Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Sending CV's Online: Question - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sending CV's Online: Question (1440 Views)

What Is The Proper Way Of Sending CV Through Email? / Submit Your CV Online For Current Access Bank Job / Questions On Sending CV Via Email (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sending CV's Online: Question by adewasco2k(m): 11:12pm On May 22, 2012
'
Re: Sending CV's Online: Question by adewasco2k(m): 7:20am On May 24, 2012
/
Re: Sending CV's Online: Question by Vergil: 8:59am On May 24, 2012
Ok, since nobody said a thing....
Kinda had or maybe still have this question on my mind. Say this cos back in the UK, its mandatory. Except if its an application form you filling and has no field for uploading a cover letter. But if its to an email addreSs, its a must. That's in the UK anyway,
But in Nige, I've seen pple, a lot of pple, just send a little brief letter, more like a note 2bh, reading something like, "please find attached my CV...etc"
But I'd just say, put the letter in the email (body of the email) or if u think the letter is a little long. Attach it together with ur CV, stating its name as "cover letter". So, if the employer sees it, before s/he decides to click on the link to download the letter, s/he is aware they're about to read a letter, which might be long or not (doesn't mean u make ur letter looong, by d way. Time!). As compared to having a long letter as the body of the email, that just "slaps them in the face" when they click to open the email. Too much read = turn off !
Now, with regards the post. Yes, some vacancy don't show the available posts. But you could do some research and u could find them. If you find the post you want, you could start by saying something like this,"
I am writing to apply for the position of Trainee Gunslinger, as advertised on the ExxonMobil website and have attached my CV for your consideration
".
If you don't know the post, but maybe its a graduate scheme, which obviously might have a collective number of posts. "
I am writing to apply for [b]a [/b]position in the Graduate Trainee program at KPMG, as advertised on the Ngcareers website, and have attached my CV for your consideration

Hope this helps m8!

Ooh yh, and d subject could just be, "Trainee Gunslinger application" or "Application for the position/post of Trainee Gunslinger".

1 Like

Re: Sending CV's Online: Question by adewasco2k(m): 9:45am On Jun 22, 2012
Vergil: Ok, since nobody said a thing....
Kinda had or maybe still have this question on my mind. Say this cos back in the UK, its mandatory. Except if its an application form you filling and has no field for uploading a cover letter. But if its to an email addreSs, its a must. That's in the UK anyway,
But in Nige, I've seen pple, a lot of pple, just send a little brief letter, more like a note 2bh, reading something like, "please find attached my CV...etc"
But I'd just say, put the letter in the email (body of the email) or if u think the letter is a little long. Attach it together with ur CV, stating its name as "cover letter". So, if the employer sees it, before s/he decides to click on the link to download the letter, s/he is aware they're about to read a letter, which might be long or not (doesn't mean u make ur letter looong, by d way. Time!). As compared to having a long letter as the body of the email, that just "slaps them in the face" when they click to open the email. Too much read = turn off !
Now, with regards the post. Yes, some vacancy don't show the available posts. But you could do some research and u could find them. If you find the post you want, you could start by saying something like this,"".
If you don't know the post, but maybe its a graduate scheme, which obviously might have a collective number of posts. ".

Hope this helps m8!

Ooh yh, and d subject could just be, "Trainee Gunslinger application" or "Application for the position/post of Trainee Gunslinger".

thanks bro...twas a great one

(1) (Reply)

Afrihub Nigeria Ltd Has Vacancy In The Following Position / Experienced And Qualified Staff Wanted Urgently / How To Finish SHL Questions In Record Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.