Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (48303 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 2:34am On Mar 03, 2013
Okay, I want to use this thread to liberate God's people and set the tithe captives free. How do I mean? Some of you tithe paying church folk have been paying tithe for years and if you will be sincere deep down your heart, nothing has changed. Some of you are still in debt even with tithe paying. Some of you are not living the desired financial life you wanted. Some of you paying tithes are still struggling to meet up your responsibilities that requires money. Let me tell you, God is not a man that He should lie. When God said he will open the windows of heaven in Malachi 3:9-10, he meant it but that was ACCORDING TO THE TRUE BIBLICAL TITHE HE COMMANDED. He even said there will be NO ROOM TO CONTAIN THE BLESSING IF POURED ON YOU.

This is how I became grounded in the word of God - I reason scriptures with the God and I ask question in my studies, allowing the Holy Spirit to speak and teach me because God said, "come, let us reason together..." (Isaiah 1:18). Apostles Paul also reasoned scriptures by the Spirit of God, Acts 17:2. Now, why would God say there will not be room for who pay tithe and yet, many are still in debt paying tithe? Many are still struggling financially if you will be honest. Many of you that pays tithe are still borrowing money from friends and families. ALL OF THESE NEGATES THE PROMISES OF GOD TO THOSE WHO PAYS TITHE. It will therefore mean something is wrong somewhere - either we're not doing it right or God is lying but we know, God cannot lie; therefore, it will mean something is not right somewhere. Today, I want to set you free and let you see that God will NOT bless you by paying tithe because the biblical God's tithing IS NOT THE SAME PRACTICED IN CHURCHES TODAY under the New Testament. I want to reveal to you from scriptures how you can be blessed, out of debt and live your desired financial life WITHOUT TITHING. First, you need to know that God cannot bless people by tithing because God ENDED tithing. So, how do you expect to be blessed by what God NO LONGER COMMANDED FOR THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH?

(to be continue)

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 3:02am On Mar 03, 2013
Okay, I challenge you to confront any pastor, even your pastor after you study the truth here concerning tithe. Tithing as practiced today is a means of religious scam and placing God's people under financial bondage. How do I mean, scripture says, if you must obey the law of Moses, you must obey ALL, otherwise, such person is cursed. So, if you're obeying the law of tithing and not doing other Mosaic law, such person is operating under curse. That's what scripture says in Galatians 3:10,

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continues not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Here is it - Hebrews chapter 7 is the New Testament scriptures that ENDED tithing and the epistle of Apostle Paul is what launches believers into how to be blessed financially. I will show you from scriptures as we study together and allow the Spirit of God to breathe the word in your spirit. I will do a short explanation on Hebrews 7 and we'll study like we ask the Holy Spirit some questions. This is what most of your pastors don't like to go but I'll do it anyway.

(to be continue)
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 4:12am On Mar 03, 2013
First, Hebrews 7 DOES NOT set out to discuss tithing BUT it cut through tithe\tithing to drive home the the SUPERIORITY OF THE PRIESTHOOD OF JESUS OVER THE LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD. Hence, tithe and tithing becomes a subject to demonstrate that the priesthood of Jesus is greater than the levitical priesthood. This we can understand towards the end of the chapter.

Hebrews 7:1 introduces us to Melchizedek who met Abraham returning from slaughter of kings (WAR) and it says Melchizedek blessed Abraham.

Hebrews 7:2 says Abraham gave TENTH PART OF ALL to Melchizedek

Hebrews 7:3 clearly tells us that Melchizedek is ONLY a foreshadow or type of Christ by using the phrase "made LIKE the Son of God, abideth a priest continually. In this, the writer 'represents' the priesthood of Christ to be Melchizedek but he NEVER said Christ is Melchizedek.

Hebrews 7:4, you need to connect back to verse 2 above. Here in verse 4, the writer limits and made clear the TENTH PART OF ALL Abraham gave was limited to SPOILS OF WAR. Hence, there is a difference between what Abraham GAVE and the tithe that was COMMANDED (The Levitical tithe) as we will later study.

Hebrews 7:5 says, "And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham"

Here's what we need to understand - when God gives a commandment, it is specific. There is a specific commandment here and it is TO TAKE TITHE and this specific commandment is given to SONS OF LEVI, the Levites under the Levitical Priesthood. When we study scriptures, we need to pay attention to details and specific instructions. This is the first use of the word 'commandment' in this context, it is TO TAKE TITHE and specifically given to sons of Levi. No other tribe in Israel or through out the word of God was this commandment to take tithe given to ANY OTHER TRIBE.

