Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) (3586 Views)

APC Governors Shun Progressive Governors Forum / Jonathan Meets Rebel Governors On Sunday / Open Advice To South West Governors On Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by FreeGlobe(f): 9:27pm On Mar 01, 2013
Reptyle:

Are you serious? If it was so easy to walk the streets of Maiduguri with a retinue of armed security as these Governors have done, Why does the President and "Commander in Chief" of the Nigerian armed forces not try it? Surely with absolute control over the armed forces, he can command all of the forces to volunteer deploy their best men and ordinances to Borno to guarantee his security while he visits and commiserates with indigenes of the state right?

The President's refusal to visit Borno for whatever reason will continue to haunt his administration and remain a sore point. There is absolutely no justification for that.
why should he go there? why? Don't we have Security chiefs again? Who is he going to meet?
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Reptyle(m): 9:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I don't like when dubious characters with an IQ of a lizard quote my post. Here is the quote retardeen.

" In a stunning mission conducted under enormous secrecy,[\b] President Bush flew into Baghdad today aboard Air Force One to have dinner with United States officials and a group of astonished American troops."

[b]You left out the enormous Secrecy in your quote for obvious reasons fool. It wasn't even at the heat of the war meanwhile Sambo visited Maidugri so whats the big deal

http://scannewsnigeria.com/news/sambo-defies-boko-haram-visits-borno-says-jonathan-administration-committed-to-total-peace-in-borno-state/

You really need to stop pushing this harebrained excuse for the President's failure to show compassion to the people of Borno. Bush paid a visit to Iraq in "enormous secrecy." Let our President also pay an unscheduled visit to Borno in utmost secrecy.

Only a few days ago, the new Governor of Kaduna State paid a visit to Zangon Kataf amidst heightened security concerns stemming from the recent killings of some southern Kaduna Christians. The visit was top secret and was done with absolutely no fanfare so as not to attract undue attention. Amidst tight security, with no prior announcement and without sirens, the Muslim governor visited each of the bereaved families and consoled them. Most of them expressed shock and surprise at the visit and were genuinely touched with his compassion.

Inspite of the security situation in Borno, it is home to millions of NIGERIANS who are suffering under the yoke of Islamic extremists and often over zealous and trigger happy government troops. Mr. Jonathan owes them leadership and empathy at a time like this. Pls tell him to visit them...they are Nigerians too.

3 Likes

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by FreeGlobe(f): 9:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
Reptyle:

You really need to stop pushing this harebrained excuse for the President's failure to show compassion to the people of Borno. Bush paid a visit to Iraq in "enormous secrecy." Let our President also pay an unscheduled visit to Borno in utmost secrecy.

Only a few days ago, the new Governor of Kaduna State paid a visit to Zangon Kataf amidst heightened security concerns stemming from the recent killings of some southern Kaduna Christians. The visit was top secret and was done with absolutely no fanfare so as not to attract undue attention. Amidst tight security, with no prior announcement and without sirens, the Muslim governor visited each of the bereaved families and consoled them. Most of them expressed shock and surprise at the visit and were genuinely touched with his compassion.

Inspite of the security situation in Borno, it is home to millions of NIGERIANS who are suffering under the yoke of Islamic extremists and often over zealous and trigger happy government troops. Mr. Jonathan owes them leadership and empathy at a time like this. Pls tell him to visit them...they are Nigerians too.
you want GEJ to visit the people of Borno and you want him to do it in utmost secrecy. Clap for yourself. You have just won the clown of the year. fvck off my posts.

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Reptyle(m): 9:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:
why should he go there? why? Don't we have Security chiefs again? Who is he going to meet?

Let him go and see the Nigerians who live in Borno, Yobe and other such Nigerian States where radical Islamists are bombing and killing innocent Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Dibiachukwu: 9:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
So these people are supposed to solve all our problems by parading the empty streets and waving in the air to nobody. Ok o
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Reptyle(m): 9:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:
you want GEJ to visit the people of Borno and you want him to do it in utmost secrecy. Clap for yourself. You have just won the clown of the year. fvck off my posts.

I know ur type...resort to insults when ur warped arguments are called to question. I'm not in the mood for that today so Goodluck to you(pun intended) grin

2 Likes

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by takedat(m): 9:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
Reptyle:

I know ur type...resort to insults when ur warped arguments are called to question. I'm not in the mood for that today so Goodluck to you(pun intended) grin
Touche!
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by babapupa: 9:54pm On Mar 01, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by babapupa: 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
I don't get this weak and sule president. The people you rule and voted for you suffer and live with BH every day, but even with the whole of Nigerian military behind you, you are still to scared like a chicken to visit and sympathize with them.

