Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet (39885 Views)

Outrage As Ex-OAU Male Student Transforms To Woman - The SUN / Knot His Tie And Tie Your Knot Wrapper Better / Celebrity Wardrobe: The Rapper In Wrapper: Sasha P (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2013
livialives:

Really Dude? shocked
And on every thread?
What exactly are you trying to communicate?

Mami... undecided undecided
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by UkwuNnu(m): 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2013
MBK boys. Hahaha

Those good old days
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by yvonnechi(f): 11:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
SimonAndal: ILLUMATI SENT GUY WITH ILLUMATI DRESS. WILL ROT LIKE OBAMA SOUL MICROCHIP IN FIRE OF LOVE ORE WITH EARTH SOUL HUMAN FOR SEXY LIFE.
DUMBEST COMMENT EVER!!
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by Abedfff14: 11:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
pls wat do u gain if ur post is moved 2 d front page,answer pls

1 Like

Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 01, 2013
Is that a university environment on the OP images? Jeez! I dropped dead. cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by joshuaidibia(m): 11:24pm On Mar 01, 2013
SimonAndal: ILLUMATI SENT GUY WITH ILLUMATI DRESS. WILL ROT LIKE OBAMA SOUL MICROCHIP IN FIRE OF LOVE ORE WITH EARTH SOUL HUMAN FOR SEXY LIFE.
U ARE AS CONFUSED AND CHLDISH AS UR POST
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by camelus: 11:29pm On Mar 01, 2013
I do not get this Security Pple bullying this Star Boy cannot see any part of his body being exposed, What a heck is this !
Pls thiss Guy should be honoured by Anambra State Ministry off Culture andd Tourism.
U reprenssent Igbo Dude !

1 Like

Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by mallammusa1(m): 11:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
kai!!! weting see poverty dey cause!....inyamiri talaka!
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:47pm On Mar 01, 2013

What are you saying Are you trying to hurt my Brain?
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by dayokanu(m): 11:53pm On Mar 01, 2013
No be so Denrele take turn celebrity?
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by dayokanu(m): 11:56pm On Mar 01, 2013
dollypi: This one is not as extra-ordinary as what my eyes saw in OAU. Those Awo boys were crazy without need for motivation.

Wish there had been camera phones in those days.

A guy once entered my school fellowship service dressed only in a towel wrapped round his waist, and a pair of slippers. Aluta or no Aluta, that was crazy!

Ife na dem baba for Aro display

You dey when people go knock your room door open and remove them trouser say dem wan shiit. Dem go say the smell for your room too much dem think say na toilet

2 Likes

Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by Patsey: 12:01am On Mar 02, 2013
In some Nigerian tribes and cultures as is in some other countries e.g. India and Scotland, it is perfectly right for men to not only wear wrapper but also put on kilts. That this guy was chased with sticks as if he's a cow is nothing but a show of shame and absolute ignorance.

Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by 1Dray(m): 12:03am On Mar 02, 2013
mallam_musa: kai!!! weting see poverty dey cause!....inyamiri talaka!

Kaci kanir ka! See Buzu dey call humanbeing 'talaka'.... We only know of one people that are 'talakas' in this country, and u know who they are yourself. Stop being a noisy fo.ol!

2 Likes

Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by theripper: 12:04am On Mar 02, 2013
A dude once walked stark nakeed from Angola to Mozambique hall in ife around 2005. I even dey among pple wey dey hail am but my liver fail me wen he wan enter Moz. Boiz dey sha. U don't double dare some especially when cheese is involved.
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by DrKlever(m): 12:09am On Mar 02, 2013
laf no go kill me oh, but y was he beaten by those morons called security opperatives nd all d students cud do was watch nd laf?
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by kandiikane(m): 12:11am On Mar 02, 2013
Hackin: na small small e dey take start, small time u go begin dey chop paper n leaves, dey keep una village market clean. Quit weed!

