Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP (30588 Views)

Doyin Okupe Mocks Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Buhari(pic) / Okupe Reacts To Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Buhari / Some Names That Rattles PDP Both Online And Offline. Add Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Prodigy246(m): 10:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
Neo-XVI:
With all these news of people decamping en-masse from PDP to APC, the question on my mind is, if APC becomes the new tent for all these criminals and mediocre leaders, then what's the guarantee that it will do any better than the current PDP leadership. A party is only as good as it's members. True, APC should seek to widen it's tent, but it should not be done at the expense of credibility. All of PDP members should be barred from joining except they have some credible record. No point having another mega party full of charlatans.

Exactly what I've been thinking...though I dont belong to any party but I would just vote GEJ to finish his own beat of transformation.
Its true naija might need CHANGE now but we should be careful to whom we're entrusting the our country into his/her care
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 02, 2013
I wish the three major tribes of Nigeria can be banned from presidential election. They are the major problems of the country.

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by omenka(m): 10:37pm On Mar 02, 2013
ROSSIKE: APC is happy to be endorsed by a criminal like IBB?

Says a lot about the party.

And thesame 'criminal' has been in the PDP since God-knows-when! What does that say of PDP??
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Pukkah: 10:37pm On Mar 02, 2013
gratiaeo:
I'm sorry if i have offended you. I don't have prove but if Tinubu have become saint over night so be it (Funsho William is still fresh in our heart) don't ask me why i said so unless if you have prove that IBB killed Deregiwa

Case closed.

Indeed. These are interesting times...and even more interesting posters.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
omenka:

And thesame 'criminal' has been in the PDP since God-knows-when! What does that say of PDP??
You are politically polarized my friend. PDP or APC are full of criminals. They are jumping around from one party to another because they are not focused in developing the country. They are there to loot the country's wealth. Please, stop patronizing failures in this country.

The youths have to fight for their rights and get rid of these old leaches in our government. Jeez!
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gratiaeo(m): 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
take dat: What do you have to say of the president, who in his pusillanity and disservice to the people of Nigeria handpicked an Anenih to be the chairman of PDP's Board of Thieves(BOT), one of those who looted the country into an unfathomable abyss of unimaginable ruin? You are quick to point accusing fingers at others, when the grand larceny of the president is obvious for all to see!
If truly people like IBB, OBJ and others will join APC it means the restructuring of PDP ll kick start... Am not against opposition party but i don't see bright future in APC, all Nigerian politicians are the same... GEJ is not a bad guy even though i did not vote 4 him in 2011 but since we have not got that messiah in Opposition party let make thou with what we have
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 02, 2013
It does not take much to appreciate the importance of two-party system in Nigeria. That's why even the PDP welcomed the emergence of APC. We cannot continue to be parroting to all these sentimental nonsense of Igbo party, Yoruba sectional interests or the Fulani this Hausa that. Let's us now have two-party systems (at least two major parties) with membership spread across all states so we can once and for all put putrid sentiments apart and hold our leaders accountable irrespective of states of origin or residence.

All this why are they welcoming IBB, why are they romancing OBJ boys, why are they criticizing this or that is pedestrian. If you think PDP is good for Nigeria and can take Nigeria to her rightful status among comity of nations, stick to it and promote same without recourse to annoying sentiments of gang up against this or that part of the country. Let PDP be judged based on its performance.

What folks fail to appreciate is that what is desirable is often, alas unfortunately, not achievable in Nigeria because of our peculiar way of putting sentiments above logic. We would love to see a party of defined exclusivity to known 'villains', a party of zero tolerance to corruption, of well 'proceduralized' internal democracy devoid of known moneybags, a kind of party driven by masses-oriented Utopian fantasies. In a Nigerian parlance, "an ideologically driven party" What a joke! Good, but unrealistic in a nation so driven by sentiments. (Such a party can be formed but ll NEVER win election in Nigeria) What we have now is a step in the right direction, it does not mean we ll eventually arrive in that exclusive zone of success. But it does, at least, signify that our elite are evolving a process that might limit impunity and make parties work for the pauperized Nigerian masses.

