Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,069 members, 7,828,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Site Review Pls - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Site Review Pls (715 Views)

Lagoslabs.com Site Review / Colorbox / Thickbox / Critical Site Review / Site Review: Naija Lingo (pidgin English Dictionary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Site Review Pls by goldenimp(m): 12:34pm On Mar 19, 2008
please help review this site before finally handing over, thanks http://www.foursquaresatellite.org/
Re: Site Review Pls by my2cents(m): 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2008
1) A lot of broken links - find and fix them. I blv there are utilities online that can help you find such links

2) News: It would be nice for the news to scroll to a particular item, stop for a few seconds, then scroll again, as opposed to how it is now.

3) Clicking submit on each form leads me to a page that doesn't exist

4) Font color: On some pages it's blue, on others it's black. For consistency, stick to one color (preferably black).

5) About us: You put the word doc links above the menu thus shifting the menu down and making it inconsistent with other pages. I would move the docs to the content area. Spking of docs, I would convert those to pdf as not everyone uses word. It would then be nice to provide a link to adobe reader for those who don't have it and provide within the link, pdf size as well.

6) About us: It is the only page with the page title on the left side. It is inconsistent with the other pages.

7) Events: Are services the only thing the church provides? It would be nice to provide an actual calendar of events so that other events (crusades, etc) could be included. There are many utilities (like google calendar) that you can use for free and plug in to the site.

8 ) Departments: It would be nice to provide a "back to top" intra-link after each department. This would also help demarcate the departments better.

9) Home Center/Services: I think you should choose another set of colors for the rows. www.colourlover.com or any other site can help with this.

10) There are some unintuitive image links (one to what seems like webmail and the other, I have no idea). I would take them out altogether or get more intuitive images and place those in the top left corner of the content area. That way, as much as possible is above the fold on your pages.

11) There is a weird-looking (to me) border around your page content areas. Although it looks fine and dandy, it's height is inconsistent on each page. To that effect, I would say take it out or use, rather, a left border and set that to a fixed height.

I hope these help. Also, I assume you will at least take a look and implement at least 80% of these, otherwise, my typing has been all for naught.
Re: Site Review Pls by goldenimp(m): 3:23pm On Mar 19, 2008
thanks sir, im adjusting all as you said, im aware of some broken links working on that too
Re: Site Review Pls by kenflipper(m): 5:56pm On Mar 20, 2008
http://67.192.128.18/builder/demobuilder.htm

Amazing web building tool and web hosting packages, no more credit card barrier, payment in naira available. for further details visit

www.Kennwebdesigner.com

Create your web design business with us, and design a website within 10mins with our great tools.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Swish/flash Trainer / Nigerian Youth Software Developers / Nigeria's Foremost Professional It Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.