Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,575 members, 7,847,425 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:19 PM

FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! - Education (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! (135481 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread / 2015/2016 Unilorin Direct Entry Thread. / UNILORIN 2014/2015 Direct Entry Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (135) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by omolola48: 8:33am On Dec 15, 2013
Sometimes life doesn’t give you what you want;
not because you don’t deserve it, but because
you deserve better. No matter how many times
you break down, there should always be a little
voice inside you that says, “NO, you’re not done
yet! Get back up!” That’s the voice of presence
and power, which can only speak for you in the
present moment. What you need to realize is,
life is a journey, often difficult and sometimes
incredibly cruel; but you are well equipped for it
as long as you tap into your inner strength in
the present, and allow it to flourish forward. All is well dear friends, just get back on ur feet and say NO to your defeat.....U guys have been wonderful......See u at the top. #peace#

1 Like

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by horbeat(m): 9:23am On Dec 15, 2013
omolola48: Sometimes life doesn’t give you what you want;
not because you don’t deserve it, but because
you deserve better. No matter how many times
you break down, there should always be a little
voice inside you that says, “NO, you’re not done
yet! Get back up!” That’s the voice of presence
and power, which can only speak for you in the
present moment. What you need to realize is,
life is a journey, often difficult and sometimes
incredibly cruel; but you are well equipped for it
as long as you tap into your inner strength in
the present, and allow it to flourish forward. All is well dear friends, just get back on ur feet and say NO to your defeat.....U guys have been wonderful......See u at the top. #peace#
Beautiful piece. Thanks for the encor
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by omolola48: 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
horbeat:
Beautiful piece. Thanks for the encor
. U are welcome
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by planetuzor(m): 2:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
Temicare:
embarassed
I still believe strongly on dis admission...Dou I don't hv a way of justifying it... My lord has promise me dis admission.... pls don't say dis again...if u don't hv anyfin good 2 offer d house.... pls shut up!...U r killing me...
But hallelujah 2 Jesus,my hope is still strong...if I don't get admitted dis year...dats it!...God wants it dat way....which means am done wit University admission...am gonna leave d space n d opportunity for my last 2 immediate brother 2 try d nxt DE..am not d only son of my mother who want 2 go d university...

Hav never felt ur comments as this b4, hmmmmm,I can undertstand. I can understand projections has been made, I can undertstand calculation has been made, I can understand plans have been set, the timeline has been drawn. I can undertstand the number of years has been added to the number of years 2 be spent in sch plus d service year so it meets the Employable year. I could go on and on.
But u know what, even if everything looks like its shambling on U, the last thing u wanna do is give up so soon. Pls don't drop it Yet, Hang on brother. It gonna be well. Pls don't give up on a BSC, if this year doesn't work Pls push on the Next year. And for ur other siblings, let them pursue theirs too while u are pursuing urs too.. Life if a personal race irrespective of either I have brother or not.its the survival of the fittest man and u aren't ready to give up. Even if ur parents don't wanna sponsor u that doesn't stop the dream man, there are a whole lots of people sponsoring themselves through sch u can ask V.C Unn. We all have our personal stories,there are quite a number of Us here I have had conversation with who had seized to ask their parents frm monetary favours in a long time. My very close friend finished from 100- 400l in architecture frm covenant University without asking home for money except the 350k the parents paid in the 1st year.
So brother, let ur sibling try their luck while u too do ur own, As for the parental backing or sponsorship thing, u try and gain the admission first and see if God who gave u d admission wouldn't see u through it.

