Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? (1685 Views)

Death Of Church Members: How Does Your Church React? / When Does Your Church Services Start And When Do You Arrive? / As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by ambrosini593(m): 7:27am On Mar 03, 2013
Let's hear from you
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by ATMC(f): 7:34am On Mar 03, 2013
From experience my money but its kind of common with pentecostals...its not dt common in roman catholic church
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by HARDDON: 7:57am On Mar 03, 2013
Used to fink itz мч money until i came to terms with d truth.
You aint helpin no church but yourself.
seed timee and harvest is a general principle that works ƒoя any1 who dares to apply it .

The bible is full of men who sowed and received in abundance.
Go check out what moved God to bless Solomon with wisdom.

Go check out haw much sacrifice unbelievers perform( including human sacrifice) just to get an appointment and you fink Christains shld sit and fold their hands and die in poverty?

Darkness always mimic light.

Have you ever seen an herbalist you dnt give goat and all sorts of weird tins cos you want help? Den dey multiply your problems.
How many times has any 1 balled in here to ask this stupid question about such?
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 03, 2013
@HARDDON

You dont need to give or sacrifice to God anymore to get blessed - He is not a money doubler.jesus christ,the ultimate sacrifice, has paid it all.all you need do is go to him and he inturn will speak to the Father on ur behalf.seed sowing is like replacing jesus with money.those men in the bible that sacrificed to God did that before christ.
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by saintvc(m): 11:36am On Mar 03, 2013
None of the above
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by Joel3(m): 11:54am On Mar 03, 2013
Segeggs: @HARDDON

You dont need to give or sacrifice to God anymore to get blessed - He is not a money doubler.jesus christ,the ultimate sacrifice, has paid it all.all you need do is go to him and he inturn will speak to the Father on ur behalf.seed sowing is like replacing jesus with money.those men in the bible that sacrificed to God did that before christ.
natural laws never change? Our God is not a changng GOd. The laws are the same yerstaday, the same today and forever more.

Sacrificing to God alter is one of the best answers to prayer you can ever get, even a sinner, once he apply this laws it work for all.

I have a thread about God alter, it what trying, a try will convince you.
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by ATMC(f): 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
We should follow christ not someone's opinion. How often did christ mention giving in church? D church does not even emphasise d kind of giving jesus emphasised- to d poor and less privileged nowadays, they emphasise giving to your man of god; how your man of god is d link to your prosperity, how you should celebrate your man of god's birthday etc. They don't even emphasise d very act of sowing seed of your own volition rather they link it to programs and many things. D question is DID JESUS ACT THIS WAY? Make we dey use our common sense.
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by Joel3(m): 3:21pm On Mar 03, 2013
ATMC: We should follow christ not someone's opinion. How often did christ mention giving in church? D church does not even emphasise d kind of giving jesus emphasised- to d poor and less privileged nowadays, they emphasise giving to your man of god; how your man of god is d link to your prosperity, how you should celebrate your man of god's birthday etc. They don't even emphasise d very act of sowing seed of your own volition rather they link it to programs and many things. D question is DID JESUS ACT THIS WAY? Make we dey use our common sense.
i am not talking of given to a man of God. I mean given to God. You drop it in GOds altar, whatever happens after there is non of your bizness.

In your heart you have given to God. People mix use the two word given to man of God and the same as GOd. Two deferent thing dear
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
Joel.:
i am not talking of given to a man of God. I mean given to God. You drop it in GOds altar, whatever happens after there is non of your bizness.

In your heart you have given to God. People mix use the two word given to man of God and the same as GOd. Two deferent thing dear
dropping at d altar is wrong cos we all know dats where it ends.sacrifice by giving to God's people-which are his temple-suffering rather than an alter in a temple He doesnt live in anymore.how can u neglect a beggar on ur way to church to drop ur so-called sacrifice.doesnt God care about humans anymore?

1 Like

Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 03, 2013
Joel.:
natural laws never change? Our God is not a changng GOd. The laws are the same yerstaday, the same today and forever more.

Sacrificing to God alter is one of the best answers to prayer you can ever get, even a sinner, once he apply this laws it work for all.

what u are saying is wat i call "turning God into a money-doubler"
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 03, 2013
Joel.:

So when you drop you money at GOD's altar, what does he do with it ? Eat it ?
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 03, 2013
Joel.:

where is the law in d bible?
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by Joel3(m): 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel2:

So when you drop you money at GOD's altar, what does he do with it ? Eat it ?
that is why you must drop in a church with good structure, God will minister to the priest what to do with it. The ways of God laws you must obey not you formulating a none doctrine pratics, God said give to the poor, and bring to my house also. Dont mix all this things togather
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 03, 2013
[quote author=Joel.] that is why you must drop in a church with good structure,

There is only ONE TRUE CHURCH and it has the best structure anyone can ever ask for, this is JESUS CHRIST.

God will minister to the priest what to do with it.

We are all priests.

