Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper (200584 Views)

Nigerian Sets Record, Scores 5.0 GPA In Russia.. / Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University / Improving Low Gpa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper by GudLion(m): 2:24pm On Mar 01, 2013
Fellow NLers please correct me if am wrong. Back in school days the following GPA applies:

4.5 and above = 1st class honours
3.5 - ... = 2nd upper
2.4 - ........= 2nd class lower
less than 2.4 = 3rd class
cant remeber that of pass because i've never seen anyone with that shocked

Why then did a private Uni in the south East award my younger brother a 2nd class lower with a GPA of 3.7 and above.
The young man has been inconsolable since yesterday he called from the school where he had gone to pick up the result and his nysc call to service letter.

He is so confused on whether to reject the result and appeal to the school senate(which i concurred to)or accept it and allow the horror hunt him all his life. ( He had never imagined himself leaving school with anything less than 2nd class upper) grin.

Now i want to find out if the grading has changed as his H.O.D claimed that NUC ordered them to award from 3.8 with 2nd class upper in order to reduce the number of graduates with 2nd class upper.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper by infoscope(m): 2:51pm On Mar 01, 2013
There are lots of issues to be addressed.

1.what is the CGPA scale of your brother's school as some schools do thiers on a 6.0 scale.
2.Are you sure he actually graduated with a 3.7? Cos there is the possibility that he might be lying.
3.To the best of my knowledge no school will wrongly award you a result is that does not fall within your grade mark.
5.To this moment the correct CGPA for Nigerian Universities using the five point scale remains
First Class: 4.50 and above
Second Class Upper: 3.50-4.49
Second Class Lower: 2.50-3.49
Third Class: 1.50-2.49
6.If what he said is actually correct then he should first make sure that he is not the only one having the problem. He should team up with others and make an official appeal.

BTW what is the name of the institution.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper by GudLion(m): 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2013
@ Infoscope. If i ever found him undeserving of 2nd class upper then i wouldnt be bothered or worry my busy self. He is such determined young man who abhors lies and believes somuch in hardwork.
Re: What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper by EnglandAmaka(f): 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2022
GudLion:
Fellow NLers please correct me if am wrong. Back in school days the following GPA applies:

4.5 and above = 1st class honours
3.5 - ... = 2nd upper
2.4 - ........= 2nd class lower
less than 2.4 = 3rd class
cant remeber that of pass because i've never seen anyone with that shocked

Why then did a private Uni in the south East award my younger brother a 2nd class lower with a GPA of 3.7 and above.
The young man has been inconsolable since yesterday he called from the school where he had gone to pick up the result and his nysc call to service letter.

He is so confused on whether to reject the result and appeal to the school senate(which i concurred to)or accept it and allow the horror hunt him all his life. ( He had never imagined himself leaving school with anything less than 2nd class upper) grin.

Now i want to find out if the grading has changed as his H.O.D claimed that NUC ordered them to award from 3.8 with 2nd class upper in order to reduce the number of graduates with 2nd class upper.

Mynd44, Seun, Lalasticlala

Front page material
Re: What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper by Cerebellum: 10:52pm On Jul 19, 2022
Follow him go hin school, hire like 5 boys, rip your expensive jean, let your cap be facing the back then hold half trophy bottle you fit hit your teeth to the wall, so your teeth hole go show. Go straight to the exams and record, do drama. Nah first class them go later award your bro.
Welcome to Naijagrin
Re: What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper by Ogbadu14: 7:01pm On Jul 20, 2022
I will advice your brother to do a follow-up. I also faced such problem. I graduated with 3.51 but it was indicated 2-2 instead of 2-1. I reported the error to my exams officer and the Senate have to sit concerning the matter before it was rectified.

(1) (Reply)

LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 / Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.