Hebrews 7:6-7 refreshes Melchizedek blessing Abraham who had the promise of God and Melchizedek is not from the sons of Levi. At this point in Hebrews 7, there're two groups that collects or receives tithe - 1. The sons of Levi from other children of Israel and 2, Melchizedek from Abraham.

Hebrews 7:8 records, "And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth". This verse is one of the verses taken out of context by false tithe teachers to mean that it was Jesus that the phrase, "there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth" is referring to. This is gross misinterpratation of scriptures to falsely apply this phrase to Christ. First, up to this point, NOTHING is said about Christ yet. It simply compares the TWO groups that RECEIVES tithe namely, sons of Levi and 2, Melchizedek. The phrase, "there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth" is referring to Melchizedek in context because the writer had told us in verse 3 that Melchizedek because he didn't have death record REMAINS A PRIEST FOREVER, hence it is witness that he (Melchizedek) liveth. Please, don't let KJV confuse you when difficult, I CHALLENGE YOU TO READ MANY TRANSLATIONS especially Amplified and Expanded bible for better understanding of this verse. The men that die refers to the sons of Levi, who also receive tithe from the brethren.

Hebrews 7:9-10. This verses SPIRITUALIZED the sons of Levi who have commandment to receive tithe to ALSO pay tithe in Abraham. How? Because Abraham was the patriarch (verse 4) of the children of Israel\Levi and Levi was still IN Abraham when he met Melchizedek. So, if verse 7 told us the one who blesses is greater than he who is blessed and spiritually, Levi was in Abraham. It therefore means, Melchizedek is greater that both Abraham and levi who was IN Abraham. This is how the priesthood of Jesus is keyed into the type and shadow of Melchizedek to be greater than the Levitical Priesthood and Abraham himself. This is the same argument Apostle Paul used when he said, when Adam sinned, EVERYONE SINNED AND DEATH WAS SPREAD TO EVERYONE. And by the sacrifice of Christ, ALL is justified before God - Romans 5:12-21. So, when Abraham gave tithe to Melchizedek, Levi PAID tithe to Melchizedek SPIRITUALLY, not physically or literally because somebody that is still in his father's lions cannot pay tithe physically because he yet to be born.

to be continue
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 5:11am On Mar 03, 2013
Hebrews 7:11 begins to draw a contrast between levitical priesthood being imperfect and the need for another priesthood in the pattern or order of Melchizedek and no longer after the order of Aaron.

Hebrews 7:12 mentions when the priesthood (of Levi) is CHANGED, there MUST also be change of the law. The question is what law MUST be changed? It is the entire law governing the Levitical priesthood that is changed. If the priesthood if changed from order of Aaron to order of Melchizedek, this change MUST also necessitate change of law governing the priesthood of Levi\Aaron.

Hebrews 7:13-15, the writer makes it clear he was talking about Christ but using the order of Melchizedek to illustrate or drive home his revelation. How do we know this? The context says, Christ descended from the tribe of Judah, not tribe of Levi that operates under the Levitical priesthood. And he says, it is far more evidence that another priest arise after the similitude of Melchizedek, which Christ took after, not after the order of Aaron.

Hebrews 7:16 says, "Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life". This is the SECOND use of the word 'commandment' in this context of Hebrews 7. Remember the first was in verse 5 and it was to COLLECT TITHE. This second commandment, we need to know what it is specified for - it is the requirement\condition for being able to serve among the Levitical priesthood - One MUST be from the TRIBE OF LEVI. Otherwise, such cannot serve under the levitical priesthood. That's the essence of the phrase, "WHO IS MADE..." in that context. Therefore, in all, we have the word 'commandment' EQUALS to TWO SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS - to take tithe and to be made a Levitical. priesthood.

Hebrews 7:18. This is the verse that CANCELS tithing in the New Testament. This is where tithe and tithing ENDED under the covenant of Grace of our Lord Jesus. The verse says, "For there is verily a DISANNULLING of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof".

Question: What commandment is disannulled? The writer already used the word 'commandment' to point to TWO specific instructions and he didn't use the commandment in plural for both cases\usage; he used them in singular form, without -s. The third usage of the word 'commandment' is also in singular not plural. Here is what we need to understand. When the law was given to Moses, it was 613 laws contained in the one package called the law (singular) of Moses such as John 1:17, it says law (SINGULAR) was given by Moses. The same applies in this context, the word 'commandment' is taken as ONE or as WHOLE point to two instructions as already used in context.

