Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,737 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Benitez Slams Chelsea Fans & Abramovich In Post-match Rant - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Benitez Slams Chelsea Fans & Abramovich In Post-match Rant (596 Views)

Names Of Chelsea Coaches Sacked Under Roman Abramovich / Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal / Is Roman Abramovich Set To Dump Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benitez Slams Chelsea Fans & Abramovich In Post-match Rant by donsax: 1:16am On Feb 28, 2013
The Spaniard has revealed he will leave Stamford Bridge at the end of the season but has hit out at the club's supporters for their vocal opposition to his appointment

Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez has hit out at the club's fans for having an "agenda" against him and has criticised Roman Abramovich for appointing him on an interim basis in a lengthy post-match rant.

The Spaniard delivered the astonishing post-match tirade after witnessing the travelling Blues support chanting "Rafa Benitez, we know what you are" as his side booked their place in the FA Cup quarter-finals.

Benitez has the worst win percentage of any Chelsea manager in the Roman Abramovich era, and has been hugely unpopular with the fans since replacing club legend Roberto Di Matteo in November.

"I'm a little bit disappointed with a group of fans singing, and I think they are not doing any favours for the team," he told BBC Radio 5live.

"They have to support the team instead of wasting time making banners and singing songs, and create a good atmospere at Stamford Bridge.

"They have to support the players. I am an experienced manager, and I will do my best until the last day.

"They gave me the title of 'Interim Manager'. It's a massive mistake. I'm the manager, and I will manage the team until the end, every single minute.

"If they want to carry on wasting time because they have an agenda, they have to accept responsibility when something is wrong.

"It's not just 'We blame this one or that one'. They have to support the team. If we stick together, we can achieve what we want to achieve - the Champions League. If not, they can carry on singing but it will be in the Europa League.

"They have to realise they are not doing any favours for the rest of the fans, and also to the players.

"I am a professional, I am doing my job. What I want to do is win every single game for Chelsea Football Club.

"At the end of the season I will leave, they don't have to worry about me.

"All they have to do is to support the team, support the players. It is a group of people who have an agenda. They have to realise the rest of the fans want to see the team in the Champions League next year.

"It's not about whether I'm right or wrong. We have to see the team in the Champions League next year.

"They have to support the team. At the end of the season I will leave, they don't have to worry about me."

Source: http://m.goal.com/x/en/news/3785917

Re: Benitez Slams Chelsea Fans & Abramovich In Post-match Rant by donsax: 1:20am On Feb 28, 2013
Am a Chelsea fan but I pity the guy small
Re: Benitez Slams Chelsea Fans & Abramovich In Post-match Rant by onatisi(m): 5:51am On Feb 28, 2013
donsax: Am a Chelsea fan but I pity the guy small
this guy is a good coach but coming to chelsea was a great mistake
Re: Benitez Slams Chelsea Fans & Abramovich In Post-match Rant by oluwadare26(m): 6:50am On Feb 28, 2013
onatisi:
this guy is a good coach but coming to chelsea was a great mistake

who is a good coach? God go purnish him 4 all what he has done to Chelsea..he calls himself professional yet he cannot read a match, he doesnt know the right substitution, he'll bench his better players 4 his loved ones... Didnt he know he would be offer as an Interim? Y did he collect it at first? Useless Man!
Re: Benitez Slams Chelsea Fans & Abramovich In Post-match Rant by Biggyd2: 7:21am On Feb 28, 2013
Dayuuuumm!!! You mean this man hasn't left already? shocked Ermm… Oga Benny, am begging you to leave now o. Make sure say the door no bash in your head on your way out sha. You should have known that going to Chelsea was a very bad mistake. Wishing you luck in your future endeavors. Thank you. angry.

(1) (Reply)

Uefa Champions League Semifinal Draw / Open Invitation To Barcelona's Funeral, Kindly Invite Others And Be There... Lol / As Van Gaal Starts Work In Manchester United: There's A Lot Of Work To Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.