Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,916 members, 7,824,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood (22497 Views)

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary / Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by giditrend: 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2013
U guys ÀrÉ still deceiving the world with suÇh crÁbs gosh image can't move or funÇtion as normal humans aÑd they are mÀn made so Bleep the Ímage with thÉ blood .....
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Boomark(m): 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2013
Ubenedictus: U are trying to ease me back into d discussion, i'll oblige u. really?

Yea!!

if u are speaking in d sense in which i'm understanding then i don't disagree with d above, mary isn't the mediator of d new covenant an thus she isn't THE way, she is simply like other xtians, like me, showing people dat this is Jesus and telling dem to "do what he tell u" (jn 2:5).

Mary is not the way, she is not the mediator of the new covenant. Why then do you ask her to pray for you when the Lord has given you the privilege to come to him? That amounts to ignoring his call.

did u hear me mention dead people in d passage i quoted? I'll like to see ur list of what d saints can't do.

Ok o.
1 the saints never made an image of Jesus, kneeling or bowing before it.

2 they never made an image of Mary, neither did they bow nor kneel before it.

3 they never prayed to Mary to pray to Jesus for them.

With this plenty list of mine, i think i have done a great work in showing you a little of what the saints never did.

P.S. About the image, i have seen so many man made Mary images where the artist use Red paint to indicate that she is sheding blood. It is not a new thing.
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Delafruita(m): 10:15pm On Mar 03, 2013
christians and their plenty wahala
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Ubenedictus(m): 1:16am On Mar 04, 2013
Boomark:
Yea!!
hehehehe, i'll let this slide.

Mary is not the way, she is not the mediator of the new covenant. Why then do you ask her to pray for you when the Lord has given you the privilege to come to him? That amounts to ignoring his call.
i thought u took time to study d passage i so painstaking posted earlier, clearly u didnt. What did d passage say? It say those of the new covenant have access to or rather are on d spiritual mont zion, a heavenly gathering!
I want u to understand one thing, i DONOT ask for mary's intercession INSTEAD OF going directly to God through christ, instead my been a xtian opens a new horizon for me, through christ who mediates d new covenant i now have access to God and all in "GOD's family". I donot ask for intecession instead of.... No! I go to God thru christ in d fellowship of d saints. The fellowship with d saints isn't a detour road no! My bible says it is d main road, i'm not at mont horeb seeing alone a mediator (moses) and some smoke and light (figures used by God), instead i'm on zion with God d fada, the mediator (JESUS), and d saints in heaven(paul, john, peter mary etc) and d saints on earth (me, etc). Infact im in christ and Thru christ i have access to d fellowship of d saints. I'm not bypassing christ, instead i'm keying into christ just as dat bible passage bear witness. I just dont understand how manage u dont understand dat truth. U are just missing a dynamic part of d covenant.

Ok o.
1 the saints never made an image of Jesus, kneeling or bowing before it.
2 they never made an image of Mary, neither did they bow nor kneel before it.
3 they never prayed to Mary to pray to Jesus for them.
With this plenty list of mine, i think i have done a great work in showing you a little of what the saints never did.
i'll keep this list for now, when we conclude d above discussion i'll bring dis list out and respond to it.
P.S. About the image, i have seen so many man made Mary images where the artist use Red paint to indicate that she is sheding blood. It is not a new thing.
this one isn't red paint, it as been occuring round d world shedding tears, milk or blood. The blood d statue wept was tested by d diocese of onitcha, it is real blood, i can't remember d blood group but d genotype is AA.

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by tomcoll67: 2:44am On Mar 04, 2013
I have one question to those who are so evil minded about the Blessed Mother Mary.
If someone said this about your mother what would you do to them?
God made the 10 commandments. Jesus said He did not come to change the law but to fulfill it. There is a commandment to Honor your father and mother. Jesus as soon as He was concieved was bound by this law. Therefore He Honors his Mother. He gave Her to us as our Mother so Jesus expects us to honor Her. I pray (seriously) for all those who speak so evilly about Her as she is always and unconditionally pointing to Jesus. As a catholic I/we honor the Blessed Mother, not worship. Be glad she is our mother, because only a mother would still be praying for and helping those who act so evilly against her and her son.
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Boomark(m): 10:46am On Mar 04, 2013
tomcoll67: I have one question to those who are so evil minded about the Blessed Mother Mary.
If someone said this about your mother what would you do to them?
God made the 10 commandments. Jesus said He did not come to change the law but to fulfill it. There is a commandment to Honor your father and mother. Jesus as soon as He was concieved was bound by this law. Therefore He Honors his Mother. He gave Her to us as our Mother so Jesus expects us to honor Her. I pray (seriously) for all those who speak so evilly about Her as she is always and unconditionally pointing to Jesus. As a catholic I/we honor the Blessed Mother, not worship. Be glad she is our mother, because only a mother would still be praying for and helping those who act so evilly against her and her son.