When it says there is verily a DISANNULLING of the COMMANDMENT going BEFORE and the commandment is to TAKE TITHE (verse 5) and TO BE MADE A LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD (verse 16). The disannullment MUST therefore include COMMANDMENT to TAKE TITHE BY LEVITES AND TO BE MADE A LEVITE because these are the two usage or point to the specific instruction that the commandment does in this context. Some false teachers says, it is ONLY the commandment in verse 16 that is disannulled. I called that false interpretation of scriptures. It CANNOT cancel one commandment and leave the other while it uses commandment (SINGULAR) to mean TWO THINGS or TWO INSTRUCTIONS. This will be wrongly dividing the word of truth.

Another question we need to ask those who says it was ONLY the priesthood that was set aside or cancelled is that, if the tithe was commandment to the Levitical priesthood and they say it is the priesthood that is disanulled in verse 18, then does the tithe still remain? The people that the tithe was commandment to be given to are disanulled, it automatically means the tithe itself is disannulled along together with the people (Levitical Priesthood), if that is their argument. There is no logical explanation that those commandment to take tithe is disannulled but the tithe remains. This is abuse of scriptural interpretation.

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Boomark(m): 5:52am On Mar 03, 2013
alexleo:

Frosbel get thee behind me with your NONSENSE teachings about tithe.

Why do you rebuke Gal 5:4? Does it have anything to do with guilty conscience?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Boomark(m): 5:57am On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel:

God Bless you.

100,000 likes. grin

Let me fully quote your last reference to scripture.

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ -
Matthew 25:37-4

So we actually do it to him when we do it to the brethren who are in need, sick, hungry , thirsty or in prison and not for the building of massive mega temples, churches etc , funding pet projects and giving ONE MAN, the Lord Pastor the opportunity to live an exotic and expensive life style.

Please Sir, quote the unrighteous part of the quote above for the heart-hardened alexleo and co to see. From v41.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by PastorKun(m): 7:16am On Mar 03, 2013
@Goshen
Great exposition on Hebrews 7, kindly make sure you archive it for future teachings on the annulment of tithes in the bible. If you don't mind I would also be archiving it for future use as well. God bless you real good.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 03, 2013
@frosbel
I will take a slaughtered ram,dead chicken,dead dog,cashew,agbalumo etc to church as my tithe today .lol
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by tpia5: 8:25am On Mar 03, 2013
Goshen360: Okay, I challenge you to confront any pastor, even your pastor

titus 3

9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.

10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. 11 You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Boomark(m): 10:42am On Mar 03, 2013
^^
frosbel: " You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace." - Galatians 5:4

We are teaching you the same thing titus taught you. The law is unprofitable to those in Christ.

My dear take a look at what Paul wrote to Galatipians angry above from frosbel's quote.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 03, 2013
CLASH OF THE TITHE-TIANS

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 03, 2013
christemmbassey: Pls sir where did God command the jews to give tithe to the levites WIDOWS, ORPHANS and the STRANGERS. Now that we dont have levites again, so those practicing judaism should give tithes to only the widows, orphans and strangers? What about the pastors that collect tithes and eat alone without giving to the widows, orphans and strangers, will God purnish them for the double sin? because as christians, they are not supposed to collect tithes. Now sir dont mind the ignorant sheeps shouting blue murder for ur effort to show them light 4 they do not know what they are saying for the law they are trying to obey says - the tither should divide his tithe among the levites (no longer applicable) the widows, orphans and strangers, the law never said take all the tithes and give to one group of persons (levites). I tink una want practice LAW? Una want practice judaism in christianity, una go know say khaki no b leather, its a pity.

read Deuteronomy 26:12
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by chidibond(m): 11:28am On Mar 03, 2013
My father once told me "whatever you believe will work for you"...God has blessed and increased me since i became faithful with my tithes. It doesn't work for some people cuz deep inside they believe its for the Pastor. Renew ur mind pals. 'Pay' ur tithes as unto God and not men, and reap the rewards. @ Goshen, great expose, but too philosophical. i take God's word at face value and let His spirit guide me. FULLSTOP

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 03, 2013
Acidosis:

The tithe is for him! Alone? Ask your Pastor i/c. He's God's sheperd on earth. If God wanted you to control "tithes" and decide who to give, he would have made you a PASTOR!

