Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,795 members, 7,831,575 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Giggs Set To Play More Game As He Is At The Verge Of His 1000th Appearance - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Giggs Set To Play More Game As He Is At The Verge Of His 1000th Appearance (527 Views)

Alex Ferguson & Ryan Giggs Named Best Manager & Player In EPL History / Ryan Giggs Branded 'dirty Dog' / Man Utd Player 'Ryan Giggs' To Sue Twitter (and Possibly NL) For Exposing Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Giggs Set To Play More Game As He Is At The Verge Of His 1000th Appearance by sojihandsome: 12:33pm On Mar 01, 2013
Manchester United midfielder Ryan Giggs has signed a new one-year contract which will see him enter his 23rd senior season with the club.

The 39-year-old penned his first professional deal with the Red Devils in 1990 and has since made a club-record 931 appearances whilst winning 12 Premier League titles, four FA Cups and two Champions League titles.

But the winger is not done yet, and insists he is excited by the prospect of adding to his already impressive honours list this season.

The Welshman told the club's official website: “I am feeling good, enjoying my football more than ever and, most importantly, I feel I am making a contribution to the team.

"This is an exciting team to be part of, with great team spirit, and we are again pushing for trophies as we head towards the business end of the season.

"I am delighted to have signed a new contract. I would like to thank Sir Alex and the coaching staff and I would also like to thank David Gill who has been a tremendous support over my many years here."

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson also expressed delight at the news, and suggested Giggs' ability and hunger are "as strong as ever".

“What can I say about Ryan that hasn’t already been said? He is a marvellous player and an exceptional human being," the Scot said. "Ryan is an example to us all, the way in which he has, and continues to, look after himself.

"He has fantastic energy for the game and it is wonderful to see. Ryan seems to reach a new milestone every week and to think that he now has 23 unbroken years of league goals behind him is truly amazing in the modern-day game.

"His form this year shows his ability and his enjoyment of the game are as strong as ever and I am absolutely delighted that he has signed a new contract.”

Re: Giggs Set To Play More Game As He Is At The Verge Of His 1000th Appearance by sojihandsome: 12:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
The Real Madrid star will check in on his old house before the Champions League tie, while his side are preparing to travel to England a day earlier than scheduled for the match.
The Portuguese forward, who moved to the Spanish giants from United in an £80 million deal in 2009, plans to visit the £3m Alderley Edge home which he still owns from his six years with Sir Alex Ferguson’s side.

The 28-year-old is set for an emotional return to his former club and will prepare for the game by catching up with old friends and checking in on his old house, which he failed to sell for £4m when he left United four years ago.

The Alderley Edge home, a popular location for players at both United and rivals Manchester City, was previously rented out to Adam Johnson for £12,000-a-week until the winger was sold by City to Sunderland last summer.

United supporters should not get too excited about the mansion representing a possible return to the club as it is just one item in an impressive property portfolio built up by Ronaldo throughout the world.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Notice Stamford Bridge Pitch Of Recent? / Europa League Semifinal Draw / Chelsea Offer Torres For Cavani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.