Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:02 AM

Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. (1287 Views)

Check Out The Hilarious Sign Church Uses To Stop People From Urinating Around / An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers / Question For Atheists And Religious People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
I normally get asked as someone who doesnt believe in God; "where do you get your morals from since you don't want to follow the divine laws of God". No matter the explanation that morals come from reasoning and humanistic ethics that cuts across all religions and cultures, I am still told that I am immoral because I do not believe in God.

Well here is my simple chance to prove you religious people wrong to show you that belief in God is not necessary for moral with a practical challenge;

[size=18pt]Please, name just one (yes, just one) good deed that a person that believes in your God can do but an atheist (a person who disbelieves in God) can not do. Also remember to explain why smiley[/size]
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Paschal007: 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2013
So there are only 2 types religions? Christianity and others?

1 Like

Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2013
^^^
Address the question/topic
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by greatgenius: 5:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
why are you always "fighting". why do you feel the need to prove yourself or anything when not necessary..
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 28, 2013
greatgenius: why are you always "fighting". why do you feel the need to prove yourself or anything when not necessary..

^^^
Address the topic
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Rhymeyjohn: 6:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
The issue of morality is relative,since morality is about knowing good and bad, what makes 'good' good, and not bad. In the year 1938, american psychology association defines homosexuality as a sign of mental illness,but today, its been changed to meet the american societal tone. Is that good? Now define 'good'. In the earlier 20th century, medical doctors defined abortion as the killing of an unwanted fetous, but today, its just a normal medical procedure. If an atheist wants to get 'moral credibility' he should stop hanging on to mens musing emotions.
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by greatgenius: 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

^^^
Address the topic
answer the question
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: The issue of morality is relative,since morality is about knowing good and bad, what makes 'good' good, and not bad. In the year 1938, american psychology association defines homosexuality as a sign of mental illness,but today, its been changed to meet the american societal tone. Is that good? Now define 'good'. In the earlier 20th century, medical doctors defined abortion as the killing of an unwanted fetous, but today, its just a normal medical procedure. If an atheist wants to get 'moral credibility' he should stop hanging on to mens musing emotions.

Moral Credibility? Is that the name of a music band? grin

Are you saying that religion has nothing to do with morality?
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by justaqad(m): 6:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
*steps on thread accidentaly*
Ouch .... So sorry.tries to wipe it clean.
Heaved a huge sigh of relief.
Stares at the clock,*mouth wide open* I missed today's showdown.
Clears throat
Logic boi what's your question again?
I only read the last post.
Heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
justaqad: *steps on thread accidentaly*
Ouch .... So sorry.tries to wipe it clean.
Heaved a huge sigh of relief.
Stares at the clock,*mouth wide open* I missed today's showdown.
Clears throat
Logic boi what's your question again?
I only read the last post.
Heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

Wassap bro?
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by justaqad(m): 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wassap bro?

Stuck in traffic.....
I de vex for our government
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
Paganism has nothing to do with morals. we only deal in Spirituality. please dont tag us in this.

morality is to be taught by elders, society,etc., and is individually defined as per so.
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by justaqad(m): 6:50pm On Feb 28, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Paganism has nothing to do with morals. we only deal in Spirituality. please dont tag us in this.

morality is to be taught by elders, society,etc., and is individually defined as per so.

Lol... See Defence Minister of Amadioha..
Heheheheheheheheheheheheheh

2 Likes

Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 28, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Agreed
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Rhymeyjohn: 10:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
Lol, sure you know it has nothing to do with music. Answer mine first, what defines 'good' or 'bad'. Should it change per time.
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by ghostofsparta(m): 10:56pm On Feb 28, 2013
Logicboy03:
Moral Credibility? Is that the name of a music band?
Laugh Won Kill Me Die

greatgenius:
I have told you Pagan9ja never to use the term 'spirituality' again, there's no such thing as spirituality in the realm of science. There are only energies yet un-understood. There's no such thing as Ghost or Spirits.