Wanting to honour her has led you into idol worship unknowingly.

Ask yourself. Did Jesus dishonour Mary in anyway. How about the apostles? Who among them did not honour her?

Then how many of them including Jesus made her image and bow before it just to honour? How many of the apostles sat at her feet to honour her and make prayer request?

Mary is for all of us. What catholics own is an unknown image attributed to her which they use as prayer aid. A very wrong practice.
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by johnnylap: 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
As Catholics..we honor Mary as the Mother of God..we also honor as our heavenly mother and our Queen.As the Commandment Honor thy mother and thy father..we have an earthly mother and an earthly father..but we also have God as our Father and Mary as our Mother in heaven given to us from Christ on the cross when He said son..Behold thy mother.All of you protestants who love to quote the bible do so periliessly.As the Bible was put together by the Catholic Church..it is by the Churches authority that you have the books in it that you misquote.What is protestantism?It is a ball of confusion..thousands of contradictory sects all claiming to know how to interpret the bible..you even removed and changed parts of it to fit your comfort zones of theology..something the bible warns against doing.And becasue of your confusion and division we have abortion,contraception and gay marriage as well as a myriad of other sinful laws and lifestyles.Christ formed but one Church which He said will never fall.Like it or not that church is the Catholic Church..which traces it's roots in an unbroken line through the popes back to Peter.The statue bleeds because of the sins of the world..Mary cries for all of her children.However..even the Church does not recognize these incidents unless a great miracle or supernatural phenomom takes place that can not be explained by science.Remember you protestants who supposedly love Jesus so much but are quick to condemn and hate others as well as judge..how you judge..so shall ye be judged..try reading the bible correctly.Try actually learning what Ctholicism is and it's history and it's theology before attacking out of ignorance.You love Jesus but hate His mother or give her no homage for the great thing she has done for you.If someone walks into your house as your friend and ignores your mother how much longer would that person reamin your friend?Look in the bible and read Marys words..she says Do whatever He tells you..and read her Magnificat..her prayer after recieving the message that she was to be the mother of our Lord.read Elizabeths reaction when Mary comes to her..open your eyes.Our faith is a living faith..it is not dead..if God sent angels to deliver messages to man..He can also send His mother..who always points the way to her Son.

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Boomark(m): 1:47pm On Mar 04, 2013
^^You are honouring a man-made statue not Mary.

Haven't you seen where it is commanded that you don't make an image of anything in heaven or on earth nor bow to them. Or don't you know how to interpret that?

If your church is doing the right thing, why would Mary have course to cry not to talk of sheding blood. God always feel pain in His heart when His children (Israelites) starts misbehaving. Otherwise there is joy always in heaven. No pain for outsiders(Edom, Babylon, etc)

Flee from idol worship.

SMH for delusion of the 1st order!!! ;(
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by vkopach: 2:09pm On Mar 04, 2013
There has been many times that statues of Mary have weeped. Scientific test were done on them also. As for why... Today many Catholics along with other members of society have turned away from her Son. Mary in who she is can only reflect her Son, so if she shows herself in images to the world with tears, it is because that the world has turned their back on her son. With all the abortion, euthanasia, those who doubt the existance of heaven, hell and the Holy Spirit, there is alot for her to cry for.

Though a statue may be man-made God can use anything to get His message across, if that is in doubt than we are without faith ( though discernment is also necessary). We as Jesus (as we are told in the 10 Commandments are to honor our mother.
As for those who think it is wrong to honor the images of Jesus or Mary... Who does not put up pictures of family in remebrance? Would this also be wrong?