It's the same everywhere. A perfect political party, nay democracy, can not be legislated or decreed into existence. It takes time to build, nurture and then turn to an institution that an individual can not just wake up and bastardize. What we know, of course from the immediate and recent history of the proponents of this framework is that of competence, seriousness of purpose and uncommon tenacity to fight for what is right in a land filled with absurdities of impunity where mediocrity is now the norm. I am supporting APC, with the knowledge that it's not 100% perfect or what I would have preferred it to be, but what else do we have in this country? This is the best opportunity we have in years, that people are now wittingly leaving their comfort zones to live the much mouthed rhetoric "handshake across the Niger" without being prodded by military fiat.

I just want them to set a minimum standard where no one can go below. A standard has been set in Lagos and Edo already. One is being set in Osun, Ondo and a handful of others states similarly controlled by opposition politicians. So it's becoming more and more clear by the day to recognize that past administrations in those states failed the people. What is true in Osun is true in Ekiti and even in some PDP controlled states like Enugu and Jigawa. Ultimately what matters is the man holding the mantle of leadership. A man with history of competence and accomplishments can not all of a sudden turn to lackluster failure in government. The converse is equally true, luck can not bring competence. Let 2015 come and we shall see if Nigerians would, for once put religious and ethnic sentiments aside, judge who is being nominated purely on tract record.

We can not continue to pretend all is well in this country. We need to fix the center and put our country on path of greatness.

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 02, 2013
Who ever associated his or her self with IBB is a devil. PERIOD!
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gratiaeo(m): 10:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
Prodigy246:

Exactly what I've been thinking...though I dont belong to any party but I would just vote GEJ to finish his own beat of transformation.
Its true naija might need CHANGE now but we should be careful to whom we're entrusting the our country into his/her care
You have spoken my mind
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gratiaeo(m): 10:51pm On Mar 02, 2013
bayooooooo: It does not take much to appreciate the importance of two-party system in Nigeria. That's why even the PDP welcomed the emergence of APC. We cannot continue to be parroting to all these sentimental nonsense of Igbo party, Yoruba sectional interests or the Fulani this Hausa that. Let's us now have two-party systems (at least two major parties) with membership spread across all states so we can once and for all put putrid sentiments apart and hold our leaders accountable irrespective of states of origin or residence.

All this why are they welcoming IBB, why are they romancing OBJ boys, why are they criticizing this or that is pedestrian. If you think PDP is good for Nigeria and can take Nigeria to her rightful status among comity of nations, stick to it and promote same without recourse to annoying sentiments of gang up against this or that part of the country. Let PDP be judged based on its performance.

What folks fail to appreciate is that what is desirable is often, alas unfortunately, not achievable in Nigeria because of our peculiar way of putting sentiments above logic. We would love to see a party of defined exclusivity to known 'villains', a party of zero tolerance to corruption, of well 'proceduralized' internal democracy devoid of known moneybags, a kind of party driven by masses-oriented Utopian fantasies. In a Nigerian parlance, "an ideologically driven party" What a joke! Good, but unrealistic in a nation so driven by sentiments. (Such a party can be formed but ll NEVER win election in Nigeria) What we have now is a step in the right direction, it does not mean we ll eventually arrive in that exclusive zone of success. But it does, at least, signify that our elite are evolving a process that might limit impunity and make parties work for the pauperized Nigerian masses.

It's the same everywhere. A perfect political party, nay democracy, can not be legislated or decreed into existence. It takes time to build, nurture and then turn to an institution that an individual can not just wake up and bastardize. What we know, of course from the immediate and recent history of the proponents of this framework is that of competence, seriousness of purpose and uncommon tenacity to fight for what is right in a land filled with absurdities of impunity where mediocrity is now the norm. I am supporting APC, with the knowledge that it's not 100% perfect or what I would have preferred it to be, but what else do we have in this country? This is the best opportunity we have in years, that people are now wittingly leaving their comfort zones to live the much mouthed rhetoric "handshake across the Niger" without being prodded by military fiat.

