₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,157,827 members, 4,699,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 January 2019 at 11:14 AM

Tax Professionals Forum - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tax Professionals Forum (24096 Views)

Geomatics Professionals Forum / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria / Human Resource Professionals: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tax Professionals Forum by faithishere: 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2018
Good Afternoon everyone, Please i am in need of a Job, I wasn't allowed to work for years and now i am left with bills to pay and a baby to take care of. I have a Bsc and other certifications, I don't have anyone to turn to. I am honest, humble and hardworking. I reside in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. Please this is my phone number 07018790578, I will be for ever grateful if i can send my baby to school, feed and pay my bills. Thank you.
Re: Tax Professionals Forum by llade(m): 10:11am On Sep 09, 2018
Whoever can help should please.
Re: Tax Professionals Forum by MaziOmenuko: 11:03pm On Dec 09, 2018
Hello Jarus and co.
I need some insights into matters concerning withholding tax.

. I have browsed and read a lot about it but there are some grey areas I still haven't come to terms with.

I understand these are statutory, but aren't there exemptions? I tried to read more about tax in general and I understand that there are exemptions on VAT especially in terms of food stuffs but I can't see where the exemption on VAT is extended to withholding tax. Can I summarise that since there are exceptions of Vat on foodstuff, it can be extended to withholding tax?

Also,most importantly, if a vendor supplies , lets say electrical appliances;can he send in his invoice detailing cost of Procurement of applaiance as x naira, cost of transport as y naira, then service cost as z naira, so that the withholding tax will be on the service cost alone rather than on the net sum. Is it allowed?

Asides the basic info on withholding tax, there's really no much details available online on it unlike the value added tax where there is plenty information.

Hope to get some insights from you all.

1 Like

Re: Tax Professionals Forum by Valerie47(f): 12:56am On Jan 06
Following..
Re: Tax Professionals Forum by Gregdcutie(m): 9:28am On Jan 12
Good morning House, I'm currently a full time student however I just got a letter from my local tax force requesting for a submission of annual income declaration. I'm confused as to what to do, Do I ignore the letter, is this something that students usually get. Please advice

Re: Tax Professionals Forum by Melian(f): 11:59am On Jan 15
Gregdcutie:
Good morning House, I'm currently a full time student however I just got a letter from my local tax force requesting for a submission of annual income declaration. I'm confused as to what to do, Do I ignore the letter, is this something that students usually get. Please advice

Are you employed? It doesn't matter that you're a student. As long as you're gainfully employed either by self or others, you have a statutory obligation to pay tax.

However, you must verify the source of the letter. If it's genuine, get an accountant or a qualified tax person to evaluate your tax payable. Also, never make payment to an individual's account.

P.S- you may post details of your income, if any, I'll tell you your total tax payable.
Re: Tax Professionals Forum by Gregdcutie(m): 2:33pm On Jan 15
Melian:

Are you employed? It doesn't matter that you're a student. As long as you're gainfully employed either by self or others, you have a statutory obligation to pay tax.

However, you must verify the source of the letter. If it's genuine, get an accountant or a qualified tax person to evaluate your tax payable. Also, never make payment to an individual's account.

P.S- you may post details of your income, if any, I'll tell you your total tax payable.
No income, just pocket money
Re: Tax Professionals Forum by Melian(f): 4:23pm On Jan 15
Gregdcutie:
No income, just pocket money

Ok then. Just ignore the letter.
Re: Tax Professionals Forum by Gregdcutie(m): 5:34pm On Jan 15
Melian:

Ok then. Just ignore the letter.
thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mass Sack, Demotion Looms In Customs / Why Private Schools Pay Peanuts / He Bribed His Way And Got A Job But Got Laid Off By The New Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.