Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? (38115 Views)

Best Fruit Drink For This Season(zobocola) / Shark Energy Drink For Sale / What Special Food And Drink For Birthday Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by 9jatatafo(m): 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
Too much sugar and not healthy. instead give them fruits and water

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by Emperor119(m): 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
undecided
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by jineloy: 1:30pm On Jul 15, 2017
It just natural fruit with chemical at all must be taken with caution...intensity matters
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by Spongia1(m): 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
Me and my brother no even see anything drink wen we small going to school.chai
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by femi4: 1:33pm On Jul 15, 2017
lonelydora:
Chai....God bless this Op. This topic came right on time.

My children drink Ribena on daily basis at school. I asked my wife two days ago about the health implication, she couldn't give any meaningful answer. I suggested we package fruits like Apple, banana, pineapple, but she said No. Well, na God hand my kids dey shaa.
Ribena is better. Apart from Ribena and lucozade boost, I can't vouch for others

1 Like

Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by martineverest(m): 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
Ribena is ok... But anything drink is chemical...... Be it coke Fanta or Pepsi

Juice and milk are the best shocked
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by McOsheBaba(m): 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
lonelydora:

My children drink Ribena on daily basis at school. I asked my wife two days ago about the health implication, she couldn't give any meaningful answer. I suggested we package fruits like Apple, banana, pineapple, but she said No. Well, na God hand my kids dey shaa.

She said NO and you accepted just like that. If something happens to the kids, you'd say it's God after He has told you what to do? My brother, do what you must oo!
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by NairalandSARS: 1:45pm On Jul 15, 2017
lonelydora:

Chai! See enjoyment
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by martolux(m): 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
I prefer hollandia and other pure yoghurts

1 Like

Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by adajoe555: 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
My little niece always carry those things.if the mum don't put drink for her she will cry until she buy one, sometimes she will just be weeing too much every min she will just be standing before you know what is happening she have wee on her self her suger content was too much.they have to stop giving her even sweet too everything was stopped now she carries apple, banana just fruits to sch. Too much of everything is not good now she is back to her track at least once in a while she take those drinks
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by selfmadeboss: 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
nothing healthy about it. its filled with sugar and saccharin. if you want a fresh yogurt , buy nunu from aboki women.
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by clems88(m): 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
What happened to my viju angry I don't see it in the market anymore
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by JBoy9(m): 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
I beg to differ, there's nothing absolutely wrong with giving children Bobo and other fruit drinks. Apart from sugar which is massively required by and easily burnt down by their system Bobo contains milk and yoghurt wich is part of the essential daily nutritional intake by the children. Same goes for Ribbena which contains blackcurrant .Blackcurrant is a good source of vitamin C which boosts the children immune systems

Moderation is the keyword here
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by selfmadeboss: 1:57pm On Jul 15, 2017
dbynonetwork:
I too want to know..
Only lazy mothers would keep packing these chemically processed drinks for little kids when we have our natural drinks like ZOBO DRINK, KUNU, FURA 'd' NUNU etc.
you are very right. where i am presently, a bottle of zobo or kunu or nunu is worth 30k naira. nigerians dont appreciate what they have

1 Like

Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by plainmirror(m): 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
allrightsir:

they are not good period! anything processed is bad for you but especially at the development stage when the brain and other organs are forming. in a land blessed with an abundance of natural fruits and juices, the last thing you should give your children are products with sugar and artificial synthesized ingredients.

packaged noodles is also lethal in the long run, if you love your children stop giving them packages noodles!!!

If I should dissect your write-up you will either be shooting yourself on the foot or involuntarily allign your thoughts to my earlier statement.

Do not be in a rush to quote without reading and understanding.
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
this is what my fiancée want me to be drinking, she no even consider jadijadi , abeg which kind wicked world are we into
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
this is what my fiancée want me to be drinking , each time I mentioned my favourite Guinness odeku big stout she will go and bring tampico and bobo, she no even consider jadijadi , abeg which kind wicked world are we into
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
lonelydora:

their kidney and eventual future obesity.
which person hand e dey.
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:03pm On Jul 15, 2017
lonelydora:

pray they never became vegetable like buhari in nearly future.... I'm not wishing them that oooo grin
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by shekauvsbuhari: 2:03pm On Jul 15, 2017
lonelydora:

better do de right thing instead of passing de buck to God. For ur kids health.

1 Like

Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2017
NO THEY ARE NOT

Infact my wife needs to learn how to make sobo, kunun aya & all those natural fruit juices like banana & mango because they will be no room for those kind of processed chemical juices in my house

Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by Tiffbuxas: 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nothing is safe in Nigeria anyway..... Not even water, do your best to protect you kid.... go natural if possible too many synthetic food out der and they can never be healthy
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by elantraceey(f): 2:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
Jiang:
NO THEY ARE NOT

Infact my wife needs to learn how to make sobo, kunun aya & all those natural fruit juices like banana & mango because they will be no room for those kind of processed chemical juices in my house

I agree with you

1 Like

Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by success1smyn(m): 2:30pm On Jul 15, 2017
JBoy9:
I beg to differ, there's nothing absolutely wrong with giving children Bobo and other fruit drinks. Apart from sugar which is massively required by and easily burnt down by their system Bobo contains milk and yoghurt wich is part of the essential daily nutritional intake by the children. Same goes for Ribbena which contains blackcurrant .Blackcurrant is a good source of vitamin C which boosts the children immune systems

Moderation is the keyword here
ur head dey dia joooorrr

1 Share

Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by akuto: 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
God gave those Kids to you to take care of. These packaged fruit drinks are chemicals and should be minimized.
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by DeLaRue: 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2017
Giving kids sugar-laden drinks and snacks such as biscuits, are ways of storing up health problems for them in the future -
Diabetes. Heart diseases. Feeble peni.s etc

Why would parents give their kid lucozade, bobo, biscuits, ribena daily

If my sister runs out of corn flakes for her kids, she panics. It's an emergency. Na so she go they run around anyhow to go buy grin grin

I suggested boiled yam + fried egg for the kids. She said - my kids can't eat that o...haba, for breakfast?

I don't get it.

1 Like

Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
ayotoyin:
Please, i want to know how healthy are all this fruity drinks like Bobo, Ribena etc for kids,i noticed that mothers are fond of packing all these drinks along with food for our kids to school everyday, is it really an healthy thing to be taking them everyday?
Thanks.

Everything that has extended expiry sate is not safe for human consumption.
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by Funjosh(m): 2:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
Let me ask Eaglescribes the Bobo master.
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by crudedude(m): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
dbynonetwork:
I too want to know..
Only lazy mothers would keep packing these chemically processed drinks for little kids when we have our natural drinks like ZOBO DRINK, KUNU, FURA 'd' NUNU etc.

Do not generalize.
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by hollowpot15684(m): 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2017
ayotoyin:
Please, i want to know how healthy are all this fruity drinks like Bobo, Ribena etc for kids,i noticed that mothers are fond of packing all these drinks along with food for our kids to school everyday, is it really an healthy thing to be taking them everyday?
Thanks.

pls kindly take all that money meant for buying bobo to buy fruit for your kid.
Re: How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? by ADUKKY(f): 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2017
Moderation is the key here. It's usual practice now for mothers to pack drinks in their ward's lunch bag. I don't give my children instead I give them fruits and yoghurt alongside snacks when they come back from school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Fix An Oversalted Meal / Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) / New Whatsapp Group For Chefs (already In The Industry Or Intending To)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.