Don't Lose Hope brother...
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Sanguine(f): 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
planetuzor:

Hav never felt ur comments as this b4, hmmmmm,I can undertstand. I can understand projections has been made, I can undertstand calculation has been made, I can understand plans have been set, the timeline has been drawn. I can undertstand the number of years has been added to the number of years 2 be spent in sch plus d service year so it meets the Employable year. I could go on and on.
But u know what, even if everything looks like its shambling on U, the last thing u wanna do is give up so soon. Pls don't drop it Yet, Hang on brother. It gonna be well. Pls don't give up on a BSC, if this year doesn't work Pls push on the Next year. And for ur other siblings, let them pursue theirs too while u are pursuing urs too.. Life if a personal race irrespective of either I have brother or not.its the survival of the fittest man and u aren't ready to give up. Even if ur parents don't wanna sponsor u that doesn't stop the dream man, there are a whole lots of people sponsoring themselves through sch u can ask V.C Unn. We all have our personal stories,there are quite a number of Us here I have had conversation with who had seized to ask their parents frm monetary favours in a long time. My very close friend finished from 100- 400l in architecture frm covenant University without asking home for money except the 350k the parents paid in the 1st year.
So brother, let ur sibling try their luck while u too do ur own, As for the parental backing or sponsorship thing, u try and gain the admission first and see if God who gave u d admission wouldn't see u through it.

Don't Lose Hope brother...

Uzor, thank you so much for this... I just did not know what to say when I read Temi's last post...
Life is a personal race and that's just how it should be run...as a personal race.
To think some few months ago everyone on here was exhilirated and expectant that we'd meet in school under 'The Nairaland Family' banner... and now that's most likely not gonna happen anymore... it's so heartbreaking.
Temi, I must tell you, you have an amazing store of Faith there. You do not have to give up, you do not need to give up on a Bsc degree if eventually this did not work out...try try try and try again. No you just cannot lose hope. You've got this breath of life in you so you just cannot afford to lose hope otherwise you're just as good as dead!
To everyone... There's always a silver lining in the sky, all you gotta do is look real close...
There's always light at the tail end of every tunnel, all you gotta do is keep walking.
Whhat more can I say. God is God, God has always been God, God will forever be God... And he knows just what's best for every one person because he's got the blueprints of every onee person's life.

It's not over yet until it iss over!
And since we still breathe this air, it is definitely not over.
ONE HOUSE. ONE LOVE!
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by SalvationMopol: 5:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
Permit Me to ReFocus our Minds
(this piece is 4 all)

4 sum days,alot of faith has being tied to getting a Bsc admission(which is d aim of dis thread) but when some yardstick are attach to it as a prerequisite to succeed,dat i dnt agree.
getting a bsc is very good but it is not a ticket to success.
REASONS;
1. there are enuf b.sc in d market under-employed(hand-to-mouth)
2. there are much more b.sc awaiting employment(unemployed)
3. there are so many b.sc holders who didnt or may not use der degree 4 employment(enterpreneurs)
4. there are b.sc holders in public services for more than 10yrs who barely achieved little.
5. there are b.sc holders who are retired & has so little to show off(lifestyle)
also there are people who have degrees & are doing well.
hence,alot of factors is involved because success is a journey & isnt measured by getting a degree nor affected by d discrimination btw b.sc & hnd holders.
just think outside d box & b steps ahead of ur mates.
if funaab admit u or not,success shud b ur target.
Dan

1 Like

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by brainiacjp(m): 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
SalvationMopol: Permit Me to ReFocus our Minds
(this piece is 4 all)

4 sum days,alot of faith has being tied to getting a Bsc admission(which is d aim of dis thread) but when some yardstick are attach to it as a prerequisite to succeed,dat i dnt agree.
getting a bsc is very good but it is not a ticket to success.
REASONS;
1. there are enuf b.sc in d market under-employed(hand-to-mouth)
2. there are much more b.sc awaiting employment(unemployed)
3. there are so many b.sc holders who didnt or may not use der degree 4 employment(enterpreneurs)
4. there are b.sc holders in public services for more than 10yrs who barely achieved little.
5. there are b.sc holders who are retired & has so little to show off(lifestyle)
also there are people who have degrees & are doing well.
hence,alot of factors is involved because success is a journey & isnt measured by getting a degree nor affected by d discrimination btw b.sc & hnd holders.
just think outside d box & b steps ahead of ur mates.
if funaab admit u or not,success shud b ur target.
Dan
....hmmm....intellectuals....i love being amidst of u guys.....u're inspiring
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by shyneb: 7:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
Pls can someone check unaab's admission site 4 me.its nt going on ma phone or is d admission thing closed 4 dis yr.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by shyneb: 7:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
Pls can someone check unaab's admission site 4 me.its nt going on ma phone or is d admission site closed 4 dis yr permanently
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 7:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
Habidab: Skelewu
Dear brother, how did you submit your 2DE forms? Did you submit to the same branch? Is it advisable to submit to the same branch? If yes, can I submit the two the same day or week? How abt 4DE forms? What can you say abt that bro?