3 Likes

Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by Joel3(m): 4:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
If u r a priest then why going to church and complaning? You should start doing you priest service alone and stop this cretics. You should be better alone on ur own.
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 03, 2013
Joel.:
If u r a priest then why going to church and complaning? You should start doing you priest service alone and stop this cretics. You should be better alone on ur own.
that is the kind of reaction u get from someone hitted by d truth.the truth is bitter-perhaps he's an MOG
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by HARDDON: 12:05am On Mar 04, 2013
None of you with sleek tongues against tithing has bin able to ansa мч question.

Why do politicians make human sacrifices to get an office?

Why do herbalists colect all manners of sacrifices in bid to help d hapleSs?

Why?
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by HARDDON: 12:41am On Mar 04, 2013

Ofcos he is not a 'money doubler' woreva that means. But he knows that humans r inherently selfish. Thus the principle.
Didn't you read about d rich man that kept all commandments but wen Jesus told him to go sell all he had and come follow him, he was sore grieved and went away in anger?

Where dere lies no check mates n principles , chaos is inevitable is. It is man's tendency to worship d created material tins and hold them in higher esteem than d maker. So he instructed we give.

As long as d earth remaineth, Seed timee and harvest shall not cease.

If that is not enuf ƒoя you, testimonies abound of men who were struck with poverty but out of the little they had, gave their ways of of poverty.

Don't get it twisted menh . Salvation cannot take d place of sowing and reaping. Didn't Lazarus die å pauper yet went to heaven? Ενεη in heaven, he still remained poor cos he was @ Abraham's bosom. So many Christians r actually harassing God with so many prayer points today and it seems he isn't answering dem wen all dey nid do is tithe and give offerings with a cheerful hearts .

No oηε is forcing none of you. Give if you deem it fit but as ƒoя me and мч household, we will give it all back to him.

Мч dad in d Lord is a dangerous giver and i can't slack . Ενεη d church pay its tithe and give offerings. Which dad isn't involved in.
Dad's account is different from d church's accounts. And all church properties are bought in d church's name.

Haw much do Ʊ have put togheda? Multiply that вч 1000 ...da might just ß some1's offering ƒoя a Sunday service . So boys, you haven't seen wealth yet. Sow that uя seed ånd stop dis hate.

But i shld quickly point out very importantly that is it not every ground you r meant to sow. It is not every church you can pay uя tithe. Only pay it where salvation is preached and ρρℓ get saved week in week out. If not, you can't but continue this uя cries .

Regards
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by HARDDON: 12:55am On Mar 04, 2013
ATMC: We should follow christ not someone's opinion. How often did christ mention giving in church? D church does not even emphasise d kind of giving jesus emphasised- to d poor and less privileged nowadays, they emphasise giving to your man of god; how your man of god is d link to your prosperity, how you should celebrate your man of god's birthday etc. They don't even emphasise d very act of sowing seed of your own volition rather they link it to programs and many things. D question is DID JESUS ACT THIS WAY? Make we dey use our common sense.

If your church isn't satisfying your spiritual, financial and all otherwise needs, change. Cos there are a lot out there where d gospels is preached undiluted.

And point of correction, God's ways r totally not our ways nor his tot line aligned with ours. This is oηε sure lane uя lame common sense wud do Ʊ any gud.

. Ask God ƒoя forgiveness and ask him to direct you to where you can ß fed with balanced diet cos anointing without d lil comfort of life is total annoyance .
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by ATMC(f): 4:16am On Mar 04, 2013
HARDDON:

If your church isn't satisfying your spiritual, financial and all otherwise needs, change. Cos there are a lot out there where d gospels is preached undiluted.

And point of correction, God's ways r totally not our ways nor his tot line aligned with ours. This is oηε sure lane uя lame common sense wud do Ʊ any gud.

. Ask God ƒoя forgiveness and ask him to direct you to where you can ß fed with balanced diet cos anointing without d lil comfort of life is total annoyance .
you are a slowpoke! Which forgiveness should i ask for? Mr judge, how come you were so quick to conclude dt i'd sinned when at d same time quoting dt god's ways are not human's neither his thought...why didn't you wait for d spirit to convict me of my sin? Why did you have to do his job for him? Why use d word lame? I know why...its what you are dt you easily see in others.
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by HARDDON: 8:10am On Mar 05, 2013
ATMC: you are a slowpoke! Which forgiveness should i ask for? Mr judge, how come you were so quick to conclude dt i'd sinned when at d same time quoting dt god's ways are not human's neither his thought...why didn't you wait for d spirit to convict me of my sin? Why did you have to do his job for him? Why use d word lame? I know why...its what you are dt you easily see in others.

Oh dear, so Much negative Energy?

Wasn't judging you ATMC, couldn't judge Ʊ ƒoя worlds cos I'm a man full of flaws too. An imperfect being.

And yes, our brains r too lame figure out God's ways
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by deebrain(m): 8:33am On Mar 05, 2013
whether they care for my money or me does not matter to me. Its not them im seeking for in service.
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by ATMC(f): 1:47pm On Mar 05, 2013
HARDDON:

Oh dear, so Much negative Energy?

