Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal (14274 Views)

Roberto Di Matteo For Valencia Job? / Roberto Di Matteo Sacked / Is Obi Mikel Playing His Best Under Roberto Di Matteo At Chelsea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Piyke: 10:42pm On May 22, 2012
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is set to hand Roberto Di Matteo a one-year contract as boss after remaining unconvinced by the Italian’s managerial credentials, according to The Times.

Since his appointment on an interim basis following the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas in March, the former West Brom coach has rejuvenated the Blues, leading them to victories in the finals of both the FA Cup and the Champions League.

And, while Abramovich does not view Di Matteo as a top class manager, he has accepted that the 41-year-old deserves a further opportunity at Stamford Bridge after his remarkable achievements this season.

However, any decision is unlikely to be reached until next week, meaning the former Blues midfielder will depart for his preseason holiday with his future still undecided...

"Read all below"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-abramovich-hand-di-matteo-105800055--sow.html

I thought Abramovich wanted the champions league so badly, now that its come, its now about a top class coach I think he should get the job without thinking twice. what do you think?
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by chuks49(m): 4:48pm On May 23, 2012
World class coach my foot

1 Like

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by femi4: 4:50pm On May 23, 2012
Perhaps we need a clear defination of a world class coach

2 Likes

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Midelilprinz(m): 4:54pm On May 23, 2012
He wand guardiola,dat was why he wanted to give him one year trial.guardiola is to rest 4 a year and then be back

1 Like

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by executinal(m): 4:55pm On May 23, 2012
That is unfair. So if he failed to deliver the Champions league he could have sacked RDM
Anyway RDM will still prove him wrong that he is a top class coach when he wins the super cup and world club cup.
In RDM we trust cheesy cheesy
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by mrman2(m): 4:57pm On May 23, 2012
All the so called "world class" coaches he hired in the past couldn't get him what he wanted, so what's his problem?
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Domaro: 5:01pm On May 23, 2012
Rebertho Dimatteo desrve this job without conditions, he did what so called ''world class coach'' couldn't do. So what other proof do you need to reinstate him as perm coach. Owner be carefull, Fans are watching
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Kslib(m): 5:03pm On May 23, 2012
Hehehehe! E don happen..When the season starts,it will be obvious that he was winning with luck,and not experience.
If na me be the guy,i no go collect.I go first cool down before taking any coaching job and gather experience...

2 Likes

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by pingpong1: 5:09pm On May 23, 2012
He is going to give him one year contract and sack him six months into it.

1 Like

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by bayulll01(m): 5:10pm On May 23, 2012
world class coach,that guy has no moral,is that the way all billionaire behave,if u look at the celebration when RDM shakes hand with RA,he was beging for one year,and toress saying poo,drogba is going we will see what he can deliver.
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by bayulll01(m): 5:12pm On May 23, 2012
Kslib: Hehehehe! E don happen..When the season starts,it will be obvious that he was winning with luck,and not experience.
If na me be the guy,i no go collect.I go first cool down before taking any coaching job and gather experience...
delusional idiotic looser fan,why not pray for ur dejected team to have the succes chelsea has this season

1 Like

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by JimmyBoy1: 5:27pm On May 23, 2012
Di-Matteo should take the job anyway.
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by amosy007: 5:34pm On May 23, 2012
I think abramovic is trying to play safe .....remember chelsea aint playing fantastic football at the moment ....and abromivic is a "crazy entertaining football fan" (one of d reasons he sacked mourinho) I think its a welcome development ...if RMD prove himself beyond reasonable doubt next season ...I think he will get a long stay

2 Likes

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by pdpiperpippen: 5:38pm On May 23, 2012
FA cup, champions of Europe, beating barca in the process home and away! That's world class to me!

4 Likes

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 23, 2012
I wonder why most of you are so naive and sentimental about this issue. As a passionate Chelsea fan, I can say that Roman Abramovich made the right decision yet again. If you look at how Di Matteo won the FA cup and the Champions League, it is impossible not to notice that he was extremely lucky on too many occasions. The tactics were particularly woeful and a bad advertisement for the beautiful game of football. How long can you ride your luck? Besides, don't forget that he finished an embarrassing 6th in the league - and before you blame AVB for that, you must also remember that as at the time of AVB's sack, Chelsea were in 5th position. So you can't say Di Matteo improved Chelsea's league form; if anything, he worsened it.

