Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) (3584 Views)

APC Governors Shun Progressive Governors Forum / Jonathan Meets Rebel Governors On Sunday / Open Advice To South West Governors On Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by babapupa: 12:36am On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva: This doesn't prove jack. Why didn't they work round maiduguri without their security detail?

Security detail means nothing, even the JTF with their superior firepower gets blown off and killed just like the helpless Nigerians BH slaughter everyday.

The fact remains that your weak and chicken president have more guns and security details as the commander in chief and the chief security officer than these governors and still lacks courage and not man enough to visit that state.

Of what use are you as the president of Nigeria, the commander in chef and the chief security officer of Nigeria if any part of Nigeria and the country you swore to protect is a no go area for you?

It's that they call some of you the leaders of tomorrow, but you sound and act like the weak and incompetent leaders of today.

2 Likes

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Afam4eva(m): 12:41am On Mar 02, 2013
babapupa:

Security detail means nothing, even the JTF with their superior firepower gets blown off and killed just like the helpless Nigerians BH slaughter everyday.
I will only believe them if they can spend at least one week in Maiduguri. FRom the picture sef you can sense fear in them. I trust Igbo man Rochas. Did you notice that he was not visible in the first picture? That's because he was between those in fron and those at the back. So that if yawa gas, he'll have a second chance. I pity Oshiomole. See as him dey waka for front like say na him get Bokoharam.

On a more serious note, BH sees no need attacking this BK guys cause they don't really have any grouse with them. Their fight is against the FG and not local champs whose governance have no bearing on them.

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Pukkah: 12:44am On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva: This doesn't prove jack. Why didn't they work round maiduguri without their security detail?

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is the Commander in Chief of Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Has he done it with or without his security details?

If you say cotton wool is not heavy, it's because you've not carried a sufficient quantity.

To the objective political pundits in PDP, this 'proves jack'.

3 Likes

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by babapupa: 12:47am On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
I will only believe them if they can spend at least one week in Maiduguri. FRom the picture sef you can sense fear in them. I trust Igbo man Rochas. Did you notice that he was not visible in the first picture? That's because he was between those in fron and those at the back. So that if yawa gas, he'll have a second chance. I pity Oshiomole. See as him dey waka for front like say na him get Bokoharam.

On a more serious note, BH sees no need attacking this BK guys cause they don't really have any grouse with them. Their fight is against the FG and not local champs whose governance have no bearing on them.

But your president wont even spend a second there so what's your point?

I'll just ignore the rest of your thoughtless rubbish..

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Afam4eva(m): 12:50am On Mar 02, 2013
Pukkah:

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is the Commander in Chief of Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Has he done it with or without his security details?

If you say cotton wool is not heavy, it's because you've not carried a sufficient quantity.

To the objective political pundits in PDP, this 'proves jack'.
These nonentity governors are not bokoharam targets but Goodluck Jonathan as the president of Nigeria is a target. So, he must be very careful. That's not to say that i support the fact that he has refused to visit Maiduguri.

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Pukkah: 12:56am On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva:

You're hair-splitting and bending over to tediously prove a point.

If you carry a crate of eggs in one hand and a bunch of palm fruits in the other hand and then walk backwards from Lagos to Maiduguri, those who won't praise you would still deride you.

If they spend a week there without any mishap, you would say they've abandoned governance in their states. If there's a mishap, you would say 'shebi you don talk am'.

So if the grouse of Boko Haram is towards the FG, why were some of you saying Buhari should go there? Why was Obasanjo hailed when he visited?

The person that should spend a week (or one month sef) in Maiduguri is Jonathan (the Commander in Chief). This is one of the plausible ways (albeit belated) for him to counter this easily perceptible political point by the opposition.
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Pukkah: 1:00am On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
These nonentity governors are not bokoharam targets but Goodluck Jonathan as the president of Nigeria is a target. So, he must be very careful. That's not to say that i support the fact that he has refused to visit Maiduguri.