Wasn't judging you ATMC, couldn't judge Ʊ ƒoя worlds cos I'm a man full of flaws too. An imperfect being.

And yes, our brains r too lame figure out God's ways
And i guess you didn't notice d negative in your previous post?
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 05, 2013
@HARDDON

The day u become broke is d day u'll realise ur church doesnt give a damn about you.(ask d poor people in church)
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by alexleo(m): 3:24pm On Mar 05, 2013
Many things are happening in churches these last days and its really spoiling the image of the body of Christ. However, in my church, nobody preaches money. They preach holiness without which no man shall see God. Nobody preaches about giving to a pastor or things like that. No record for tithe payers is kept. There is a box for tithe and offering at the back of the church and you can go there anytime and anyday you are led to drop whatever you have. You dont write your name on it. Pastor does not have access to the money in the box. Its the church treasury department. They bring a a list of what is needed to be done in the church and have a meeting with the pastor and approvals will be made for such things according to their priority. There is nothing like offering time during the service. A lot of our pastors have a secular job they are doing or business so church does not pay them. The other church workers (like office workers, drivers etc) are the ones the church pay also the less priviledged benefit from such monies and of course such allowances are a paltry sum because the church gets small money in the box(reason being that they dont compel people or even remind them to give money to the church). Anybody who wants to be rich through pastorial work will definitely not find my church the right place. I marvel at the level of greed in churches.
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by HARDDON: 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2013

The day u become broke is d day u'll realise ur church doesnt give a damn about you.(ask d poor people in church)

I can never be broke..... and dose that have expirenced that arround ma church, the church mos def luk after them. cos we have welfare department in the church that caters for widows and all manners of ish.

here is a lil word: first, format your brain memory, put on some clean pairs of pants, and change church! cos from the foregoing, i can tell, they( your church) aint caring for you!

and by the way, none of you has attempted to answer my Question why?
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 05, 2013
HARDDON:

I can never be broke..... and dose that have expirenced that arround ma church, the church mos def luk after them. cos we have welfare department in the church that caters for widows and all manners of ish.

here is a lil word: first, format your brain memory, put on some clean pairs of pants, and change church! cos from the foregoing, i can tell, they( your church) aint caring for you!

and by the way, none of you has attempted to answer my Question why?
welfare department my foot!the answer to ur question is dis: herbalist collect sacrifices 4rm people to help dem which is d way of satan.you sacrificing(money) to God is like saying God's ways are like d devil's.you see how u reason.you can neva b broke...! do u knw d future or are u God?
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by Joel3(m): 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2013
Segeggs: welfare department my foot!the answer to ur question is dis: herbalist collect sacrifices 4rm people to help dem which is d way of satan.you sacrificing(money) to God is like saying God's ways are like d devil's.you see how u reason.you can neva b broke...! do u knw d future or are u God?
what do you know about sacrifice? Does the blood of Jesus not sacrifice to God for the sins of mankind and christinanity, most of you guys dont any what u r praticing. Sacrifice is part of christainity, exept it's not the same God of old in the bible.
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2013
Joel.:
what do you know about sacrifice? Does the blood of Jesus not sacrifice to God for the sins of mankind and christinanity, most of you guys dont any what u r praticing. Sacrifice is part of christainity, exept it's not the same God of old in the bible.
there you go!God gave jesus as a sacrifice to redeem mankind from all PROBLEMS so we christians dont need to sacrifice anymore,not even money.we can only give to the needy and towards meaningful projects cos God loves a cheerful giver and tithe is not cheerful giving
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by ATMC(f): 10:38am On Mar 06, 2013
alexleo: Many things are happening in churches these last days and its really spoiling the image of the body of Christ. However, in my church, nobody preaches money. They preach holiness without which no man shall see God. Nobody preaches about giving to a pastor or things like that. No record for tithe payers is kept. There is a box for tithe and offering at the back of the church and you can go there anytime and anyday you are led to drop whatever you have. You dont write your name on it. Pastor does not have access to the money in the box. Its the church treasury department. They bring a a list of what is needed to be done in the church and have a meeting with the pastor and approvals will be made for such things according to their priority. There is nothing like offering time during the service. A lot of our pastors have a secular job they are doing or business so church does not pay them. The other church workers (like office workers, drivers etc) are the ones the church pay also the less priviledged benefit from such monies and of course such allowances are a paltry sum because the church gets small money in the box(reason being that they dont compel people or even remind them to give money to the church). Anybody who wants to be rich through pastorial work will definitely not find my church the right place. I marvel at the level of greed in churches.
pm me your church. Btw can it be found in lagos?
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by PastorKun(m): 12:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
ATMC: pm me your church. Btw can it be found in lagos?

But his church also preaches the fraudulent tithe doctrine.
Re: Does Your Church Cares About You Or Your Money? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

But his church also preaches the fraudulent tithe doctrine.

He is on Nairaland advertising his church when he should actually be advertising Jesus.

Besides his church also preaches the false tithe doctrine as you rightly noticed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is The General Overseer? / . / What Will Happen After The Rapture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.