Having said that, and in light of the sheer fact that he managed to win the coveted UCL, the only fair thing to do is to give him at most a year 'probation' contract to see if he is indeed a good manager that can challenge for the league and all the other competitions. Don't forget also that the primary task Abramovich wants the next manager to achieve is to rebuild the team with new players and make the team's style of play more positive and entertaining. Regardless of Di Matteo's unprecedented luck, it is clear that he does not seem to have what it takes to achieve this difficult long-term task - not with the embarrassingly negative and ugly tactics Chelsea used to overcome Barcelona, Liverpool, and Bayern by sheer luck. The best thing is therefore to give him a short contract to see if he can prove himself. That is what our Big Boss Abramovich has done. What in the world is wrong with that?

He certainly didn't become so rich and successful by being foolishly sentimental. He has to take decisions based on empirics and critical evaluation of things.

19 Likes

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by amosy007: 5:50pm On May 23, 2012
pro01: I wonder why most of you are so naive and sentimental about this issue. As a passionate Chelsea fan, I can say that Roman Abramovich made the right decision yet again. If you look at how Di Matteo won the FA cup and the Champions League, it is impossible not to notice that he was extremely lucky on too many occasions. The tactics were particularly woeful and a bad advertisement for the beautiful game of football. How long can you ride your luck? Besides, don't forget that he finished an embarrasing 6th in the league - and before you blame AVB for that, you must also remember that as at the time of AVB's sack, Chelsea were in 5th position. So you can't say Di Matteo improved Chelsea's leasgue form; if anything, he worsened it.

Having said that, and in light of the sheer fact that he managed to win the coveted UCL, the only fair thing to do is to give him at most a year 'probation' contract to see if he is indeed a good manager that can challenge for the league and all the other competitions. Don't forget also that the primary task Abramovich wants the next manager to achieve is to rebuild the team with new players and make the team's style of play more positive and entertaining. Regardless of Di Matteo's unprecedented luck, it is clear that he does not seem to have what it takes to achieve this difficult long-term task - not with the embarrasingly negative and ugly tactics Chelsea used to overcome Barcelona, Liverpool, and Bayern by sheer luck. The best thing is therefore to give him a short contract to see if he can prove himself. That is what our Big Boss Abramovich has done. What in the world is wrong with that?

He certainly didn't become so rich and successful by being foolishly sentimental. He has to take decisions based on empirics and critical evaluation of things.

Everything u wrote is 101% right
And I really like the boded part ...that's one of d reasons most Nigerians are poor today ....they are too sentimental ..even to their love life

2 Likes

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by soloqy: 6:02pm On May 23, 2012
I think Dimateo should leave and go to another team in England. He will get his well-deserved respect and will not be under immense pressure as Abramovich would subject him to at Chelsea. Better to bow out with the high ovation than 5 months down the line, to be humiliated and sacked by Abramovich.

3 Likes

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Ibime(m): 6:02pm On May 23, 2012
pro01: I wonder why most of you are so naive and sentimental about this issue. As a passionate Chelsea fan, I can say that Roman Abramovich made the right decision yet again. If you look at how Di Matteo won the FA cup and the Champions League, it is impossible not to notice that he was extremely lucky on too many occasions. The tactics were particularly woeful and a bad advertisement for the beautiful game of football. How long can you ride your luck? Besides, don't forget that he finished an embarrasing 6th in the league - and before you blame AVB for that, you must also remember that as at the time of AVB's sack, Chelsea were in 5th position. So you can't say Di Matteo improved Chelsea's leasgue form; if anything, he worsened it.