If I am a poor man & you come to me saying, THIS IS MY TITHE for this month, take it and feed yourself.
I'm sorry but I won't take it.. and any wise christian would do the same by rejecting the money..

What point will anyone make of that? To put me under a curse? If u must give me, must you tag it tithe?
Is that how you guys give?

please read Deuteronomy 26:12-13
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 03, 2013
chidibond: My father once told me "whatever you believe will work for you"...God has blessed and increased me since i became faithful with my tithes. It doesn't work for some people cuz deep inside they believe its for the Pastor. Renew ur mind pals. 'Pay' ur tithes as unto God and not men, and reap the rewards. @ Goshen, great expose, but too philosophical. i take God's word at face value and let His spirit guide me. FULLSTOP

please read Deuteronomy 26:12-13
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by sweetnigga(m): 11:31am On Mar 03, 2013
OP u don begin put eye 4 GOD moni abi ? Ask google question about those that challenged GOD'S authority i bet u will get a better answer there and have a second taught too.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by asids55: 11:31am On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel: This Sunday in Church , take your 'Tithes' and Offerings to Church.

When the service gets to the Malachi 3 session, look for anyone around you who has real needs, and give your tithes and offerings to them.

Better still ask the ushers or pastors to ask the following people to come forward :

- Mothers who do not know where the next meal for the family will come from
- Fathers who have lost their Jobs
- Widows who have no husbands
- Orphans who have no parents.
- Students who are barely eating talk less of paying school fees
- Those who wear rags or who have no shoes
- the homeless and destitute.

Do not give it to the ushers or take it to the front of the church , give it to these people, these are GOD's children who have real needs, yes, they are the ones who need your money, your spare clothes and shoes, extra cars etc.

I repeat, do not give a dime to your church or pastor and let us see how they will react !!!!

with this, you get to see people who are only interested in getting the material things you have to offer without any intention of serving the lord or benefiting from the sermon,they will only come to church during that period and leave after that

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 11:33am On Mar 03, 2013
Damex333: Am not a bible scholar but of my own God given knowledge. The israelites were instructed to give the levites tithes cos the levites were the only tribe that was give the Job of taking care of the temple,and the box of testimony, they were only given that work no other work for them,they weren't asked to till the ground, so i think we should give our tithes to the church, but d bible says "whosoever doesn't say his/her tithes is robbing God." this is not telling not to help the needy, aren't the children of israel helping the needy? But they still give their tithe. So, we shouldn't mix vivid together wit offerings to the needy. U can always give to the needy as u ape empowered to give,but definately not from ur tithe.
pls try to study the bible for urself and stop swallowing hook, line and sinker of the marketing gibilishes of the gospel traders. Now have you ever seen this verses in ur bible? Deutronomy 14:22-29. Read and come back here and lets reason together.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by lovejo(m): 11:45am On Mar 03, 2013
Tithe is for house of God and invariably to pastor, but only pastor that work full-time in the house of God, that is according to old testament.
In new testament you bring what you can afford to assist less privilege in the church, it can be les or more than 10 percent, but at the end of the day not a member of the church should go back home without knowing what to eat.
I will support the opinion of the poster, but he put it forward in the wrong way through tithe. Tithe is not relevant to new testament, but pastors this days show their skills and knowledge their this-days than the bible itself.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by danikik7: 11:45am On Mar 03, 2013
Church is not a money making venture,give your arms to those that needs it and God will surely reward you.Remember,for he said if you can do this to a poor brother or sister,then,you have done it to me.

GIVE TO THE NEEDY AND NOT THE PASTORS !
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by tishat(f): 11:48am On Mar 03, 2013
@acidosis pls how do you give to God?pls read Mat 25v35-36,for everything you give to the needy you gave to God!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by collins125: 12:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
Acidosis: Crap!

God did not say you should give your TITHE (God's 1/10th demand) to the poor...

If you want to give to the poor, c'mon, you can even give your FULL salary after paying the tithe to the church..
You can get a big loan and give to the poor, NO ONE will stop you..

And only a f00l will practise that which you suggested...
You don't need to show the whole congregation what you want to give.... Invite them to your house, pack your belongings and money and properties for them smiley
BUT
Your tithe is for God! Try and change his order by trying to use your "professor wisdom" and you're doomed...
If God wanted us to do that, he'd have given us the commandment!

These things have been written before our greatgrandfathers were born and you can not change it with your JET age 21st century terrestial sense...