I just want them to set a minimum standard where no one can go below. A standard has been set in Lagos and Edo already. One is being set in Osun, Ondo and a handful of others states similarly controlled by opposition politicians. So it's becoming more and more clear by the day to recognize that past administrations in those states failed the people. What is true in Osun is true in Ekiti and even in some PDP controlled states like Enugu and Jigawa. Ultimately what matters is the man holding the mantle of leadership. A man with history of competence and accomplishments can not all of a sudden turn to lackluster failure in government. The converse is equally true, luck can not bring competence. Let 2015 come and we shall see if Nigerians would, for once put religious and ethnic sentiments aside, judge who is being nominated purely on tract record.

We can not continue to pretend all is well in this country. We need to fix the center and put our country on path of greatness.
Guy you are on point small.... Though i never read am finish oo
But in a country where some section will look into your eyes and tell you that people from your own section will never be president of your country but still claim one Nigeria. What is your take on that?

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by success9(m): 10:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
of the little i konw of politics, "no permanent friend, no permanent enemy". IBB is free to say whatever he wants...like it or not, he is a big force in the north save d anti-pdps and only a few can say no in that north if he says yes and that goes a long way.

I criticised the then AC for allowing Audu Ogbe but till date that has not stopped the party from marching on in the southwest as most of us have seen. Does anyone think the ACN would not have made it to the north? Trust me they would but it would only have taken time. ACN was beginnin to find relevance in the east before the merger. The merger has only hasten the process.

Otunba Gbenga Daniel started with the AD before he migrated to the pdp only for him to become like them all of a sudden. I am beginnin to think that the PDP is cancerous...
If IBB migrates to the APC, will he be relevant? I dare say yes but only as a strategist but never as a political office holder.Its better u ahve him tinker for u than against u. Mind u, political parties are like d church where even d devil cannot be chased away...

Does the PDP have a manifesto? Never heard of it. The ACN had one and I heard the new APC has made one... They have a direction. So if none adheres, he b deterred from further participation i think.

Let fresh party come for a start and letus c the effect of a none pdp led administration for a stat
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by omiobo: 10:55pm On Mar 02, 2013
sholasys: Na Waaa oooo !!!! Atiku Abubarkar political ambition is in delima. where will he pitch his tent PDP or APC?

That's why I will always give to Tinubu. Atiku gave up on ACN I know he will be regretting it now. He is a confused man now.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Trustgt(m): 10:56pm On Mar 02, 2013
PDP is not good! APC is not okay!....men and brethren, who shall go for us? Politics is a game of number, that is why people like Gani, Utomi, Falana could not win election. Progressives need the people {crook, fool, sinners and saints} to cast their votes in order to take over the government from the looters.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by ASANIGBO(m): 10:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
N
A
I
J
A
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 02, 2013
The drama continues.. Babangida's wealth would be of benefit to the APC in establishing a solid national presence. But anything associated with Babangida might be a hard-sell in Lagos and other South-western states.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 02, 2013
success_07: of the little i konw of politics, "no permanent friend, no permanent enemy". IBB is free to say whatever he wants...like it or not, he is a big force in the north save d anti-pdps and only a few can say no in that north if he says yes and that goes a long way.

I criticised the then AC for allowing Audu Ogbe but till date that has not stopped the party from marching on in the southwest as most of us have seen. Does anyone think the ACN would not have made it to the north? Trust me they would but it would only have taken time. ACN was beginnin to find relevance in the east before the merger. The merger has only hasten the process.

Otunba Gbenga Daniel started with the AD before he migrated to the pdp only for him to become like them all of a sudden. I am beginnin to think that the PDP is cancerous...
If IBB migrates to the APC, will he be relevant? I dare say yes but only as a strategist but never as a political office holder.Its better u ahve him tinker for u than against u. Mind u, political parties are like d church where even d devil cannot be chased away...

Does the PDP have a manifesto? Never heard of it. The ACN had one and I heard the new APC has made one... They have a direction. So if none adheres, he b deterred from further participation i think.

Let fresh party come for a start and letus c the effect of a none pdp led administration for a stat
You are a silly citizen my friend for that erring comment. Indeed, somebody like you still admires the old leaders who are turning this country into mess and plunging it into the past.