Whoever has similar experience should pls share his/her view.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Osunstate: 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
rkarang:
Dear brother, how did you submit your 2DE forms? Did you submit to the same branch? Is it advisable to submit to the same branch? If yes, can I submit the two the same day or week? How abt 4DE forms? What can you say abt that bro?

I filled d forms different date n submitted to diff jamb office
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Sanguine(f): 7:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
rkarang:

It is very risky to submit the two D.E forms at the same time. You could submit at the same Jamb office just incase there ain many Jamb offices in the town or city you are but just make sure you give an interval of some weeeks or if possible months...in order to forestall stories that touch the heart. smiley
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 7:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
Osunstate: I filled d forms different date n submitted to diff jamb office
Thanks so much bro, are they within the same state?
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 7:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
Sanguine:

It is very risky to submit the two D.E forms at the same time. You could submit at the same Jamb office just incase there ain many Jamb offices in the town or city you are but just make sure you give an interval of some weeeks or if possible months...in order to forestall stories that touch the heart. smiley
Ah... Thank you ma!
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by planetuzor(m): 8:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
rkarang:

I submitted 3 forms at the same time at Ikoyi Jamb office here in lag.. Jst make a photocopy of all the forms then tell them if they ask u are submitting unbehalf of 3 persons who aren't able to make it there. Or better stil if u wanna submit 2 forms submit the same day but at different time if the Office is quite far frm where u are coming from.. There will be lots of students there so once u come in submit and leave then come in again.. Though they kind of frown at people submitting more than once, they will tell u submit ur first choice here then take ur second choice to the sch urself.. But if u bought 2 different forms then jst show them that u are submitting just the first choice of different sch with different forms.. Basically what I feel they are against is submitting ur first n 2nd choice not in the case of 2 separate DE cards forms. they will wanna treat it like different individual..

Anyway, jst apply wisdom sha and know its possible..if u have more resources buy 4 DE forms about 16k so u will spread ur risk broadly so u can be like sanguine and some of this guys here that u will always find on different thread on NL. And u pray DE exam don't fall on the same day grin

1 Like

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by planetuzor(m): 8:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
Sanguine:

Uzor, thank you so much for this... I just did not know what to say when I read Temi's last post...
Life is a personal race and that's just how it should be run...as a personal race.
To think some few months ago everyone on here was exhilirated and expectant that we'd meet in school under 'The Nairaland Family' banner... and now that's most likely not gonna happen anymore... it's so heartbreaking.
Temi, I must tell you, you have an amazing store of Faith there. You do not have to give up, you do not need to give up on a Bsc degree if eventually this did not work out...try try try and try again. No you just cannot lose hope. You've got this breath of life in you so you just cannot afford to lose hope otherwise you're just as good as dead!
To everyone... There's always a silver lining in the sky, all you gotta do is look real close...
There's always light at the tail end of every tunnel, all you gotta do is keep walking.
Whhat more can I say. God is God, God has always been God, God will forever be God... And he knows just what's best for every one person because he's got the blueprints of every onee person's life.

It's not over yet until it iss over!
And since we still breathe this air, it is definitely not over.
ONE HOUSE. ONE LOVE!

Babe, ya loved!!!
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Osunstate: 9:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
rkarang:
Thanks so much bro, are they within the same state?
diff state
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 9:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
planetuzor:

Anyway, jst apply wisdom sha and know its possible..if u have more resources buy 4 DE forms about 16k so u will spread ur risk broadly so u can be like sanguine and some of this guys here that u will always find on different thread on NL. And u pray DE exam don't fall on the same day grin
Thanks so much for taking your time to reply my qs sir.