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by 2sa2: 2:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
johnnylap: As Catholics..we honor Mary as the Mother of God..
She is not the mother of God. She gave birth to Jesus. she is at best a surrogate. All this honouring, worshiping etal, is as a result of lack of knowledge and understanding of the scriptures. Jesus never told his followers to give Mary any special attention as regards honour or worship. Have you catholics even forgotten that Jesus even chastised her one time for looking for him everywhere? she failed to realise that he is on earth for a special mission not to come and do 'mother and son'. Now to the issue of the wedding at cannan, please note that what Mary did there could have been done by anyone else and jesus would have also helped out. All the other miracles done by jesus was mary there to intercede or plead on their behalf?

As regards the statute weeping blood, thats an idol that has been overtaken by demons. Its a weeping Idol. Mary died long ago she has been buried and only God knows where she is now, she could be in heaven or Hell, only God knows.
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by bukatyne(f): 4:00pm On Mar 04, 2013
amypaul: I am a Catholic but I don't believe this, dat Image is not d real Mary in d bible. I only pray for blessed virgin mary's assistance as She did at d wedding In Cana. Dis image is made by man so anything can act through it.
Pray to Jesus directly, you don't need Mary's assistance.
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by bukatyne(f): 4:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
johnnylap: As Catholics..we honor Mary as the Mother of God..we also honor as our heavenly mother and our Queen.As the Commandment Honor thy mother and thy father..we have an earthly mother and an earthly father..but we also have God as our Father and Mary as our Mother in heaven given to us from Christ on the cross when He said son..Behold thy mother.All of you protestants who love to quote the bible do so periliessly.As the Bible was put together by the Catholic Church..it is by the Churches authority that you have the books in it that you misquote.What is protestantism?It is a ball of confusion..thousands of contradictory sects all claiming to know how to interpret the bible..you even removed and changed parts of it to fit your comfort zones of theology..something the bible warns against doing.And becasue of your confusion and division we have abortion,contraception and gay marriage as well as a myriad of other sinful laws and lifestyles.Christ formed but one Church which He said will never fall.Like it or not that church is the Catholic Church..which traces it's roots in an unbroken line through the popes back to Peter.The statue bleeds because of the sins of the world..Mary cries for all of her children.However..even the Church does not recognize these incidents unless a great miracle or supernatural phenomom takes place that can not be explained by science.Remember you protestants who supposedly love Jesus so much but are quick to condemn and hate others as well as judge..how you judge..so shall ye be judged..try reading the bible correctly.Try actually learning what Ctholicism is and it's history and it's theology before attacking out of ignorance.You love Jesus but hate His mother or give her no homage for the great thing she has done for you.If someone walks into your house as your friend and ignores your mother how much longer would that person reamin your friend?Look in the bible and read Marys words..she says Do whatever He tells you..and read her Magnificat..her prayer after recieving the message that she was to be the mother of our Lord.read Elizabeths reaction when Mary comes to her..open your eyes.Our faith is a living faith..it is not dead..if God sent angels to deliver messages to man..He can also send His mother..who always points the way to her Son.
1. Mary is not the mother of GOd (God has no mother)
2. We don't have a heavenly mother else Joseph is our 'heavenly' father. Calling Mary our heavenly mother equates her with God
3. Jesus is our King; how can Mary be our Queen?
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
I support you dear, very brief and sooo onpoint
Acidosis: The "weeping mother" is coming going NOWHERE, sir.

Shes crying blood because you people are subjecting her to serious punishment by worshipping her on earth when y'all ought to repent from your sins and WORSHIP THE ONLY ONE SAVIOUR (No other person) OF THE UNIVERSE - JESUS CHRIST!

[Thats if the pic is not fake]
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by vkopach: 6:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
It is sad that one does not accept that Jesus is God. I n the old testament God's name was not allowed to be said, He was called the Great I Am. In the new testament while Jesus was in front of the Sanhedrian (sp) Jesus stated the 'I Am Who Am'. Jesus, Himself admitting he was God along with may more times did he state that the Father and He are one along with an advocate will be sent when he was gone (the Holy Spirit ) and that they are also one. If Jesus said this with be truthful, then it would be blasphemy against God. Jesus in his own nature is truth and incapable to say something that is not truth or against God.
If Jesus is God, Mary gave birth to Jesus, thus Mary is the mother of God. Joseph took on the step father role to Jesus, for it was through the lineage of Joseph (an ancestor of King David and the prophesy of the Savior coming from this lineage) scripture was fulfilled. It was by the power of the Holy spirit that this virgin, Mary conceived (which also in scripture and the prophesies of the old testament).

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Moyola(f): 8:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
Acidosis: The "weeping mother" is coming going NOWHERE, sir.