Please, don't comment again because you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the nation. IBB is term I associat with evil human being, for you to have said he should be accepted proves you are among those wishing for Nigerian to remain in stagnation.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by dukesmith(m): 11:03pm On Mar 02, 2013
IBB is on his way down finally... Itz time to treat IBB's fuckup grin ... GEJ will sure open a case file on him, The rest of them looter will flee 9ja untill 2015 election is over, whatch out!... If you may look closely: GEJ is still the only creditable candidate, untill otherwise.. Well, my bed is call *diving in* bye!

cool cool cool cool
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gratiaeo(m): 11:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
success_07: of the little i konw of politics, "no permanent friend, no permanent enemy". IBB is free to say whatever he wants...like it or not, he is a big force in the north save d anti-pdps and only a few can say no in that north if he says yes and that goes a long way.

Abeg save your long grammar. What's ACN doing in the SW that others are not doing? Oh i hear Ogun state govt are celebrating construction of bridge and street light in lagos
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 11:10pm On Mar 02, 2013

My opinion too. Folks like IBB have gotten to the stage where they will accept the need for working politically to ensure they can live the rest of their life in comfort and not because they seek political office/relevance per se or as a primary motivation.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by cowtail: 11:13pm On Mar 02, 2013
There will be no apc by 2015. Infighting occasioned by lack of consensus in the choice of flag bearers will lead to the disintegration of that party. Nigeria problem is not the political party in power but the politicians. the founders of apc are those that feel that they are not getting a fair share of the national cake under the current arrangement... Their aim is to grab a bigger share of the cake and not to give the citizenry good governance. God is watching.

2 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by takedat(m): 11:13pm On Mar 02, 2013
gratiaeo:
If truly people like IBB, OBJ and others will join APC it means the restructuring of PDP ll kick start... Am not against opposition party but i don't see bright future in APC, all Nigerian politicians are the same... GEJ is not a bad guy even though i did not vote 4 him in 2011 but since we have not got that messiah in Opposition party let make thou with what we have
Well, in all sincerity, I do not believe the movers of the new party will welcome the likes of IBB and OBJ. IBB does not have a political support base except he is willing to spread around part of his loot and he doesn't measure up to Buhari, up north. OBJ would rather play a neutral spoiler than align himself with the likes of Tinubu and Buhari. I believe IBB is only trying to gain relevance after much period in obscurity so we should pay him no mind! Though the truth is, no party anywhere in the world is made of saints or perfectionists, you will always find some rotten eggs amongst them!

2 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gratiaeo(m): 11:14pm On Mar 02, 2013
Gbawe:

My opinion too. Folks like IBB have gotten to the stage where they will accept the need for working politically to ensure they can live the rest of their life in comfort and not because they seek political office/relevance per se or as a primary motivation.
Silly comment
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 02, 2013
Gbawe:

He is not need. It is like of you as a citizen that keeps this country from moving forward. You keep believing we can not do anything without these thieves. We are told the youths are the future of any nation. Jeez!
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by thelastPope(m): 11:16pm On Mar 02, 2013
It is so shameful what Gbawe and his co travellers are spewing on this thread! They are like the ostrich who dip its head in the sand and thinks its whole body is hidden. Their hypocrisy, innermost intentions and diabolical aspirations are so transparent! It says a lot about the mindset of the APC. Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 02, 2013
take dat: Well, in all sincerity, I do not believe the movers of the new party will welcome the likes of IBB and OBJ. IBB does not have a political support base except he is willing to spread round part of his loot and he doesn't measure up to Buhari, up north. OBJ would rather play a neutral spoiler than align himself with the likes of Tinubu and Buhari. I believe IBB is only trying to gain relevance after much period in obscurity so we should pay him no mind! Though the truth is, no party anywhere in the world is made of saints or perfectionists, you will always find some rotten eggs amongst them!
Yes! Now that we've spotted a rotten egg we need to remove it from the midst before it corrupt the others further.This country is for the youths to take their rightful positions and move it forward. These old looters have nothing good to contribute than keep fermenting troubles.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gratiaeo(m): 11:20pm On Mar 02, 2013
take dat: Well, in all sincerity, I do not believe the movers of the new party will welcome the likes of IBB and OBJ. IBB does not have a political support base except he is willing to spread round part of his loot and he doesn't measure up to Buhari, up north. OBJ would rather play a neutral spoiler than align himself with the likes of Tinubu and Buhari. I believe IBB is only trying to gain relevance after much period in obscurity so we should pay him no mind! Though the truth is, no party anywhere in the world is made of saints or perfectionists, you will always find some rotten eggs amongst them!
Nigeria as of today has no alternative to GEJ. just my opinion! You are entitle to your opinion
APC is a composition of old cargos
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gramci: 11:20pm On Mar 02, 2013
gratiaeo: The biggest thieves are decamping to APC, imagine Achike Udenwa, IBB etc.... Before you know it Atiku, Ciroma, Anenih etc will follow