greatgenius: why are you always "fighting". why do you feel the need to prove yourself or anything when not necessary..
How is he fighting? A rationalist is merely asking logical question and you equate our dear logicboy with jihadist/crusader who you know fights for their beliefs. Go watch the Kingdom of Heaven and Season of The Witches. List of Movies based on religion/Atheism: https://www.nairaland.com/1211144/compilation-movies-based-religion-reason#14541155
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 28, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: Lol, sure you know it has nothing to do with music. Answer mine first, what defines 'good' or 'bad'. Should it change per time.

Erm....good and bad

-to a rational person, it is based on reason, logic and evidence

-to a religious christian, it is based on God.
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by engrtee(f): 11:15pm On Feb 28, 2013
A xtian can stay a day without debating,criticising, arguing and insultin. An atheist e.g logicboy cant
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
A Christian can raise from the dead.
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
engrtee: A xtian can stay a day without debating,criticising, arguing and insultin. An atheist e.g logicboy cant

Fail. There have been days that I have been away from my pc and NL
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

Fail. There have been days that I have been away from my pc and NL
but not away from insulting pple in ur mind
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 01, 2013
Segeggs: but not away from insulting pple in ur mind

Christianity has given you the ability to mind read abi?

grin grin
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Rhymeyjohn: 7:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
@logicboy, the opposite of a rational person is not a religious person,i dont want2 follow you into entymology of words. If truth/fact is the product of a rational thought process, then it should be constant. So why has morality based on rationale, logic and empirical evidence continue to change? PLEASE ANSWER. whatever rationale made abortion, homosexuality, masturbation good after the same reasoning said its bad makes ones wonder. An atheist should stop hanging on vague rationale. Morality should be based on truth, an truth should be constant, no matter the time change.

1 Like

Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: @logicboy, the opposite of a rational person is not a religious person,i dont want2 follow you into entymology of words. If truth/fact is the product of a rational thought process, then it should be constant. So why has morality based on rationale, logic and empirical evidence continue to change? PLEASE ANSWER. whatever rationale made abortion, homosexuality, masturbation good after the same reasoning said its bad makes ones wonder. An atheist should stop hanging on vague rationale. Morality should be based on truth, an truth should be constant, no matter the time change.

Mastrub.ation and homosexuality have never been bad. It is religious and conservative cultures that felt it was bad.

However, truth changes based on evidence. Morality too should.

It was okay for companies to send workers into abestos made structures and now that we have found the substance to be deadly, any company that sends workers to such place will be fined and sued

2 Likes

Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by ijawkid(m): 11:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

Mastrub.ation and homosexuality have never been bad. It is religious and conservative cultures that felt it was bad.

However, truth changes based on evidence. Morality too should.

It was okay for companies to send workers into abestos made structures and now that we have found the substance to be deadly, any company that sends workers to such place will be fined and sued

The bolded is why you are immoral........immoral to the core...dirty minded amoral primate................a true christian would never espouse homosexuality or view it as something that is not bad but an atheist(infact all atheist) would,..................

When has homosexuality ever being a good thing??....when??...........like my freind stated earlier truths should be constant.....atheists are just fools who would be running around in circles until they meet there end........

1 Like

Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 02, 2013
ijawkid:

The bolded is why you are immoral........immoral to the core...dirty minded amoral primate................a true christian would never espouse homosexuality or view it as something that is not bad but an atheist(infact all atheist) would,..................

When has homosexuality ever being a good thing??....when??...........like my freind stated earlier truths should be constant.....atheists are just fools who would be running around in circles until they meet there end........

Lol...a lot of churches actually support gay rights.

Furthermore, not all atheists support gay marriage

The truth is not constant. Last time I checked, Yahweh loved slavery and stoning of witches in the old testament. Didnt he change his mind int he new testament

1 Like

Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by ijawkid(m): 12:22am On Mar 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lol...a lot of churches actually support gay rights.