You do not support the fact that he has refused to visit Maiduguri yet you've labelled these governors as nonentities! Haba!

If the visiting governors had been Chime, Obi, Akpabio, Imoke and Amechi, would you have referred to them as nonentities?

Fair is fair.

Let's remember the golden rule in everything we do/say.
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Afam4eva(m): 1:05am On Mar 02, 2013
Pukkah:

You do not support the fact that he has refused to visit Maiduguri yet you've labelled these governors as nonentities! Haba!

If the visiting governors had been Chime, Obi, Akpabio, Imoke and Amechi, would you have referred to them as nonentities?

Fair is fair.

Let's remember the golden rule in everything we do/say.
My use of the term "nonentities" just seeks to highlight the fact that they are not Bokoharam's enemies. BK is not looking for them. It won't make any difference if the visiting governors were Chime, Akpabio, Obi or Amaechi. So, fair is fair.

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by babapupa: 1:05am On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva:

They are nonentity governors right? Just because they were bold and men enough to do what the president of Nigeria is too scared to do?

Btw, so GEJ is BH's main target, but what about the innocent Nigerians that get slaughtered everyday, what about the restaurants and places of worship that get blown up by BH far far away from Aso Rock?

You people are cheap replicas of our clueless and dumb president, you are even too lame to be his spokesman and supporter.

2 Likes

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by ba7man(m): 1:19am On Mar 02, 2013
This walk is a Psychological move to win hearts by showing compassion and courage. Its a smart move by them. True leaders must possess both.

2 Likes

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Pukkah: 1:27am On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
My use of the term "nonentities" just seeks to highlight the fact that they are not Bokoharam's enemies. BK is not looking for them. It won't make any difference if the visiting governors were Chime, Akpabio, Obi or Amaechi. So, fair is fair.

You can't prove that Boko Haram isn't looking for them. Afterall, they're dignitaries.

You claimed the FG is the target yet even Emirs were attacked.

Wait, are you saying they took NO risk with this Maiduguri Walk?
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by KnowAll(m): 2:08am On Mar 02, 2013
It only takes one snipper's bullet to bring down any target. We all know Gaddaffi's armoury was looted and there are more sophistacated weaponry lying about througout d sahel regions of Africa. Maiduguri been at d epic centre of an insurgency, it would be foolhardy, if not utter silliness & rather childish for Mr Phd President to disregard his security details and embark on a journey of pardition.

What is at stakes here, Borno State & Yobe State, in d grand scheme of things, these 2 states are Political minows, Jonathan sticking his neck out for an overzealous BH, or better still an aboki officer turning his gun on his oga cannot be discounted. We are all aware of d Politics going on in d Army with d Chief of Army staff accused of Tribalism.

If I were Jonsthan i will stear clear of Borno, but then, to show loyalty to d innocent citizens of Borno State, d Federal Govt should be able to, obviously once a well orcheastrated and meticulous plan is put in place, move all activites of Governance to Borno State for one week. It can be done, I thought every state has a Presidential Lodge, what is d lodge for? if d number one August visitor in d country will not visit.

To stay parmanently away from Msifuguti is a bit troublesome but then is d stake worth d risk.
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by 4Play(m): 2:26am On Mar 02, 2013
I'm not sure what this piece of political theatre is suppossed to prove. If anything, in a country where suspicion and mistrust are rife, this will only strenghten the suspicion of those who subscribe to the view that the upsurge in Boko Haram violence is linked to opposition to GEJ's ascendancy to power.

It would be more impressive if they were walking the streets of Yenagoa.
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by GARRIx7(m): 2:45am On Mar 02, 2013
@Afam:

Now I understand why you chickened out of the November 2012 debate...

Your posts on this topic as usual are weak and beggarly...

cheesycheesycheesy

Meanwhile I hope you saw Freeblobe's last post on page 1 or Insults such as those aren't a part of the interest of IGBOs that you were employed to protect....abi??