As regards resource, it's better than wasting 365 days.

Sir, what can you say abt UNIBEN DE admission? Pls, not the f**cking assumption that we had abt FUNAAB, sir. I'm considering UNN or UNIBEN for my 4th DE? Others can also share their view abt the above qs.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Sanguine(f): 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
rkarang:
Thanks so much for taking your time to reply my qs sir.

As regards resource, it's better than wasting 365 days.

Sir, what can you say abt UNIBEN DE admission? Pls, not the f**cking assumption that we had abt FUNAAB, sir. I'm considering UNN or UNIBEN for my 4th DE? Others can also share their view abt the above qs.

Laughing out real hard (lorh) at the bolded... RKarang na you dey talk like this?? grin grin... Anyhow, methinks you should just spread your risk as much as you could. That way you'd be on the safer side... smiley
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Sanguine:

Laughing out real hard (lorh) at the bolded... RKarang na you dey talk like this?? grin grin... Anyhow, methinks you should just spread your risk as much as you could. That way you'd be on the safer side... smiley
Trust me, I'm gonna choose FUNAAB in my first DE form. But I don't wanna rely on people cos they can fail. Plus; hoping that 'senate' still approves external diploma.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Sanguine(f): 10:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
rkarang:
Trust me, I'm gonna choose FUNAAB in my first DE form. But I don't wanna rely on people cos they can fail. Plus; hoping that 'senate' still approves external diploma.

The only one thing I've ever known to be impossible is... NOTHING! With God, alllll thinngs are possible.

GOOOODLUCK!! smiley smiley
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by SalvationMopol: 11:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
rkarang:
So those external diploma offered admission even previous years are illegal?
if so,y didnt funaab specify it in jamb brochure?
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Habidab: 7:26am On Dec 16, 2013
rkarang:

So you are back,Welcome Man,now to the question.I obtained two(2) DE forms and filled my name sequencially,starting from the Surname but did a lil bit mistake on FUNAAB form by placing my first name on the other name.
I submitted it to different JAMB institution/office,
I submitted it different day and the date was also different.
Its not advisable to obtain four(4) DE forms,because you will be faced with problem of submission and also I learnt that most of JAMB annexes office tends to direct our application to the main office and luckily if your name occur twice on the list then you will be sample for the experimental project(you know what I mean).they may terminate ones application.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 7:30am On Dec 16, 2013
SalvationMopol:
So those external diploma offered admission even previous years are illegal?
if so,y didnt funaab specify it in jamb brochure?
Hey Dan, I didn't say that. The SENATE can decide at any point in time to review the sch's requirement for DE and if that happens; it won't disqualify the previously admitted students but will be effective on new-in-takes.

Besides, the sch can't do that for some courses such as Engineering courses and Agricultural courses. JAMB won't allow that.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Habidab: 7:36am On Dec 16, 2013
planetuzor:

I submitted 3 forms at the same time at Ikoyi Jamb office here in lag.. Jst make a photocopy of all the forms then tell them if they ask u are submitting unbehalf of 3 persons who aren't able to make it there. Or better stil if u wanna submit 2 forms submit the same day but at different time if the Office is quite far frm where u are coming from.. There will be lots of students there so once u come in submit and leave then come in again.. Though they kind of frown at people submitting more than once, they will tell u submit ur first choice here then take ur second choice to the sch urself.. But if u bought 2 different forms then jst show them that u are submitting just the first choice of different sch with different forms.. Basically what I feel they are against is submitting ur first n 2nd choice not in the case of 2 separate DE cards forms. they will wanna treat it like different individual..