Don't worry, they will be baptised into new creature.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by thelastPope(m): 11:24pm On Mar 02, 2013
cowtail: There will be no apc by 2015. Infighting occasioned by lack of consensus in the choice of flag bearers will lead to the disintegration of that party. Nigeria problem is not the political party in power but the politicians. the founders of apc are those that feel that they are not getting a fair share of the national cake under the current arrangement... Their aim is to grab a bigger share of the cake and not to give the citizenry good governance. God is watching.

Please keep telling them the truth. The best thing that can happen to PDP right now is for IBB to decamp to APC! That singular act will completely change the image of PDP nationwide. IBB is dead weight.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 02, 2013
gramci:

Don't worry, they will be baptised into new creature.
What creatures? They are aberrant and unrepentant criminals. Haven't you learnt something about them from their deeds? JEEZ! Keep deceiving yourself.

Nigeria must move forward and without these criminals!
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gratiaeo(m): 11:26pm On Mar 02, 2013
Specify 2 difference between PDP and APC ?
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 02, 2013
I can see how nihilistic u r by nature?
So am I suppose to insult u back just because I raised an observation and mentioned what I will like the legislature to do in the future so that some of us can have an option of making a choice without making do with what is obtainable at the moment which still solves no problem?
Well my conversation was with a much more rational mind the OP, he understood my point and I also appreciated his views as well and if u were that intelligent u wld have added value to the conversation by atleast making a sensible contribution and not attacking my person for expressing a view which differs from urs.
Well, I won't dignify u by been insultive- I ve outgrown that puberty stage ok.
Its not mandatory that I must support pdp or apc which I know u are a fan of any of these parties but u should also know that I am entitled to my opinion and choice and I chose non of them.
I rather vote a cridible individual who is on the minority and wldnt win than joining the bandwagon effect like u.

Word of advice for u, calling people names because there opinion differs from urs is a sign of weakness and it potrays u as some1 that is mentally lazy and so unfit and proper to engage in any form of mental excercise.
Address d issue and leave the personality cos its a sign of dumbness and I give u d benefit of doubt that u can do better than that.

I still hope that one day, we will have independent candidature ennacted in our electoral laws and if such view makes me a clown according to u then I will gladly be proud to be called a clown forever for that is my wish.
If u have a problem with that, pls don't hug a transformer as some might wish u but I plead that u just respect it as my views rather than calling me names- its so petty and realy childish.
Cheers

emiye:
I was even thinking you will come up with something sound and sensible. Independent candidate

You are so unpractical !!!! shocked shocked shocked

Pluuuuuuuuuussssssssssssseeeeeeeee , be realistic, even if the independent candidate is an angel, Nigerian electorates have not evolved up to that level. May be at ward levels as Councillors, independent candidate can win elections, but a presidential candidate coming out as an independent candidate?

You are short of being a clown.

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gowaga68: 11:29pm On Mar 02, 2013
ROSSIKE: APC is happy to be endorsed by a criminal like IBB?

Says a lot about the party.

Just as PDP is unhappy losing him, abeg where you keep ya mind sef? PDP= people decieving People so where do you think oga of PDP should be and what do you think would happen if such a figure leaves them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jonathan, Fayose At The Bayelsa PDP Governorship Primary Election Today (Photos) / Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others / President Buhari's Media Team In A Group Selfie (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.