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by otokx(m): 3:50am On Mar 02, 2013
The is a political move which is quite decisive.
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by GARRIx7(m): 6:20am On Mar 02, 2013
FreeGlobe:
if your mother simply swallowed she would have saved us the discomfort of having a maggot like you troll every thread.
So the Iraq war was not part of Americas business? It was your brothers and sisters in OPC that were fighting the war fool. You justify someone as a coward because he is not walking the empty streets of maidugri and whooping media propaganda like these charlatans. You need a brain transplant asap. How many times do OPC and Fulani fought the war and how many times have fashola physically gone there to seperate the warring factions himself fool.

Look at this hopeless bas.t.ard..

If the wh0re you call your mother had been a little more decent we'd have been spared the stress of having a tadpole around who calls his useless self foolishGLOBE. Instead she opened her sewer-like vag1na for every Gorilla around her...

Thank God Federal forces decimated the Gorilla you call your father while carrying out his MASSOB activities and your wh0re of a mother will soon die of AIDS gotten from her fvcking around so she won't be producing more m0r0ns like you..

When she's gone bury her beside ur dads grave and send me the address so that I can send my dog to go piss and shit on their corpses...

..Watch your back lest you get killed by Peter Obi's mercenaries and your worthless corpse dumped in Ezu River just like those of your brothers..

cheesycheesycheesy

3 Likes

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by olabukola: 6:57am On Mar 02, 2013
It seems people are warned not to come out of their balcony.
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Pukkah: 7:12am On Mar 02, 2013
4 Play: I'm not sure what this piece of political theatre is suppossed to prove. If anything, in a country where suspicion and mistrust are rife, this will only strenghten the suspicion of those who subscribe to the view that the upsurge in Boko Haram violence is linked to opposition to GEJ's ascendancy to power.

It would be more impressive if they were walking the streets of Yenagoa.

What would have been your reaction if the menace of Boko Haram had started after Jonathan became President? But you see, it was under Yar'adua's government that their leader was killed.

You're saying it's safer for these governors to walk the streets of Maiduguri than Yenagoa? This sounds ludicrous to me. Please explain.

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Pukkah: 7:15am On Mar 02, 2013
olabukola: It seems people are warned not to come out of their balcony.

Which people were warned? Who warned them? What's the connection between balconies and this
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by 4Play(m): 8:15am On Mar 02, 2013
Pukkah:

What would have been your reaction if the menace of Boko Haram had started after Jonathan became President? But you see, it was under Yar'adua's government that their leader was killed.

You are refuting a straw man argument that I didn't make. We know that Boko Haram existed before GEJ's administration but the campaign of violence escalated after he became President in a manner that suggests that much of the violence is inspired by the mere fact that he is President. I don't think it's far-fetched to say that the Northern Islamists will be far keener to kill GEJ than Oshiomole or any of the other Governors.

That the opposition walked through the streets of a city gripped by anti-Govt sentiment and violence is arguably less impressive than walking the streets of a place like Yenagoa which is virulently pro-GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by ypzilanti: 8:31am On Mar 02, 2013
FreeGlobe:
you have remained a dullard who has refused to grow common sense. So until GEJ goes to maidugri with the toughest security details and waves to the sky in an empty street or until he goes to meet boko haram face to face himself you wont be satisfied. [b]I hope Bush was also visiting Iraq and Afghanistan during the heat of the war. [/b]If this empty show of publicity excites you then you are irredeemably mad.

Actually, Bush did visit Iraq and Afganistan at least twice each before he left office. Just fact checking.
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Abagworo(m): 8:35am On Mar 02, 2013
GARRI (x7):
And the Cretin in Chief of the Armed forces of Nigeria is‎​ hiding somewhere in Aso-Rock under Patience' wrapper...

Shame on the Coward we have as President!!

Same coward who transferred a National Celebration from Eagle's square to his bedroom because of fear of Boko Haram...

