Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,098 members, 7,845,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Farmers I Need Help - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Farmers I Need Help (866 Views)

Farmers To Earn N101bn Annually From Perishable Cargo / Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta / Farmers In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farmers I Need Help by Nobody: 2:11am On Mar 02, 2013
Hello NLanders,

I just bought 3hectares of land for farming, however due to its proximity to villages where Cattle herders leave, I feel I needed to fence it. We all are aware of the frequent clashes between cattle herders and farmers. I want to construct a fence around my farm to keep-out trespassers. I am thinking of using constructing either a 4 feet Wooden Fence around the farm, or use Barb wires (with metal pipes) to fence it. I need to know how much it would cost for either of them. Please, if there's anyone who could give me an estimate of either one, I would really appreciate.
Re: Farmers I Need Help by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 02, 2013
anyone?
Re: Farmers I Need Help by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 03, 2013
anyone pls?
Re: Farmers I Need Help by lucastino: 4:01am On Mar 03, 2013
Get a welder who could help with the estimate of barb wire and do the perimeter fencing for you
Re: Farmers I Need Help by fm7070: 6:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
I doubt if the barb wire fence will last for soooo long
I will suggest block fencing, even 4ft tall for a start will make sense at the long run
Re: Farmers I Need Help by olushowunm(m): 10:21pm On Mar 04, 2013
ALL THESE PEOPLE ADVISING ARE NOT FARMERS! FIRST, WHERE IS THE LAND LOCATED AND WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING TO PLANT??
FOR FENCING ITS ECONOMICAL, UNLESS YOU ARE PLANING TO DO ANIMAL HUSBANDRY + ARABLE CROP PRODUCTION.
SO, ASK THE LOCALS, HOW THEY DEAL WITH SUCH OCCURENCES AND GO OUT TO WHERE THE FULANI'S ARE AND ASKED FOR THEIR LEADER AND EXPLAIN YOUR PLIGHT AND TELL HIM YOU ARE A MILITARY MAN AND YOU DON'T TOLERATE SUCH NONSENSE!
I'M SURE THE HERDSMEN WILL BE WARNED AHEAD TO STAY CLEAR OF YOUR FARM! I DO PLANT WHERE THEY GRAZE COWS AND THEY DARE NOT RUN INTO MY FARM!
Re: Farmers I Need Help by Nobody: 2:00am On Mar 05, 2013
Thanks all for your inputs. Olushowunm, Im not sure I wanna go down that path, especially as fulani leaders often do not have absolute control over their subjects. I rather choose fencing in my own case. BTW, the farm is located in Karu LGA of Nasarawa states, and I plan to plant crops, and may be do animal husbandry in the future.

(1) (Reply)

Get Free Credit On All Network Carriers In Nigeria, UK, Canada, USA / Does China Air Post Maijl Deliver Your Imported Products Directly To Ur Doorstep / Besiness I Can Do With One Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.