Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,856 members, 7,862,805 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Benedict Gives Last Apostolic Blessing As Pope - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benedict Gives Last Apostolic Blessing As Pope (548 Views)

Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' / Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns / Pope Benedict To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benedict Gives Last Apostolic Blessing As Pope by Ubenedictus(m): 7:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
- Benedict XVI gave a brief and emotional final farewell this evening, moments after arriving to the papal residence of Castel Gandolfo where he will stay for several weeks before taking up residence in a monastery within the Vatican walls.

After 8 p.m., he said he will be simply "a pilgrim who is beginning the last part of his pilgrimage on earth."

"Thank you, thank you from my heart. I am happy to be here with you, surrounded by the beauty of Creation and your friendship that does me so much good, thank you for your friendship, for caring," he told the cheering crowds from the central balcony of the residence.

"You know that today is different from others … as of 8 p.m., I will no longer be the Supreme Pontiff of the Catholic Church. I will simply be a pilgrim who is beginning the last part of his pilgrimage on earth."

"But with my heart, my love, my prayer, with all my interior strength, I will work for the common good and the good of the Church and all humanity," he continued, speaking without a script.

"And I feel greatly supported by your affection. Let us move forward together with the Lord for the good of the Church and the world."

"I will now impart upon you all my Apostolic Blessing.

Thank you and good night. Thank you all!"
whadya think
Re: Benedict Gives Last Apostolic Blessing As Pope by tpia5: 12:06am On Mar 01, 2013
hmm, history has been made.

a generation seeing what generations before them never saw.

oh well, God is on his throne.
Re: Benedict Gives Last Apostolic Blessing As Pope by italo: 9:26am On Mar 01, 2013
I love my good old 'German Shepherd!'
Re: Benedict Gives Last Apostolic Blessing As Pope by Ubenedictus(m): 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2013
italo: I love my good old 'German Shepherd!'
hope u know say german shepherd na dog?
Re: Benedict Gives Last Apostolic Blessing As Pope by tpia5: 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
he's actually of italian ancestry as well, not sure why its only the german part people are seeing.

he doesnt even look german, imo.

he's more of a meditterranean(sp) appearance.
Re: Benedict Gives Last Apostolic Blessing As Pope by Ubenedictus(m): 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2013
tpia@:
he's actually of italian ancestry as well, not sure why its only the german part people are seeing.

he doesnt even look german, imo.

he's more of a meditterranean(sp) appearance.

e b like say u go trace e ancestry?
Re: Benedict Gives Last Apostolic Blessing As Pope by tpia5: 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2013
the info was published as soon as he became pope.

I was one of the viewers during the papal election.

his maternal ancestry is italian but currently of german origin (or vice versa).

you can still see the italian in his features.
Re: Benedict Gives Last Apostolic Blessing As Pope by Ubenedictus(m): 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2013
tpia@:
the info was published as soon as he became pope.

I was one of the viewers during the papal election.

his maternal ancestry is italian but currently of german origin (or vice versa).

you can still see the italian in his features.
u are right though, he may also have distant jewish ancestry

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Church Gets New Pope, White Smoke Rises In Vatican / Weak Point Of Many Christian. / Easter Sunday Theme Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.