Yes they against submitting the second choice institution form,and that occur when you obtain only one form,but its not advisable to submit the same day,the same office,because it may back fire,you were very lucky Planet grin to go away with it.you know may be thats the problem encountered with high number candidate yet to be admitted.Rkarang don't try that o!
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 7:38am On Dec 16, 2013
Habidab: So you are back,Welcome Man,now to the question.I obtained two(2) DE forms and filled my name sequencially,starting from the Surname but did a lil bit mistake on FUNAAB form by placing my first name on the other name.
I submitted it to different JAMB institution/office,
I submitted it different day and the date was also different.
Its not advisable to obtain four(4) DE forms,because you will be faced with problem of submission and also I learnt that most of JAMB annexes office tends to direct our application to the main office and luckily if your name occur twice on the list then you will be sample for the experimental project(you know what I mean).they may terminate ones application.
If my name appears twice at the main office or at the branch office; I don't get that? If it's at the main office; what happens to yours and others? If it's branch; then I will try diff branches.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Habidab: 7:41am On Dec 16, 2013
On my way to Ibadan for clearance,Baba God na your hand I dey o
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 7:51am On Dec 16, 2013
Habidab: On my way to Ibadan for clearance,Baba God na your hand I dey o
Safe trip bro! How abt my q? I want to get it right now, so as not to make costly mistake.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Habidab: 8:07am On Dec 16, 2013
rkarang:
If my name appears twice at the main office or at the branch office; I don't get that? If it's at the main office; what happens to yours and others? If it's branch; then I will try diff branches.
First of all is that FUNAAB aren't the type of school to reckon with when it comes to external admission DE candidate(you know what u want to be precise)coz am only making reference to what you posted yesteday.obtain atmost 3 DE forms and don't submit the same day.probably give 1week interval and submit to different JAMB office.the network is too bad,am now along papa aro route,ogun state.if you stays in Lagos...Jamb office is situated at Ikoyi,One at Abeokuta and another at Sagamu.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Habidab: 8:24am On Dec 16, 2013
rkarang:
Safe trip bro! How abt my q? I want to get it right now, so as not to make costly mistake.
Amen,

They input Candidate Name applying for DE into the system based on the school one is applying to,I have withnessed this ones before and if you are the type that submit your credentials at the same place,same time,you might fall victim to the admission officer and. May be disqualify.obtaining more than one form is very good even though its yet to be legal coz many student thought its illegal.but we are in Nigeria where everything seems to work if you know what you are doing.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 8:29am On Dec 16, 2013
Habidab: First of all is that FUNAAB aren't the type of school to reckon with when it comes to external admission DE candidate(you know what u want to be precise)coz am only making reference to what you posted yesteday.obtain atmost 3 DE forms and don't submit the same day.probably give 1week interval and submit to different JAMB office.the network is too bad,am now along papa aro route,ogun state.if you stays in Lagos...Jamb office is situated at Ikoyi,One at Abeokuta and another at Sagamu.
May Allah bless and be with you sir! As regards FUNAAB; once there's no review on DE requirement plus with God on my side, I'm DEFINITELY in. Even wt my present application; I will know the final outcome by God's grace within 1/2 week(s) of ASUU resumption.

Is just that majorly; we weren't well informed abt FUNAAB admission stuff or perhaps, ASUU caused the whole ish. Now the situation is: I should have, could have, would have and blabla. Unfortunately, we can't turn back the hands of time; we have to move on and restrategise.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Habidab: 8:54am On Dec 16, 2013
rkarang:
May Allah bless and be with you sir! As regards FUNAAB; once there's no review on DE requirement plus with God on my side, I'm DEFINITELY in. Even wt my present application; I will know the final outcome by God's grace within 1/2 week(s) of ASUU resumption.

Is just that majorly; we weren't well informed abt FUNAAB admission stuff or perhaps, ASUU caused the whole ish. Now the situation is: I should have, could have, would have and blabla. Unfortunately, we can't turn back the hands of time; we have to move on and restrategise.
I knew the major problem erupted from ASUU strike coz I was well informed about the school and i keep myself updated with help of over five departmental friend in my former school(Polyibadan) now in FUNAAB.but the percentage of internal DE candidate admitted is 3/4 to external.when UI gave me admission,all I do was just to take the risk and implement it and that is part of restrategising coz my focus is FUNAAB.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (135) (Reply)

Federal Government Scholarship 2016/2017 Exam Updates / Federal Polytechnic OKO 2016 - 2017 Admission / FG Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.