Having said that, and in light of the sheer fact that he managed to win the coveted UCL, the only fair thing to do is to give him at most a year 'probation' contract to see if he is indeed a good manager that can challenge for the league and all the other competitions. Don't forget also that the primary task Abramovich wants the next manager to achieve is to rebuild the team with new players and make the team's style of play more positive and entertaining. Regardless of Di Matteo's unprecedented luck, it is clear that he does not seem to have what it takes to achieve this difficult long-term task - not with the embarrasingly negative and ugly tactics Chelsea used to overcome Barcelona, Liverpool, and Bayern by sheer luck. The best thing is therefore to give him a short contract to see if he can prove himself. That is what our Big Boss Abramovich has done. What in the world is wrong with that?

Except to say that Abramovic could not find his ar.se with his hand when it comes to football matters nor could he "critically evaluate" anything to do with football (which he only started watching in 2003) as he has proved time and again.

Just because RA is owner and billionaire does not prevent me from saying he knows nothing about footbal. . . and you my friend are talking absolute rubbish.

RA "critically evaluated" the signing of Torres and Shevchenko without asking the manager whether they fit in with the style of play, "critically evaluated" the sacking of Mourinho, "critically evaluated" the sacking of Ancelotti, then "critically evaluated" that AVB was better to replace him than Guus Hiddink.

My friend, quit talking jargon. My neice knows more about football than Abramovic.

Luck is RDM winning one competition, not TWO.

You might say he used tactics combined with some good fortune to win the UCL, but what do you expect him to win with. . . better players that Chelsea dont have?

A man used Salomon Kalou, Ryan Bertrand and Bosingwa to win Champions League and all nincompoops like yourself know to do is shout "luck, luck, luck".

Perhaps a footballing neophyte like yourself expected him to use these players and outplay Barca and such.

He finished 6th in the league yes, but you forgot he played 20 games in 60 days and used his reserve team for those league matches, besides those matches were not like Bolton or Stoke, more like Man City, Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle sandwiched in between Barcelona and Napoli and other heavyweight matches and no way he could use the first team for those matches and still stay in Europe.

You think RDM is going to accept "probation" contract when at least 5 clubs would offer him good contract this summer?

Roman Abramovic is a fool when it comes to football matters. . . .and so are you!

17 Likes

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by texazzpete(m): 6:17pm On May 23, 2012
Ibime:

Except to say that Abramovic could not find his ar.se with his hand when it comes to football matters nor could he "critically evaluate" anything to do with football (which he only started watching in 2003) as he has proved time and again.

Just because RA is owner and billionaire does not prevent me from saying he knows nothing about footbal. . . and you my friend are talking absolute rubbish.

RA "critically evaluated" the signing of Torres and Shevchenko without asking the manager whether they fit in with the style of play, "critically evaluated" the sacking of Mourinho, "critically evaluated" the sacking of Ancelotti, then "critically evaluated" that AVB was better to replace him than Guus Hiddink.

My friend, quit talking jargon. My neice knows more about football than Abramovic.

You might say he used tactics combined with some good fortune to win the UCL, but what do you expect him to win with. . . better players that Chelsea dont have?

A man used Salomon Kalou, Ryan Bertrand and Bosingwa to win Champions League and all nincompoops like yourself know to do is shout "luck, luck, luck".

Perhaps a footballing neophyte like yourself expected him to use these players and outplay Barca and such.

He finished 6th in the league yes, but you forgot he played 20 games in 60 days and used his reserve team for those league matches, besides those matches were not like Bolton or Stoke, more like Man City, Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle sandwiched in between Barcelona and Napoli and other heavyweight matches and no way he could use the first team for those matches and still stay in Europe.

You think RDM is going to accept "probation" contract when at least 5 clubs would offer him good contract this summer?

Roman Abramovic is a fool when it comes to football matters. . . .and so are you!

You saved me the trouble of replying him!
Coach beat barca at camp nou with 10 men and someone says it's 'luck'. The same coach clawed back a 3-1 deficit to beat Napoli, then went on to win the UCL at the home of their challengers....Na wa o!

2 Likes

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Piyke: 6:20pm On May 23, 2012

So are you saying you guys won the uefa by luck? To me his game pattern didn't differ much from that of murinho, I still remember chelsea being outplayed in matches but in the end they'll win by a goal or two. I just feel that since this guy has delivered what he always wanted he should keep him. I also think Abramovich is part of chelseas problem, he's just too impatient. He's now looking for world class coach but he's also been sacking world class coaches.