Of what use are you as the president and commander in chief if a major chunk of the country is a no go area for you?

This dullard and colossal clown shouldn't be a class prefect talk less the president of any country..

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Pukkah: 10:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:
you have remained a dullard who has refused to grow common sense. So until GEJ goes to maidugri with the toughest security details and waves to the sky in an empty street or until he goes to meet boko haram face to face himself you wont be satisfied. I hope Bush was also visiting Iraq and Afghanistan during the heat of the war. If this empty show of publicity excites you then you are irredeemably mad.

Your analogy is ridiculous. Was Bush the President of Iraq or Afghanistan?
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by FreeGlobe(f): 10:20pm On Mar 01, 2013
babapupa: I don't get this weak and sule president. The people you rule and voted for you suffer and live with BH every day, but even with the whole of Nigerian military behind you, you are still to scared like a chicken to visit and sympathize with them.

Of what use are you as the president and commander in chief if a major chunk of the country is a no go area for you?

This dullard and colossal clown shouldn't be a class prefect talk less the president of any country..
can you provide us pics of obasanjos visit to odi? Thanks in advance eko fraud

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Pukkah: 10:36pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:

So it's right for Jonathan not to visit Maiduguri because OBJ did not visit Odi? That's even assuming that the two cases are similar; and of course they're not.

What you've unwittingly admitted is that Obasanjo is now the yardstick for Jonathan?

If yes, OBJ paid off our debts so why is Jonathan accumulating more?

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by jmaine: 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
Why camera men no show us the crowd wey our various governors dey wave to . . . The place looks a bit scanty undecided . .

Meanwhile, Osho baba no dey joke at all grin

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by babapupa: 10:42pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:

This comparison is not only off, it shows how empty and shallow you are.

Anyway, good to know Jonathan is not his own man since all he has is OBJ's shadow to trail like mumu.

How re/tarded can you be sef..

2 Likes

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Pukkah: 10:46pm On Mar 01, 2013
jmaine: Why camera men no show us the crowd wey our various governors dey wave to . . . The place looks a bit scanty undecided . .

Meanwhile, Osho baba no dey joke at all grin

Let's assume there was no crowd.

Let's agree the place was scanty.

However, they were physically present at the hotbed of insecurity.

Every discerning and fair-minded person will concede that these people have just scored a major political point.

2 Likes

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by jmaine: 10:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
Pukkah:

Every discerning and fair-minded person will concede that these people have just scored a major political point.

Yes, they scored a political point, but in my opinion not major as you might deem it to reflect the entire political landscape of Nigeria . . .

Every discerning and fair minded folk can't equally deny the crushing, quelling, and suppressing impact of the JTF on BH; which made this publicity stunt very possible .

I love the political inclination of their visit though grin . . . . .
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by babapupa: 10:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
jmaine:

Yes, they scored a political point, but in my opinion not major as you might deem it to reflect the entire political landscape of Nigeria . . .

Every discerning and fair minded folks can't equally deny the quelling impact of the JTF on BH; which made this publicity stunt very possible .

What impact? Was bombs not going off everywhere during the governors visit?

Spin it one more time, you might get lucky..

3 Likes

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by jmaine: 11:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
babapupa: What impact? Was bombs not going off everywhere during the governors visit?

Only a highly mischievous fellow will seek to deny the JTF efforts in drastically reducing the terror threat of BH in Borno from the daily mayhem we used to know

Meanwhile the bombs went off after the Governors left town not during their visit . . .

The explosions happened after the APC governors left town, after their meeting at the Government House.
The governors also took a walk to demonstrate the regime of calm in the capital city of Borno state

Source

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by FreeGlobe(f): 11:11pm On Mar 01, 2013
Pukkah:

Let's assume there was no no crowd.

Let's agree the place was scanty.

However, they were physically present at the hotbed of insecurity.

Yes! they have scored a major political point only in the tribalist SW. Its funny how you losers always shift goal posts regularly to justify your fraudulently media loving governors. Oh its now for GEJ to visit Borno before you call him a good Prez. what difference will this visit of these charlatans called governors make to Borno? Will it stop Boko Haram there? In any case why did this again charlatans called governors wait until their personal ambitions through APC to visit Borno? Where they not in Nigeria all this while. Why are they bent on playing politics with boko haram? You should hide your head in shame.

3 Likes

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by FreeGlobe(f): 11:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
babapupa:

This comparison is not only off, it shows how empty and shallow you are.

