Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos (20706 Views)

EseOruru : Yunusa Arraigned In Court Over "Abduction And Illicit Sex" / Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail / Nigerian Arraigned In The U.S For Aiding Al-Qaeda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by Arcard(m): 6:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
Bail dy sweet our judisharing ppl
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by ghostofsparta(m): 6:44pm On Feb 28, 2013
kokoye: So..why is robbing called "one chance"?

The origin of the term One Chance is unknown but I think it was dubbed One Chance because it is another mode of robbery simply define as- The luring of any unsuspecting commuter into a supposedly registered/licensed buses passed off as the usual, normal ones. They are mostly danfos which is why it is difficult for the police to eradicate the criminality. The origin of the term One Chance is unknown but I think it was dubbed One Chance because according to urban legend, it takes a victim one chance to decide entering a bus or having a rethink given the alarming rate of criminality back then in Lagos roads. It's origin can also be rooted in the fact that bus conductors are known to shouts their destination e.g. ”Oshodi one more chance" when marketing the available vacant seat before take off. From my little research regarding the One Chance phenomenon, I realised that it crept into Lagos from Warri and the likes since it was endemic there, speculatively stating.
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 28, 2013
Omo Alata:

Thanks for your contribution cheesy And what would £150 get me? KMT
Thank you for thanking me. The amount go get you an android phone for browsing nairaland
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by ghostofsparta(m): 7:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
They don't go for only money, they take all sorts of things that is of valuable. Phones, wrist watches, laptops, snickers etc. You don't resist them. Statistics based on verbal reports states that those who have tried to show resistance have either being met with rib-crushing blows and thrown out of the bus at fast speed or ditched out with utmost aggression. My advise: if you find yourself in a One Chance situation, surrender when they demand and remember to look down because they hate the risk of being recognised. The fear of One Chancers is the beginning of "Eko Ti Baje Kin Shey Eni'. Fashola and The Police are not Batman & Robins, they can only try their best. You've been warned.
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by OCcool: 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2013
Yomieluv: Hmmmm,what a man can do,a woman can do better.
U jst beat me 2 it bro grin
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by Chinom(m): 8:05pm On Feb 28, 2013

Asking the same question too. I think it's because the robber, in this case the woman, has only one chance to carry out the robbery. If caught in a crowded bus, she is toast. No where to run to. She could be beaten to death.
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by topmostg: 8:42pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ekhouthouwmen?

Wtf is that?

1 Like

Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by baslone: 9:40pm On Feb 28, 2013

Back in the days, these buses are hardly identified to any motor park or garage, the just appear out of nowhere on the streets

passing through bus stops will the buses almost filled up. They normally call for passengers while still in motion. So the conductor's

normal catch for Lagosians who as you know are alwAys in a hurry is by yelling " one chance" left. Mind you, most cases always

have either females, cops or soldiers in their mist so you wouldn't even have to think twice about your safety.
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by Costa2000(m): 9:40pm On Feb 28, 2013
coogar: this is hilarious!
how will the letters of her surname fill into the bail form?
lol
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 28, 2013
coninse:

They are doing that in India.
so, they have bragging rights...yeah, i knew that
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by naptu2: 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2013

In the past, when there's only one seat space left, the conductor would announce "Yaba one chance". This encourages passengers to board that bus because they will not be delayed while the conductor is trying to get passengers to fill the bus.

Robbers capitalise on this to encourage passengers to enter their bus. It also helps the robbers to subdue the passenger (there are more robbers than passengers and the victim will be encouraged to sit away from the door so that he doesn't have any means of escape).
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by Policewoman(f): 11:43pm On Feb 28, 2013
Omo Alata: They probably robbed him of N5,000 and he's inflated it. So, will she pay the victim back his money or how does it work?
You sound like her accomplice. I will soon come and arrest you.

1 Like

Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by imotal(m): 12:00am On Mar 01, 2013
Yomieluv: Hmmmm,what a man can do,a woman can do better.
Na so she go do better than male prisoners,abi? Mtscheew.
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by otodeluxe(m): 12:47am On Mar 01, 2013
Let's say She was just unlucky. Sorry for her, she should plead guilty
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by Viktallbay(m): 12:55am On Mar 01, 2013
[quote author=gmyguy][/quote] some cultures pay dowry
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by princeonx: 3:16am On Mar 01, 2013
ghostofsparta:

The origin of the term One Chance is unknown but I think it was dubbed One Chance because it is another mode of robbery simply define as- The luring of any unsuspecting commuter into a supposedly registered/licensed buses passed off as the usual, normal ones. They are mostly danfos which is why it is difficult for the police to eradicate the criminality. The origin of the term One Chance is unknown but I think it was dubbed One Chance because according to urban legend, it takes a victim one chance to decide entering a bus or having a rethink given the alarming rate of criminality back then in Lagos roads. It's origin can also be rooted in the fact that bus conductors are known to shouts their destination e.g. ”Oshodi one more chance" when marketing the available vacant seat before take off. [b]From my little research [/b]regarding the One Chance phenomenon, I realised that it crept into Lagos from Warri and the likes since it was endemic there, speculatively stating.
Research abi experience? Lol
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by COOLDUN: 3:25am On Mar 01, 2013
samuelee1: Na wah oh, i wonder why N3O,OOO is the amount she's always stealing. For the record, this is a good way of handling criminals, not lynching. Let them be punished appropriately.

Good, but how are you sure that she will be punished ? she has gotten bail with the sum of 20,000 Naira, the next might be a history. The best treatment for a criminal is to stop crime. She is very lucky to fall into the hands of people who handed her over to the Police. These heartless criminals have destroyed many innocent lives. This is a time for her to repent, next time she might not be lucky.
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by Nobody: 3:32am On Mar 01, 2013
Artistree: Never knew women can do it too! Na wah...
Benin Babe for that matter, ataya nor be small.

female crooks are the best kind. tongue
by "best" i mean, best at the art of thievery. tongue tongue
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by pastormmadu(m): 6:43am On Mar 01, 2013
Omo Alata: They probably robbed him of N5,000 and he's inflated it. So, will she pay the victim back his money or how does it work?

Yσυ see yøúř life?
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by baysol: 7:17am On Mar 01, 2013
Twisted mind, let that be the conscience if any of the victim. Your assertion point to you being birds of the same feather like the accused. What do you care if she pays double as if the trauma the victim went through is enough to equate hers. if you have nothing to say just shot the mouth.
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by baysol: 7:17am On Mar 01, 2013
Twisted mind, let that be the conscience if any of the victim. Your assertion point to you being birds of the same feather like the accused. What do you care if she pays double as if the trauma the victim went through is enough to equate hers. If you have nothing to say just shot the mouth.
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 01, 2013
Lagos, city of vices
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by blessedchosen: 8:13am On Mar 01, 2013
God is ready to help anyone who believe on His word and cried to Him for help (Mark 9:20-26). We all should cry and show God that we believe His word and ready to keep His commandment and ask Him to help you to be holy and make you holy. He will do it (Mark 9:23-24). His grace is sufficient (2Corinthians 12:9). So, stop making excuses why you cannot live holy life.Remember,Jesus Christ is coming for the holy,righteous and ready people without spot(Ephesians 5:26-27; Mathew 24:42-44)
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by blessedchosen: 8:13am On Mar 01, 2013
Proverbs 31:4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:
Proverbs 31:5 Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.
Proverbs 31:6 Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by blessedchosen: 8:14am On Mar 01, 2013
Apologise to Jesus for loving pleasure more than loving God.....for loving the world and the uncleanness in the world......for your coldness, and weakness....for your spiritual naivity, and spineless christian life. Since you said you became a christian, how many souls have you won for Jesus? Repent today before it gets too late for you.
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by blessedchosen: 8:15am On Mar 01, 2013
Mathew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looks on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
Mathew 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
1Thessalonians 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by ikmba(m): 8:53am On Mar 01, 2013

i dnt ur point
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by eltido(m): 8:55am On Mar 01, 2013
iamswizz: WHAT A MAN CAN DO ................

A WOMAN CAN DO BETTER! kiss
u dn old o
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by IbukaDantata: 11:08am On Mar 01, 2013

Admin please call the police, a member of the gang is here on nairaland. He knows exactly how much they collected from the victim. He must be their leader
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by Exponental(m): 12:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
Nostradamu: Dis one no bi one chance,na 2nd chance be dis,.....person wey dem suspect say she dey rob ppl,dem con allow am go on bail of 20,000.000 (at least she gain 10,000.00). Abi my ppl,dis case get as e bi undecided.... abi e bi as the case get...
N20k bail, not freed. Two sureties will be held liable if she jumps bail......... So, hw certain are u, she will get them with d type of past she had?
Re: Female ' One Chance' Thief Arraigned In Lagos by staaari: 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
>>The police prosecutor, Cpl. Raphael Donny, told the court that Joy, whose address was unknown<<

This where naija problem lies!

address unknown

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Parade Four Notorious Robbers Terrorizing Bayelsa State (photo) / Facility To Track Olajide Sowore's Murderers, Kidnappers Is Bad – Police / Driver Kidnapped By Unknown Gunmen In Port-harcourt, Car Abandoned. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.