Lmfaoo! grin
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by olaymuchak(m): 12:15am On Mar 02, 2013
length pple could go 4 money, but he sha no steal
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by xtr0v3rt(m): 12:16am On Mar 02, 2013
Why should dey beat dis guy up na...we dress worse than this during rag days in skul....abeg dose security men need to be scrutinised jor!
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by CeCeBillz(f): 12:18am On Mar 02, 2013
No we weep for his familysad sadsadsad
slimur :

Y @ dis age u neva wise..... Y I cry for u.....
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by CeCeBillz(f): 12:20am On Mar 02, 2013
slimur :

Y @ dis age u neva wise..... Y I cry for u.....
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by SOUTHSOUTH1: 12:25am On Mar 02, 2013
OH! SEE MY DECEMBER SNEAKERS.
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by lastpage: 12:39am On Mar 02, 2013
GraceBestowed: I find it sickening that they felt the need to beat him up, or embarrass him, because he tied the wrapper!! This urge these people have to see people in pain, whether it's by beating, or lynching, is not correct, or normal!! If a man wants to wear a wedding dress out, let him, it's his shame to bear!! Smh!
You know, l was just trying to figure-out what was the link between his "dress-sense" and trying to plank him to death?
Seems wickedness and brutality has eaten deep into the psyche of Nigerians (no insult intended please)!
Every little thing, someone quickly gets blood-thirsty like a Vampire?

Seems we have lost our humanity and spirit of kindness, respect for one another and comradeship, afterall, we are all Nigerians (Brothers and Sisters in the long run!). Seems the Devil has taken over around here!

Reminds me of something that happened Yesterday. I packed my car on a street in Lagos when l went shopping.
The place had about four cars already packed and l just moved into an empty space.
I checked all around to see if there was a "No Parking Sign" anywhere around: NONE.
Out of the four cars already parked, one seems to have been there for a few days judging by the amount of dust it has accumulated. I felt at ease.
I also parked properly ensuring that l would not obstruct traffic in the slightest or causing any form of obstruction.

I satisfied my conscience properly as l generally dont flout laid down rules anywhere l am and l respect my self (so l dont get insulted!).

Lo and behold, am back about twenty minutes later and my car is GONE! shocked
My first thought was: Haaa, not again, this Lagos people have stolen this car! If not that l took notice of the house number l parked in front, l would have sworn my car was in another street because apart from still finding the other cars in place, another car had parked in my original spot! Jezzuz Christ!! shocked shocked

To cut a long story short, l after a lot of trials, l located the car at a LASTMA dump around Suura Market.
Twenty thousand Naira was demanded as "Fine" for parking illegally.

I tried to explain to the chaps that there was no sign indicating a No-Parking zone and that the other cars are still there (they dont have resident parking stickers so, thats a no-brainer) and why they had to single out my own car for towing?
BTW: 10K was the towing fee! a distance of how many meters?

I called their "Senior" aside and asked him:
1.) if it was right to TOW my vehicle when their was not a "No Parking Sign" in sight?
2.) Why the other cars l met their where not towed earlier
3.) Why the cars l met there and another one are all still there without being towed?
4.) That he use his discretion to release my car unconditionally

He said he was sorry but l still had to pay the 20K!

I paid them, took my receipts and took my car but before leaving, l reminded him that what they did was nothing short of WICKEDNESS and it has nothing to do with upholding the law. I told him that he should not be surprised if someone else did some wicked to him or someone dear to him and that it would have been better if we all live a life devoid of this kind of behavior!
I could afford to pay right away but what if l couldn't? Would l walk home or go home by "Maaruwa"! grin grin grin when l came to Lagos in a confy-airconditioned car?
[color=#990000][/color] angry

Rampant and random, unprovoked wickedness, now seems a way of life and its very pervasive in our society, from the Civil Servant, to the Police, Army, to Law Makers, Executive Arm, judges, Boko Harams, Bus touts, Kidnappers, Armed robbers, traffic hold-up thieves, ..even in an "educated and supposedly enlightened environment? (reading the case of the LASU final year Youth gunned down day-before yesterday!)