Anyway, good to know Jonathan is not his own man since all he has is OBJ's shadow to trail like mumu.

How re/tarded can you be sef..

you and this your amala and tuwo reasoning. Is it not you folks that keep telling us how OBJ would have ended boko haram? How is the comparison off? Is it because it has to do with GEJ now? Go siddon jare mumu.

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Pukkah: 11:22pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Yes! they have scored a major political point only in the tribalist SW. Its funny how you losers always shift goal posts regularly to justify your fraudulently media loving governors. Oh its now for GEJ to visit Borno before you call him a good Prez. what difference will this visit of these charlatans called governors make to Borno? Will it stop Boko Haram there? In any case why did this again charlatans called governors wait until their personal ambitions through APC to visit Borno? Where they not in Nigeria all this while. Why are they bent on playing politics with boko haram? You should hide your head in shame.

You're surprised that politicians are playing politics with an issue? What manner of thinking is that? Why are they politicians? Didn't Jonathan play politics with the Governor's Forum and so many other issues?

Meanwhile, I've ignored all your name-calling and ill-bred language.

Abuse is not the forte of intellectuals and people with the right upbringing.

Argue without insults.

Prove your case without gutter language.

Convince without cursing.

3 Likes

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by babapupa: 11:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
jmaine:

Only a highly mischievous fellow will seek to deny the JTF efforts in drastically reducing the terror threat of BH in Borno from the daily mayhem we used to know

Meanwhile the bombs went off after the Governors left town not during their visit . . .

Source

This is title of your news article Multiple bomb explosions as APC govs meet in Maiduguri

And bombs exploding after their departure makes no difference during or after, it still truncated your calm claim. It's says it's still a violent place where Nigerians die needlessly because of share incompetence of the chief security officer of Nigeria and his weak, pansy and sissy attitude and even his inability to show support and solidarity with the people he swore to protect as the commander in chief.

Bomb or no bomb, explosion or no explosion, the governors showed courage because it's still a war zone.

Spin harder a lil bit, you still might get lucky...

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by babapupa: 11:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:
you and this your amala and tuwo reasoning. Is it not you folks that keep telling us how OBJ would have ended boko haram? How is the comparison off? Is it because it has to do with GEJ now? Go siddon jare mumu.

Ok, you've made your point, Jonathan is not his own man and OBJ is still his alpha/omega. You don't have to keep proving all that..

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Pukkah: 11:30pm On Mar 01, 2013
jmaine:

Every discerning and fair minded folk can't equally deny the crushing, quelling, and suppressing impact of the JTF on BH; which made this publicity stunt very possible .

I think your take on this is fair but If I were an adviser of the President/PDP, my thinking cap would be on to see how to quickly counter this political point - whether major or minor.

To be honest, these APC guys appear to be gathering momentum. They've even received endorsements from unexpected quarters.

There is no region in Nigeria that can alone produce the President. Two regions can't even do it. Remember that Jonathan became the President because of Northern and SW votes (of course in addition to SS and SE). Just imagine the implications of a major party that's strong in those areas that helped Jonathan win.

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by jmaine: 11:33pm On Mar 01, 2013
babapupa:

This is title of your news article Multiple bomb explosions as APC govs meet in Maiduguri

I gave you the content which is the main crux of the article, So ?

babapupa:

And bombs exploding after their departure makes no difference during or after, it still truncated your calm claim. It's says it's still a violent place where Nigerians die needlessly because of share incompetence of the chief security officer of Nigeria and his weak, pansy and sissy attitude and even his inability to show support and solidarity with the people he swore to protect as the commander in chief.

I still maintain that only a highly mischievous fellow will seek to deny the JTF efforts in drastically reducing the terror threat of BH in Borno from the daily mayhem we used to know

babapupa:

Bomb or no bomb, explosion or no explosion, the governors showed courage because it's still a war zone.

Undeniably correct . . . .

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by jmaine: 11:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
Pukkah:

I think your take on this is fair but If I were an adviser of the President/PDP, my thinking cap would be on to see how to quickly counter this political point - whether major or minor.

Exactly , but this publicity move made sense wink , even though peeps are still observing the APC further to decipher their main intent and content . . .

Pukkah:

To be honest, these APC guys appear to be gathering momentum. They've even received endorsements from unexpected quarters

I feel that's good for our democracy, all they need do is sustain their current momentum and show consistently why they are different . . . .

Pukkah:

There is no region in Nigeria that can produce the President alone. Two regions can't even do it. Remember that Jonathan became the President because of Northern and SW votes (of course in addition to SS and SE). Just imagine the implications of a major party that's strong in those areas that helped Jonathan win.

