." -- Matthew 16:4.

What's with this idolatory?

Psalm 135:15-18: "The idols of the nations are silver and gold,made by human hands. They have mouths, but cannot speak, eyes, but cannot see. They have ears, but cannot hear,nor is there breath in their mouths. Those who make them will be like them, and so will all who trust in them. "

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apostle S.S. Aderibigbe 2019 Prophecies: '1 Governor, 4 Senators Will Die’ / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? / Pastor Sam Adeyemi And Wife Share Selfie At 'EMERGE' Hosted By Pastor Adefarasin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.