Shes crying blood because you people are subjecting her to serious punishment by worshipping her on earth when y'all ought to repent from your sins and WORSHIP THE ONLY ONE SAVIOUR (No other person) OF THE UNIVERSE - JESUS CHRIST!

[Thats if the pic is not fake]

Only GOD THE FATHER/THE CREATOR is to be WORSHIPPED not Jesus Christ.
. . .buh wateva we ask THROUGH JESUS CHRIST shall be done.
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by LOZENGE(m): 9:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
CATHOLICS DONT WORSHIP MARY BUT HONOUR HER.REASON
1) SHE IS THE MORTHER OF GOD( THE 3RD PERSON IN ONE GOD)
2) GOD EXORENRATED HER FROM ORIGINAL SIN COS OF HER PERCULIAR ROLE IN THE SALVATION OF MANKIND WHICH SHE HUMBLE ACCEPTED
3)SHE RAISED THE CHILD JESUS
4)SHE IS THE MEDIATIRX OF ALL GRACE
5)SHE IS THE GREATEST PREACHER ON EARTH, AT THE WEDDING IN CANA WEN SHE SAID "DO WAT EVA HE (JESUS CHRIST) TELLS YOU" THIS DOES NOT JUST IMPLIES TO THE WEDDING ALONE BUT TO ALL THE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST COS SHE KNEW HER SON TOO WELL (COS HE IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE) THAT ANYONE DAT FOLLOWS HIM WILL NT BE LED ASTRAY.
HOW CAN U NCALL URSELF A CHRISTIAN AND INSULT THE MOTHER OF CHRIST WHEREAS CHIRST HIMSELF OBEYED AND LISTENED TO HER THROUGH OUT HIS STAY ON HER?

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Eileen111111: 11:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
Imagine going to a man's house for dinner and completely ignoring his mother. Don't you think he would be highly offended? Do you think that man would invite you to return to his home for dinner?

That's what people do when they completely ignore Christ's mother. St. Louis De Montfort wrote in his book, True Devotion to Mary, that only a reprobate (or someone uninformed) would encourage a child to ignore his or her mother. Consider for a minute how unnatural that is.

Jesus said, "Amen, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3) Little children love their mother. It is a sin to ignore her. It is a sin to persuade others to ignore her. St. Louis de Montfort taught that Jesus CHOSE to come to us through His Mother. He didn't have to do it that way. He wanted it that way. Similarly, the saint said, we need to go to Jesus through His Mother. A mother living on earth doesn't ignore her children. She protects them from all danger, and she intercedes on their behalf. Our heavenly Mother loves us, too.

Jesus invites all people to attend his heavenly Wedding Banquet, the Catholic Mass, but many refuse his invitation because they are too busy or don't care about the Banquet, so he invites the poor and the sick and the disabled instead. He invites us to love His mother as He does. Those who refuse to love her are not imitating Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by mrdrizzy(m): 12:25am On Mar 05, 2013
Acidosis: Btw, how can she be crying because of me?? I don't carry a ceramic image of Mary...
She can only cry through this image for those that carries it about when they ought to face their Lord and personal saviour, Jesus christ...
listen the statue or carving isnt used or meant for worshipping it,its to always remember him/her let me enlighten u!..so ur telling me all block rosaary members in the world(mostly kids) are going to hell becos of what dey believe?

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Eileen111111: 1:00am On Mar 05, 2013
One of the titles that the Catholic Church gives to Mary is "Ark of the Covenant" because, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament which carried the Word of God, Mary carried Jesus, the Word of God, in her womb for 9 months.

The people of Israel greatly revered the Ark of the Covenant. They carried it into their battles. When their enemies stole it from them, they lost their battles. When King David sang and danced before the Ark of the Covenant, Saul's daughter, Michal, despised him in her heart for degrading himself. God punished her for it by making her childless throughout her life. (2 Samuel 6:23)

Do not despise Catholics who revere their Mother, just as the Israelites revered the Ark of the Covenant.

The angel Gabriel was the first to say, "Hail Mary, full of grace, THE LORD IS WITH YOU." When you pray to God, Mary is there. When you pray to Mary and ask her to pray for you, God is there to hear her prayers on your behalf.

Love your Mother, and do not despise those who love her. When you despise those who love her, you are despising the Lord because she carries Him in her womb.

