Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help (13599 Views)

IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide / How To Set Up A Mini Kerosene Depot And Make Money / Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help by juliebrown: 11:44am On Mar 02, 2013
Pls can sum1 tel me how many litres of kerosine wil fill a drum? Ur respond wil b apreciated
Re: How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help by arbitrage: 9:22pm On Mar 02, 2013
What type of drum? Big metal drum, blue plastic drum or a barrel of oil? Their sizes are written on each of them. A barrel will take about 159 litres while the other drum types are usually about 200 litres capacity.

1 Like

Re: How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help by juliebrown: 11:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
@ arbitrage tnx 4 ur response its a metallic drum

1 Like

Re: How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help by oduz: 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2013
200 Litres
Re: How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help by Gloriouspa(m): 7:26pm On Mar 17, 2013
juliebrown: @ arbitrage tnx 4 ur response its a metallic drum
200 litres if new but old drum takes 210 litres because of its expansion.
Re: How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help by fastlane84: 8:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
225 lit... Cos the metallic drum takes 9. 25lit kegs
Re: How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help by kentochdis(m): 9:02pm On Mar 17, 2013
If it is the metallic type used for kerosene business, then you be talking about a figure above what have already been stated. I have done the business and I knew for a fact that a new Tesco drum (metallic) and other drums used for petroleum products are 250 litres, after much usage and banging around, the volume it takes reduces to like 246 to 249litres. There are other type of drums that were used to convey say chemicals or other products to Naija, those ones are smaller and range from 240 to 248.

Remember, if you buy 2,500 litres of kero into your drum, it's supposed to give you 10 drums complete plus small "fusi". If it is short, it means something is fisher on the suppliers side.

Cheers & Goodluck
Re: How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help by juliebrown: 12:16am On Mar 22, 2013
kentochdis: If it is the metallic type used for kerosene business, then you be talking about a figure above what have already been stated. I have done the business and I knew for a fact that a new Tesco drum (metallic) and other drums used for petroleum products are 250 litres, after much usage and banging around, the volume it takes reduces to like 246 to 249litres. There are other type of drums that were used to convey say chemicals or other products to Naija, those ones are smaller and range from 240 to 248.

Remember, if you buy 2,500 litres of kero into your drum, it's supposed to give you 10 drums complete plus small "fusi". If it is short, it means something is fisher on the suppliers side.

Cheers & Goodluck
Tnx u really read tru my mind I was actually considering but dat amount btw 2500 n 3000 litres. I would appreciate if u put me tru how u get ur product at cheaper rate since u have once done d biz
Re: How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help by juliebrown: 12:16am On Mar 22, 2013
kentochdis: If it is the metallic type used for kerosene business, then you be talking about a figure above what have already been stated. I have done the business and I knew for a fact that a new Tesco drum (metallic) and other drums used for petroleum products are 250 litres, after much usage and banging around, the volume it takes reduces to like 246 to 249litres. There are other type of drums that were used to convey say chemicals or other products to Naija, those ones are smaller and range from 240 to 248.

Cheers & Goodluck
Tnx u really read tru my mind I was actually considering btw dat amount btw 2500 n 3000 litres. I would appreciate if u put me tru how u get ur product at cheaper rate since u have once done d biz
Re: How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help by phranco(m): 6:21am On Mar 22, 2013
I am a supplier,i supply on cheaper rates.where is ur location? U can reach me on this number 08038628106.
Re: How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help by juliebrown: 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
@phranco hw much do u supply
Re: How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help by phranco(m): 7:57am On Mar 26, 2013
u know prices of kero do fluctuate daily,so u call me i will tell u the supply rate as that tym.
Re: How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help by kentochdis(m): 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
juliebrown:
Tnx u really read tru my mind I was actually considering btw dat amount btw 2500 n 3000 litres. I would appreciate if u put me tru how u get ur product at cheaper rate since u have once done d biz

Tanks for Kero business is normally constructed as 2,500 or 5,000 litres. It will normal take a bit more than that, but the extra space is to take the fusi and the part below the tank tap (noosle). If you have space and money, you should go for the 5,000 litres standing tank, because it reduces the amount of reserve left below the tank tap. As for were you can get it cheaper, if you are in Lagos, they have various branches of their Union scattered here and there, their union is called sutaked They have union members who are into supplying of kero. It is rear to hear that a union supplier absconded with your money. so if you can find suppliers that are union members that'll be great. You can get this from other kero sellers in an area close to yours because they normally cover a wide range of area depending on the number of trucks they have. If your are based in Lagos, then you can imagine when I say a supply can cover AJ, Apapa, Festac, satellite, Ojo, Badagry and more areas as far as he has the product. Before going for any supplier, try and find out what his delivery time is like. 1 to 4 days is ok, but when it comes to 2 to 3 weeks, then you'll he uses customers money to trade. If you find a good supply that you have maintained a long term relationship with, it'll be the other way. He'll be supplying you on credit bases if you can be paying some % of the supply.

A word of advice, please don't pay money to anyone just because they post here that they are suppliers. You should physically verify anybody that claims to be a supplier. The profit of this business is kobo kobo, but when multiplied with 2500 makes the other guy smile to the bank while you are left to work for him. Imagine when the normal supply price is say N100 and a sharp guy supplies to you at N110, that is a whooping N25,000 off of you. You will also find it hard to sell off like others in you area because you might be selling at the cost price or there about.

1 Like

Re: How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help by lolexzy: 9:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
If it's a metal drum, it's 210ltrs.
Re: How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help by juliebrown: 9:57am On Aug 20, 2013
kentochdis:

Tanks for Kero business is normally constructed as 2,500 or 5,000 litres. It will normal take a bit more than that, but the extra space is to take the fusi and the part below the tank tap (noosle). If you have space and money, you should go for the 5,000 litres standing tank, because it reduces the amount of reserve left below the tank tap. As for were you can get it cheaper, if you are in Lagos, they have various branches of their Union scattered here and there, their union is called sutaked They have union members who are into supplying of kero. It is rear to hear that a union supplier absconded with your money. so if you can find suppliers that are union members that'll be great. You can get this from other kero sellers in an area close to yours because they normally cover a wide range of area depending on the number of trucks they have. If your are based in Lagos, then you can imagine when I say a supply can cover AJ, Apapa, Festac, satellite, Ojo, Badagry and more areas as far as he has the product. Before going for any supplier, try and find out what his delivery time is like. 1 to 4 days is ok, but when it comes to 2 to 3 weeks, then you'll he uses customers money to trade. If you find a good supply that you have maintained a long term relationship with, it'll be the other way. He'll be supplying you on credit bases if you can be paying some % of the supply.

A word of advice, please don't pay money to anyone just because they post here that they are suppliers. You should physically verify anybody that claims to be a supplier. The profit of this business is kobo kobo, but when multiplied with 2500 makes the other guy smile to the bank while you are left to work for him. Imagine when the normal supply price is say N100 and a sharp guy supplies to you at N110, that is a whooping N25,000 off of you. You will also find it hard to sell off like others in you area because you might be selling at the cost price or there about.

Tnk so much but am in kogi Obajana to b precise

(1) (Reply)

invest in Transberg transportation company and earn 8.3% monthly / 3 Ways To Identify A Profitable Business And Maximize Profit / 5 Ways To Make Money With Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.