Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,599 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Questions On Sending CV Via Email - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Questions On Sending CV Via Email (5809 Views)

What Is The Proper Way Of Sending CV Through Email? / Sending CV's Online: Question / Sending Cv's Palava! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions On Sending CV Via Email by chessguru1(m): 11:47am On Mar 01, 2013
Am a fresh graduate, and am getting various answers and don't know which to apply.
When a company requests that job seekers send their CV's to an email address, are they expecting to see J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ the attached CV, or a cover letter and the CV, or some sort of formal letter of application and the CV?
Considering that these people will be going thru thousands of mails
Anyway, anyone with an idea should please help me out.
Re: Questions On Sending CV Via Email by StateOfMind: 12:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
ObamaUS: Thanks very much for your kind observations.I am an employer of labour and i placed an advert in one of the dailies on January 1st,2013.
It was very disturbing to find out that over 80% of applicants including unexperienced and fresh graduates sent their CVs to my email without introducing themselves and even addressing the CV to the recruiter.
Áll what they do is "Pls find attached,My CV,FYI'.
It got to a point i had to mail some of them and sincerely advised them never to do such things as it turns recruiters off because they receive thousands of emails and CVs and they can be put off with any little stuff.
It's quite disrespectful and rude to just send a CV without any introduction of yourself and respectful way of addressing the employers.

Please recruiters all over the world get put off with all these childish and arrogant mode of applying for jobs.

Most Nigerian graduates are not cultured and just because they have blackberry,they just think they can forward CVs to employers thinking manna will fall from heaven.
Most of the time the meaning you are passing to such recruiters is that you don't value such jobs and that is why you can just forward your CV leaving the recruiter to open the attachment.
Let's change our attitude and orientation.There are jobs in Nigeria.You only need to have the right attitude and the skills to get such jobs.
I just hired somebody yesterday on a monthly salary of N350k.The guy was very respectful in his application and mode of sending his CV.God bless you guys and God bless Nigeria

MOELLIOTT: I recruit abroad. And in agreement with poster, I do consider maturity based on email addresses. The higher you go or want to go, the more important these things become.

The issue of CV sent via Blackberry itself isn't main challenge, the highlight is the fact that it was sent without at least a short cover letter.

By all means send the CV even with your BB, but with a brief mail - short greet, brief introduction (I am responding to advert for ... in abc journal dated), one line - selling yourself (I am a first class graduate of....). Then one line - saying why you believe you are suited to post - note three inputs here a, b and c - (a. knowledge) My education ....., b. skills I have ABC skills (I am good at)...... and c. experience in/at/over xyz years (include paid and voluntary work - eg time spent helping uncle John in his small soap factory as well)...... makes me most suited for the advertised position of....).

New paragraph - one line - notifying recipient the CV is attached and a closure stating you wait to hear - All very brief.

I have been told many feel the need to "beef up" the company they are applying to - don't over do it. e.g. I beg to apply to work in your most esteemed, renowned, highly placed, reputable, international organisation. It is not needed and you are not begging, you are applying. Rather say, I would like to be considered for the position of ....... It sounds and reads better.

Thank God for internet - please if job hunting, access form filling and interview skills sites and train yourself on how it should be done. If you need help, always ask someone who you know is good at it.

Always REMEMBER you are competing against 100's of others for the post. The recruiter is going through so many applications. Help him and help yourself - MAKE YOURS STAND OUT! It requires effort.

Every success.

2 Likes

Re: Questions On Sending CV Via Email by pandorasbox1(m): 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
@obamaus; thanks for ur candid advice. please can u send me ur contact details 2my mail; kzybrown@gmail.com. I wud love to get acquinted wt u. thanks
Re: Questions On Sending CV Via Email by kebi4all(m): 7:20am On Mar 04, 2013
Thanks so much for this wonderful post (response). Please how do one get in touch with you? My mail is mkebiru@yahoo.com.
Re: Questions On Sending CV Via Email by Orgyte: 9:09am On Mar 04, 2013
this is a good piecce of advice. thank you sir. can i get to meet you. slimciggy@yahoo.com
Re: Questions On Sending CV Via Email by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 04, 2013
Thanks f̶̲̥̅̊☺ř Τ̲̅ђe info
Re: Questions On Sending CV Via Email by Somex10202(m): 9:37am On Mar 04, 2013
What of does company that just ask us to send our cv,are we suppose to put does details as wel?
Re: Questions On Sending CV Via Email by hariorh: 12:21pm On Mar 04, 2013
sadI can't believe I'm also guilty of this. Thanks for the enlightenment
Re: Questions On Sending CV Via Email by Udokakris(m): 11:48am On Sep 24, 2013
I am also a victim of this. I usually think the companies do not have time to go through the introductions since the details needed has been provided in the Resume. Thanks a lot for this new knowledge, may God bless you.
Re: Questions On Sending CV Via Email by sugarbuns(f): 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
I think it has to do wv d companY in question. Most ask for just your cv, I sent just my cv and I was called for an interview. All d same a lil' intro won't hurt it shld be plain and simple not designed wv excess grammar.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Aptitude Test For Federal Road Safety Commission (frsc) / Oando Graduate Trainee Program / Uba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.