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Eileen111111: 1:14am On Mar 05, 2013
Mr. Drizzy: Does it make sense to you that God would forbid His people to make idols, but then contradict Himself by telling the people to make idols by building statues? He told the Israelites to build the Ark of the Covenant with two angels standing on top of it! God forbids us to make idols out of created things, such as worshiping money, gold or silver. God does not forbid us to make statues. (Exodus 20 and 25)

Do you have photographs of the people you love in your home? Do you carry photographs of the people you love in your wallet? Are photographs of your loved ones idols? Of course not! Are your loved ones pleased when you display photographs of them in your home? Of course they are! God is equally pleased when you display an image of Him or his Mother.

Catholics know that statues of Mary and the saints are inanimate, powerless things that cannot help them. But, praying before a statue helps a person not to be distracted.

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by kerzypreiz: 4:36am On Mar 05, 2013
hmmmmmm. The Lord knows best. Read more of touching stories @ praisetrends..com
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by ayobase(m): 4:54am On Mar 05, 2013
alexleo: This is just a manipulation from the kingdom of darkness to deceive catholics. That nonsense statue is not virgin mary. It is satanic. Away with this nonsense thread.

I'm soooo sorry I have to quote that!

Acidosis, you sure did hit the nail on the head without thinking twice....KUDOS....let's always call a spade what it is when situation warrants!

Peace y'all!
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by ayobase(m): 5:30am On Mar 05, 2013
I don't still understand these Mary's Dramas.

As I don't know how Solomon ended his life, so I don't know how Mary ended her life.

She eventually got married and gave birth to other children. She was just a vessel used by God for the Saviour of the world to be born in Israel.

She would have been Adesewa or Ngozi if she were to be Nigerian.

She would have been Shin Yinx if she were to be Chinese.

She would have been Kate if she were to be American.

Why attaching more importance to the envelope when the LETTER is still there!
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by tomcoll67: 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2013
There is no danger of placing too much importance on Mary as she ALWAYS leads us to her son. She is the only person ever who is daughter to god the Father, Mother to God the Son, Jesus, and spouce to God the Holy Spirit. I know that she interceeds for us and I pray for everyone here to discover that knwoledge not by your own seeking, but throught Her intercession. The Devil HATEs Mary and right now you who are saying catholics worship her are liars and the devil loved those who are not of the truth. I am pleased to infomr you that ONLY the catholic Church has the truth as it is the ONLY church instituted by God(Jesus) Himself and it is really a continuting revelation of the Religion of the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob.
Come back to the Faith and recieve thefullness of Gods embrace. I have always and will always pray for you all(every person who ever has or will live).

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by 2sa2: 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
mr.drizzy:
listen the statue or carving isnt used or meant for worshipping it,its to always remember him/her let me enlighten u!..so ur telling me all block rosaary members in the world(mostly kids) are going to hell becos of what dey believe?
yes they are all going to hll, ignorance is not an excuse.
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Eileen111111: 6:51pm On Mar 05, 2013
Ayobase and Mr. Drizzy: You insult God Himself when you insult His Mother, calling Her a mere "vessel." Read your Bible! She carried Jesus in Her womb for 9 months, and thanks to Her "yes" to God's request, WE ARE SAVED, IN PART, BECAUSE OF HER COOPERATION WITH GOD. Does that sound like a mere "vessel" to you? Do you not feel an ounce of gratitude to your Mother for what She suffered for you? She suffered when She saw Her Son die on the cross so you could be saved!

Even today, She continues to bring Jesus to everyone whose heart is humble and open to receiving Him. Remember, God demanded high standards for the construction of the Ark of the Covenant that the Israelis were to build and which carried the Word of God. Read Exodus 25 where God tells the Israelis how to build the Ark of the Covenant. In the new covenant, Jesus is the Word of God. Mary is the new Ark of the Covenant, and God made her beautiful and perfect in His eyes. Beware when you insult God's Mother. God is merciful. It is His greatest attribute, but He defends His Mother's honor. He is not indifferent to the insults men fling at Her.

Read your Bible and explain to me why Protestants imply that God would contradict Himself by telling the Israelis not to worship idols (Exodus 20), but then tell them to build statues of angels (which you call idols) on the Ark of the Covenant. (Exodus 25) Tell me. You haven't answered my question. Instead, you simply repeated your assertion that having a statue in one's home or church was sinful. You evaded my argument that God does not contradict himself. Why do Protestants contradict God Himself by saying having statues in church is "idol worship"? It is a sin to say that. As a matter of fact, that whole question was settled in the early Church when Eastern emperors in Constantinople were persecuting Christians who dared to argue that statues were pleasing to God. It was considered a heresy to believe that statues were idols.