Shame on the Aso-Rock drunkard!!!

angry angry

Please will you stop insulting our President! If you disrespect him, you disrespect Nigeria. I'm not in support of his leadership style but if you disrespect him in my face, I'll smash your f**king head!
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by ypzilanti: 8:42am On Mar 02, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Yes! they have scored a major political point only in the tribalist SW. Its funny how you losers always shift goal posts regularly to justify your fraudulently media loving governors. Oh its now for GEJ to visit Borno before you call him a good Prez. what difference will this visit of these charlatans called governors make to Borno? Will it stop Boko Haram there? In any case why did this again charlatans called governors wait until their personal ambitions through APC to visit Borno? Where they not in Nigeria all this while. Why are they bent on playing politics with boko haram? You should hide your head in shame.

Honestly, there is a reason why Presidents visit war fronts. Example, George Bush visited Afghanistan and Iraq serverally. Also, Obama has been to Afghanistan. More recently, the French President visited troops in Mali.

The reason is to give a morale boost to the soldiers and the people. Also, to say 'I am with you in this'. Another reason is to strike a psychological blow on the rebels and let them know that the Commander in Chief ain't running scared. Say what you want, but as soon as JTF quelled the disturbances to a manageable rate, GEJ should have visited the state and shown solidarity with his countrymen. Anyway, maybe he has already written off the votes of that section of town...but a Nationalist leader should not be thinking about only votes. It's our innocent brothers and sisters that are being murdered by a crazy sect in their religion. Majority do not support Boko Haram.

2 Likes

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by doctokwus: 8:54am On Mar 02, 2013
Its not so much to plead wt GEJ to also go along wt his more formidable security details(pres guards,sss,army,navy,airforce,police,civil defence);@least for a start.
Its annoying wen out of sycophantic support pple cannot acknowledge wen their principal has erred&admit so
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Pukkah: 9:03am On Mar 02, 2013
4 Play:

You are refuting a straw man argument that I didn't make. We know that Boko Haram existed before GEJ's administration but the campaign of violence escalated after he became President in a manner that suggests that much of the violence is inspired by the mere fact that he is President. I don't think it's far-fetched to say that the Northern Islamists will be far keener to kill GEJ than Oshiomole or any of the other Governors.

That the opposition walked through the streets of a city gripped by anti-Govt sentiment and violence is arguably less impressive than walking the streets of a place like Yenagoa which is virulently pro-GEJ.

Has Boko Haram stated that it's against Jonathan? You've assumed that it's against President Jonathan SIMPLY because the problem got worse after him. Don't problems generally get worse if they remain untackled? Is kidnapping problem not getting worse in the South? Is there any assurance that the Boko Haram problem would not have got worse under Yar'adua?

This is an attempt to cheapen the governors' visit. If they had announced the visit before going there, people like you would probably have dared/taunted them because Boko Haram had even been attacking emirs and threatening governors. They kill their own people on a regular basis.

Now that they've gone, rather than commend them or just ignore the news, you're saying they should go to Yenagoa. Are you saying the people of Yenagoa are so intolerant to the extent that they would attack them? Are you insinuating that Yenagoa is more unsafe than Maiduguri?

Fast forward to 2015. Won't the opposition campaign in 'virulently pro-GEJ' Yenagoa or would Jonathan still avoid Borno state and its environs? We are waiting.

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by inspirenet: 9:58am On Mar 02, 2013
Reptyle:

Are you serious? If it was so easy to walk the streets of Maiduguri with a retinue of armed security as these Governors have done, Why does the President and "Commander in Chief" of the Nigerian armed forces not try it? Surely with absolute control over the armed forces, he can command all of the forces to volunteer deploy their best men and ordinances to Borno to guarantee his security while he visits and commiserates with indigenes of the state right?

The President's refusal to visit Borno for whatever reason will continue to haunt his administration and remain a sore point. There is absolutely no justification for that.

lipsrsealed
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by drnoel: 10:07am On Mar 02, 2013
GARRI (x7):
And the Cretin in Chief of the Armed forces of Nigeria is‎​ hiding somewhere in Aso-Rock under Patience' wrapper...