To be fair , you sounded as if the SW and the North were the chief cause of GEJ victory which i feel wasn't really the case . . .

The SW - North central tussle, the SS & SE wholesale block votes did it, though scraping the mandatory 25 % in the Core North ensured his victory was validated . . .

The North might be easily swayed towards the APC but the SW are quite technical when it comes to perception rating . . .

The APC manifesto, the various conducts of their leading players which are the governors and the ultimate factor which is their choice of presidential candidate will be a great decider . .

Interesting times lies ahead which am itching to see . . . .
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by babapupa: 11:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
jmaine:

I gave you the content which is the main crux of the article, So ?

Makes no difference since we are still talking about explosions and unrest and the fact that nothing happened to the governors during their visit doesn't mean maiduguri is not violent place or a place where Nigerians die everyday which was also proven with explosions to send them off.

And if the place is so calm and your jtf is doing such an awesome job, why is your weak and chicken president still too scared to visit and relate with the people he swore to protect as the president of Nigeria?

Do you people get paid to spin the unspinnable on behalf of these incompetent people?

Undeniably correct . . . .

This is all that matters, unfortunately the president of Nigeria with all the guns at his disposal is not man enough to display such courage.

Shame on him and his mindless defenders..

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Pukkah: 12:08am On Mar 02, 2013
jmaine:

Exactly , but this is one publicity move that made sense, even though peeps are still observing the APC further to decipher their main intent and content . . .

I feel that's good for our democracy, all they need do is sustain their current momentum and show consistently why they are different . . . .

To be fair , you sounded as if the SW and the North were the chief cause of GEJ victory which i feel wasn't really the case . . .

The North central tussle and and the SS & SE wholesale block votes did it, though scraping the mandatory 25 % in the Core North ensured his victory was validated . . .

The North might be easily swayed towards the APC but the SW are quite technical when it comes to perception rating . . .

The APC manifesto, the various conducts of their leading players which are the governors and the ultimate factor which is their choice of presidential candidate will be a great decider . .

Interesting times lies ahead which am itching to see . . . .

That mandatory 25% is the game changer.

The odds against PDP today are more than what we had in 2011. However, it still has the power of incumbency in its favour.

The interesting times that lie ahead are not so favourable to PDP. Anyway, this is still politics.

Honestly, nobody can beat his/her chest that another party will outperform PDP at the federal level (it's easier to be a critic than be a perfomer), but the people's yearning for change is another odd that's facing PDP. To counter this odd, the party must post a mighty, incontrovertible achievement between now and the next polls. An achievement that would be clearly seen without anyone broadcasting it on Nairaland.
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by jmaine: 12:15am On Mar 02, 2013
Pukkah:

That mandatory 25% is the game changer.

The odds against PDP today are more than what we had in 2011. However, it still has the power of incumbency in its favour.

The interesting times that lie ahead are not so favourable to PDP. Anyway, this is still politics.

Honestly, nobody can beat his/her chest that another party will outperform PDP at the federal level (it's easier to be a critic than be a perfomer), but the people's yearning for change is another odd that's facing PDP. To counter this odd, the party must post a mighty, incontrovertible achievement between now and the next polls. An achievement that would be clearly seen without anyone broadcasting it on Nairaland.

Fair enough view but your last sentence got me laughing . . . . Nairaland will still be nairaland . . .Our play and E- battle field grin

btw, the main voters of the day don't visit nairaland so it's two years of intense deft politicking to appeal to the masses . . .

The APC must convert the suspicious curiosity of the people mentioned above to believers . . .

And like you said, " This is still politics "
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by Afam4eva(m): 12:24am On Mar 02, 2013
This doesn't prove jack. Why didn't they work round maiduguri without their security detail?

1 Like

Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by jmaine: 12:27am On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva: This doesn't prove jack. Why didn't they work round maiduguri without their security detail?

Haba Oga, if na you be them, you go try am cheesy . . . . .

Atleast them show face . . .Na plus for APC publicity appeal . . . .
Re: Progressive Governors On The Street Of Maiduguri Acknowledging Cheers(pix) by dayokanu(m): 12:31am On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva: This doesn't prove jack. Why didn't they work round maiduguri without their security detail?

Does Fashola Rochas any governor or even Retardeen walk around their states without security details ?

Let retardeen the president who is the c in c also go and visit his citizens who have been troubled by boko for over 3yrs and identify with them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amazing Thought-provoking Painting "Beijing 2008" By Chinese-canadian Artist Liu / Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 / Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.