We Catholics follow the Bible. I bet you didn't know the Bible is a Catholic book. Our bishops (the apostles) wrote the New Testament and selected the authoritative chapters belonging to the Old Testament! (Catholic priests can trace their ordinations to the apostles, but Protestant ministers cannot.) In the 4th century, at the Councils of Hippo and Carthage, the Catholic Church selected the authentic chapters that are included in the Bible. Martin Luther, however, removed those chapters that weren't in accord with his doctrine (i.e. 1 and 2 Maccabees), as if Luther's authority were superior to the successors of the apostles, the bishops of the Catholic Church! The Bible warns in the Book of Revelation that no one should ever change or remove what is said in that book. Luther did it, and you Protestants accept that sinful behavior!

Protestants like to say that the Bible is the pillar and foundation of the Truth. Martin Luther said it was so. Catholics, however, believe the Bible when it says in St. Paul's Epistle to Timothy 3:15, the Church of God is "the pillar and foundation of the truth." Do you accept the Bible as an authority? If so, you must accept the Bible's teaching about the Church being the "pillar and foundation of the truth." But Protestants don't accept the authority of the only Christian Church that existed in the 4th century - the Catholic Church - the only Church founded by Jesus Christ. So what infallible authority do Protestants say approved the canon of the Bible if Protestants don't accept the authority of the Catholic Church? How can a Church you say is wrong produce an infallible Bible? How does fallibility produce infallibility? It's yet another contradiction among Protestants! We have the apostles and the apostolic succession to show us the way. Protestants do not because they reject the authority of the one, true Church. Protestants believe solely in the authority of the Bible - the doctrine of "Sola Scriptura" - but Catholics believe the true authority includes both the teaching of the apostles and the Bible. But you will not find the term "Sola Scriptura" anywhere in the Bible!

As the Anglican convert to the Catholic Church, Cardinal John Newman, once said, "To know history, is to be Catholic!"

And Protestants insult God when they argue that Mary had other children. What you're really saying is that God allowed others to occupy his Throne (Mary, His Mother). It's like arguing that God would have allowed Israelis to sit on His Throne - the Ark of the Covenant. They weren't even permitted to touch it, and if they did, they died immediately thereafter.

When the angel Gabriel appeared to Mary and told Her she would conceive and bear a son, what was her reply? She said, "How can this be since I have had no relations with a man?" She was implying, "Nor do I ever intend to have relations with a man." She is Blessed Mary Ever Virgin.

2 Likes

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by vkopach: 7:05pm On Mar 05, 2013
FYI: Mary did Not have other children. The Hebrew work for cousins is the same word as brother. The term ' brother' was chosen by the one who translated. Often Jesus refer to his followers as his 'brother'. Just as Jesus told John, at the cross, that he was(John)was her son ans she his mother. We are all brothers and sisters of Jesus.
Joseph, was thought to be an older man, whose wife died. There is also a thought out there that the 'brothers' could have been his children. Mary is called the EVER VIRGIN, thus meaning she could never have had a relationship with any man.

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Jovanna(f): 9:15pm On Mar 05, 2013
I tot i heard dis 4rm a pastor before reading dis thread dat was last year..in my point of view d reason y mary is sheding blood is because some xtains "worship" nd "adore" her which is nt suppose 2 be so..
Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Eileen111111: 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
Jovanna: Tell me why God, then, contradicted Himself (as you Protestants say He did) by forbidding us to worship idols (Exodus 20), but then right after that, He directed the Israelis to build what Protestants wrongly call "idols" - statues of angels on the Ark of the Covenant. (Exodus 25)

I'm still waiting for a Protestant to explain to me why he or she believes God contradicts Himself. No one will explain it, but you and your fellow Protestants make continual assertions that statues are "idols". You can't defend the indefensible. God does not contradict Himself.

God did not forbid us to build statues. He forbade us to build and worship idols. There is a difference. Idols include anything you worship, i.e. gold, silver, money, your job, your home. Anything you make more important than God is an idol.

If you have pictures of your family in your home, then, according to Protestant teachings, those pictures are idols. Does that really make sense to you? When you love someone, you proudly display their pictures in your home.