In all this I just see too much money for the guy pocket grin
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by amosy007: 6:21pm On May 23, 2012
texazzpete:

You saved me the trouble of replying him!
Coach beat barca at camp nou with 10 men and someone says it's 'luck'. The same coach clawed back a 3-1 deficit to beat Napoli, then went on to win the UCL at the home of their challengers....Na wa o!

Won't say he won with luck against bayern or barca. ....but it doesn't change the fact that ...it aint one of d best game ... The game aint entertaining at all ...full of tension and completely one sided game ....

NB am a chelsea fan
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by labamo07(m): 6:22pm On May 23, 2012

You aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ just å pathetic αήd̶̲̥̅̊ unfortunate Chelsea fan. D̶̲̥̅̊☺ you watch †ђξ games with your anus?? S̴̩☺̴̩̩̥ you expect him †̥☺ βε̲̣̣̣̥ I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 1st or what? Βε̲̣̣̣̥ reasonable αήd̶̲̥̅̊ sensible, while RDM took charge ☺f Chelsea, †ђξ squad has №†̥ been I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ its average let alone å better position. Meanwhile, RDM played αήd̶̲̥̅̊ won more αήd̶̲̥̅̊ crucial games that any world class coach would have lost.
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by HighChief4(m): 6:27pm On May 23, 2012
Ibime:

Thank you Ibime
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Limaoscar: 6:39pm On May 23, 2012

@Ibime, You know, I was drafting a very angry reply to that Mo.fo and would have lost focus....but you just took the whip out of my hands to give that clown the whopping He deserves.......Dude is clearly not a Chelsea club follower or even a fan... Na bad belle dey worry am.
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 23, 2012
Ibime:

Your father and mother and all the never do well children they produced, including you, are nincompoops. Since you have no better way of analysing a situation objectively and making your own points as I made mine other than spewing insults like a rabid dog, it is extremely clear to all that you're brain-damaged. I honestly don't know how characters like you are conceived. Your mum must have ingested a lot of foul chemicals when you were in her womb. What a waste.
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Decapo: 6:50pm On May 23, 2012
world best coach my foot
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 23, 2012
too much insult ibime,why
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by topmost4u(m): 7:00pm On May 23, 2012
idiot ni,kilo mo?ko gbon mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by iykak47: 7:03pm On May 23, 2012
Those who believe Di matteo won the two trophies by luck should know that luck is part of life,luck or no luck under few months as chelsea boss the man won uefa champions league,what Mourinho couldn't do in three years.
The same luck played a role when John Terry missed a final spot kick against Manu in 2008.
Please lets leave sentiment and acknowledge that the man has done well.
Baba olowo is confuse, he doesnt know what to do with his club, offering Di Matteo only a year contract shows he is an ingrate.

UP GUNNERS.
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by georgeef: 7:16pm On May 23, 2012
pro01:

Your father and mother and all the never do well children they produced, including you, are nincompoops. Since you have no better way of analysing a situation objectively and making your own points as I made mine other than spewing insults like a rabid dog, it is extremely clear to all that you're brain-damaged. I honestly don't know how characters like you are conceived. Your mum must have ingested a lot of foul chemicals when you were in her womb. What a waste.

pro01, let this be d first and last tym u'll eva post such nonsense on this forum.. U hia me?. Was about castigating u seriously, ibime took them outta ma mouth.. Read ma lips ' u wrote rubbish'
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by princeparis(m): 7:25pm On May 23, 2012
Haba, Pro01. Na his family insult you?? No insult please
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by mandsignal(m): 7:26pm On May 23, 2012
chuks49: World class coach my foot
are you are nigerian . . Oh ... No wonder

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Slavia Prague Vs Chelsea: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 -1) On 11th April 2019 / Leicester City Vs Manchester City (0 - 1 ) On 22nd February 2020 / Arsenal Vs Manchester City ( 0 - 1) On 21st February 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.