Furthermore, not all atheists support gay marriage

The truth is not constant. Last time I checked, Yahweh loved slavery and stoning of witches in the old testament. Didnt he change his mind int he new testament

Yahweh didn't love slavery.......he only created laws to guide those who owned slaves.....imperfection of man is what brought about slavery........when God created adam and eve his intentions were not for them to give birth to slavery and slaves........and also Yahweh hasn't changed....when the end comes which ofcus is imminent all those who do not obey his commands would be destroyed......Yahweh hasn't changed my bro

And please tell me Which churches support gay rights??..mention them.......did the early christians or Christ himself espouse gay rights.??........please don't call those persons christians.........

I can unequivocally tell you that all atheist sometime in there life would eventually support the practice of homosexuality and also gay rights because that is what atheism does......all it does is repudiate all that God likes.....atheists have no choice but to support what ever that is immoral........na lie I talk....??

As for you anything immoral is what you espouse....gay marraige,homosexuality,adultery,maybe bestiality too(if you haven't supported that raise up ya hand)...........grin
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 02, 2013
ijawkid:

Yahweh didn't love slavery.......he only created laws to guide those who owned slaves.....imperfection of man is what brought about slavery........when God created adam and eve his intentions were not for them to give birth to slavery and slaves........and also Yahweh hasn't changed....when the end comes which ofcus is imminent all those who do not obey his commands would be destroyed......Yahweh hasn't changed my bro

And please tell me Which churches support gay rights??..mention them.......did the early christians or Christ himself espouse gay rights.??........please don't call those persons christians.........

I can unequivocally tell you that all atheist sometime in there life would eventually support the practice of homosexuality and also gay rights because that is what atheism does......all it does is repudiate all that God likes.....atheists have no choice but to support what ever that is immoral........na lie I talk....??

As for you anything immoral is what you espouse....gay marraige,homosexuality,adultery,maybe bestiality too(if you haven't supported that raise up ya hand)...........grin

lolz.....I give up. smiley

No more argument- as an atheist, I love molestation, worship the devil, love bestiality, necro.philia etc. Thats what you want to hear abi? I am guessing this makes you sleep better believing that you are more moral than the atheist. Psychopath
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by aletheia(m): 2:27am On Mar 02, 2013
Logicboy03: Please, name just one (yes, just one) good deed that a person that believes in your God can do but an atheist (a person who disbelieves in God) can not do. Also remember to explain why smiley
"Morality" - the tattered fig leaves that nairaland atheists desperately cling to - all in a bid to escape the inescapable reality that atheists are constitutionally incapable of doing any good deed. Yes the bible says so:
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. (Isa 64:6)

But of course figuratively, fig leaves represent man's effort at covering the unclothedness of sin - what basically amounts to the atheist's "morality". But as God Himself showed Adam & Eve, only by the shedding of blood can covering be provided.

1. Any "good" deed done by an atheist is like the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. It is pleasant to the eyes, and desirous but the end result is death. So like poison which may have the "good" qualities of smelling and tasting good but nonetheless filled with gall are the "good" acts of atheists.

2. All good deeds done by a Christian are good indeed like fruit from the tree of life. As it is written:
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
(Psa 1:1-6)

Thus the atheist and the Christian are like two trees. The evil atheist tree can only bear evil fruit no matter how good it may appear unto men. And the good Christian tree can only bear good fruit unto the Lord.

Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. (Mat 7:17-18)
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by greatgenius: 2:57am On Mar 02, 2013
ijawkid:

this is one of the biggest lie you have ever been told in your life.. by that statement you should agree then that your god is no where near a deity of unconditional love.. An unconditional loving, self sufficient and Omnipotent deity should lack and need nothing( this is the nature of the infinite creator).. your statement describes more of what a "devil"( if there was ever such a thing or being as the devil) will do than a God to me.. some of you read the bible and memorizes it without reason and actual understanding of the contents.. like i always say Christians are just as lost as the atheist..

again why shouldn't churches support gay rights? are gays less of a human because they indulge in an unnatural act..are they second class humans?.. your all inclusive messiah Jesus will be proud..you all christians make a mockery of God..

i dont think all atheist or the heterosexual ones at least, support homosexuality..supporting gay rights is not the same thing as supporting the unnatural act.. no sane man should support the act but being gay should not make you less of a human and thus deny you certain rights.. oppressing and denying gays their rights is not an act of love but evil..
Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by Nobody: 6:09am On Mar 02, 2013
aletheia:
"Morality" - the tattered fig leaves that nairaland atheists desperately cling to - all in a bid to escape the inescapable reality that atheists are constitutionally incapable of doing any good deed. Yes the bible says so:
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. (Isa 64:6)

But of course figuratively, fig leaves represent man's effort at covering the unclothedness of sin - what basically amounts to the atheist's "morality". But as God Himself showed Adam & Eve, only by the shedding of blood can covering be provided.

1. Any "good" deed done by an atheist is like the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. It is pleasant to the eyes, and desirous but the end result is death. So like poison which may have the "good" qualities of smelling and tasting good but nonetheless filled with gall are the "good" acts of atheists.

2. All good deeds done by a Christian are good indeed like fruit from the tree of life. As it is written:
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
(Psa 1:1-6)

Thus the atheist and the Christian are like two trees. The evil atheist tree can only bear evil fruit no matter how good it may appear unto men. And the good Christian tree can only bear good fruit unto the Lord.

Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. (Mat 7:17-18)

A brainwashed christian.

Defining morality with the bible. Only christians understand true morality abi? mtchew.

or morality started with the bible?

1 Like

Re: Challenge To Christians/religious People From An Atheist. by ijawkid(m): 8:13am On Mar 02, 2013
greatgenius: this is one of the biggest lie you have ever been told in your life.. by that statement you should agree then that your god is no where near a deity of unconditional love.. An unconditional loving, self sufficient and Omnipotent deity should lack and need nothing( this is the nature of the infinite creator).. your statement describes more of what a "devil"( if there was ever such a thing or being as the devil) will do than a God to me.. some of you read the bible and memorizes it without reason and actual understanding of the contents.. like i always say Christians are just as lost as the atheist..
Gods Love being unconditional is not tantamount to him being foolish and not one meting out what is due to an individual......as the Judge over all anyone who does not do his will,will not gain life...you can yap for all I care that fact won't change................

greatgenius:
again why shouldn't churches support gay rights? are gays less of a human because they indulge in an unnatural act..are they second class humans?.. your all inclusive messiah Jesus will be proud..you all christians make a mockery of God..
Churches should be neutral......they shouldn't be part of those fighting for the rights of gays...that is not suppose to be a christians business........because when you fight for there rights you are in one way or the other supporting the act...........Jesus would never support gay rights....or fight for there rights to practice homosexuality......Jesus' Love does not include that.........gays are not less humans,but if they do not meet up with Yahwehs requirements which ofcus is that they refrain from such immoral acts na them sabi..........

greatgenius:
i dont think all atheist or the heterosexual ones at least, support homosexuality..supporting gay rights is not the same thing as supporting the unnatural act.. no sane man should support the act but being gay should not make you less of a human and thus deny you certain rights.. oppressing and denying gays their rights is not an act of love but evil..
When you support gay rights what are you supporting in effect??.............what??.........and should I put you amongst the group of persons who do not support the act??....eh??.........like I said it is not suppose to be a christians business to either oppress or support gay right activities........you dig??....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re; All Atheists Are Evil; A Simple Question For The Religious People! / How And When Would You Like To Die? / And Mum Went Ballistic On Me For Not Going To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.