Look at the art in early Christian catacombs found in Rome. There are images of God and His saints painted on the walls of the catacombs. Were the early Christians idol worshipers?

Protestants departed from the one true faith of Jesus Christ in the 16th century. Unlike Catholics, Protestants do not believe the same things that the early Church Fathers and the other early Christians believed.

2 Likes

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Eileen111111: 11:48pm On Mar 05, 2013
The devil hates Mary because he knows the Book of Revelation (Ch. 12) speaks about the Ark of the Covenant (Mary) appearing in the sky and the Woman crushing the head of the dragon. When Protestants tell people to ignore Mary and not to pray to her to intercede with God on behalf of the people, that's exactly what the devil wants them to do.

Read the books of Esther and Judith in the Bible. Mary saves her people during the Apocalypse by interceding with God on their behalf, just as Esther and Judith once did when their people were threatened by their enemies. Esther and Judith foreshadowed Mary and her role in history as the Woman of the Apocalypse who intercedes with God to save the people from Satan and his allies on earth during a time of great persecution of Christians. Queen Esther interceded with the king and protected her people from annihilation on February 13 - the 13th day of Adar when the Jewish people were allowed by the King to defend themselves.

Esther's name means "Morning Star," and Psalm 22 speaks of her as the Morning Star. One of Mary's titles is "Morning Star." Our Lady of Fatima appeared on May 13, 1917. The Miracle of the Sun (witnessed by 75,000 people and reported in the newspapers of the day) took place on October 13, 1917. Our Lady of Fatima wore a star. She accurately predicted the rise and fall of Russia. She said World War I was about to end. (It ended on November 11, 1918.) She said if men didn't stop offending God, there would be a far greater war. World War II began 22 years later. She said Russia would "spread her errors throughout the world." What were those errors? Atheistic communism, attacks on religion, priests, nuns, the family, the introduction of legalized abortion, materialism, etc. She said fashions would change and become offensive to God. All of this took place. By the way, Sister Lucia, one of the Fatima seers, died on February 13, 40 minutes before sunset in the Hebrew month of Adar.

Thus it seems that even Lucia’s death accentuated the entire Fatima message, manifesting a kind of heavenly post-script: “Hear, O foolish people, and without understanding: who have eyes, and see not: and ears, and hear not.”

In the Scriptures, the 13th day of Adar is one with historical portent. It marks the Machabees’ liberation of the Holy Land after a four-year combat; the battle throughout the Persian Empire during the reign of Esther; and the day warriors fasted before going out to war. [6] The theme becomes obvious: An epic battle of God’s ecclesia against her enemies.

1 Like

Re: Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood by Boomark(m): 12:10am On Mar 06, 2013
Eileen111111: The devil hates Mary because he knows the Book of Revelation (Ch. 12) speaks about the Ark of the Covenant (Mary) appearing in the sky and the Woman crushing the head of the dragon. When Protestants tell people to ignore Mary and not to pray to her to intercede with God on behalf of the people, that's exactly what the devil wants them to do. Read the books of Esther and Judith in the Bible. Mary saves her people during the Apocalypse by interceding with God on their behalf, just as Esther and Judith once did when their people were threatened by their enemies. Esther and Judith foreshadowed Mary and her role in history as the Woman of the Apocalypse who intercedes with God to save the people from Satan and his allies on earth during a time of great persecution of Christians. Queen Esther interceded with the king and protected her people from annihilation on February 13. Esther's name means "Morning Star," and Psalm 22 speaks of her as the Morning Star. One of Mary's titles is "Morning Star." Our Lady of Fatima appeared on May 13, 1917, and the Miracle of the Sun (witnessed by 75,000 people and reported in the newspapers of the day) took place on October 13, 1917. Our Lady of Fatima wore a star. She accurately predicted the rise and fall of Russia. She said World War I was about to end. (It ended on November 11, 1918.) She said if men didn't stop offending God, there would be a far greater war. World War II began 22 years later. She said Russia would "spread her errors throughout the world." What were those errors? Atheistic communism, attacks on religion, priests, nuns, the family, the introduction of legalized abortion, materialism, etc. She said fashions would change and become offensive to God. All of this took place

When did God command you to make images of Mary and of Jesus like he commanded Moses to make the ark?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? / A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) / Pastor Sam Adeyemi And Wife Share Selfie At 'EMERGE' Hosted By Pastor Adefarasin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.