Shame on the Coward we have as President!!

Same coward who transferred a National Celebration from Eagle's square to his bedroom because of fear of Boko Haram...

Shame on the Aso-Rock drunkard!!!

angry angry
Na wah 4 una. Its all political maneuver setup to make sure that you act exactly how you're doing now. I admire their confidence and was surprised when I saw the pix, that was before I then saw what they hoped to gain if they got there before Jonathan. The knew the president would go there in a few weeks so they ran there first, it all spells political under tones. Remember still they would get there prepared with lots of military power so they don't have anything to fear.

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by 4Play(m): 10:58am On Mar 02, 2013
Pukkah:
Has Boko Haram stated that it's against Jonathan? You've assumed that it's against President Jonathan SIMPLY because the problem got worse after him. Don't problems generally get worse if they remain untackled? Is kidnapping problem not getting worse in the South? Is there any assurance that the Boko Haram problem would not have got worse under Yar'adua?

The Governors themselves congratulated security forces for largely pacifying Maiduguri which made it possible for them to be there, so I'm not sure about untackled problems. Boko Haram's violent ideology isn't compatible with a Christian president. It's no different from the sudden urgency to implement Sharia law in various Northern states after OBJ became President. Religion is used to mask deeper angst about having an infidel ruler from the South. I know GEJ has been the subject of death threats by Boko Haram, I can't seem to recall his presidential rivals like Buhari being so as well.

This is an attempt to cheapen the governors' visit. If they had announced the visit before going there, people like you would probably have dared/taunted them because Boko Haram had even been attacking emirs and threatening governors. They kill their own people on a regular basis.

Now that they've gone, rather than commend them or just ignore the news, you're saying they should go to Yenagoa. Are you saying the people of Yenagoa are so intolerant to the extent that they would attack them? Are you insinuating that Yenagoa is more unsafe than Maiduguri?

Yenagoa is safer than Maiduguri but in a political campaign, it is safer for politicians opposed to GEJ to stage political theatre in a more sympathetic city like Maiduguri than Yenagoa. The reverse will be the case for GEJ.

Nigerian politicians hardly do anything commendable. Whether GEJ campaigns in Maiduguri is irrelevant, I don't think it serves any practical purpose to put your life or the lives of Nigeria's security personnel in additional danger just to stage political theatre. If any shooting occurs while he's visiting, he will be whisked away in a helicopter whilst some poorly equipped and barely paid soldier or policeman is left to face mayhem. It's pointless political theatre that masks the lack of detailed policy initiatives on how to develop and secure the country.
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by yomexp(m): 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
4 Play:

Did I hear you say yenegoa?
Yenegoa or bayelsa as a whole is inconsequential in nigeria politics; the entire population is not up to alimosho local gov in lagos.
Politics is a game of number you know
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by babapupa: 4:12pm On Mar 02, 2013
yenegoa??

These GEJ apologists are sure not helping him with there lackluster performance.

Talk about dullards defending dullards.
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Demdem(m): 5:17pm On Mar 02, 2013

I cant believe my MOD is the one making this daft statement. WTF angry angry

despite JTF so called achievement in Borno, the retardeen still deem it fit not to visit the place so far. What a coard he remains.
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Igwe9(m): 6:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
Let face the fact,
Even Obama with all his military sophistication and drones could not visit Abuja Nigeria not to talk of Maiduguri 'cos of the security situation talk more of Gej.
APC governors can parade anyway they like, after all, is either they have settled the Boko haram or they themselves are the Boko Haram.

Who that dines with the devil does so with a long spoon, hence US and UK warned their people not to travel to the northern states of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fight Against Corruption: Is President Jonathan Getting It Right? / See How Nigerians Are Being Maltreated In Malaysia / There Is something Wrong With Any Yoruba Man Supporting Gej

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.