In my days, we would have laughed over it and make jest of him (woman wrapper! grin )

One man who was a "victim" of same LASTMA people commented off-handedly that "if he ever had the chance, he would run-over one of these guys" ...and l realized he actually meant it! I was shocked beyond belief!!

What are we turning into? Savages? Cannibals? Animals? Hmmmmmm, l weak o! cry cry

Lastpage!
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by Ishilove: 12:59am On Mar 02, 2013
With all due respect, sir, you sound reetarded. undecided
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by zenatta: 1:13am On Mar 02, 2013
This is ugly, this is an abberation, it may be the longest running, but it is a shock-inducing embarrassment,

I'd rather have this, less chaotic and a refreshing entertainment
Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by INNO18(m): 4:51pm On Mar 01
Hello Nairalanders, I know this might sound and appear crazy but it's true.
A pre science student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka (Mbaukwu Campus) shocked everybody yesterday Thursday 28/02/13 when he wore a wrapper to school.
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by Nobody: 1:15am On Mar 02, 2013
When has wearing wrapper by men in the Ibo society become a form of madness?

I respect the guy, eventhough he shouldn't have taken a bet to do what he did, simply wear a wrapper (an integral part of Ibo culture) to class. With his wrapper, he is still more decently dressed than lots of students out there on campus, who are dressing naked in the name of 'fashion'. Yet, you dont see security men blinking an eye....Chei! colonial mentality and inferiority complex has eaten deep into the Nigerian society.

When I was in the university in Canada, I used to proudly wear Nigerian attires to class once in a while, lots of people respected me for that and I made a lot of friends, especially the white ladies grin and guess what, soon my fellow Nigerians on campus started wearing local attires on campus as well. If other foreign students like Indians, Scottish, Pakistanis, Arabs, indonesians etc are proudly wearing there traditional attires on campus, why shouldnt I?

BTW, I do see Somali men wearing wrappers with pride on the streets of Canada. I have nothing but respect for them whenever I see them. If one feels ashamed to display his traditional attire, then he/she deserves no respect from foreigners.

1 Like

Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by KokoBeware: 1:30am On Mar 02, 2013
Abedfff14: pls wat do u gain if ur post is moved 2 d front page,answer pls
Viewership..... small sense of satisfaction....
You wouldnt have seen this thread if it wasnt on the front page

1 Like

Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by donkray: 1:39am On Mar 02, 2013
and is that suppose to mean?
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by A40(m): 2:03am On Mar 02, 2013
Obviously these guys have not heard about Wanlov the Kubolor who is on skirts and wrappers 24/7
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by Ferdinandu(m): 2:42am On Mar 02, 2013
See Osuofia in the making
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by tpia5: 3:08am On Mar 02, 2013
eventhough he shouldn't have taken a bet to do what he did, simply wear a wrapper (an integral part of Ibo culture) to class.

his saying that, shows something is up.

if he just said he's representing his culture, that makes more sense than to hide behind a so-called bet.

I'm sure there's more than he's letting on.

and he could have completed the outfit by wearing the appropriate shoes,shirt, cap, etc. As it was, he simply exposed the culture to ridicule.

all these human zombies, na wa.

same thing with that girl who was stark n.aked at the afcon match.

was that a bet too?
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by tpia5: 3:15am On Mar 02, 2013
they'll soon release their photos of keke marwa and twenty goats on okada now.
Re: Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet by Egbagirl(f): 3:17am On Mar 02, 2013
A-40:
Obviously these guys have not heard about Wanlov the Kubolor who is on skirts and wrappers 24/7

The Ghanaian dude yea? But the guy is on a different level. He doesn't wear underwear. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here / Different Types Of Barbers You Will See In Nigeria. - Meme Collection / 7 Annoying Things Ladies Do When They Are Dressed To Kill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.