^^^
[size=14pt]Do not argue with an eediot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.[/size]
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by graluxxy054(f): 12:04pm On Mar 03, 2013
I don't know y people like creating problems for themselves. I don't know y people like involving themselves in things that does not concern them? Leave God and pastors matter alone before you incur Gods wrath upon yourself. Don't add or subtract anything to/from the Bible. I've read my Bible and I've not seen where God instructed us to give our offerings and tithes to the poor. If u want to give to the poor, do it the right way and at the right time. Stop twisting Gods word to suit yourself and situation!

If you're in d league of those that tell people things that are not in d Bible, desist from it now cos God will hold u responsible for every soul you mislead
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Katier00(f): 12:05pm On Mar 03, 2013
Acidosis: Crap!

God did not say you should give your TITHE (God's 1/10th demand) to the poor...

If you want to give to the poor, c'mon, you can even give your FULL salary after paying the tithe to the church..
You can get a big loan and give to the poor, NO ONE will stop you..

And only a f00l will practise that which you suggested...
You don't need to show the whole congregation what you want to give.... Invite them to your house, pack your belongings and money and properties for them smiley
BUT
Your tithe is for God! Try and change his order by trying to use your "professor wisdom" and you're doomed...
If God wanted us to do that, he'd have given us the commandment!

These things have been written before our greatgrandfathers were born and you can not change it with your JET age 21st century terrestial sense...
. U have said it all
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by SmartCount(m): 12:07pm On Mar 03, 2013
I think the OP is very correct. I wonder why people always lay emphasis on giving tithe to pastors. Do you know we are also instructed in the same bible to eat our tithe together with our family and well wishers? You may want to read Deut. 14:22-End. This idea where a section of the bible is vehemently hung on for a persona gain while other parts are relegated baffles me.

5 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by jidewin(m): 12:12pm On Mar 03, 2013
christemmbassey: Pls sir where did God command the jews to give tithe to the levites WIDOWS, ORPHANS and the STRANGERS. Now that we dont have levites again, so those practicing judaism should give tithes to only the widows, orphans and strangers? What about the pastors that collect tithes and eat alone without giving to the widows, orphans and strangers, will God purnish them for the double sin? because as christians, they are not supposed to collect tithes. Now sir dont mind the ignorant sheeps shouting blue murder for ur effort to show them light 4 they do not know what they are saying for the law they are trying to obey says - the tither should divide his tithe among the levites (no longer applicable) the widows, orphans and strangers, the law never said take all the tithes and give to one group of persons (levites). I tink una want practice LAW? Una want practice judaism in christianity, una go know say khaki no b leather, its a pity.

hehehehehe comedian like me grin
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by denitro(m): 12:13pm On Mar 03, 2013
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Reference(m): 12:14pm On Mar 03, 2013

When the service gets to the Malachi 3 session, look for anyone around you who has real needs, and give your tithes and offerings to them.

Better still ask the ushers or pastors to ask the following people to come forward :

Do not give it to the ushers or take it to the front of the church , give it to these people, these are GOD's children who have real needs, yes, they are the ones who need your money, your spare clothes and shoes, extra cars etc.

I repeat, do not give a dime to your church or pastor and let us see how they will react !!!!

That is a deliberate disobedience of scripture and you know the consequences. Tithes and offerings go to 'His store house that there may be meat (provisions) in His house'. Not to anyone's pocket.

Tithes and offerings are provisions to keep His house functional. The running of the church, the propagation of the gospel.

Jesus did not dip his hands into the treasury to feed the multitude. He rather took another seperate purpose driven specific offering of five loaves and two fishes for that.

The early church in Acts encouraged people to contribute for distribution. No where on record do you see tithes being distributed.

In Matthew 26:6-13 you can see that Jesus made a clear distinction between giving to Him (who is the head of the church) and giving to the poor. They are not the same thing. You cannot substitute one for the other. Verse 11 obliges you to the poor but Verse 13 says an offering to Jesus sends the gospel around the world.

Whatever spirit seeks to curtail the funding of churches under any guise cannot be from God.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by denitro(m): 12:14pm On Mar 03, 2013

False Teacher - Stop teaching false doctrine
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by jidewin(m): 12:15pm On Mar 03, 2013

hehehehehe comedian like me grin
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by jidewin(m): 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
But Jokes apart.. Na WAH for this TITHE WAR O. Frosbel and Goshen360 meant business today shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Pastors Riot Against Anglican Bishop, Close Down Church In Sapele (Video) / Spell To Become A Mermaid When You Touch Water / Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.